Paul Wheelock column: Harmless Blackburn Rovers kit launch video has made an impact

Alan 'Birdy' Birkbeck models the new kit

Alan 'Birdy' Birkbeck models the new kit

First published in Sport This Is Lancashire: Photograph of the Author by , Blackburn Rovers reporter

WITH the Rovers squad away at a training camp in Portugal there was potential for this being a quiet news week at Ewood.

But the way the club went about launching its new kit emphatically ensured that has not been the case.

Leon Best may have been left at home and Alex Marrow may have become the latest player to have his contract ripped up.

But there is no question that the hot topic this week has been THAT video starring Rovers super-fan Alan ‘Birdy’ Birkbeck.

To say it has split opinion among the Rovers fan base would be as big an understatement as saying Rudy Gestede is not bad in the air.

But as cringeworthy as it is – and that was surely the club’s intention – I see the video as being a bit of harmless fun that should not be taken seriously.

That said it would be wrong to say the fans who do not agree with that perspective – and there are plenty – need a sense of humour bypass.

See it from their point of view.

Having lived and squirmed through that infamous chicken advert and the Shebby Singh era, the last thing they wanted was to give the wider footballing world the chance to poke fun at the club again.

And sure enough national news agencies and supporters of rival clubs have been quick to have a dig.

But you know what? Stuff them.

They were never going to get what is essentially an in-joke.

And whatever your feelings over the video it is unquestionable it has had more impact, certainly in the social media age, in promoting a Rovers shirt than ever before.

The fact that it had surpassed 190,000 views by the time the club pulled it off YouTube at 6pm on Tuesday was evidence of that.

Not bad for 24 hours’ work and compare that to other kits launched this week, by the likes of Burnley and Wigan.

They came and went almost unnoticed when surely the aim of promoting a new shirt is to attract as much publicity as possible?

Time will tell, of course, whether it translates into extra shirt sales.

But no-one will care one jot if Gary Bowyer’s side replicate Kenny Dalglish’s team of 1992 – the last time, bar a one-off game in 2000, that the club’s home strip featured a pale blue half – and end the season as promotion winners to the top flight.

And to paraphrase Birdy’s kiss-off line from THAT video, you know that is what we all want.

Comments (60)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:50pm Thu 17 Jul 14

J.C - Rishton says...

Everything in life is about Persception, but this video is not about what us Rovers fans think of it - it is how it is percieved by the REST of the footballing world.

Unfortunately it is another huge own goal because they see this video and think - its a terrible, a joke, ameteur production then they think this video is just as cringeworthy as the chicken one so then they think Venkys = joke (still) AND (more importantly), BRFC = joke club still (under Venkys).

Its not a sucess just because its had loads of hits, its a hugh failure because (to most football people) it has just re-inforced the image that Venkys are clueless clown owners, and obviously that is not the image that they or anyone else connected to BRFC wants to project.
Everything in life is about Persception, but this video is not about what us Rovers fans think of it - it is how it is percieved by the REST of the footballing world. Unfortunately it is another huge own goal because they see this video and think - its a terrible, a joke, ameteur production then they think this video is just as cringeworthy as the chicken one so then they think Venkys = joke (still) AND (more importantly), BRFC = joke club still (under Venkys). Its not a sucess just because its had loads of hits, its a hugh failure because (to most football people) it has just re-inforced the image that Venkys are clueless clown owners, and obviously that is not the image that they or anyone else connected to BRFC wants to project. J.C - Rishton
  • Score: -28

12:50pm Thu 17 Jul 14

olister2k says...

agree 100%
agree 100% olister2k
  • Score: -5

12:55pm Thu 17 Jul 14

olister2k says...

meant 100% agree with the columnist - who gives a flying cr@p what other people think - nobody elses cares about BRFC other than BRFC supporters - grow a pair, stand up for you club and be proud. RTID
meant 100% agree with the columnist - who gives a flying cr@p what other people think - nobody elses cares about BRFC other than BRFC supporters - grow a pair, stand up for you club and be proud. RTID olister2k
  • Score: 52

1:02pm Thu 17 Jul 14

campbell69s says...

If only the shirt didn't look as bad as it does...
If only the shirt didn't look as bad as it does... campbell69s
  • Score: -3

1:09pm Thu 17 Jul 14

BlueSkies says...

campbell69s wrote:
If only the shirt didn't look as bad as it does...
Actually looks good, got 3 for grand kids this morning, youngest modelling it for LT tomorrow's edition.
[quote][p][bold]campbell69s[/bold] wrote: If only the shirt didn't look as bad as it does...[/p][/quote]Actually looks good, got 3 for grand kids this morning, youngest modelling it for LT tomorrow's edition. BlueSkies
  • Score: 12

1:32pm Thu 17 Jul 14

mstanden says...

you can still see the video at Mirror Sport.

http://www.mirror.co
.uk/sport/football/n
ews/worst-kit-launch
-ever-blackburn-3861
631#.U8akPPzPDOY.twi
tter
you can still see the video at Mirror Sport. http://www.mirror.co .uk/sport/football/n ews/worst-kit-launch -ever-blackburn-3861 631#.U8akPPzPDOY.twi tter mstanden
  • Score: 2

1:50pm Thu 17 Jul 14

MikeBFC says...

Anyone trying to paint this in a positive light is off their tree...
Anyone trying to paint this in a positive light is off their tree... MikeBFC
  • Score: -16

2:08pm Thu 17 Jul 14

dangerous dave says...

J.C - Rishton wrote:
Everything in life is about Persception, but this video is not about what us Rovers fans think of it - it is how it is percieved by the REST of the footballing world.

Unfortunately it is another huge own goal because they see this video and think - its a terrible, a joke, ameteur production then they think this video is just as cringeworthy as the chicken one so then they think Venkys = joke (still) AND (more importantly), BRFC = joke club still (under Venkys).

Its not a sucess just because its had loads of hits, its a hugh failure because (to most football people) it has just re-inforced the image that Venkys are clueless clown owners, and obviously that is not the image that they or anyone else connected to BRFC wants to project.
Excellent post and as for wheelock his posts are as crap as the kit and its him as well as the venkys that need to understand that this sort of pr just makes the regime at ewood look idiots once more - laughing stocks!!
Out with the cowboys and indians
[quote][p][bold]J.C - Rishton[/bold] wrote: Everything in life is about Persception, but this video is not about what us Rovers fans think of it - it is how it is percieved by the REST of the footballing world. Unfortunately it is another huge own goal because they see this video and think - its a terrible, a joke, ameteur production then they think this video is just as cringeworthy as the chicken one so then they think Venkys = joke (still) AND (more importantly), BRFC = joke club still (under Venkys). Its not a sucess just because its had loads of hits, its a hugh failure because (to most football people) it has just re-inforced the image that Venkys are clueless clown owners, and obviously that is not the image that they or anyone else connected to BRFC wants to project.[/p][/quote]Excellent post and as for wheelock his posts are as crap as the kit and its him as well as the venkys that need to understand that this sort of pr just makes the regime at ewood look idiots once more - laughing stocks!! Out with the cowboys and indians dangerous dave
  • Score: -24

2:16pm Thu 17 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

A shambles of a video.

What an embarrassment.
A shambles of a video. What an embarrassment. Super CIaret
  • Score: -12

2:53pm Thu 17 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

Venky's chicken advert... the new shirt.... what's next?

