Blackburn Rovers step up search for centre-back

This Is Lancashire: Jordan Rhodes was left dejected after defeat at Bolton on Saturday Jordan Rhodes was left dejected after defeat at Bolton on Saturday

BLACKBURN Rovers boss Gary Bowyer will intensify his search for a centre-back after being left to sweat on the fitness of Grant Hanley and Matt Kilgallon ahead of Sunday’s East Lancashire derby with Burnley.

Captain Hanley missed the woeful 4-0 defeat at Bolton Wanderers on Saturday with a calf strain while Kilgallon came off after hurting his groin.

It meant Bowyer’s side finished the match without a single recognised central defender on the pitch.

Hanley is hopeful he will be back to take on Burnley while Kilgallon will undergo medical assessments to see if he has a chance of playing in Rovers’ biggest game of the season.

But Bowyer, who has been attempting to sign another centre-back on loan ever since Scott Dann’s departure on transfer deadline day, insists he will do everything he can to reinforce his backline before the Ewood Park encounter.

He said: “We will try and bring in a bit of cover.

“It’s been well documented that we’re trying to do that but obviously with Matt limping off there is even more urgency now.

“Matt has a slight groin and we’ll assess that and we’re certainly hoping Grant will be fit that’s for sure. He was close on Saturday.”

The Lancashire Telegraph understands Rovers were close to signing young Manchester United defender Michael Keane on loan last week.

But it is believed that United are only willing to send Keane out on loan again – the 21-year-old played eight times for Derby County earlier this season – if he is going to get games.

Before Kilgallon became the latest visitor to Rovers’ already overcrowded treatment room Bowyer was unable to guarantee that.

As it is hoped that Hanley’s absence will be short term.

Hanley, who has yet to taste defeat since taking over as Rovers captain from Dann, is desperate to lead Rovers out against Burnley on Sunday.

Bowyer is also optimistic that midfielders David Dunn, who sat out the game against Bolton with a minor knock, and Tom Cairney will be back for the Clarets clash.

While winger Josh King is expected to return to training this week after a month on the sidelines.

Top scorer Jordan Rhodes captained Rovers on Saturday in place of the injured Hanley, who has pulled out of the Scotland squad for their friendly in Poland on Wednesday.

The 16-goal striker missed two good chances to end a scoring drought that now stretches back nine matches.

“There’s a glut of goals coming from him,” said Bowyer, who was forced to include midfielder Darragh Lenihan, 20, and striker Dean Rittenberg, 17, on the bench against Bolton.

“I’m not concerned because he’s having the chances.

“He knows that these things happen, he won’t make a deal of it and he will try to score next week.”

Comments (47)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:11pm Mon 3 Mar 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

Ouch, no centre halves and about to face the League's best and most potent strike partnership.
Ouch, no centre halves and about to face the League's best and most potent strike partnership. Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: -3

12:15pm Mon 3 Mar 14

look.up.blackburn says...

The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday.

The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance.

Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss.

A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers.
The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday. The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance. Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss. A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers. look.up.blackburn
  • Score: -28

12:40pm Mon 3 Mar 14

kfc yummy says...

When are you gonna push for a playoff place lads.
When are you gonna push for a playoff place lads. kfc yummy
  • Score: -8

1:01pm Mon 3 Mar 14

Blackburn_End says...

Utter rubbish, massive debts, no centre backs, star striker couldn't hit a donkeys rear with a banjo.

Surely Burnley should be winning by at least 5?? But stop and just imagine if we turn them over yet again. Is there enough eggs in West Yorkshire to cover all these ugly faces???
Utter rubbish, massive debts, no centre backs, star striker couldn't hit a donkeys rear with a banjo. Surely Burnley should be winning by at least 5?? But stop and just imagine if we turn them over yet again. Is there enough eggs in West Yorkshire to cover all these ugly faces??? Blackburn_End
  • Score: 8

1:09pm Mon 3 Mar 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

Blackburn_End wrote:
Utter rubbish, massive debts, no centre backs, star striker couldn't hit a donkeys rear with a banjo.

Surely Burnley should be winning by at least 5?? But stop and just imagine if we turn them over yet again. Is there enough eggs in West Yorkshire to cover all these ugly faces???
I take it Geography was not your strong point at your scruffy Blackburn school then sunshine? There is a reason why next Sunday's game is called the East LANCASHIRE derby, can you guess what it is....?

Too busy glue-sniffing and trying to snatch glimpses under the saddle as the horses trotted around in the nearby fields eh?
[quote][p][bold]Blackburn_End[/bold] wrote: Utter rubbish, massive debts, no centre backs, star striker couldn't hit a donkeys rear with a banjo. Surely Burnley should be winning by at least 5?? But stop and just imagine if we turn them over yet again. Is there enough eggs in West Yorkshire to cover all these ugly faces???[/p][/quote]I take it Geography was not your strong point at your scruffy Blackburn school then sunshine? There is a reason why next Sunday's game is called the East LANCASHIRE derby, can you guess what it is....? Too busy glue-sniffing and trying to snatch glimpses under the saddle as the horses trotted around in the nearby fields eh? Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: -8

2:14pm Mon 3 Mar 14

Tatts says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
Blackburn_End wrote:
Utter rubbish, massive debts, no centre backs, star striker couldn't hit a donkeys rear with a banjo.

Surely Burnley should be winning by at least 5?? But stop and just imagine if we turn them over yet again. Is there enough eggs in West Yorkshire to cover all these ugly faces???
I take it Geography was not your strong point at your scruffy Blackburn school then sunshine? There is a reason why next Sunday's game is called the East LANCASHIRE derby, can you guess what it is....?

Too busy glue-sniffing and trying to snatch glimpses under the saddle as the horses trotted around in the nearby fields eh?
You Yorkshire Dingle numpty!
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Blackburn_End[/bold] wrote: Utter rubbish, massive debts, no centre backs, star striker couldn't hit a donkeys rear with a banjo. Surely Burnley should be winning by at least 5?? But stop and just imagine if we turn them over yet again. Is there enough eggs in West Yorkshire to cover all these ugly faces???[/p][/quote]I take it Geography was not your strong point at your scruffy Blackburn school then sunshine? There is a reason why next Sunday's game is called the East LANCASHIRE derby, can you guess what it is....? Too busy glue-sniffing and trying to snatch glimpses under the saddle as the horses trotted around in the nearby fields eh?[/p][/quote]You Yorkshire Dingle numpty! Tatts
  • Score: 11

2:36pm Mon 3 Mar 14

FCBurnley says...

