DONCASTER striker Chris Brown is undergoing a medical ahead of a proposed move to Blackburn Rovers.

And should the 29-year-old come through the tests he is set to become Rovers’ first signing of the summer.

Brown is available on a free transfer after Doncaster were relegated from the Championship.

The 6ft 3in targetman, who scored nine goals in 43 games last season on his way to being named Donny's player of the year, has 12 months left on his contract.

But it is believed Brown will be allowed to leave for nothing as his contract contains a relegation clause.

Doncaster boss Paul Dickov is resigned to losing his star man.

Dickov, a former Rovers striker, said: “I think a big part of Chris would want to stay but the lure of Championship football is too much for him. We all would love him to stay.

“But I don’t think the fans and staff at the club who saw him last season would begrudge him the move – and a decent move at this stage of his career. He was outstanding for us last season.”

Rovers yesterday made space in their squad for Brown by agreeing to cancel David Goodwillie’s contract.

The Scotland international forward had 12 months remaining on the four-year deal he signed after then Ewood Park boss Steve Kean paid a reported £2.8m for his services to Dundee United in August 2011.

But Goodwillie is now free to find a new club after he came to a financial settlement with Rovers.

The 25-year-old is attracting interest from Scottish Premiership duo Kilmarnock and Aberdeen.

Goodwillie still has admirers north of the border despite a disappointing three-year spell at Rovers.

The former Scottish Young Player of the Year scored five goals in 34 appearances for the club and spent time on loan at Crystal Palace, Dundee United and Blackpool.

Goodwillie was one of six players placed on the transfer list by Rovers last month along with Dickson Etuhu, Leon Best, DJ Campbell, Jordan Slew and Alex Marrow.

Meanwhile, Campbell has had his bail put back until the end of July.

The striker was one of six men arrested in December by the National Crime Agency (NCA) as part of a probe into alleged spot-fixing in football. Campbell was released on bail until April 8 without charge.

But on April 3, while Campbell was on loan at Millwall, the NCA released a statement confirming it had rearrested the six original suspects based on new evidence along with a further seven footballers aged between 18 and 30 who play for clubs based in the north west of England.

A further NCA statement on April 4 confirmed that the 13 individuals, who were interviewed at police stations across the country, had been bailed until the end of this month.

But Campbell’s bail has now been put back until late July.