A road was closed after a fire broke out at a factory this morning. 

Three fire engines were sent to Links Embroidery at Thomas House, off Sofa Street in Bolton, at around 6am.

The blaze, which happened on the ground floor, is believed to have been accidental and no-one has been injured.

A Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: "We were called to reports of a fire on the ground floor of a two-storey building measuring roughly 15m by 15m.

"No-one was at the property when we arrived.

"Crews used a door ram to get in and four breathing apparatus and two hose reels to extinguish the fire.

"Smoke damage was caused to the building but the structure is sound."

One fire engine remains at the site and is set to be there for most of the day.

The fire service said Sofa Street was closed as police managed the scene.