So as per usual Rovers are trying to beg/borrow or steal success. Obviously Hanley, Dunn etc have all been rested for `Rovers biggest game of the season`. Hope Hanley plays, red card for sure for him. If Dunn plays, can he use his Zimmer frame ? 90 minutes is a long time for him to stand unaided in one place.
So as per usual Rovers are trying to beg/borrow or steal success. Obviously Hanley, Dunn etc have all been rested for `Rovers biggest game of the season`. Hope Hanley plays, red card for sure for him. If Dunn plays, can he use his Zimmer frame ? 90 minutes is a long time for him to stand unaided in one place. FCBurnley
  • Score: -12

2:38pm Mon 3 Mar 14

hasslem hasslem says...

i love these war of the roses lancashire vs yorkshire derbies - i enjoy the dirties, huddersfield, wednesday and barnsley games - but for real lancs vs yorks rivalry.....you can't beat a rovers vs burnley clash.
i love these war of the roses lancashire vs yorkshire derbies - i enjoy the dirties, huddersfield, wednesday and barnsley games - but for real lancs vs yorks rivalry.....you can't beat a rovers vs burnley clash. hasslem hasslem
  • Score: 19

2:57pm Mon 3 Mar 14

A Rover 45 years and over says...

Sorry Gary, don't get your logic not to expect problems when Killie has a history of injury problems and niggles and is not reliable on that front, and then not to even put one of your young centre backs on the bench. We know it has been difficult to get someone in for cover only. Therefore use your reserves as that is what they are there for. Very annoying that you had to let Dann go when we have Etuhu and Best soaking up all the wages up for doing nothing for the club. This all wrong reducing our wage bill in this way an then causing us problems further down the line.Even if you got some one in for the weekend he would find it difficult to settle in and be successful in such a short space of time. What is wrong with your young defenders.hat you can't play one or put them on the bench.
Sorry Gary, don't get your logic not to expect problems when Killie has a history of injury problems and niggles and is not reliable on that front, and then not to even put one of your young centre backs on the bench. We know it has been difficult to get someone in for cover only. Therefore use your reserves as that is what they are there for. Very annoying that you had to let Dann go when we have Etuhu and Best soaking up all the wages up for doing nothing for the club. This all wrong reducing our wage bill in this way an then causing us problems further down the line.Even if you got some one in for the weekend he would find it difficult to settle in and be successful in such a short space of time. What is wrong with your young defenders.hat you can't play one or put them on the bench. A Rover 45 years and over
  • Score: 5

2:58pm Mon 3 Mar 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

hasslem hasslem wrote:
i love these war of the roses lancashire vs yorkshire derbies - i enjoy the dirties, huddersfield, wednesday and barnsley games - but for real lancs vs yorks rivalry.....you can't beat a rovers vs burnley clash.
I see what you are all doing, by moving Burnley into Yorkshire you are attempting to claim your 'Best club in Lancashire' title back.

Unfortunately for Tinpot Rovers FC even the pie eaters from that egg-chasing town of Wigan are higher than your lot.

Burnley FC Pride of LANCASHIRE and officially the Top team in LANCASHIRE
[quote][p][bold]hasslem hasslem[/bold] wrote: i love these war of the roses lancashire vs yorkshire derbies - i enjoy the dirties, huddersfield, wednesday and barnsley games - but for real lancs vs yorks rivalry.....you can't beat a rovers vs burnley clash.[/p][/quote]I see what you are all doing, by moving Burnley into Yorkshire you are attempting to claim your 'Best club in Lancashire' title back. Unfortunately for Tinpot Rovers FC even the pie eaters from that egg-chasing town of Wigan are higher than your lot. Burnley FC Pride of LANCASHIRE and officially the Top team in LANCASHIRE Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: -2

3:01pm Mon 3 Mar 14

kfc yummy says...

hasslem hasslem wrote:
i love these war of the roses lancashire vs yorkshire derbies - i enjoy the dirties, huddersfield, wednesday and barnsley games - but for real lancs vs yorks rivalry.....you can't beat a rovers vs burnley clash.
Didn't know Blackburn was in Yorkshire.
[quote][p][bold]hasslem hasslem[/bold] wrote: i love these war of the roses lancashire vs yorkshire derbies - i enjoy the dirties, huddersfield, wednesday and barnsley games - but for real lancs vs yorks rivalry.....you can't beat a rovers vs burnley clash.[/p][/quote]Didn't know Blackburn was in Yorkshire. kfc yummy
  • Score: -8

3:01pm Mon 3 Mar 14

McClaret says...

Does the transfer window ever close on the loan market? Hypothetically speaking could a championship club take a top prem player that has been benched after a fall out with his manager on loan?
Does the transfer window ever close on the loan market? Hypothetically speaking could a championship club take a top prem player that has been benched after a fall out with his manager on loan? McClaret
  • Score: 3

3:41pm Mon 3 Mar 14

SteppBladder says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
Blackburn_End wrote:
Utter rubbish, massive debts, no centre backs, star striker couldn't hit a donkeys rear with a banjo.

Surely Burnley should be winning by at least 5?? But stop and just imagine if we turn them over yet again. Is there enough eggs in West Yorkshire to cover all these ugly faces???
I take it Geography was not your strong point at your scruffy Blackburn school then sunshine? There is a reason why next Sunday's game is called the East LANCASHIRE derby, can you guess what it is....?

Too busy glue-sniffing and trying to snatch glimpses under the saddle as the horses trotted around in the nearby fields eh?
you're just a small town in Yorkshire
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Blackburn_End[/bold] wrote: Utter rubbish, massive debts, no centre backs, star striker couldn't hit a donkeys rear with a banjo. Surely Burnley should be winning by at least 5?? But stop and just imagine if we turn them over yet again. Is there enough eggs in West Yorkshire to cover all these ugly faces???[/p][/quote]I take it Geography was not your strong point at your scruffy Blackburn school then sunshine? There is a reason why next Sunday's game is called the East LANCASHIRE derby, can you guess what it is....? Too busy glue-sniffing and trying to snatch glimpses under the saddle as the horses trotted around in the nearby fields eh?[/p][/quote]you're just a small town in Yorkshire SteppBladder
  • Score: -1

3:51pm Mon 3 Mar 14

hasslem hasslem says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
hasslem hasslem wrote:
i love these war of the roses lancashire vs yorkshire derbies - i enjoy the dirties, huddersfield, wednesday and barnsley games - but for real lancs vs yorks rivalry.....you can't beat a rovers vs burnley clash.
I see what you are all doing, by moving Burnley into Yorkshire you are attempting to claim your 'Best club in Lancashire' title back.

Unfortunately for Tinpot Rovers FC even the pie eaters from that egg-chasing town of Wigan are higher than your lot.

Burnley FC Pride of LANCASHIRE and officially the Top team in LANCASHIRE
you are officially a bunch of yaahkshaa puddings
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hasslem hasslem[/bold] wrote: i love these war of the roses lancashire vs yorkshire derbies - i enjoy the dirties, huddersfield, wednesday and barnsley games - but for real lancs vs yorks rivalry.....you can't beat a rovers vs burnley clash.[/p][/quote]I see what you are all doing, by moving Burnley into Yorkshire you are attempting to claim your 'Best club in Lancashire' title back. Unfortunately for Tinpot Rovers FC even the pie eaters from that egg-chasing town of Wigan are higher than your lot. Burnley FC Pride of LANCASHIRE and officially the Top team in LANCASHIRE[/p][/quote]you are officially a bunch of yaahkshaa puddings hasslem hasslem
  • Score: -1

3:52pm Mon 3 Mar 14

ChrisDeBerg says...

look.up.blackburn wrote:
The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday.

