A KITCHEN was destroyed when some oil in a pan caught fire.

Firefighters from Blackburn were called to the incident at a house on Wensley Road at the junction of St Marks Road at 5.30pm this evening.

Crew manager Adam Baron said: "It was an accidental fire as the occupant was using oil to cook and the kitchen was destroyed.

"There was a man in the house and he was assessed by the North West Ambulance Service paramedics at the scene and no further treatement needed.

"We left the scene after three hours."