The farce continues.
Venky's chicken advert... the new shirt.... what's next? The farce continues. Super CIaret
  • Score: -10

3:01pm Thu 17 Jul 14

Bazzer says...

dangerous dave wrote:
J.C - Rishton wrote: Everything in life is about Persception, but this video is not about what us Rovers fans think of it - it is how it is percieved by the REST of the footballing world. Unfortunately it is another huge own goal because they see this video and think - its a terrible, a joke, ameteur production then they think this video is just as cringeworthy as the chicken one so then they think Venkys = joke (still) AND (more importantly), BRFC = joke club still (under Venkys). Its not a sucess just because its had loads of hits, its a hugh failure because (to most football people) it has just re-inforced the image that Venkys are clueless clown owners, and obviously that is not the image that they or anyone else connected to BRFC wants to project.
Excellent post and as for wheelock his posts are as crap as the kit and its him as well as the venkys that need to understand that this sort of pr just makes the regime at ewood look idiots once more - laughing stocks!! Out with the cowboys and indians
So does Birdy represent Rovers supporters, or would you both rather have Brad Pitt modelling the shirts? As far away from corporate nonsense is brilliant as far as I am concerned. The team trotting out to "Hells Bells" as per St. Pauli is what I would love to see. Up Rovers!
[quote][p][bold]dangerous dave[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]J.C - Rishton[/bold] wrote: Everything in life is about Persception, but this video is not about what us Rovers fans think of it - it is how it is percieved by the REST of the footballing world. Unfortunately it is another huge own goal because they see this video and think - its a terrible, a joke, ameteur production then they think this video is just as cringeworthy as the chicken one so then they think Venkys = joke (still) AND (more importantly), BRFC = joke club still (under Venkys). Its not a sucess just because its had loads of hits, its a hugh failure because (to most football people) it has just re-inforced the image that Venkys are clueless clown owners, and obviously that is not the image that they or anyone else connected to BRFC wants to project.[/p][/quote]Excellent post and as for wheelock his posts are as crap as the kit and its him as well as the venkys that need to understand that this sort of pr just makes the regime at ewood look idiots once more - laughing stocks!! Out with the cowboys and indians[/p][/quote]So does Birdy represent Rovers supporters, or would you both rather have Brad Pitt modelling the shirts? As far away from corporate nonsense is brilliant as far as I am concerned. The team trotting out to "Hells Bells" as per St. Pauli is what I would love to see. Up Rovers! Bazzer
  • Score: 23

3:20pm Thu 17 Jul 14

AnotherPounding4BurnIey says...

If anyone is saying they are not embarrassed by this unprofessional video, which even the dingles wouldn't stoop to, then they are lying or they are that lump-headed that everything blue and white is great.
It's not, it's b0ll0cks.

Roll on Cardiff when our three pronged one man strikeforce can show how shiite we are both on and off the pitch.
If anyone is saying they are not embarrassed by this unprofessional video, which even the dingles wouldn't stoop to, then they are lying or they are that lump-headed that everything blue and white is great. It's not, it's b0ll0cks. Roll on Cardiff when our three pronged one man strikeforce can show how shiite we are both on and off the pitch. AnotherPounding4BurnIey
  • Score: -14

3:21pm Thu 17 Jul 14

AnotherPounding4BurnIey says...

I forgot to mention..
NEIGH!!
I forgot to mention.. NEIGH!! AnotherPounding4BurnIey
  • Score: -15

3:48pm Thu 17 Jul 14

RoversNorthEast says...

The Shirt is the worst shirt I have ever seen,and the stupid foo king Zebra looks rediculous.

utter cheap and tiny business who is sponsoring us,cant even attract a half decent sponsor,non league clubs have better sponsors than these clowns.

probably signed up after one pi*sed up night with one of the rao's at at local balti house.

get out of blackburn now you clowns
The Shirt is the worst shirt I have ever seen,and the stupid foo king Zebra looks rediculous. utter cheap and tiny business who is sponsoring us,cant even attract a half decent sponsor,non league clubs have better sponsors than these clowns. probably signed up after one pi*sed up night with one of the rao's at at local balti house. get out of blackburn now you clowns RoversNorthEast
  • Score: -9

3:49pm Thu 17 Jul 14

philmoulden says...

dangerous dave wrote:
J.C - Rishton wrote:
Everything in life is about Persception, but this video is not about what us Rovers fans think of it - it is how it is percieved by the REST of the footballing world.

Unfortunately it is another huge own goal because they see this video and think - its a terrible, a joke, ameteur production then they think this video is just as cringeworthy as the chicken one so then they think Venkys = joke (still) AND (more importantly), BRFC = joke club still (under Venkys).

Its not a sucess just because its had loads of hits, its a hugh failure because (to most football people) it has just re-inforced the image that Venkys are clueless clown owners, and obviously that is not the image that they or anyone else connected to BRFC wants to project.
Excellent post and as for wheelock his posts are as crap as the kit and its him as well as the venkys that need to understand that this sort of pr just makes the regime at ewood look idiots once more - laughing stocks!!
Out with the cowboys and indians
Rollocks to all other footy fans , this vid to me was a reyt gud do , only for Rovers fans , bit o fun , as a snotty nose kid in 72 on the Blackburn end this guy was know THEN as a top fan of Rovers , GOOD ON YA BIRDY
[quote][p][bold]dangerous dave[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]J.C - Rishton[/bold] wrote: Everything in life is about Persception, but this video is not about what us Rovers fans think of it - it is how it is percieved by the REST of the footballing world. Unfortunately it is another huge own goal because they see this video and think - its a terrible, a joke, ameteur production then they think this video is just as cringeworthy as the chicken one so then they think Venkys = joke (still) AND (more importantly), BRFC = joke club still (under Venkys). Its not a sucess just because its had loads of hits, its a hugh failure because (to most football people) it has just re-inforced the image that Venkys are clueless clown owners, and obviously that is not the image that they or anyone else connected to BRFC wants to project.[/p][/quote]Excellent post and as for wheelock his posts are as crap as the kit and its him as well as the venkys that need to understand that this sort of pr just makes the regime at ewood look idiots once more - laughing stocks!! Out with the cowboys and indians[/p][/quote]Rollocks to all other footy fans , this vid to me was a reyt gud do , only for Rovers fans , bit o fun , as a snotty nose kid in 72 on the Blackburn end this guy was know THEN as a top fan of Rovers , GOOD ON YA BIRDY philmoulden
  • Score: 21

4:13pm Thu 17 Jul 14

Rovers 1495 says...

Super CIaret wrote:
A shambles of a video.

What an embarrassment.
Could you post us a link to yours ? I bet that's a cracker
[quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: A shambles of a video. What an embarrassment.[/p][/quote]Could you post us a link to yours ? I bet that's a cracker Rovers 1495
  • Score: 9

4:34pm Thu 17 Jul 14

owd nick says...

J.C - Rishton wrote:
Everything in life is about Persception, but this video is not about what us Rovers fans think of it - it is how it is percieved by the REST of the footballing world.

Unfortunately it is another huge own goal because they see this video and think - its a terrible, a joke, ameteur production then they think this video is just as cringeworthy as the chicken one so then they think Venkys = joke (still) AND (more importantly), BRFC = joke club still (under Venkys).

Its not a sucess just because its had loads of hits, its a hugh failure because (to most football people) it has just re-inforced the image that Venkys are clueless clown owners, and obviously that is not the image that they or anyone else connected to BRFC wants to project.
JC, I actually agree with most of what you say, the chicken advert was toe cripplingly awful, I haven't touched a KFC since.

But regarding perception do you really care what other fans think of our club? I don't give a flying feck to be honest, and I doubt any of them give the same about Rovers.