The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance.

Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss.

A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers.
This is an interesting read on Burnley FC....

http://uncyclopedia.
wikia.com/wiki/Burnl
ey#History
[quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn[/bold] wrote: The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday. The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance. Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss. A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers.[/p][/quote]This is an interesting read on Burnley FC.... http://uncyclopedia. wikia.com/wiki/Burnl ey#History ChrisDeBerg
  • Score: 2

3:53pm Mon 3 Mar 14

wolsty says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
Ouch, no centre halves and about to face the League's best and most potent strike partnership.
And?????
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: Ouch, no centre halves and about to face the League's best and most potent strike partnership.[/p][/quote]And????? wolsty
  • Score: -4

3:55pm Mon 3 Mar 14

wolsty says...

kfc yummy wrote:
When are you gonna push for a playoff place lads.
Why??
[quote][p][bold]kfc yummy[/bold] wrote: When are you gonna push for a playoff place lads.[/p][/quote]Why?? wolsty
  • Score: -4

3:57pm Mon 3 Mar 14

Harwoodstblue says...

FCBurnley wrote:
So as per usual Rovers are trying to beg/borrow or steal success. Obviously Hanley, Dunn etc have all been rested for `Rovers biggest game of the season`. Hope Hanley plays, red card for sure for him. If Dunn plays, can he use his Zimmer frame ? 90 minutes is a long time for him to stand unaided in one place.
It'll only take him a minute to pop in the usual winner against you again. He doesn't need to play for the other 89 minutes.
[quote][p][bold]FCBurnley[/bold] wrote: So as per usual Rovers are trying to beg/borrow or steal success. Obviously Hanley, Dunn etc have all been rested for `Rovers biggest game of the season`. Hope Hanley plays, red card for sure for him. If Dunn plays, can he use his Zimmer frame ? 90 minutes is a long time for him to stand unaided in one place.[/p][/quote]It'll only take him a minute to pop in the usual winner against you again. He doesn't need to play for the other 89 minutes. Harwoodstblue
  • Score: 4

4:25pm Mon 3 Mar 14

wolsty says...

ChrisDeBerg wrote:
look.up.blackburn wrote:
The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday.

The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance.

Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss.

A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers.
This is an interesting read on Burnley FC....

http://uncyclopedia.

wikia.com/wiki/Burnl

ey#History
Very interesting read,well worth a look
[quote][p][bold]ChrisDeBerg[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn[/bold] wrote: The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday. The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance. Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss. A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers.[/p][/quote]This is an interesting read on Burnley FC.... http://uncyclopedia. wikia.com/wiki/Burnl ey#History[/p][/quote]Very interesting read,well worth a look wolsty
  • Score: -2

4:34pm Mon 3 Mar 14

Stretch_22 says...

ChrisDeBerg wrote:
look.up.blackburn wrote:
The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday.

The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance.

Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss.

A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers.
This is an interesting read on Burnley FC....

http://uncyclopedia.

wikia.com/wiki/Burnl

ey#History
Best Link ever!
[quote][p][bold]ChrisDeBerg[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn[/bold] wrote: The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday. The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance. Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss. A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers.[/p][/quote]This is an interesting read on Burnley FC.... http://uncyclopedia. wikia.com/wiki/Burnl ey#History[/p][/quote]Best Link ever! Stretch_22
  • Score: -2

5:00pm Mon 3 Mar 14

Keith Myath says...

Can we get Alan Pardew in on loan? He's good with his head!
Can we get Alan Pardew in on loan? He's good with his head! Keith Myath
  • Score: 2

5:10pm Mon 3 Mar 14

owd nick says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
hasslem hasslem wrote:
i love these war of the roses lancashire vs yorkshire derbies - i enjoy the dirties, huddersfield, wednesday and barnsley games - but for real lancs vs yorks rivalry.....you can't beat a rovers vs burnley clash.
I see what you are all doing, by moving Burnley into Yorkshire you are attempting to claim your 'Best club in Lancashire' title back.

Unfortunately for Tinpot Rovers FC even the pie eaters from that egg-chasing town of Wigan are higher than your lot.

Burnley FC Pride of LANCASHIRE and officially the Top team in LANCASHIRE
But there is one, simple, salient fact, you haven't won anything yet.

Your board are so tight arsed, typical Yorkshire one might say, that the last time you played yo yo football with the PL they pocketed all the cash, didn't a couple of them do a runner when you were relegated?

It's quite interesting that now you are doing well that you have signed more directors than players this season, I believe one of those who did a runner the last time you were relegated, perhaps he smells easy PL money again, who knows?

Win, lose or draw I will be on here as soon as I can on Sunday, the England v Wales game might get in the way for a couple of hours but I will be here.

I will do my shouting during and after the game.

What about you?
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hasslem hasslem[/bold] wrote: i love these war of the roses lancashire vs yorkshire derbies - i enjoy the dirties, huddersfield, wednesday and barnsley games - but for real lancs vs yorks rivalry.....you can't beat a rovers vs burnley clash.[/p][/quote]I see what you are all doing, by moving Burnley into Yorkshire you are attempting to claim your 'Best club in Lancashire' title back. Unfortunately for Tinpot Rovers FC even the pie eaters from that egg-chasing town of Wigan are higher than your lot. Burnley FC Pride of LANCASHIRE and officially the Top team in LANCASHIRE[/p][/quote]But there is one, simple, salient fact, you haven't won anything yet. Your board are so tight arsed, typical Yorkshire one might say, that the last time you played yo yo football with the PL they pocketed all the cash, didn't a couple of them do a runner when you were relegated? It's quite interesting that now you are doing well that you have signed more directors than players this season, I believe one of those who did a runner the last time you were relegated, perhaps he smells easy PL money again, who knows? Win, lose or draw I will be on here as soon as I can on Sunday, the England v Wales game might get in the way for a couple of hours but I will be here. I will do my shouting during and after the game. What about you? owd nick
  • Score: -1

5:17pm Mon 3 Mar 14

owd nick says...

ChrisDeBerg wrote:
look.up.blackburn wrote:
The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday.

The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance.

Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss.

A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers.
This is an interesting read on Burnley FC....

http://uncyclopedia.

wikia.com/wiki/Burnl

ey#History
Filled with fact, awesome! lol.
[quote][p][bold]ChrisDeBerg[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn[/bold] wrote: The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday. The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance. Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss. A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers.[/p][/quote]This is an interesting read on Burnley FC.... http://uncyclopedia. wikia.com/wiki/Burnl ey#History[/p][/quote]Filled with fact, awesome! lol. owd nick
  • Score: -3

5:25pm Mon 3 Mar 14

owd nick says...

