AN inquest into a 45-year-old dad who committed suicide has found that errors made by public services did not directly contribute to his death.

The body of father-of-four Lee Hall, from Bolton, was found in an area of land just 200 yards away from his mother and father’s home in Queen Street, Radcliffe, on August 4, 2018.

He had been missing for ten days after telling authorities of suicidal thoughts and then being taken to North Manchester General Hospital.

It followed a lifelong battle with drug addiction which had seen him repeatedly use heroin.

A lengthy inquest held at Heywood Coroners Court found a number of mistakes had been made by services during the period leading to his death but that none of these could be labelled as directly causing the tragedy.

Following the conclusion, one of Mr Hall’s three sisters, Jennifer Semeniuk, said the family had “lost trust in the system”.

“Today’s findings will never replace Lee,” she said.

“He was let down from start to finish and passed about with no regard for his welfare.

"One failure to another contributed to the loss of Lee’s life, through their careless and selfish actions.”

She added: “Lee was a fantastic brother, he was a wonderful son to my mother and father.”

Mr Hall had been living with his parents, Stephan and Linda Semeniuk, at their home in Queen Street, Radcliffe, since May 2017 after being released from prison under licence, and the coroner heard that he had had committed a number of offences, such as shoplifting, to feed his drug habit.

For some time after leaving prison he was free of drugs and was complying with the conditions of his licence, but some time before leaving the family home on July 21 his parents found out that he had begun using again, leading to an argument where Mr Semeniuk told his son he could stay in the house if he was “clean”.

Senior Coroner Joanne Kearsley criticised police and health services over a number of issues during the last week of Mr Hall’s life.

This included a “miscommunication” which meant he was not referred to mental health services after he was taken to hospital on July 25 for threatening to jump off a multi-storey car park.

This was followed by a mistake by police who classed him as a medium-risk missing person rather than high-risk, which could have meant fewer officers were involved in the search for Mr Hall.

Mrs Kearsley recorded a verdict of suicide.

Simon Featherstone, director of nursing and chief officer at North Manchester Care Organisation, which runs North Manchester Hospital, said new measures had been introduced to ensure a case like Mr Hall's would not happen again.