It's a bit of fun and extremely effective in getting the shirt noticed, I don't know what annual sales of Rovers shirts are but I bet that it creates a much needed increase, and if only 10% of the you-tube hits buy one that's money in the bank.

I was thinking about getting a new shirt, now I am definitely getting one.

It's as though some fans still need to have something about Rovers to hate.

Kean, Shebby, the chicken video are as dead as the proverbial parrot, gone, deceased, fallen off the perch, so now it's the shirt and a harmless self deprecating video to promote it.

Instead of nit picking, whinging and whining all the time shouldn't we all get behind the club?

Things are changing for the better at Ewood, we might not like or trust our owners but the set up both on and off the pitch is much improved.
[quote][p][bold]J.C - Rishton[/bold] wrote: Everything in life is about Persception, but this video is not about what us Rovers fans think of it - it is how it is percieved by the REST of the footballing world. Unfortunately it is another huge own goal because they see this video and think - its a terrible, a joke, ameteur production then they think this video is just as cringeworthy as the chicken one so then they think Venkys = joke (still) AND (more importantly), BRFC = joke club still (under Venkys). Its not a sucess just because its had loads of hits, its a hugh failure because (to most football people) it has just re-inforced the image that Venkys are clueless clown owners, and obviously that is not the image that they or anyone else connected to BRFC wants to project.[/p][/quote]JC, I actually agree with most of what you say, the chicken advert was toe cripplingly awful, I haven't touched a KFC since. But regarding perception do you really care what other fans think of our club? I don't give a flying feck to be honest, and I doubt any of them give the same about Rovers. It's a bit of fun and extremely effective in getting the shirt noticed, I don't know what annual sales of Rovers shirts are but I bet that it creates a much needed increase, and if only 10% of the you-tube hits buy one that's money in the bank. I was thinking about getting a new shirt, now I am definitely getting one. It's as though some fans still need to have something about Rovers to hate. Kean, Shebby, the chicken video are as dead as the proverbial parrot, gone, deceased, fallen off the perch, so now it's the shirt and a harmless self deprecating video to promote it. Instead of nit picking, whinging and whining all the time shouldn't we all get behind the club? Things are changing for the better at Ewood, we might not like or trust our owners but the set up both on and off the pitch is much improved. owd nick
  • Score: 19

4:41pm Thu 17 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

Defecating on the memory of Jack Walker. Shame on you Blackburn Rovers.
Defecating on the memory of Jack Walker. Shame on you Blackburn Rovers. Super CIaret
  • Score: -16

5:09pm Thu 17 Jul 14

Adski1981 says...

Oh dear oh dear, some rovers fans on here just love to slate the club as much as the trolling Burnley idiots... DD don't think I've ever read a positive comment from you, which begs the question why bother, I can imagine that everything for you is epically dark, sh!t I’ve got to breath I hate breathing ;)

Those calling the sponsor tin pot, tell you what why don't you go and get a better sponsor... I would imagine the shirt area for sponsoring is put to tender and the people in the BRFC Marketing and Business departments do their checks, and work the best possible deal in the time frames available, let’s all say well done we have a sponsor before the season has started going off last year I see this as progress, so what if it’s not what is perceived to be a top global brand, what is true none of us have that information, in regards to the shirt I like it and am sure many other rovers fans do to....

I'm with Wayne and thought the vid was a dash of comedy, those saying we are a laughing stock, what do you do when an actual person pokes fun at you in a normal life situation???? I’m surprised the LT isn’t full of stories of chaos and carnage for the most ridiculous things, Man gets road rage because the lights turned red…As my ma says... Man Up!!!! There are things that I have had issues with at the club and commented accordingly but the constant repetition… sure some of you are cultivating an aneurysm , but as with everything there is good and bad and a load of stuff in-between... we have moved on a million miles in the last 12, I for one remain optimistic, don’t get me wrong, there is still a long way to go and lot of hard work and support needed, but I can see it happening!!!
Oh dear oh dear, some rovers fans on here just love to slate the club as much as the trolling Burnley idiots... DD don't think I've ever read a positive comment from you, which begs the question why bother, I can imagine that everything for you is epically dark, sh!t I’ve got to breath I hate breathing ;) Those calling the sponsor tin pot, tell you what why don't you go and get a better sponsor... I would imagine the shirt area for sponsoring is put to tender and the people in the BRFC Marketing and Business departments do their checks, and work the best possible deal in the time frames available, let’s all say well done we have a sponsor before the season has started going off last year I see this as progress, so what if it’s not what is perceived to be a top global brand, what is true none of us have that information, in regards to the shirt I like it and am sure many other rovers fans do to.... I'm with Wayne and thought the vid was a dash of comedy, those saying we are a laughing stock, what do you do when an actual person pokes fun at you in a normal life situation???? I’m surprised the LT isn’t full of stories of chaos and carnage for the most ridiculous things, Man gets road rage because the lights turned red…As my ma says... Man Up!!!! There are things that I have had issues with at the club and commented accordingly but the constant repetition… sure some of you are cultivating an aneurysm , but as with everything there is good and bad and a load of stuff in-between... we have moved on a million miles in the last 12, I for one remain optimistic, don’t get me wrong, there is still a long way to go and lot of hard work and support needed, but I can see it happening!!! Adski1981
  • Score: 19

5:11pm Thu 17 Jul 14

Pembina says...

dangerous dave wrote:
J.C - Rishton wrote:
Everything in life is about Persception, but this video is not about what us Rovers fans think of it - it is how it is percieved by the REST of the footballing world.

Unfortunately it is another huge own goal because they see this video and think - its a terrible, a joke, ameteur production then they think this video is just as cringeworthy as the chicken one so then they think Venkys = joke (still) AND (more importantly), BRFC = joke club still (under Venkys).

Its not a sucess just because its had loads of hits, its a hugh failure because (to most football people) it has just re-inforced the image that Venkys are clueless clown owners, and obviously that is not the image that they or anyone else connected to BRFC wants to project.
Excellent post and as for wheelock his posts are as crap as the kit and its him as well as the venkys that need to understand that this sort of pr just makes the regime at ewood look idiots once more - laughing stocks!!
Out with the cowboys and indians
You talk utter Bull Dave
[quote][p][bold]dangerous dave[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]J.C - Rishton[/bold] wrote: Everything in life is about Persception, but this video is not about what us Rovers fans think of it - it is how it is percieved by the REST of the footballing world. Unfortunately it is another huge own goal because they see this video and think - its a terrible, a joke, ameteur production then they think this video is just as cringeworthy as the chicken one so then they think Venkys = joke (still) AND (more importantly), BRFC = joke club still (under Venkys). Its not a sucess just because its had loads of hits, its a hugh failure because (to most football people) it has just re-inforced the image that Venkys are clueless clown owners, and obviously that is not the image that they or anyone else connected to BRFC wants to project.[/p][/quote]Excellent post and as for wheelock his posts are as crap as the kit and its him as well as the venkys that need to understand that this sort of pr just makes the regime at ewood look idiots once more - laughing stocks!! Out with the cowboys and indians[/p][/quote]You talk utter Bull Dave Pembina
  • Score: 8

5:13pm Thu 17 Jul 14

Pembina says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
Iey
wrote:
I forgot to mention..
NEIGH!!
Are you Ill?
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn Iey[/bold] wrote: I forgot to mention.. NEIGH!![/p][/quote]Are you Ill? Pembina
  • Score: 8

5:25pm Thu 17 Jul 14

Harwoodstblue says...