McClaret wrote:
Does the transfer window ever close on the loan market? Hypothetically speaking could a championship club take a top prem player that has been benched after a fall out with his manager on loan?
Yep, I think it closes around the end of this month. not quite sure if the emergency loan system runs until the end of the season.
[quote][p][bold]McClaret[/bold] wrote: Does the transfer window ever close on the loan market? Hypothetically speaking could a championship club take a top prem player that has been benched after a fall out with his manager on loan?[/p][/quote]Yep, I think it closes around the end of this month. not quite sure if the emergency loan system runs until the end of the season. owd nick
  • Score: 0

5:33pm Mon 3 Mar 14

gingerprince says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
hasslem hasslem wrote:
i love these war of the roses lancashire vs yorkshire derbies - i enjoy the dirties, huddersfield, wednesday and barnsley games - but for real lancs vs yorks rivalry.....you can't beat a rovers vs burnley clash.
I see what you are all doing, by moving Burnley into Yorkshire you are attempting to claim your 'Best club in Lancashire' title back.

Unfortunately for Tinpot Rovers FC even the pie eaters from that egg-chasing town of Wigan are higher than your lot.

Burnley FC Pride of LANCASHIRE and officially the Top team in LANCASHIRE
the only thing official is the sh#t dribbling out your mouth. the funniest thing about this whole situaion is you are getting excited at the fact you have a slim chanceof turning a very poo blackburn side over at ewood this is a young team still learning there trades and yet you mongs bleat on about best team n lancashire well done it may of tken you fools 34 yrs to get this far her is to the next 34 yrs you mongos
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hasslem hasslem[/bold] wrote: i love these war of the roses lancashire vs yorkshire derbies - i enjoy the dirties, huddersfield, wednesday and barnsley games - but for real lancs vs yorks rivalry.....you can't beat a rovers vs burnley clash.[/p][/quote]I see what you are all doing, by moving Burnley into Yorkshire you are attempting to claim your 'Best club in Lancashire' title back. Unfortunately for Tinpot Rovers FC even the pie eaters from that egg-chasing town of Wigan are higher than your lot. Burnley FC Pride of LANCASHIRE and officially the Top team in LANCASHIRE[/p][/quote]the only thing official is the sh#t dribbling out your mouth. the funniest thing about this whole situaion is you are getting excited at the fact you have a slim chanceof turning a very poo blackburn side over at ewood this is a young team still learning there trades and yet you mongs bleat on about best team n lancashire well done it may of tken you fools 34 yrs to get this far her is to the next 34 yrs you mongos gingerprince
  • Score: -3

5:35pm Mon 3 Mar 14

mjp 53 says...

owd nick wrote:
McClaret wrote:
Does the transfer window ever close on the loan market? Hypothetically speaking could a championship club take a top prem player that has been benched after a fall out with his manager on loan?
Yep, I think it closes around the end of this month. not quite sure if the emergency loan system runs until the end of the season.
Maybe Bowyer could enlist the help of a local brickie if he cant get a defender in time, brick the whole goal up, because thats the only way they are going to stop us scoring.
[quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]McClaret[/bold] wrote: Does the transfer window ever close on the loan market? Hypothetically speaking could a championship club take a top prem player that has been benched after a fall out with his manager on loan?[/p][/quote]Yep, I think it closes around the end of this month. not quite sure if the emergency loan system runs until the end of the season.[/p][/quote]Maybe Bowyer could enlist the help of a local brickie if he cant get a defender in time, brick the whole goal up, because thats the only way they are going to stop us scoring. mjp 53
  • Score: 3

5:43pm Mon 3 Mar 14

kfc yummy says...

gingerprince wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
hasslem hasslem wrote:
i love these war of the roses lancashire vs yorkshire derbies - i enjoy the dirties, huddersfield, wednesday and barnsley games - but for real lancs vs yorks rivalry.....you can't beat a rovers vs burnley clash.
I see what you are all doing, by moving Burnley into Yorkshire you are attempting to claim your 'Best club in Lancashire' title back.

Unfortunately for Tinpot Rovers FC even the pie eaters from that egg-chasing town of Wigan are higher than your lot.

Burnley FC Pride of LANCASHIRE and officially the Top team in LANCASHIRE
the only thing official is the sh#t dribbling out your mouth. the funniest thing about this whole situaion is you are getting excited at the fact you have a slim chanceof turning a very poo blackburn side over at ewood this is a young team still learning there trades and yet you mongs bleat on about best team n lancashire well done it may of tken you fools 34 yrs to get this far her is to the next 34 yrs you mongos
They smell like poo as well.
[quote][p][bold]gingerprince[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hasslem hasslem[/bold] wrote: i love these war of the roses lancashire vs yorkshire derbies - i enjoy the dirties, huddersfield, wednesday and barnsley games - but for real lancs vs yorks rivalry.....you can't beat a rovers vs burnley clash.[/p][/quote]I see what you are all doing, by moving Burnley into Yorkshire you are attempting to claim your 'Best club in Lancashire' title back. Unfortunately for Tinpot Rovers FC even the pie eaters from that egg-chasing town of Wigan are higher than your lot. Burnley FC Pride of LANCASHIRE and officially the Top team in LANCASHIRE[/p][/quote]the only thing official is the sh#t dribbling out your mouth. the funniest thing about this whole situaion is you are getting excited at the fact you have a slim chanceof turning a very poo blackburn side over at ewood this is a young team still learning there trades and yet you mongs bleat on about best team n lancashire well done it may of tken you fools 34 yrs to get this far her is to the next 34 yrs you mongos[/p][/quote]They smell like poo as well. kfc yummy
  • Score: -1

6:02pm Mon 3 Mar 14

FCBurnley says...

Harwoodstblue wrote:
FCBurnley wrote:
So as per usual Rovers are trying to beg/borrow or steal success. Obviously Hanley, Dunn etc have all been rested for `Rovers biggest game of the season`. Hope Hanley plays, red card for sure for him. If Dunn plays, can he use his Zimmer frame ? 90 minutes is a long time for him to stand unaided in one place.
It'll only take him a minute to pop in the usual winner against you again. He doesn't need to play for the other 89 minutes.
And his last winner against us was ?
[quote][p][bold]Harwoodstblue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]FCBurnley[/bold] wrote: So as per usual Rovers are trying to beg/borrow or steal success. Obviously Hanley, Dunn etc have all been rested for `Rovers biggest game of the season`. Hope Hanley plays, red card for sure for him. If Dunn plays, can he use his Zimmer frame ? 90 minutes is a long time for him to stand unaided in one place.[/p][/quote]It'll only take him a minute to pop in the usual winner against you again. He doesn't need to play for the other 89 minutes.[/p][/quote]And his last winner against us was ? FCBurnley
  • Score: 3

6:05pm Mon 3 Mar 14

owd nick says...

mjp 53 wrote:
owd nick wrote:
McClaret wrote:
Does the transfer window ever close on the loan market? Hypothetically speaking could a championship club take a top prem player that has been benched after a fall out with his manager on loan?
Yep, I think it closes around the end of this month. not quite sure if the emergency loan system runs until the end of the season.
Maybe Bowyer could enlist the help of a local brickie if he cant get a defender in time, brick the whole goal up, because thats the only way they are going to stop us scoring.
Another one counting eggs before they have hatched, this is what being on top for the first time in 35 years does, it addles your brains, too much excitement and adrenalin.

