Chapel Street, Thirsk


Guide price

  • Bedrooms: 2
Located in the heart of this North Yorkshire town is the opportunity to purchase this stylish two Bedroom apartment designed for the over 55's and also boasts on-site care. The home comprises large reception hall, living room, fitted kitchen, two bedrooms, large contemporary wet room and also ample storage. Clients in a position to proceed should contact the office to arrange a viewing. Please be advised that the price illustrated is for shared ownership.

The market town of Thirsk

Thirsk is ideally placed for those who enjoy country pursuits and together with a popular racecourse, excellent golfing facilities and myriad opportunities for individual and team sports, it offers a charming environment in which to live. It is situated in the heart of 'Herriot Country', between the Yorkshire Dales and the North Yorkshire Moors National Parks.

The thriving market town of Thirsk is conveniently located for easy access by road to:

The Spa town of Harrogate (22 miles)

Historic York (21 Miles)

Leeds ( 30 Miles) and

Teesside (23 Miles)

Thirsk has the following excellent rail connections:

TransPennine Express to York, Leeds and Manchester

and the Grand Central Train line giving direct access to

London Kings Cross in under 2 hours.

The excellent road and rail connections, together with Durham and Tees Valley Airport (25 miles) and Leeds/Bradford Airport (35 miles), make Thirsk an ideal location for those wishing to enjoy the country life but retain superb access to the remainder of the UK and

indeed internationally.

Main Reception

On entering Meadowfields, through double glass security doors, the large hallway leads past the excellent on-site facilities and also an intergenerational library open to the general local community. There are also staff close to hand should they be required. The onsite facilities include Bistro, communal lounge, hair salon, laundrette, general function room, mobility buggy store and also a guest suite.

37 Meadowfields

Through your own front door, your apartment offers a very large and welcoming reception hall which leads to the living room, kitchen, bedrooms, wet room and also a large storage cupboard.

The living room has a large window allowing ample natural light into the room, television point and also a telephone point. In addition, there is also ample space for a dining table and chairs. The kitchen, being open plan, is fitted with a modern range of fitted base and wall units with eye level cooker, electric hob with canopy extractor hood and a stainless steel sink with mixer tap.

The master bedroom is of a very good size and has a window and also a door to the main wet room. The second bedroom. a single room also has a window which overlooks the gardens. The large wet room has a shower, w.c. sink and also shelved storage.

The communal garden is beautifully designed and landscaped for the sole use of the residents.

Leasehold Information

We have been informed the property is leasehold with a 125-year lease from 1st January 2015.

Ground rent is £150 per annum and the annual service charge which includes full maintenance of the property and gardens is £3,920 approx. per annum.

Shared ownership is where you buy the lease for a property at a percentage of the full market value. The percentage you buy may vary from property to property. The successful purchaser is acquiring 75% whilst Housing 21 retain the remaining 25%. Please note, we have been informed that there is no additional rent to be paid to Housing 21


We endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, however, they do not constitute or form part of an offer or any contract and none is to be relied upon as statements of representation or fact. Any services, systems and appliances listed in this specification have not been tested by us and no guarantee as to their operating ability or efficiency is given. All measurements have been taken as a guide to prospective buyers only, and are not precise. Please be advised that some of the particulars may be awaiting vendor approval. If you require clarification or further information on any points, please contact us, especially if you are travelling some distance to view. Fixtures and fittings other than those mentioned are to be agreed with the seller.The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in this Site and marketing material ( trade marks, service marks, trading names, text, graphics, code, files and links) belong to Luke Miller & Associates. All rights are reserved.

Marketed by Arrange viewing 01845 868077

Luke Miller & Associates

4 Finkle Street, Thirsk, North Yorkshire

See all properties from this agent

Send me homes like this by email