Adski1981 wrote:
Oh dear oh dear, some rovers fans on here just love to slate the club as much as the trolling Burnley idiots... DD don't think I've ever read a positive comment from you, which begs the question why bother, I can imagine that everything for you is epically dark, sh!t I’ve got to breath I hate breathing ;)

Those calling the sponsor tin pot, tell you what why don't you go and get a better sponsor... I would imagine the shirt area for sponsoring is put to tender and the people in the BRFC Marketing and Business departments do their checks, and work the best possible deal in the time frames available, let’s all say well done we have a sponsor before the season has started going off last year I see this as progress, so what if it’s not what is perceived to be a top global brand, what is true none of us have that information, in regards to the shirt I like it and am sure many other rovers fans do to....

I'm with Wayne and thought the vid was a dash of comedy, those saying we are a laughing stock, what do you do when an actual person pokes fun at you in a normal life situation???? I’m surprised the LT isn’t full of stories of chaos and carnage for the most ridiculous things, Man gets road rage because the lights turned red…As my ma says... Man Up!!!! There are things that I have had issues with at the club and commented accordingly but the constant repetition… sure some of you are cultivating an aneurysm , but as with everything there is good and bad and a load of stuff in-between... we have moved on a million miles in the last 12, I for one remain optimistic, don’t get me wrong, there is still a long way to go and lot of hard work and support needed, but I can see it happening!!!
Well said, the football is more important than the shirt design. In past years I've bought the away shirt beause I liked it better than the home shirt. So what it happens at avery club. They can't please every body all the time. Lets think about the season ahead, how the squad are coming together and how GBs confidence will grow as he learns from last seasons mistakes. Lots to look forward to IMO.
[quote][p][bold]Adski1981[/bold] wrote: Oh dear oh dear, some rovers fans on here just love to slate the club as much as the trolling Burnley idiots... DD don't think I've ever read a positive comment from you, which begs the question why bother, I can imagine that everything for you is epically dark, sh!t I’ve got to breath I hate breathing ;) Those calling the sponsor tin pot, tell you what why don't you go and get a better sponsor... I would imagine the shirt area for sponsoring is put to tender and the people in the BRFC Marketing and Business departments do their checks, and work the best possible deal in the time frames available, let’s all say well done we have a sponsor before the season has started going off last year I see this as progress, so what if it’s not what is perceived to be a top global brand, what is true none of us have that information, in regards to the shirt I like it and am sure many other rovers fans do to.... I'm with Wayne and thought the vid was a dash of comedy, those saying we are a laughing stock, what do you do when an actual person pokes fun at you in a normal life situation???? I’m surprised the LT isn’t full of stories of chaos and carnage for the most ridiculous things, Man gets road rage because the lights turned red…As my ma says... Man Up!!!! There are things that I have had issues with at the club and commented accordingly but the constant repetition… sure some of you are cultivating an aneurysm , but as with everything there is good and bad and a load of stuff in-between... we have moved on a million miles in the last 12, I for one remain optimistic, don’t get me wrong, there is still a long way to go and lot of hard work and support needed, but I can see it happening!!![/p][/quote]Well said, the football is more important than the shirt design. In past years I've bought the away shirt beause I liked it better than the home shirt. So what it happens at avery club. They can't please every body all the time. Lets think about the season ahead, how the squad are coming together and how GBs confidence will grow as he learns from last seasons mistakes. Lots to look forward to IMO. Harwoodstblue
  • Score: 12

5:33pm Thu 17 Jul 14

realisticrover says...

Havent read any of the stuff above, sorry if this has been said, but
This whole thing is to remind the football world (incl Rovers fans) that we are indeed a humble Northern football club that puts its fans first and it all helps us to distance our great club from the murky years of Venkys to date.
If folk are laughing at us for being a basic straightforward football club with a sense of humour...I'd much rather take that than them remembering the confusion of the recent years!!
Havent read any of the stuff above, sorry if this has been said, but This whole thing is to remind the football world (incl Rovers fans) that we are indeed a humble Northern football club that puts its fans first and it all helps us to distance our great club from the murky years of Venkys to date. If folk are laughing at us for being a basic straightforward football club with a sense of humour...I'd much rather take that than them remembering the confusion of the recent years!! realisticrover
  • Score: 11

6:20pm Thu 17 Jul 14

Scamp Kingsley says...

Thanks for censoring my observations LT. I guess letting a journalist slag off another club and half your readers is seen as clever. My thoughts on the article could only be construed as controversal to the most sensitive of folk. Shame on you wheelock.
Thanks for censoring my observations LT. I guess letting a journalist slag off another club and half your readers is seen as clever. My thoughts on the article could only be construed as controversal to the most sensitive of folk. Shame on you wheelock. Scamp Kingsley
  • Score: -4

6:32pm Thu 17 Jul 14

MatthewCA says...

"you know that is what we all want " promote by a ROVER,

FFP rules apply every where, We agree with the media effort too.

Birdy did a good work, by the by who is the Chic in photo.....?
"you know that is what we all want " promote by a ROVER, FFP rules apply every where, We agree with the media effort too. Birdy did a good work, by the by who is the Chic in photo.....? MatthewCA
  • Score: 2

6:41pm Thu 17 Jul 14

gaylegarnerkennedy says...

Brilliant video, excellent new kit, good squad cleansing, bring on the new season, 20-1 get on it now, plus watching the deluded dingles getting smashed every week...will be a season to remember.
Brilliant video, excellent new kit, good squad cleansing, bring on the new season, 20-1 get on it now, plus watching the deluded dingles getting smashed every week...will be a season to remember. gaylegarnerkennedy
  • Score: 8

6:44pm Thu 17 Jul 14

crankitup says...

what a load of rubbish Kev.....they thought they could knock out some cheap ad using one of our own hoping that it would inspire us t buy a shirt.....if it was meant as a bit of fun they would have got some old guy with a fat cap and a whippet to say the same thing...the whole thing stinks of back peddling......and you should know better Kev....

anyway enough about the cr*p ad we've got our season tickets and looking forward to the first kick off with some optimism.....C'mon Rovers
what a load of rubbish Kev.....they thought they could knock out some cheap ad using one of our own hoping that it would inspire us t buy a shirt.....if it was meant as a bit of fun they would have got some old guy with a fat cap and a whippet to say the same thing...the whole thing stinks of back peddling......and you should know better Kev.... anyway enough about the cr*p ad we've got our season tickets and looking forward to the first kick off with some optimism.....C'mon Rovers crankitup
  • Score: 0

9:05pm Thu 17 Jul 14

Reg Rover says...

MARKETING GENIUS OR THE WORST PROMOTION VIDEO EVER?

Blackburn Rovers received National Radio coverage on TALKSPORT on Tuesday 15th July.
Unfortunately it was not for the best of reasons. Rovers were held to ridicule for their new promotion video (pic above) featuring the newly launched 2014 – 2015 shirt.
Listeners to TALKSPORT were urged to log onto the TALKSPORT website and view the video.
Having done so I can’t decide whether it is the worst promotion video I have ever seen or a stroke of marketing genius !
To have the video discussed on National Radio, in the National Press and shown on YouTube is pure genius in my view.
What do you think ?
Reg.

Footnote:
The distinctive tones of Barry White have been removed and replaced with an alternative sound track on YouTube.
Does not have the same effect.