It's very simple, all Rovers fans want to win this game but even the most optimistic accepts that it's very likely we won't because Burnley are a decent, settled team while Rovers are at the early stages of rebuilding and we can't ever be sure which Rovers team is going to turn up.

So it's all about expectation.

We lose, pretty upset but we didn't expect to win, back to the drawing board and look forward to the next game.

Draw, good point for both teams but we have the moral victory because it becomes 36 years and counting.

Burnley lose, total disaster simply because you need to win this game so much it hurts, you have to win because it's Rovers and in your minds they are such a poor side and much worse than you for the first time in years, therefore anything but 3 points and your season is ruined.

I can't wait for Sunday, I'm off playing golf for two days but I will be back in time for this game, I wouldn't miss it for the world.
[quote][p][bold]mjp 53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]McClaret[/bold] wrote: Does the transfer window ever close on the loan market? Hypothetically speaking could a championship club take a top prem player that has been benched after a fall out with his manager on loan?[/p][/quote]Yep, I think it closes around the end of this month. not quite sure if the emergency loan system runs until the end of the season.[/p][/quote]Maybe Bowyer could enlist the help of a local brickie if he cant get a defender in time, brick the whole goal up, because thats the only way they are going to stop us scoring.[/p][/quote]Another one counting eggs before they have hatched, this is what being on top for the first time in 35 years does, it addles your brains, too much excitement and adrenalin. It's very simple, all Rovers fans want to win this game but even the most optimistic accepts that it's very likely we won't because Burnley are a decent, settled team while Rovers are at the early stages of rebuilding and we can't ever be sure which Rovers team is going to turn up. So it's all about expectation. We lose, pretty upset but we didn't expect to win, back to the drawing board and look forward to the next game. Draw, good point for both teams but we have the moral victory because it becomes 36 years and counting. Burnley lose, total disaster simply because you need to win this game so much it hurts, you have to win because it's Rovers and in your minds they are such a poor side and much worse than you for the first time in years, therefore anything but 3 points and your season is ruined. I can't wait for Sunday, I'm off playing golf for two days but I will be back in time for this game, I wouldn't miss it for the world. owd nick
  • Score: 3

6:29pm Mon 3 Mar 14

stevewhipp says...

ChrisDeBerg wrote:
look.up.blackburn wrote:
The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday.

The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance.

Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss.

A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers.
This is an interesting read on Burnley FC....

http://uncyclopedia.

wikia.com/wiki/Burnl

ey#History
That's really funny. Thanks, I needed a laugh. The Blackburn one is funny too. http://uncyclopedia.
wikia.com/wiki/Black
burn
[quote][p][bold]ChrisDeBerg[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn[/bold] wrote: The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday. The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance. Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss. A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers.[/p][/quote]This is an interesting read on Burnley FC.... http://uncyclopedia. wikia.com/wiki/Burnl ey#History[/p][/quote]That's really funny. Thanks, I needed a laugh. The Blackburn one is funny too. http://uncyclopedia. wikia.com/wiki/Black burn stevewhipp
  • Score: 0

6:31pm Mon 3 Mar 14

baldie says...

look.up.blackburn wrote:
The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday.

The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance.

Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss.

A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers.
YES or NO?
[quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn[/bold] wrote: The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday. The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance. Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss. A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers.[/p][/quote]YES or NO? baldie
  • Score: 0

7:00pm Mon 3 Mar 14

McClaret says...

Enjoying every minute of the build up.
Enjoying every minute of the build up. McClaret
  • Score: 0

7:14pm Mon 3 Mar 14

French Rover says...

owd nick wrote:
mjp 53 wrote:
owd nick wrote:
McClaret wrote:
Does the transfer window ever close on the loan market? Hypothetically speaking could a championship club take a top prem player that has been benched after a fall out with his manager on loan?
Yep, I think it closes around the end of this month. not quite sure if the emergency loan system runs until the end of the season.
Maybe Bowyer could enlist the help of a local brickie if he cant get a defender in time, brick the whole goal up, because thats the only way they are going to stop us scoring.
Another one counting eggs before they have hatched, this is what being on top for the first time in 35 years does, it addles your brains, too much excitement and adrenalin.

It's very simple, all Rovers fans want to win this game but even the most optimistic accepts that it's very likely we won't because Burnley are a decent, settled team while Rovers are at the early stages of rebuilding and we can't ever be sure which Rovers team is going to turn up.

So it's all about expectation.

We lose, pretty upset but we didn't expect to win, back to the drawing board and look forward to the next game.

Draw, good point for both teams but we have the moral victory because it becomes 36 years and counting.

Burnley lose, total disaster simply because you need to win this game so much it hurts, you have to win because it's Rovers and in your minds they are such a poor side and much worse than you for the first time in years, therefore anything but 3 points and your season is ruined.

I can't wait for Sunday, I'm off playing golf for two days but I will be back in time for this game, I wouldn't miss it for the world.
Nice post OWD un! Burnley are daring to dream that they can finally end the 35 years of misery and pain that we inflicted on them. And to be fair along with Leicester they are the form team of the division so they should expect to take the three points - esp with all the key injuries we have now. Fair play to them I suppose.

BUT Footballs a funny old game and we are a funny old team that has seen some strange times recently - so who knows what the score will be - but cr what may the Rovers will always be a better club than Burnley!
[quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mjp 53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]McClaret[/bold] wrote: Does the transfer window ever close on the loan market? Hypothetically speaking could a championship club take a top prem player that has been benched after a fall out with his manager on loan?[/p][/quote]Yep, I think it closes around the end of this month. not quite sure if the emergency loan system runs until the end of the season.[/p][/quote]Maybe Bowyer could enlist the help of a local brickie if he cant get a defender in time, brick the whole goal up, because thats the only way they are going to stop us scoring.[/p][/quote]Another one counting eggs before they have hatched, this is what being on top for the first time in 35 years does, it addles your brains, too much excitement and adrenalin. It's very simple, all Rovers fans want to win this game but even the most optimistic accepts that it's very likely we won't because Burnley are a decent, settled team while Rovers are at the early stages of rebuilding and we can't ever be sure which Rovers team is going to turn up. So it's all about expectation. We lose, pretty upset but we didn't expect to win, back to the drawing board and look forward to the next game. Draw, good point for both teams but we have the moral victory because it becomes 36 years and counting. Burnley lose, total disaster simply because you need to win this game so much it hurts, you have to win because it's Rovers and in your minds they are such a poor side and much worse than you for the first time in years, therefore anything but 3 points and your season is ruined. I can't wait for Sunday, I'm off playing golf for two days but I will be back in time for this game, I wouldn't miss it for the world.[/p][/quote]Nice post OWD un! Burnley are daring to dream that they can finally end the 35 years of misery and pain that we inflicted on them. And to be fair along with Leicester they are the form team of the division so they should expect to take the three points - esp with all the key injuries we have now. Fair play to them I suppose. BUT Footballs a funny old game and we are a funny old team that has seen some strange times recently - so who knows what the score will be - but cr what may the Rovers will always be a better club than Burnley! French Rover
  • Score: -4

7:43pm Mon 3 Mar 14

mushypeaman says...

Do the Burnley morons really think one win is worth 35 years of Rovers supremacy.
Come Rovers = one more please. If Burnley dont win this game it will ruin their season even if they get promoted.
Do the Burnley morons really think one win is worth 35 years of Rovers supremacy. Come Rovers = one more please. If Burnley dont win this game it will ruin their season even if they get promoted. mushypeaman
  • Score: 1

8:29pm Mon 3 Mar 14

northernchef says...

mushypeaman wrote:
Do the Burnley morons really think one win is worth 35 years of Rovers supremacy.
Come Rovers = one more please. If Burnley dont win this game it will ruin their season even if they get promoted.
No they don't but I have seen Burnley go to Wembley, I've seen them gain promotion to the premier league, I've seen them beat the likes of Manchester United (pre Moyes) and Chelsea and I've seen them less that 5 minutes away from a league cup final yet I've never seen them beat rovers. It wouldn't equal an 11 game unbeaten run but it would be great but no you are mistaken in thinking that one loss or draw will ruin a potentially promotion winning season unless we miss out by a one point.
[quote][p][bold]mushypeaman[/bold] wrote: Do the Burnley morons really think one win is worth 35 years of Rovers supremacy. Come Rovers = one more please. If Burnley dont win this game it will ruin their season even if they get promoted.[/p][/quote]No they don't but I have seen Burnley go to Wembley, I've seen them gain promotion to the premier league, I've seen them beat the likes of Manchester United (pre Moyes) and Chelsea and I've seen them less that 5 minutes away from a league cup final yet I've never seen them beat rovers. It wouldn't equal an 11 game unbeaten run but it would be great but no you are mistaken in thinking that one loss or draw will ruin a potentially promotion winning season unless we miss out by a one point. northernchef
  • Score: 2

9:39pm Mon 3 Mar 14

look up blackburn says...

owd nick wrote:
mjp 53 wrote:
owd nick wrote:
McClaret wrote:
Does the transfer window ever close on the loan market? Hypothetically speaking could a championship club take a top prem player that has been benched after a fall out with his manager on loan?
Yep, I think it closes around the end of this month. not quite sure if the emergency loan system runs until the end of the season.
Maybe Bowyer could enlist the help of a local brickie if he cant get a defender in time, brick the whole goal up, because thats the only way they are going to stop us scoring.
Another one counting eggs before they have hatched, this is what being on top for the first time in 35 years does, it addles your brains, too much excitement and adrenalin.

It's very simple, all Rovers fans want to win this game but even the most optimistic accepts that it's very likely we won't because Burnley are a decent, settled team while Rovers are at the early stages of rebuilding and we can't ever be sure which Rovers team is going to turn up.

So it's all about expectation.

We lose, pretty upset but we didn't expect to win, back to the drawing board and look forward to the next game.

Draw, good point for both teams but we have the moral victory because it becomes 36 years and counting.

Burnley lose, total disaster simply because you need to win this game so much it hurts, you have to win because it's Rovers and in your minds they are such a poor side and much worse than you for the first time in years, therefore anything but 3 points and your season is ruined.

I can't wait for Sunday, I'm off playing golf for two days but I will be back in time for this game, I wouldn't miss it for the world.
If you lose it is the end of your season. This is your cup final. The only game that matters in the remainder of your pathetic, uninspiring, mid-table season.

We on the other hand have it all to play for and that is where your argument is severely flawed because yes we do need those 3 points, we need them more than ever because we are a team challenging for automatic promotion, a win could see us go 8 points clear of 3rd place with a good run of games to come, and some might even say 3 points at your expense could very well secure automatic promotion for Burnley.

Imagine that, Just imagine if you lot roll over and present us with 3 points gift-wrapped with a big claret and blue ribbon. How could you ever live with yourself knowing that you played your part in our glorious promotion?

If we lose we run the risk of Derby closing the gap to 2 points however we would still be in the driving seat with regard to automatic promotion. A setback but would only serve to drive the players on towards promotion at all costs.

If we draw we take another point towards automatic promotion. Disappointing but we'll then only need 18 points from the 12 remaining games. Should Derby win then we'd still have a 3 point gap plus the better goal difference (currently +8).

However......... if we win it will be the icing on the cake for this great season. We are well overdue a win, Danny Ings is due a goal or 3, we have smashed record after record with our performances this season and I cant help but feel deep down that this last, most irritating record will be smashed as well.

For the Clarets it's all to play for, Blackburn have nothing but pride to play for and unfortunately a team bereft of passion, fight, and belief, as shown in your utterly humiliating 4-0 spanking by lowly Bolton.

Sunday could be the day you have long feared.
[quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mjp 53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]McClaret[/bold] wrote: Does the transfer window ever close on the loan market? Hypothetically speaking could a championship club take a top prem player that has been benched after a fall out with his manager on loan?[/p][/quote]Yep, I think it closes around the end of this month. not quite sure if the emergency loan system runs until the end of the season.[/p][/quote]Maybe Bowyer could enlist the help of a local brickie if he cant get a defender in time, brick the whole goal up, because thats the only way they are going to stop us scoring.[/p][/quote]Another one counting eggs before they have hatched, this is what being on top for the first time in 35 years does, it addles your brains, too much excitement and adrenalin. It's very simple, all Rovers fans want to win this game but even the most optimistic accepts that it's very likely we won't because Burnley are a decent, settled team while Rovers are at the early stages of rebuilding and we can't ever be sure which Rovers team is going to turn up. So it's all about expectation. We lose, pretty upset but we didn't expect to win, back to the drawing board and look forward to the next game. Draw, good point for both teams but we have the moral victory because it becomes 36 years and counting. Burnley lose, total disaster simply because you need to win this game so much it hurts, you have to win because it's Rovers and in your minds they are such a poor side and much worse than you for the first time in years, therefore anything but 3 points and your season is ruined. I can't wait for Sunday, I'm off playing golf for two days but I will be back in time for this game, I wouldn't miss it for the world.[/p][/quote]If you lose it is the end of your season. This is your cup final. The only game that matters in the remainder of your pathetic, uninspiring, mid-table season. We on the other hand have it all to play for and that is where your argument is severely flawed because yes we do need those 3 points, we need them more than ever because we are a team challenging for automatic promotion, a win could see us go 8 points clear of 3rd place with a good run of games to come, and some might even say 3 points at your expense could very well secure automatic promotion for Burnley. Imagine that, Just imagine if you lot roll over and present us with 3 points gift-wrapped with a big claret and blue ribbon. How could you ever live with yourself knowing that you played your part in our glorious promotion? If we lose we run the risk of Derby closing the gap to 2 points however we would still be in the driving seat with regard to automatic promotion. A setback but would only serve to drive the players on towards promotion at all costs. If we draw we take another point towards automatic promotion. Disappointing but we'll then only need 18 points from the 12 remaining games. Should Derby win then we'd still have a 3 point gap plus the better goal difference (currently +8). However......... if we win it will be the icing on the cake for this great season. We are well overdue a win, Danny Ings is due a goal or 3, we have smashed record after record with our performances this season and I cant help but feel deep down that this last, most irritating record will be smashed as well. For the Clarets it's all to play for, Blackburn have nothing but pride to play for and unfortunately a team bereft of passion, fight, and belief, as shown in your utterly humiliating 4-0 spanking by lowly Bolton. Sunday could be the day you have long feared. look up blackburn
  • Score: 1

10:01pm Mon 3 Mar 14

tweeter and the monkey man says...

look.up.blackburn wrote:
The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday.

The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance.

Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss.

A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers.
Is this supposed to be funny?
Źzzzzzzzzzzzz
[quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn[/bold] wrote: The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday. The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance. Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss. A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers.[/p][/quote]Is this supposed to be funny? Źzzzzzzzzzzzz tweeter and the monkey man
  • Score: 0

10:17pm Mon 3 Mar 14

Full-Respect-For-K-Dog says...

northernchef wrote:
mushypeaman wrote:
Do the Burnley morons really think one win is worth 35 years of Rovers supremacy.
Come Rovers = one more please. If Burnley dont win this game it will ruin their season even if they get promoted.
No they don't but I have seen Burnley go to Wembley, I've seen them gain promotion to the premier league, I've seen them beat the likes of Manchester United (pre Moyes) and Chelsea and I've seen them less that 5 minutes away from a league cup final yet I've never seen them beat rovers. It wouldn't equal an 11 game unbeaten run but it would be great but no you are mistaken in thinking that one loss or draw will ruin a potentially promotion winning season unless we miss out by a one point.
It's just 3 points isn't it. Or one point. Or even no points.

Just a normal game, played by normal blokes, watched ny normal people.

Except Blackburn fans. They're all child eating grave robbing granny rapists (obviously)
[quote][p][bold]northernchef[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mushypeaman[/bold] wrote: Do the Burnley morons really think one win is worth 35 years of Rovers supremacy. Come Rovers = one more please. If Burnley dont win this game it will ruin their season even if they get promoted.[/p][/quote]No they don't but I have seen Burnley go to Wembley, I've seen them gain promotion to the premier league, I've seen them beat the likes of Manchester United (pre Moyes) and Chelsea and I've seen them less that 5 minutes away from a league cup final yet I've never seen them beat rovers. It wouldn't equal an 11 game unbeaten run but it would be great but no you are mistaken in thinking that one loss or draw will ruin a potentially promotion winning season unless we miss out by a one point.[/p][/quote]It's just 3 points isn't it. Or one point. Or even no points. Just a normal game, played by normal blokes, watched ny normal people. Except Blackburn fans. They're all child eating grave robbing granny rapists (obviously) Full-Respect-For-K-Dog
  • Score: 1

10:31pm Mon 3 Mar 14

jim 2012 says...

look.up.blackburn wrote:
The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday.

The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance.

Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss.

A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers.
you should write a book with all the knowledge about Blackburn
and while you re at it maybe you can give us all the benefit of the history of burnley football club and not just this season
[quote][p][bold]look.up.blackburn[/bold] wrote: The Blackburn branch of B&Q have been ordered to remove all lengths of rope from sale with immediate effect following reports that Blackburn Rovers fans are stocking up should the unthinkable happen and Burnley win at Ewood Park on Sunday. The town is currently in a state of mass hysteria given rampant Burnley's performances combined with Blackburn's decline into obscurity. Attendances at Ewood Park have dropped massively as supporters are now giving up on football altogether and spending their time practising how to tie noose's following Burnley's continued dominance. Blackburn officials have stated that the few remaining supporters are all on suicide watch following the 4-0 humiliation at Bolton. In the run up the big derby game with the Clarets several supporters have made it clear that they would prefer death to a loss. A sad time indeed in the history of Blackburn Rovers.[/p][/quote]you should write a book with all the knowledge about Blackburn and while you re at it maybe you can give us all the benefit of the history of burnley football club and not just this season jim 2012
  • Score: 1

10:39pm Mon 3 Mar 14

jim 2012 says...

northernchef wrote:
mushypeaman wrote:
Do the Burnley morons really think one win is worth 35 years of Rovers supremacy.
Come Rovers = one more please. If Burnley dont win this game it will ruin their season even if they get promoted.
No they don't but I have seen Burnley go to Wembley, I've seen them gain promotion to the premier league, I've seen them beat the likes of Manchester United (pre Moyes) and Chelsea and I've seen them less that 5 minutes away from a league cup final yet I've never seen them beat rovers. It wouldn't equal an 11 game unbeaten run but it would be great but no you are mistaken in thinking that one loss or draw will ruin a potentially promotion winning season unless we miss out by a one point.
the last time you beat rovers Boxing Day 1978
[quote][p][bold]northernchef[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mushypeaman[/bold] wrote: Do the Burnley morons really think one win is worth 35 years of Rovers supremacy. Come Rovers = one more please. If Burnley dont win this game it will ruin their season even if they get promoted.[/p][/quote]No they don't but I have seen Burnley go to Wembley, I've seen them gain promotion to the premier league, I've seen them beat the likes of Manchester United (pre Moyes) and Chelsea and I've seen them less that 5 minutes away from a league cup final yet I've never seen them beat rovers. It wouldn't equal an 11 game unbeaten run but it would be great but no you are mistaken in thinking that one loss or draw will ruin a potentially promotion winning season unless we miss out by a one point.[/p][/quote]the last time you beat rovers Boxing Day 1978 jim 2012
  • Score: -1

10:44pm Mon 3 Mar 14

jim 2012 says...

jim 2012 wrote:
northernchef wrote:
mushypeaman wrote:
Do the Burnley morons really think one win is worth 35 years of Rovers supremacy.
Come Rovers = one more please. If Burnley dont win this game it will ruin their season even if they get promoted.
No they don't but I have seen Burnley go to Wembley, I've seen them gain promotion to the premier league, I've seen them beat the likes of Manchester United (pre Moyes) and Chelsea and I've seen them less that 5 minutes away from a league cup final yet I've never seen them beat rovers. It wouldn't equal an 11 game unbeaten run but it would be great but no you are mistaken in thinking that one loss or draw will ruin a potentially promotion winning season unless we miss out by a one point.
the last time you beat rovers Boxing Day 1978
The last time Burnley beat the Blackburn Rovers was on 14th April 1979 in the English Division 2 (Old). The score was Burnley 2 - 1 Blackburn
[quote][p][bold]jim 2012[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]northernchef[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mushypeaman[/bold] wrote: Do the Burnley morons really think one win is worth 35 years of Rovers supremacy. Come Rovers = one more please. If Burnley dont win this game it will ruin their season even if they get promoted.[/p][/quote]No they don't but I have seen Burnley go to Wembley, I've seen them gain promotion to the premier league, I've seen them beat the likes of Manchester United (pre Moyes) and Chelsea and I've seen them less that 5 minutes away from a league cup final yet I've never seen them beat rovers. It wouldn't equal an 11 game unbeaten run but it would be great but no you are mistaken in thinking that one loss or draw will ruin a potentially promotion winning season unless we miss out by a one point.[/p][/quote]the last time you beat rovers Boxing Day 1978[/p][/quote]The last time Burnley beat the Blackburn Rovers was on 14th April 1979 in the English Division 2 (Old). The score was Burnley 2 - 1 Blackburn jim 2012
  • Score: 0

10:52pm Mon 3 Mar 14

goldfinger59 says...

