Ryan Brierley signed off his loan spell with two more tries as Leigh gained revenge for their Good Friday derby defeat in a frantic finale to Summer Bash.

Twelve months earlier Brierley had kicked the goal to give Toronto Wolfpack a late and controversial 28-26 victory over Centurions at Bloomfield Road.

This time the Scottish international half back turned the jeers into cheers with an invaluable brace in a rip-roaring end to the two-day league fest.

But Leigh made their fans sweat in the Fylde coast sunshine. John Duffy’s scored five of their six tries in the opening 48 minutes to lead 30-6.

Widnes weren’t done, however, and Danny Craven’s double brought the Vikings back to 30-22 with 15 minutes remaining.

That though was as close as Leigh came to losing their grip on the two points.

The return of Luke Douglas added some beef into the pack. The St Helens loanee then forced a knock on out of Jayden Hatton and moments later McNally scampered over for the match clinching try.

Martyn Ridyard kicked his fourth conversion to go with two penalties and Leigh closed to within two points of second place Toulouse.

“We owed that o our fans for Good Friday when we didn’t turn up,” said Duffy.

“Derby games are special, and you have got to give that extra one percent and we did that this time.”

Brierley is now scheduled to return to the Wolfpack, 42-14 winners over Toulouse the previous day.

“We spoke in the week of how much this game meant to us as a club, the town and the fans,” he said of the victory that leaves Leigh only two points adrift of second place Toulouse.

“I have really enjoyed my time and it’s been nice to score some tries,” added Brierley of his brief stay.

“But I have got to be respectful to Toronto and I am sure they will decide what will be, will be.”

The teams traded early penalties through Ridyard and Lloyd Roby before Owen Buckley touched down for the first of the game’s 10 tries after 16 minutes.

Leigh though weren’t to be overrun a second time by ex-coach Kieron Purtill’s team. Toby Adamson, McNally and Brierley scored in a blistering 10 minutes spell to put Leigh in command.

Ridyard kicked a penalty at the start of the second half before Brierley and James Laithwaite went over in quick succession to take Leigh 30-6 clear.

Vikings’ weren’t finished and brought themselves back into contention with two tries from Danny Craven and a third by Roby to put the outcome in doubt at 30-22.

But Douglas’ hit on Hatton forced a knock on and McNally jubilantly finished off the resulting possession.

Match stats: Leigh: Ridyard; McNally, I Thornley, Simm, Marsh; Brierley, Woods; Douglas, Higham, Emmitt, T Adamson, Laithwaite, Cator; Substitutes: Hood, A Thornley, Spencer, Batchelor.

Tries: Adamson (25), McNally (27 and 76), Brierley (38, 43), Laithwaite (48) Goals: Ridyard 6/8 Vikings: Roby; Hatton, Dean, Brand; Buckley, Craven, Gilmore; T Chapelhow, Johnstone, J Chapelhow, Wilde, Walker, Cahill; substitutes: Hansen, Ganson, Farnworth, Leuluai.

Tries: Buckley (16), Craven (56, 65), Roby (61) Goals: Roby (3) Referee: Greg Dolan Half-time: 18-6