Further footnote:
Since this article was posted Venky's have pulled the video from all websites including YouTube who had 200,000 hits. I find their decision a pity. However Mirror Sport are still running the video.

www.regoftherovers.c
o.uk
MARKETING GENIUS OR THE WORST PROMOTION VIDEO EVER? Blackburn Rovers received National Radio coverage on TALKSPORT on Tuesday 15th July. Unfortunately it was not for the best of reasons. Rovers were held to ridicule for their new promotion video (pic above) featuring the newly launched 2014 – 2015 shirt. Listeners to TALKSPORT were urged to log onto the TALKSPORT website and view the video. Having done so I can’t decide whether it is the worst promotion video I have ever seen or a stroke of marketing genius ! To have the video discussed on National Radio, in the National Press and shown on YouTube is pure genius in my view. What do you think ? Reg. Footnote: The distinctive tones of Barry White have been removed and replaced with an alternative sound track on YouTube. Does not have the same effect. Further footnote: Since this article was posted Venky's have pulled the video from all websites including YouTube who had 200,000 hits. I find their decision a pity. However Mirror Sport are still running the video. www.regoftherovers.c o.uk Reg Rover
  • Score: 1

9:33pm Thu 17 Jul 14

peanut2010 says...

gaylegarnerkennedy wrote:
Brilliant video, excellent new kit, good squad cleansing, bring on the new season, 20-1 get on it now, plus watching the deluded dingles getting smashed every week...will be a season to remember.
Deluded fool. Burnley may well struggle, they may well be relegated, but I'm afraid you haven't a snowballs chance of going up. Not in a million years.
[quote][p][bold]gaylegarnerkennedy[/bold] wrote: Brilliant video, excellent new kit, good squad cleansing, bring on the new season, 20-1 get on it now, plus watching the deluded dingles getting smashed every week...will be a season to remember.[/p][/quote]Deluded fool. Burnley may well struggle, they may well be relegated, but I'm afraid you haven't a snowballs chance of going up. Not in a million years. peanut2010
  • Score: -2

9:33pm Thu 17 Jul 14

roverstid says...

Reg Rover wrote:
MARKETING GENIUS OR THE WORST PROMOTION VIDEO EVER?

Blackburn Rovers received National Radio coverage on TALKSPORT on Tuesday 15th July.
Unfortunately it was not for the best of reasons. Rovers were held to ridicule for their new promotion video (pic above) featuring the newly launched 2014 – 2015 shirt.
Listeners to TALKSPORT were urged to log onto the TALKSPORT website and view the video.
Having done so I can’t decide whether it is the worst promotion video I have ever seen or a stroke of marketing genius !
To have the video discussed on National Radio, in the National Press and shown on YouTube is pure genius in my view.
What do you think ?
Reg.

Footnote:
The distinctive tones of Barry White have been removed and replaced with an alternative sound track on YouTube.
Does not have the same effect.

Further footnote:
Since this article was posted Venky's have pulled the video from all websites including YouTube who had 200,000 hits. I find their decision a pity. However Mirror Sport are still running the video.

www.regoftherovers.c

o.uk
probably pulled this because the negative comments.

i thought it was great and Birdy is a fan legend.
[quote][p][bold]Reg Rover[/bold] wrote: MARKETING GENIUS OR THE WORST PROMOTION VIDEO EVER? Blackburn Rovers received National Radio coverage on TALKSPORT on Tuesday 15th July. Unfortunately it was not for the best of reasons. Rovers were held to ridicule for their new promotion video (pic above) featuring the newly launched 2014 – 2015 shirt. Listeners to TALKSPORT were urged to log onto the TALKSPORT website and view the video. Having done so I can’t decide whether it is the worst promotion video I have ever seen or a stroke of marketing genius ! To have the video discussed on National Radio, in the National Press and shown on YouTube is pure genius in my view. What do you think ? Reg. Footnote: The distinctive tones of Barry White have been removed and replaced with an alternative sound track on YouTube. Does not have the same effect. Further footnote: Since this article was posted Venky's have pulled the video from all websites including YouTube who had 200,000 hits. I find their decision a pity. However Mirror Sport are still running the video. www.regoftherovers.c o.uk[/p][/quote]probably pulled this because the negative comments. i thought it was great and Birdy is a fan legend. roverstid
  • Score: 0

10:29pm Thu 17 Jul 14

RoversSwiss says...

After all the comments, I had to see the video on You Tube. Shirt design is crap, Sponsor not exactly inspiring for a football club, video was very funny. Took some nerve that Birdy.

Pity that so many people are completely devoid of any humour, about time Rovers returned to being fun instead of all the misery suffered over the last few years from Venkys, Anderson, Kean, Appelton and the idiots from Brag.
After all the comments, I had to see the video on You Tube. Shirt design is crap, Sponsor not exactly inspiring for a football club, video was very funny. Took some nerve that Birdy. Pity that so many people are completely devoid of any humour, about time Rovers returned to being fun instead of all the misery suffered over the last few years from Venkys, Anderson, Kean, Appelton and the idiots from Brag. RoversSwiss
  • Score: 0

10:29pm Thu 17 Jul 14

BlueSkies says...

peanut2010 wrote:
gaylegarnerkennedy wrote:
Brilliant video, excellent new kit, good squad cleansing, bring on the new season, 20-1 get on it now, plus watching the deluded dingles getting smashed every week...will be a season to remember.
Deluded fool. Burnley may well struggle, they may well be relegated, but I'm afraid you haven't a snowballs chance of going up. Not in a million years.
What does your new kit look like?
Who knows?
Who cares?

200,000 hits!
Brilliant marketing, pea brain!
[quote][p][bold]peanut2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]gaylegarnerkennedy[/bold] wrote: Brilliant video, excellent new kit, good squad cleansing, bring on the new season, 20-1 get on it now, plus watching the deluded dingles getting smashed every week...will be a season to remember.[/p][/quote]Deluded fool. Burnley may well struggle, they may well be relegated, but I'm afraid you haven't a snowballs chance of going up. Not in a million years.[/p][/quote]What does your new kit look like? Who knows? Who cares? 200,000 hits! Brilliant marketing, pea brain! BlueSkies
  • Score: 2

10:31pm Thu 17 Jul 14

BlueSkies says...

RoversSwiss wrote:
After all the comments, I had to see the video on You Tube. Shirt design is crap, Sponsor not exactly inspiring for a football club, video was very funny. Took some nerve that Birdy.

Pity that so many people are completely devoid of any humour, about time Rovers returned to being fun instead of all the misery suffered over the last few years from Venkys, Anderson, Kean, Appelton and the idiots from Brag.
Shirt is good actually, Swiss. Liking it.
[quote][p][bold]RoversSwiss[/bold] wrote: After all the comments, I had to see the video on You Tube. Shirt design is crap, Sponsor not exactly inspiring for a football club, video was very funny. Took some nerve that Birdy. Pity that so many people are completely devoid of any humour, about time Rovers returned to being fun instead of all the misery suffered over the last few years from Venkys, Anderson, Kean, Appelton and the idiots from Brag.[/p][/quote]Shirt is good actually, Swiss. Liking it. BlueSkies
  • Score: 1

10:37pm Thu 17 Jul 14

BlueSkies says...

Reg Rover wrote:
MARKETING GENIUS OR THE WORST PROMOTION VIDEO EVER?

Blackburn Rovers received National Radio coverage on TALKSPORT on Tuesday 15th July.
Unfortunately it was not for the best of reasons. Rovers were held to ridicule for their new promotion video (pic above) featuring the newly launched 2014 – 2015 shirt.
Listeners to TALKSPORT were urged to log onto the TALKSPORT website and view the video.
Having done so I can’t decide whether it is the worst promotion video I have ever seen or a stroke of marketing genius !
To have the video discussed on National Radio, in the National Press and shown on YouTube is pure genius in my view.
What do you think ?
Reg.

Footnote:
The distinctive tones of Barry White have been removed and replaced with an alternative sound track on YouTube.
Does not have the same effect.

Further footnote:
Since this article was posted Venky's have pulled the video from all websites including YouTube who had 200,000 hits. I find their decision a pity. However Mirror Sport are still running the video.

www.regoftherovers.c

o.uk
"Further footnote", 200,000 hits?
A marketing masterpiece
Who had heard of Zebra wotsits?
And all in 24hours.

COYB
[quote][p][bold]Reg Rover[/bold] wrote: MARKETING GENIUS OR THE WORST PROMOTION VIDEO EVER? Blackburn Rovers received National Radio coverage on TALKSPORT on Tuesday 15th July. Unfortunately it was not for the best of reasons. Rovers were held to ridicule for their new promotion video (pic above) featuring the newly launched 2014 – 2015 shirt. Listeners to TALKSPORT were urged to log onto the TALKSPORT website and view the video. Having done so I can’t decide whether it is the worst promotion video I have ever seen or a stroke of marketing genius ! To have the video discussed on National Radio, in the National Press and shown on YouTube is pure genius in my view. What do you think ? Reg. Footnote: The distinctive tones of Barry White have been removed and replaced with an alternative sound track on YouTube. Does not have the same effect. Further footnote: Since this article was posted Venky's have pulled the video from all websites including YouTube who had 200,000 hits. I find their decision a pity. However Mirror Sport are still running the video. www.regoftherovers.c o.uk[/p][/quote]"Further footnote", 200,000 hits? A marketing masterpiece Who had heard of Zebra wotsits? And all in 24hours. COYB BlueSkies
  • Score: 1

10:40pm Thu 17 Jul 14

gaylegarnerkennedy says...

We're going up as Champions this year....what about you Super Dingles?? Up your sis maybe, at Best, speaking of which the Dingles are poised to sign Leon Best....you could not make it up
We're going up as Champions this year....what about you Super Dingles?? Up your sis maybe, at Best, speaking of which the Dingles are poised to sign Leon Best....you could not make it up gaylegarnerkennedy
  • Score: 0

10:45pm Thu 17 Jul 14

gaylegarnerkennedy says...

Burnley and Blackpool consider merger - even I couldn't make that up
Burnley and Blackpool consider merger - even I couldn't make that up gaylegarnerkennedy
  • Score: 0

10:49pm Thu 17 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley...

Burnley in the Premier League....

How does that sound?
Blackburn Rovers 1 - 2 Burnley... Burnley in the Premier League.... How does that sound? Super CIaret
  • Score: -1

10:53pm Thu 17 Jul 14

gaylegarnerkennedy says...

PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1994/5 - BLACKBURN ROVERS

premier league scratters 2014/5 - Dumpley
PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1994/5 - BLACKBURN ROVERS premier league scratters 2014/5 - Dumpley gaylegarnerkennedy
  • Score: -1

10:57pm Thu 17 Jul 14

gaylegarnerkennedy says...

Danny inbred Dingle lets his contract run down - YCNMIU
Danny inbred Dingle lets his contract run down - YCNMIU gaylegarnerkennedy
  • Score: 2

11:03pm Thu 17 Jul 14

gaylegarnerkennedy says...

Shaun Dyke - dyes his tash ginger apparently - you couldn't make it up
Shaun Dyke - dyes his tash ginger apparently - you couldn't make it up gaylegarnerkennedy
  • Score: 1

11:03pm Thu 17 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

...... 2014 Blackburn Rovers..... plaything of clueless Indian chicken farmers, over £60million in debt, losing £36.5million a season, having to pay players millions of pounds TO LEAVE, stumbling from one PR disaster to the next, beaten at home by Burnley FC on their way to a glorious promotion, having to start their THIRD season outside the top flight with a transfer embargo, while Burnley rub shoulders with the cream of world football.

You couldn't make it up!
...... 2014 Blackburn Rovers..... plaything of clueless Indian chicken farmers, over £60million in debt, losing £36.5million a season, having to pay players millions of pounds TO LEAVE, stumbling from one PR disaster to the next, beaten at home by Burnley FC on their way to a glorious promotion, having to start their THIRD season outside the top flight with a transfer embargo, while Burnley rub shoulders with the cream of world football. You couldn't make it up! Super CIaret
  • Score: 4

11:08pm Thu 17 Jul 14

gaylegarnerkennedy says...

super Sharron signs off - yeh ok, that Is made up

RTID - f8ck off burnleh
super Sharron signs off - yeh ok, that Is made up RTID - f8ck off burnleh gaylegarnerkennedy
  • Score: -1

11:10pm Thu 17 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

gaylegarnerkennedy wrote:
Shaun Dyke - dyes his tash ginger apparently - you couldn't make it up
GayLegwarmerKennedy,


In case you missed it, Sean Dyche has recently signed a new 3-year contract to manage Burnley FC....... IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE.

He has no need to dye his tash ginger because he's a natural ginger...

The standard of no-dad these days is appalling, what happened to the no-dads who could at least put up some form of argument? Have we seen them all off now? Oh well, cheerio.
[quote][p][bold]gaylegarnerkennedy[/bold] wrote: Shaun Dyke - dyes his tash ginger apparently - you couldn't make it up[/p][/quote]GayLegwarmerKennedy, In case you missed it, Sean Dyche has recently signed a new 3-year contract to manage Burnley FC....... IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE. He has no need to dye his tash ginger because he's a natural ginger... The standard of no-dad these days is appalling, what happened to the no-dads who could at least put up some form of argument? Have we seen them all off now? Oh well, cheerio. Super CIaret
  • Score: 2

11:12pm Thu 17 Jul 14

gaylegarnerkennedy says...

'Bumley consider relocation to Blackpool' - dear oh dear - you could not make it up
'Bumley consider relocation to Blackpool' - dear oh dear - you could not make it up gaylegarnerkennedy
  • Score: 0

11:16pm Thu 17 Jul 14

gaylegarnerkennedy says...

Who the fu8k is Sean Dyche???? I was on about Shaun Dyke you stupid fool
Who the fu8k is Sean Dyche???? I was on about Shaun Dyke you stupid fool gaylegarnerkennedy
  • Score: 2

11:19pm Thu 17 Jul 14

gaylegarnerkennedy says...

Are you actually inbred SC?
Are you actually inbred SC? gaylegarnerkennedy
  • Score: 0

11:33pm Thu 17 Jul 14

baldie says...

Far from being a PR disaster,the kit launch has been a massive success,as stated by Wheelok.
At least Birdy had a shave,unlike the hobo showing off Burnley's new shirt,whoever he is.
It's time for Rovers to box clever.190000 views without any advertising.
Just imagine should we possibly go up.
A Premier League kit launch would follow.Would Rovers stick or twist.
I would definitely put out the original for another 24 hours.Followed by Birdy-The Sequel.
190000 without any advertising eh?Get him on Talk Sport and Lancashire the day before and views would surely top a million.
They're not all daft as slaver.
Far from being a PR disaster,the kit launch has been a massive success,as stated by Wheelok. At least Birdy had a shave,unlike the hobo showing off Burnley's new shirt,whoever he is. It's time for Rovers to box clever.190000 views without any advertising. Just imagine should we possibly go up. A Premier League kit launch would follow.Would Rovers stick or twist. I would definitely put out the original for another 24 hours.Followed by Birdy-The Sequel. 190000 without any advertising eh?Get him on Talk Sport and Lancashire the day before and views would surely top a million. They're not all daft as slaver. baldie
  • Score: 4

11:36pm Thu 17 Jul 14

baldie says...