I predict a win for Rovers and this will have a knock on effect on the rest of Burnleys season, they will remain in the top six but get beaten in the play offs.
I predict a win for Rovers and this will have a knock on effect on the rest of Burnleys season, they will remain in the top six but get beaten in the play offs. goldfinger59
  • Score: 1

11:15pm Mon 3 Mar 14

look up blackburn says...

goldfinger59 wrote:
I predict a win for Rovers and this will have a knock on effect on the rest of Burnleys season, they will remain in the top six but get beaten in the play offs.
You predict a win for Rovers but there's no mention of you joining us in your fantasy play-off's, does this mean that you've already accepted that you are not good enough to reach the play-off's?

In which case does your entire season now revolve around Burnley not achieving automatic promotion?
[quote][p][bold]goldfinger59[/bold] wrote: I predict a win for Rovers and this will have a knock on effect on the rest of Burnleys season, they will remain in the top six but get beaten in the play offs.[/p][/quote]You predict a win for Rovers but there's no mention of you joining us in your fantasy play-off's, does this mean that you've already accepted that you are not good enough to reach the play-off's? In which case does your entire season now revolve around Burnley not achieving automatic promotion? look up blackburn
  • Score: 1

11:37pm Mon 3 Mar 14

baldie says...

goldfinger59 wrote:
I predict a win for Rovers and this will have a knock on effect on the rest of Burnleys season, they will remain in the top six but get beaten in the play offs.
I hope we don't lose,but if we do.we'll come on here on Sunday night and discuss it,like real men do.
[quote][p][bold]goldfinger59[/bold] wrote: I predict a win for Rovers and this will have a knock on effect on the rest of Burnleys season, they will remain in the top six but get beaten in the play offs.[/p][/quote]I hope we don't lose,but if we do.we'll come on here on Sunday night and discuss it,like real men do. baldie
  • Score: 2

9:37am Tue 4 Mar 14

owd nick says...

Just shows how thick some Burnley fans are with their constant references to a cup final.

It's impossible to have a cup final in a league structure because until the final game of the season is played there is always another game.

For the ill informed knobhead troll; a cup final comes at the end of a knock out competition, you start with, say 128 teams, get drawn against one of them, play a game and if you win you play the next game against one of the remaining 63 teams in the competition, and so on until if you are lucky you reach the final 2.

That is a cup final, one of the two participants walks away with a trophy usually in the shape of a cup.

I explained that to my daughter when she was 5, she understood it.

Hope that helps.
Just shows how thick some Burnley fans are with their constant references to a cup final. It's impossible to have a cup final in a league structure because until the final game of the season is played there is always another game. For the ill informed knobhead troll; a cup final comes at the end of a knock out competition, you start with, say 128 teams, get drawn against one of them, play a game and if you win you play the next game against one of the remaining 63 teams in the competition, and so on until if you are lucky you reach the final 2. That is a cup final, one of the two participants walks away with a trophy usually in the shape of a cup. I explained that to my daughter when she was 5, she understood it. Hope that helps. owd nick
  • Score: 0

12:55pm Tue 4 Mar 14

junction10 says...

owd nick wrote:
mjp 53 wrote:
owd nick wrote:
McClaret wrote: Does the transfer window ever close on the loan market? Hypothetically speaking could a championship club take a top prem player that has been benched after a fall out with his manager on loan?
Yep, I think it closes around the end of this month. not quite sure if the emergency loan system runs until the end of the season.
Maybe Bowyer could enlist the help of a local brickie if he cant get a defender in time, brick the whole goal up, because thats the only way they are going to stop us scoring.
Another one counting eggs before they have hatched, this is what being on top for the first time in 35 years does, it addles your brains, too much excitement and adrenalin. It's very simple, all Rovers fans want to win this game but even the most optimistic accepts that it's very likely we won't because Burnley are a decent, settled team while Rovers are at the early stages of rebuilding and we can't ever be sure which Rovers team is going to turn up. So it's all about expectation. We lose, pretty upset but we didn't expect to win, back to the drawing board and look forward to the next game. Draw, good point for both teams but we have the moral victory because it becomes 36 years and counting. Burnley lose, total disaster simply because you need to win this game so much it hurts, you have to win because it's Rovers and in your minds they are such a poor side and much worse than you for the first time in years, therefore anything but 3 points and your season is ruined. I can't wait for Sunday, I'm off playing golf for two days but I will be back in time for this game, I wouldn't miss it for the world.
"A draw good point for both teams". Sorry but speak for yourself there. The fact we're playing our nearest rivals apart, a draw against a poor side sitting mid table who just got tonked 4-0 off an even poorer side isn't a "good point" for us...it's two points we've let slip. Centre halves or no centre halves, Burnley are going to come flying at you, and I cannot see it going any other way than an away win.
[quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mjp 53[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]McClaret[/bold] wrote: Does the transfer window ever close on the loan market? Hypothetically speaking could a championship club take a top prem player that has been benched after a fall out with his manager on loan?[/p][/quote]Yep, I think it closes around the end of this month. not quite sure if the emergency loan system runs until the end of the season.[/p][/quote]Maybe Bowyer could enlist the help of a local brickie if he cant get a defender in time, brick the whole goal up, because thats the only way they are going to stop us scoring.[/p][/quote]Another one counting eggs before they have hatched, this is what being on top for the first time in 35 years does, it addles your brains, too much excitement and adrenalin. It's very simple, all Rovers fans want to win this game but even the most optimistic accepts that it's very likely we won't because Burnley are a decent, settled team while Rovers are at the early stages of rebuilding and we can't ever be sure which Rovers team is going to turn up. So it's all about expectation. We lose, pretty upset but we didn't expect to win, back to the drawing board and look forward to the next game. Draw, good point for both teams but we have the moral victory because it becomes 36 years and counting. Burnley lose, total disaster simply because you need to win this game so much it hurts, you have to win because it's Rovers and in your minds they are such a poor side and much worse than you for the first time in years, therefore anything but 3 points and your season is ruined. I can't wait for Sunday, I'm off playing golf for two days but I will be back in time for this game, I wouldn't miss it for the world.[/p][/quote]"A draw good point for both teams". Sorry but speak for yourself there. The fact we're playing our nearest rivals apart, a draw against a poor side sitting mid table who just got tonked 4-0 off an even poorer side isn't a "good point" for us...it's two points we've let slip. Centre halves or no centre halves, Burnley are going to come flying at you, and I cannot see it going any other way than an away win. junction10
  • Score: 0

1:35pm Tue 4 Mar 14

kfc yummy says...

wolsty wrote:
kfc yummy wrote:
When are you gonna push for a playoff place lads.
Why??
Because????
[quote][p][bold]wolsty[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kfc yummy[/bold] wrote: When are you gonna push for a playoff place lads.[/p][/quote]Why??[/p][/quote]Because???? kfc yummy
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree