2:24pm Wednesday 9th January 2013
© Press Association 2014
Detectives investigating the Jimmy Savile sex abuse scandal will publish a joint report this week, Scotland Yard has said, as it emerged prosecutors had received a file on a man in his 60s.
Operation Yewtree officers handed a full file of evidence to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) last month on a man from London arrested on December 10 on suspicion of sexual offences.
And the CPS confirmed it is now giving investigative advice on a total of four men arrested, including a man in his 60s from Surrey, a man in his 80s from Berkshire, a man in his 70s from London, and most recently a man in his 60s from Warwickshire.
A joint report from the Metropolitan Police Service and the NSPCC into allegations made against Savile will be released on Friday.
The Metropolitan Police force is leading the national investigation into claims made against the disgraced TV presenter and figures in the entertainment industry.
Operation Yewtree detectives are looking at three strands within their inquiry: claims against Savile, those against Savile and others, and those against others.
Officers have questioned figures from the entertainment industry including ex-pop star Gary Glitter, comedian Freddie Starr and PR guru Max Clifford. DJ Dave Lee Travis was bailed again earlier this week, while comedian Jim Davidson was questioned earlier this month over allegations dating back 25 years.
Last month, police said a total of 31 allegations of rape had been made against former Top Of The Pops presenter Savile.
Some 589 people have come forward with information relating to the scandal, with a total of 450 complaints against the BBC presenter and DJ, mainly alleging sexual abuse.
Detectives have recorded 199 crimes in 17 force areas in which Savile is a suspect.
© Copyright 2001-2014 Newsquest Media Group