Super CIaret wrote:
gaylegarnerkennedy wrote:
Shaun Dyke - dyes his tash ginger apparently - you couldn't make it up
GayLegwarmerKennedy,



In case you missed it, Sean Dyche has recently signed a new 3-year contract to manage Burnley FC....... IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE.

He has no need to dye his tash ginger because he's a natural ginger...

The standard of no-dad these days is appalling, what happened to the no-dads who could at least put up some form of argument? Have we seen them all off now? Oh well, cheerio.
3 year contract to manage Burnley......IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE.
Hope he's got a get out clause.
[quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]gaylegarnerkennedy[/bold] wrote: Shaun Dyke - dyes his tash ginger apparently - you couldn't make it up[/p][/quote]GayLegwarmerKennedy, In case you missed it, Sean Dyche has recently signed a new 3-year contract to manage Burnley FC....... IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE. He has no need to dye his tash ginger because he's a natural ginger... The standard of no-dad these days is appalling, what happened to the no-dads who could at least put up some form of argument? Have we seen them all off now? Oh well, cheerio.[/p][/quote]3 year contract to manage Burnley......IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE. Hope he's got a get out clause. baldie
  • Score: 1

11:39pm Thu 17 Jul 14

gaylegarnerkennedy says...

Rovers are on the march. COYB

For future reference SC -I will refer to you as SDT
Rovers are on the march. COYB For future reference SC -I will refer to you as SDT gaylegarnerkennedy
  • Score: 0

11:46pm Thu 17 Jul 14

gaylegarnerkennedy says...

any from (sad, simple, soulless, six-fingered), (deluded, demented, disfigured), (tw8t, tos8ser, thick-inbred)
any from (sad, simple, soulless, six-fingered), (deluded, demented, disfigured), (tw8t, tos8ser, thick-inbred) gaylegarnerkennedy
  • Score: 1

11:50pm Thu 17 Jul 14

gaylegarnerkennedy says...

Rovers 4 inbred 0
Rovers 4 inbred 0 gaylegarnerkennedy
  • Score: 1

11:57pm Thu 17 Jul 14

gaylegarnerkennedy says...

Burnleh/kit launch - you couldn't make one up
Burnleh/kit launch - you couldn't make one up gaylegarnerkennedy
  • Score: 2

12:47am Fri 18 Jul 14

keanoutofrovers says...

Super CIaret wrote:
...... 2014 Blackburn Rovers..... plaything of clueless Indian chicken farmers, over £60million in debt, losing £36.5million a season, having to pay players millions of pounds TO LEAVE, stumbling from one PR disaster to the next, beaten at home by Burnley FC on their way to a glorious promotion, having to start their THIRD season outside the top flight with a transfer embargo, while Burnley rub shoulders with the cream of world football.

You couldn't make it up!
To be fair you have got everything wrong for the last two years so at least you have a few facts in this post. Unfortunately you got a bit carried away again we are not 60 million in debt and did not lose 36.5 (love the point 5 like you actually know) players were not paid MILLIONS to leave, but it is our third season outside the top flight and Burnley did win. So a suppose this is progress. D+


fantasist

someone who often has fantasies , or who confuses fantasy and what is real
[quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: ...... 2014 Blackburn Rovers..... plaything of clueless Indian chicken farmers, over £60million in debt, losing £36.5million a season, having to pay players millions of pounds TO LEAVE, stumbling from one PR disaster to the next, beaten at home by Burnley FC on their way to a glorious promotion, having to start their THIRD season outside the top flight with a transfer embargo, while Burnley rub shoulders with the cream of world football. You couldn't make it up![/p][/quote]To be fair you have got everything wrong for the last two years so at least you have a few facts in this post. Unfortunately you got a bit carried away again we are not 60 million in debt and did not lose 36.5 (love the point 5 like you actually know) players were not paid MILLIONS to leave, but it is our third season outside the top flight and Burnley did win. So a suppose this is progress. D+ fantasist someone who often has fantasies , or who confuses fantasy and what is real keanoutofrovers
  • Score: 2

12:48am Fri 18 Jul 14

gaylegarnerkennedy says...

ycnmiu
ycnmiu gaylegarnerkennedy
  • Score: 0

8:25am Fri 18 Jul 14

Harwoodstblue says...

keanoutofrovers wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
...... 2014 Blackburn Rovers..... plaything of clueless Indian chicken farmers, over £60million in debt, losing £36.5million a season, having to pay players millions of pounds TO LEAVE, stumbling from one PR disaster to the next, beaten at home by Burnley FC on their way to a glorious promotion, having to start their THIRD season outside the top flight with a transfer embargo, while Burnley rub shoulders with the cream of world football.

You couldn't make it up!
To be fair you have got everything wrong for the last two years so at least you have a few facts in this post. Unfortunately you got a bit carried away again we are not 60 million in debt and did not lose 36.5 (love the point 5 like you actually know) players were not paid MILLIONS to leave, but it is our third season outside the top flight and Burnley did win. So a suppose this is progress. D+


fantasist

someone who often has fantasies , or who confuses fantasy and what is real
The pratt just thinks of a figure then doubles it. Those are facts to him.
Did Burnley beat us ....yes for the first time in 35 years and he hasn't stopped wetting himself since.
That's what happens when you have won nothing for years...any crumb of comfort will send him in raptures.....and it has done. Poor dingle.
[quote][p][bold]keanoutofrovers[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: ...... 2014 Blackburn Rovers..... plaything of clueless Indian chicken farmers, over £60million in debt, losing £36.5million a season, having to pay players millions of pounds TO LEAVE, stumbling from one PR disaster to the next, beaten at home by Burnley FC on their way to a glorious promotion, having to start their THIRD season outside the top flight with a transfer embargo, while Burnley rub shoulders with the cream of world football. You couldn't make it up![/p][/quote]To be fair you have got everything wrong for the last two years so at least you have a few facts in this post. Unfortunately you got a bit carried away again we are not 60 million in debt and did not lose 36.5 (love the point 5 like you actually know) players were not paid MILLIONS to leave, but it is our third season outside the top flight and Burnley did win. So a suppose this is progress. D+ fantasist someone who often has fantasies , or who confuses fantasy and what is real[/p][/quote]The pratt just thinks of a figure then doubles it. Those are facts to him. Did Burnley beat us ....yes for the first time in 35 years and he hasn't stopped wetting himself since. That's what happens when you have won nothing for years...any crumb of comfort will send him in raptures.....and it has done. Poor dingle. Harwoodstblue
  • Score: 6

9:09am Fri 18 Jul 14

Rovers.1875 says...

Harwoodstblue wrote:
keanoutofrovers wrote:
Super CIaret wrote:
...... 2014 Blackburn Rovers..... plaything of clueless Indian chicken farmers, over £60million in debt, losing £36.5million a season, having to pay players millions of pounds TO LEAVE, stumbling from one PR disaster to the next, beaten at home by Burnley FC on their way to a glorious promotion, having to start their THIRD season outside the top flight with a transfer embargo, while Burnley rub shoulders with the cream of world football.

You couldn't make it up!
To be fair you have got everything wrong for the last two years so at least you have a few facts in this post. Unfortunately you got a bit carried away again we are not 60 million in debt and did not lose 36.5 (love the point 5 like you actually know) players were not paid MILLIONS to leave, but it is our third season outside the top flight and Burnley did win. So a suppose this is progress. D+


fantasist

someone who often has fantasies , or who confuses fantasy and what is real
The pratt just thinks of a figure then doubles it. Those are facts to him.
Did Burnley beat us ....yes for the first time in 35 years and he hasn't stopped wetting himself since.
That's what happens when you have won nothing for years...any crumb of comfort will send him in raptures.....and it has done. Poor dingle.
This is just a school kid with serious learning difficulties guys, probably best just ignoring him. The figures he comes up with are just random figures to get people annoyed and reply so then he can feel loved and wanted. If we do not reply and he gets bored, it will do him a favour, because he may actually start concentrating in the classroom.
[quote][p][bold]Harwoodstblue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]keanoutofrovers[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: ...... 2014 Blackburn Rovers..... plaything of clueless Indian chicken farmers, over £60million in debt, losing £36.5million a season, having to pay players millions of pounds TO LEAVE, stumbling from one PR disaster to the next, beaten at home by Burnley FC on their way to a glorious promotion, having to start their THIRD season outside the top flight with a transfer embargo, while Burnley rub shoulders with the cream of world football. You couldn't make it up![/p][/quote]To be fair you have got everything wrong for the last two years so at least you have a few facts in this post. Unfortunately you got a bit carried away again we are not 60 million in debt and did not lose 36.5 (love the point 5 like you actually know) players were not paid MILLIONS to leave, but it is our third season outside the top flight and Burnley did win. So a suppose this is progress. D+ fantasist someone who often has fantasies , or who confuses fantasy and what is real[/p][/quote]The pratt just thinks of a figure then doubles it. Those are facts to him. Did Burnley beat us ....yes for the first time in 35 years and he hasn't stopped wetting himself since. That's what happens when you have won nothing for years...any crumb of comfort will send him in raptures.....and it has done. Poor dingle.[/p][/quote]This is just a school kid with serious learning difficulties guys, probably best just ignoring him. The figures he comes up with are just random figures to get people annoyed and reply so then he can feel loved and wanted. If we do not reply and he gets bored, it will do him a favour, because he may actually start concentrating in the classroom. Rovers.1875
  • Score: 2

11:16am Fri 18 Jul 14

OnePostThenTheOther says...

No real issue with the video other than the "Rovers shirt instead of date" storyline isn't entirely clear.

More of an issue with the particularly crappy massive sponsor's logo - so won't be buying this shirt unless you can get one without.

For those commenting on Venky's cachee/profile, then only a SIGNIFICANT upturn in the club's footballing achievements will prevent them from being regarded as out-of-their-depth buffoons.
No real issue with the video other than the "Rovers shirt instead of date" storyline isn't entirely clear. More of an issue with the particularly crappy massive sponsor's logo - so won't be buying this shirt unless you can get one without. For those commenting on Venky's cachee/profile, then only a SIGNIFICANT upturn in the club's footballing achievements will prevent them from being regarded as out-of-their-depth buffoons. OnePostThenTheOther
  • Score: 4

12:40pm Fri 18 Jul 14

Super CIaret says...

Suggest one or two of you search online for Blackburn Rovers loss 2013/14. It might make you cry though. Your losses were £36.5m and your debts were £56m. Since then a few players have left at a cost of millions in contract payoffs, and you have also to find an additional £8m to cover the drop in parachute payments this season... so in fact I am correct. Your debts will far exceed £60m and could well be heading towards £70m. Should be interesting in December when FFP tears you goons a new one. I'll be here however to say I told you so.

BRFC, staying down forever. Fact.
Suggest one or two of you search online for Blackburn Rovers loss 2013/14. It might make you cry though. Your losses were £36.5m and your debts were £56m. Since then a few players have left at a cost of millions in contract payoffs, and you have also to find an additional £8m to cover the drop in parachute payments this season... so in fact I am correct. Your debts will far exceed £60m and could well be heading towards £70m. Should be interesting in December when FFP tears you goons a new one. I'll be here however to say I told you so. BRFC, staying down forever. Fact. Super CIaret
  • Score: -1

1:38pm Fri 18 Jul 14

hasslem hasslem says...

Super CIaret wrote:
Suggest one or two of you search online for Blackburn Rovers loss 2013/14. It might make you cry though. Your losses were £36.5m and your debts were £56m. Since then a few players have left at a cost of millions in contract payoffs, and you have also to find an additional £8m to cover the drop in parachute payments this season... so in fact I am correct. Your debts will far exceed £60m and could well be heading towards £70m. Should be interesting in December when FFP tears you goons a new one. I'll be here however to say I told you so.

BRFC, staying down forever. Fact.
suggest the idiot that thinks "staying down forever. Fact" is a fact should have a look in the dictionary for a definition of "Fact"

no hold on.... i'll do it for you. Fact. A truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true.

now, waddle on you incompetent buffoon.
[quote][p][bold]Super CIaret[/bold] wrote: Suggest one or two of you search online for Blackburn Rovers loss 2013/14. It might make you cry though. Your losses were £36.5m and your debts were £56m. Since then a few players have left at a cost of millions in contract payoffs, and you have also to find an additional £8m to cover the drop in parachute payments this season... so in fact I am correct. Your debts will far exceed £60m and could well be heading towards £70m. Should be interesting in December when FFP tears you goons a new one. I'll be here however to say I told you so. BRFC, staying down forever. Fact.[/p][/quote]suggest the idiot that thinks "staying down forever. Fact" is a fact should have a look in the dictionary for a definition of "Fact" no hold on.... i'll do it for you. Fact. A truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true. now, waddle on you incompetent buffoon. hasslem hasslem
  • Score: 0

2:49pm Fri 18 Jul 14

owd nick says...

RoversSwiss wrote:
After all the comments, I had to see the video on You Tube. Shirt design is crap, Sponsor not exactly inspiring for a football club, video was very funny. Took some nerve that Birdy.

Pity that so many people are completely devoid of any humour, about time Rovers returned to being fun instead of all the misery suffered over the last few years from Venkys, Anderson, Kean, Appelton and the idiots from Brag.
Ah but you aren't allowed a sense of humour if you are a Rovers fan, the negative brigade will have your balls in a clamp if you dare to actually smile.

It's quite amusing in a depressing way;

- Airliner shot down over Ukraine.
- Israel sends troops into Gaza.
- Maniac Muslims looking to wipe out Western civilisation and impose dark ages level religious stupidity on the entire world.

- Any of the 3 above could instigate WW3.

But the most important issue exorcising the minds of the Blackburn Rovers Negative Brigade is a video of a new football shirt and the logo of our new shirt sponsors.

YCMIU. if you tried. Would probably make a great comedy sketch on Monty Python.
[quote][p][bold]RoversSwiss[/bold] wrote: After all the comments, I had to see the video on You Tube. Shirt design is crap, Sponsor not exactly inspiring for a football club, video was very funny. Took some nerve that Birdy. Pity that so many people are completely devoid of any humour, about time Rovers returned to being fun instead of all the misery suffered over the last few years from Venkys, Anderson, Kean, Appelton and the idiots from Brag.[/p][/quote]Ah but you aren't allowed a sense of humour if you are a Rovers fan, the negative brigade will have your balls in a clamp if you dare to actually smile. It's quite amusing in a depressing way; - Airliner shot down over Ukraine. - Israel sends troops into Gaza. - Maniac Muslims looking to wipe out Western civilisation and impose dark ages level religious stupidity on the entire world. - Any of the 3 above could instigate WW3. But the most important issue exorcising the minds of the Blackburn Rovers Negative Brigade is a video of a new football shirt and the logo of our new shirt sponsors. YCMIU. if you tried. Would probably make a great comedy sketch on Monty Python. owd nick
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree