Blackburn Rovers star Dunn eager to spearhead top six charge

This Is Lancashire: David Dunn David Dunn

BLACKBURN Rovers talisman David Dunn is hopeful of returning to the starting XI after injury this weekend insisting that Gary Bowyer’s new-look side can gatecrash the top six.

Dunn admits his latest injury setback was a result of his own over-enthusiasm, but the fit-again midfielder is now fully over his hamstring strain having played 70 minutes for Rovers U21s on Monday night.

And the 34-year-old believes Rovers can be confident of a result against fellow top six hopefuls Derby despite shipping nine goals in their last two games against Manchester City and Nottingham Forest.

“Our home form has been pretty good, it’s just that the emotional and physical output we put into the Manchester City games showed a little bit and took it out of us against Forest, said Dunn.

“But we’ve got a good group now and I’m very confident that we can go on and have a good run.”

“The lads have been fantastic for the last few weeks and we’re looking like a good team.

“Derby is going to be a massive game for us. Their away form is very good so we’ll have to be at our best.”

Dunn missed four games over the festive period after hurting his hamstring while ‘flying around’ in training.

And, having come off the bench in last Saturday’s loss at Forest, he is ready to start his first match since he inspired the victory at Yeovil Town on December 21.

Dunn added: “It was a little disappointing to do my hamstring on Christmas Eve.

“It was a case of me being me, flying around, so in hindsight I should have relaxed a little bit.

“But I don’t think I’m ever going to change. So, as I say, it was little bit disappointing.

“But it’s all good now, I felt pretty sharp on Saturday when I came on so hopefully I can be in contention for a place against Derby.”

Dunn’s passion also led him to asking Rovers boss Gary Bowyer to play in the U21 Premier League clash with Norwich City.

The former England international produced a committed display and it was no coincidence that after he was withdrawn Rovers conceded three late goals.

Dunn said: “I just love playing football. A game was there, I hadn’t started a game for a while, so it was the perfect opportunity to get some minutes under my belt.”

Meanwhile, Rovers are awaiting confirmation that Bradley Orr’s year-long loan to FC Toronto has gone through.

The Major League Soccer outfit will have the option to buy the right back when the loan runs out in December.

Orr is contracted to Rovers until the summer of 2015.

Comments (35)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:12am Thu 23 Jan 14

Steven Seagull says...

After a large mixed grill on a nan bread with salad and chilli sauce.
After a large mixed grill on a nan bread with salad and chilli sauce. Steven Seagull
  • Score: -29

10:14am Thu 23 Jan 14

bburnrover says...

Ney lad you only last 40 mins a game and average two matches before your injured again but we do appreciate the efforts you have put in over the years. Its time GB looked for a young replacement and you should think about taking your coaching badges so you can coach our kids how to play attacking football.
Ney lad you only last 40 mins a game and average two matches before your injured again but we do appreciate the efforts you have put in over the years. Its time GB looked for a young replacement and you should think about taking your coaching badges so you can coach our kids how to play attacking football. bburnrover
  • Score: 20

10:18am Thu 23 Jan 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

Can't believe that fat sicknote is still trousering thousands of pounds out of Rovers.
Can't believe that fat sicknote is still trousering thousands of pounds out of Rovers. Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: -36

10:23am Thu 23 Jan 14

bburnrover says...

When will Gb arrive back in Blighty with his transfer funds?
When will Gb arrive back in Blighty with his transfer funds? bburnrover
  • Score: 7

10:31am Thu 23 Jan 14

owd nick says...

One thing for certain, Dunny the Dingle Slayer will be totally involved on or off the pitch, 9th of March 2014 is looming, WLYV and his other troll ID's will disappear shortly after 2.40 pm that day.
One thing for certain, Dunny the Dingle Slayer will be totally involved on or off the pitch, 9th of March 2014 is looming, WLYV and his other troll ID's will disappear shortly after 2.40 pm that day. owd nick
  • Score: 17

10:31am Thu 23 Jan 14

Steven Seagull says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
Can't believe that fat sicknote is still trousering thousands of pounds out of Rovers.
I can. They seem to like giving has beens and no marks huge contracts, after all they've got deep pockets and are financially sound.............oh
...hang on a minute.
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: Can't believe that fat sicknote is still trousering thousands of pounds out of Rovers.[/p][/quote]I can. They seem to like giving has beens and no marks huge contracts, after all they've got deep pockets and are financially sound.............oh ...hang on a minute. Steven Seagull
  • Score: -26

10:35am Thu 23 Jan 14

Steven Seagull says...

owd nick wrote:
One thing for certain, Dunny the Dingle Slayer will be totally involved on or off the pitch, 9th of March 2014 is looming, WLYV and his other troll ID's will disappear shortly after 2.40 pm that day.
I'll guarantee right now that David "Michelle Mcmanus" Dunn will announce a last minute mysterious injury that'll keep him out of the match just like in September when he lost his bottle.
[quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: One thing for certain, Dunny the Dingle Slayer will be totally involved on or off the pitch, 9th of March 2014 is looming, WLYV and his other troll ID's will disappear shortly after 2.40 pm that day.[/p][/quote]I'll guarantee right now that David "Michelle Mcmanus" Dunn will announce a last minute mysterious injury that'll keep him out of the match just like in September when he lost his bottle. Steven Seagull
  • Score: -22

11:10am Thu 23 Jan 14

adcr says...

Think I'd keep Dunny on the bench (due to injury and fitness concerns) and use him as an impact sub. For the time being I would stick with Rhodes and Ruddy, although this could change when we bring in another striker this window.

Rhodes and Fryatt (hopefully) with Ruddy and Dunn as back up, is as good as any forward line in this league.
Think I'd keep Dunny on the bench (due to injury and fitness concerns) and use him as an impact sub. For the time being I would stick with Rhodes and Ruddy, although this could change when we bring in another striker this window. Rhodes and Fryatt (hopefully) with Ruddy and Dunn as back up, is as good as any forward line in this league. adcr
  • Score: 10

11:13am Thu 23 Jan 14

chicken.pluckers says...

David "Kebab Slayer" Dunn's latest "injury" due to him "flying about" in training was no doubt cleverly planned to allow him a relaxing Christmas and an extra few mince pies. This rotund clown offers you a maximum of 60 minutes a game, 7 times a season, in return for his whopping salary. He costs your club somewhere in the region of £250,000 every time he plays and only ever puts a run of games together when his contract is running down. The hero worship he receives from the imbeciles is truly laughable considering he sh!t out of the last Derby and will do so once again in March. His impact on games was apparent in the 5-0 under 21 mauling the other day. David is well and truly Done.
David "Kebab Slayer" Dunn's latest "injury" due to him "flying about" in training was no doubt cleverly planned to allow him a relaxing Christmas and an extra few mince pies. This rotund clown offers you a maximum of 60 minutes a game, 7 times a season, in return for his whopping salary. He costs your club somewhere in the region of £250,000 every time he plays and only ever puts a run of games together when his contract is running down. The hero worship he receives from the imbeciles is truly laughable considering he sh!t out of the last Derby and will do so once again in March. His impact on games was apparent in the 5-0 under 21 mauling the other day. David is well and truly Done. chicken.pluckers
  • Score: -14

11:13am Thu 23 Jan 14

Roverthere says...

Less talk and more action please. The proof of the puding will be om Saturday!
Less talk and more action please. The proof of the puding will be om Saturday! Roverthere
  • Score: 11

11:17am Thu 23 Jan 14

OnePostThenTheOther says...

Eager to spearhead as long as I get to play when I want, in whatever position I want, for as long as want and another club doesn't come in with a better offer (maybe Birmingham or Hull)

just "getting real" as per instruction
Eager to spearhead as long as I get to play when I want, in whatever position I want, for as long as want and another club doesn't come in with a better offer (maybe Birmingham or Hull) just "getting real" as per instruction OnePostThenTheOther
  • Score: -11

11:21am Thu 23 Jan 14

OnePostThenTheOther says...

Talking of 5-0 maulings, oh how laughed on 01/04/2001.

"Five nil and you can't go home"

Cue merciless toilet smashing ........
Talking of 5-0 maulings, oh how laughed on 01/04/2001. "Five nil and you can't go home" Cue merciless toilet smashing ........ OnePostThenTheOther
  • Score: 15

12:04pm Thu 23 Jan 14

djbonlee says...

It amazes me how this Burnley lot seem to know more about our players contracts than we do.
It amazes me how this Burnley lot seem to know more about our players contracts than we do. djbonlee
  • Score: 13

12:17pm Thu 23 Jan 14

A Rover 45 years and over says...

Another example of GB being soft with this guy. Not fit, can't play two games back to back because he needed resting. and will be injured again soon after playing. Thats why he has been missing for most of the season. He will only be taking someone's place who doesn't deserve to be dropped and will probably be a striker. Most of GB's problems this season is down to not playing two strikers on a regular basis and if he doesn't start playing Gestede and Rhodes together it will be time for me to consider to stop going because I am sick of watching this Rubbish forward line Gary keeps putting out and constantanly changing tatics match after match win or loose. Lets face it he doesn't know what to do in this department because he is too cautious most of the time.
Another example of GB being soft with this guy. Not fit, can't play two games back to back because he needed resting. and will be injured again soon after playing. Thats why he has been missing for most of the season. He will only be taking someone's place who doesn't deserve to be dropped and will probably be a striker. Most of GB's problems this season is down to not playing two strikers on a regular basis and if he doesn't start playing Gestede and Rhodes together it will be time for me to consider to stop going because I am sick of watching this Rubbish forward line Gary keeps putting out and constantanly changing tatics match after match win or loose. Lets face it he doesn't know what to do in this department because he is too cautious most of the time. A Rover 45 years and over
  • Score: 2

12:31pm Thu 23 Jan 14

dangerous dave says...

owd nick wrote:
One thing for certain, Dunny the Dingle Slayer will be totally involved on or off the pitch, 9th of March 2014 is looming, WLYV and his other troll ID's will disappear shortly after 2.40 pm that day.
dont count your ' venky chickens before they are hatched' - Dunn big earner - plays one game - out for next six - unfortunately he's past his sell by date and needs taking off the wage bill along with the other high earners plus Hendry of course!!
OUT WITH THE COWBOYS AND INDIANS
[quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: One thing for certain, Dunny the Dingle Slayer will be totally involved on or off the pitch, 9th of March 2014 is looming, WLYV and his other troll ID's will disappear shortly after 2.40 pm that day.[/p][/quote]dont count your ' venky chickens before they are hatched' - Dunn big earner - plays one game - out for next six - unfortunately he's past his sell by date and needs taking off the wage bill along with the other high earners plus Hendry of course!! OUT WITH THE COWBOYS AND INDIANS dangerous dave
  • Score: -7

12:39pm Thu 23 Jan 14

Ronaldpetercooper says...

Who on earth authorised that contract with Orr should be reprimanded for such nonsense. It goes a long way to explaining where we have been shafted. This and DJs permanent signing really does say it all and will prove that our so called back room staff and advisers are not exactly the sharpest knives in the box. Heaven help us from these incompetents!
Who on earth authorised that contract with Orr should be reprimanded for such nonsense. It goes a long way to explaining where we have been shafted. This and DJs permanent signing really does say it all and will prove that our so called back room staff and advisers are not exactly the sharpest knives in the box. Heaven help us from these incompetents! Ronaldpetercooper
  • Score: 2

12:43pm Thu 23 Jan 14

MatthewCA says...

GET few players from the top fight bench who is hungry to prove his manager , I am better than current 11.
GET few players from the top fight bench who is hungry to prove his manager , I am better than current 11. MatthewCA
  • Score: -1

12:55pm Thu 23 Jan 14

Wild Rover says...

chicken.pluckers wrote:
David "Kebab Slayer" Dunn's latest "injury" due to him "flying about" in training was no doubt cleverly planned to allow him a relaxing Christmas and an extra few mince pies. This rotund clown offers you a maximum of 60 minutes a game, 7 times a season, in return for his whopping salary. He costs your club somewhere in the region of £250,000 every time he plays and only ever puts a run of games together when his contract is running down. The hero worship he receives from the imbeciles is truly laughable considering he sh!t out of the last Derby and will do so once again in March. His impact on games was apparent in the 5-0 under 21 mauling the other day. David is well and truly Done.
Ohh how I will chuckle come March when David slots the winner, tis written in the stars Baldric...
You just keep rolling up the karma fool
[quote][p][bold]chicken.pluckers[/bold] wrote: David "Kebab Slayer" Dunn's latest "injury" due to him "flying about" in training was no doubt cleverly planned to allow him a relaxing Christmas and an extra few mince pies. This rotund clown offers you a maximum of 60 minutes a game, 7 times a season, in return for his whopping salary. He costs your club somewhere in the region of £250,000 every time he plays and only ever puts a run of games together when his contract is running down. The hero worship he receives from the imbeciles is truly laughable considering he sh!t out of the last Derby and will do so once again in March. His impact on games was apparent in the 5-0 under 21 mauling the other day. David is well and truly Done.[/p][/quote]Ohh how I will chuckle come March when David slots the winner, tis written in the stars Baldric... You just keep rolling up the karma fool Wild Rover
  • Score: 5

1:03pm Thu 23 Jan 14

Wild Rover says...

A Rover 45 years and over wrote:
Another example of GB being soft with this guy. Not fit, can't play two games back to back because he needed resting. and will be injured again soon after playing. Thats why he has been missing for most of the season. He will only be taking someone's place who doesn't deserve to be dropped and will probably be a striker. Most of GB's problems this season is down to not playing two strikers on a regular basis and if he doesn't start playing Gestede and Rhodes together it will be time for me to consider to stop going because I am sick of watching this Rubbish forward line Gary keeps putting out and constantanly changing tatics match after match win or loose. Lets face it he doesn't know what to do in this department because he is too cautious most of the time.
Funny how most of us on Ewood and have noted that we have put in our best displays/results when zDunn plays.
Kinda makes your threat to stay away a bit empty as you dont sound like you have actually seen a match...
Yeah it would be nice to have a younger, fitter playmaker but most teams would want the same. I would like to win the Lotto but meantime I manage with what I have.
[quote][p][bold]A Rover 45 years and over[/bold] wrote: Another example of GB being soft with this guy. Not fit, can't play two games back to back because he needed resting. and will be injured again soon after playing. Thats why he has been missing for most of the season. He will only be taking someone's place who doesn't deserve to be dropped and will probably be a striker. Most of GB's problems this season is down to not playing two strikers on a regular basis and if he doesn't start playing Gestede and Rhodes together it will be time for me to consider to stop going because I am sick of watching this Rubbish forward line Gary keeps putting out and constantanly changing tatics match after match win or loose. Lets face it he doesn't know what to do in this department because he is too cautious most of the time.[/p][/quote]Funny how most of us on Ewood and have noted that we have put in our best displays/results when zDunn plays. Kinda makes your threat to stay away a bit empty as you dont sound like you have actually seen a match... Yeah it would be nice to have a younger, fitter playmaker but most teams would want the same. I would like to win the Lotto but meantime I manage with what I have. Wild Rover
  • Score: 6

1:25pm Thu 23 Jan 14

chicken.pluckers says...

Wild Rover wrote:
chicken.pluckers wrote:
David "Kebab Slayer" Dunn's latest "injury" due to him "flying about" in training was no doubt cleverly planned to allow him a relaxing Christmas and an extra few mince pies. This rotund clown offers you a maximum of 60 minutes a game, 7 times a season, in return for his whopping salary. He costs your club somewhere in the region of £250,000 every time he plays and only ever puts a run of games together when his contract is running down. The hero worship he receives from the imbeciles is truly laughable considering he sh!t out of the last Derby and will do so once again in March. His impact on games was apparent in the 5-0 under 21 mauling the other day. David is well and truly Done.
Ohh how I will chuckle come March when David slots the winner, tis written in the stars Baldric...
You just keep rolling up the karma fool
Unfortunately for you Mungo, karma is what you morons are currently experiencing, and given all those years of thinking you were in some way better than Burnley, you have a lot more payback in the post.

Burnley taking the 3 points at Ewood in March will be just the boost we need to secure that promotion and the riches of the Premier League, while little old Blackburn Rovers flounder in the 2nd tier until Venky's pull the plug and you slide down the divisions, transfer embargo, administration, points deduction, relegation.

Karma.
[quote][p][bold]Wild Rover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chicken.pluckers[/bold] wrote: David "Kebab Slayer" Dunn's latest "injury" due to him "flying about" in training was no doubt cleverly planned to allow him a relaxing Christmas and an extra few mince pies. This rotund clown offers you a maximum of 60 minutes a game, 7 times a season, in return for his whopping salary. He costs your club somewhere in the region of £250,000 every time he plays and only ever puts a run of games together when his contract is running down. The hero worship he receives from the imbeciles is truly laughable considering he sh!t out of the last Derby and will do so once again in March. His impact on games was apparent in the 5-0 under 21 mauling the other day. David is well and truly Done.[/p][/quote]Ohh how I will chuckle come March when David slots the winner, tis written in the stars Baldric... You just keep rolling up the karma fool[/p][/quote]Unfortunately for you Mungo, karma is what you morons are currently experiencing, and given all those years of thinking you were in some way better than Burnley, you have a lot more payback in the post. Burnley taking the 3 points at Ewood in March will be just the boost we need to secure that promotion and the riches of the Premier League, while little old Blackburn Rovers flounder in the 2nd tier until Venky's pull the plug and you slide down the divisions, transfer embargo, administration, points deduction, relegation. Karma. chicken.pluckers
  • Score: -2

1:49pm Thu 23 Jan 14

ChrisDeBerg says...

Steven Seagull wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
Can't believe that fat sicknote is still trousering thousands of pounds out of Rovers.
I can. They seem to like giving has beens and no marks huge contracts, after all they've got deep pockets and are financially sound.............oh

...hang on a minute.
I can't believe that either of you are bothered about how much he is pocketing from rovers... I also can't believe how much you come on here and comment, well, troll the comments of another football team's supporters! I'd go to the dingles page and retaliate, but then it wouldn't be fair on the true BFC supporters that want to talk about Burnley going-ons, secondly... I'm not a knobhead..... Take the hint FOOLS!!
[quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: Can't believe that fat sicknote is still trousering thousands of pounds out of Rovers.[/p][/quote]I can. They seem to like giving has beens and no marks huge contracts, after all they've got deep pockets and are financially sound.............oh ...hang on a minute.[/p][/quote]I can't believe that either of you are bothered about how much he is pocketing from rovers... I also can't believe how much you come on here and comment, well, troll the comments of another football team's supporters! I'd go to the dingles page and retaliate, but then it wouldn't be fair on the true BFC supporters that want to talk about Burnley going-ons, secondly... I'm not a knobhead..... Take the hint FOOLS!! ChrisDeBerg
  • Score: 3

2:04pm Thu 23 Jan 14

noddy57 says...

bburnrover wrote:
Ney lad you only last 40 mins a game and average two matches before your injured again but we do appreciate the efforts you have put in over the years. Its time GB looked for a young replacement and you should think about taking your coaching badges so you can coach our kids how to play attacking football.
that,s about just right for Dunny, he,s Blackburn through and through but he should take a back seat and bring on the youngsters,, we need more guile and young blood to finish the season,,
[quote][p][bold]bburnrover[/bold] wrote: Ney lad you only last 40 mins a game and average two matches before your injured again but we do appreciate the efforts you have put in over the years. Its time GB looked for a young replacement and you should think about taking your coaching badges so you can coach our kids how to play attacking football.[/p][/quote]that,s about just right for Dunny, he,s Blackburn through and through but he should take a back seat and bring on the youngsters,, we need more guile and young blood to finish the season,, noddy57
  • Score: 0

2:46pm Thu 23 Jan 14

Rovers 1495 says...

chicken.pluckers wrote:
Wild Rover wrote:
chicken.pluckers wrote:
David "Kebab Slayer" Dunn's latest "injury" due to him "flying about" in training was no doubt cleverly planned to allow him a relaxing Christmas and an extra few mince pies. This rotund clown offers you a maximum of 60 minutes a game, 7 times a season, in return for his whopping salary. He costs your club somewhere in the region of £250,000 every time he plays and only ever puts a run of games together when his contract is running down. The hero worship he receives from the imbeciles is truly laughable considering he sh!t out of the last Derby and will do so once again in March. His impact on games was apparent in the 5-0 under 21 mauling the other day. David is well and truly Done.
Ohh how I will chuckle come March when David slots the winner, tis written in the stars Baldric...
You just keep rolling up the karma fool
Unfortunately for you Mungo, karma is what you morons are currently experiencing, and given all those years of thinking you were in some way better than Burnley, you have a lot more payback in the post.

Burnley taking the 3 points at Ewood in March will be just the boost we need to secure that promotion and the riches of the Premier League, while little old Blackburn Rovers flounder in the 2nd tier until Venky's pull the plug and you slide down the divisions, transfer embargo, administration, points deduction, relegation.

Karma.
I'm just rearranging the letters in your post again, wluv, and it reads 'Premier League champions 1995' ... so subtle
[quote][p][bold]chicken.pluckers[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wild Rover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chicken.pluckers[/bold] wrote: David "Kebab Slayer" Dunn's latest "injury" due to him "flying about" in training was no doubt cleverly planned to allow him a relaxing Christmas and an extra few mince pies. This rotund clown offers you a maximum of 60 minutes a game, 7 times a season, in return for his whopping salary. He costs your club somewhere in the region of £250,000 every time he plays and only ever puts a run of games together when his contract is running down. The hero worship he receives from the imbeciles is truly laughable considering he sh!t out of the last Derby and will do so once again in March. His impact on games was apparent in the 5-0 under 21 mauling the other day. David is well and truly Done.[/p][/quote]Ohh how I will chuckle come March when David slots the winner, tis written in the stars Baldric... You just keep rolling up the karma fool[/p][/quote]Unfortunately for you Mungo, karma is what you morons are currently experiencing, and given all those years of thinking you were in some way better than Burnley, you have a lot more payback in the post. Burnley taking the 3 points at Ewood in March will be just the boost we need to secure that promotion and the riches of the Premier League, while little old Blackburn Rovers flounder in the 2nd tier until Venky's pull the plug and you slide down the divisions, transfer embargo, administration, points deduction, relegation. Karma.[/p][/quote]I'm just rearranging the letters in your post again, wluv, and it reads 'Premier League champions 1995' ... so subtle Rovers 1495
  • Score: 5

2:59pm Thu 23 Jan 14

chicken.pluckers says...

Rovers 1495 wrote:
chicken.pluckers wrote:
Wild Rover wrote:
chicken.pluckers wrote:
David "Kebab Slayer" Dunn's latest "injury" due to him "flying about" in training was no doubt cleverly planned to allow him a relaxing Christmas and an extra few mince pies. This rotund clown offers you a maximum of 60 minutes a game, 7 times a season, in return for his whopping salary. He costs your club somewhere in the region of £250,000 every time he plays and only ever puts a run of games together when his contract is running down. The hero worship he receives from the imbeciles is truly laughable considering he sh!t out of the last Derby and will do so once again in March. His impact on games was apparent in the 5-0 under 21 mauling the other day. David is well and truly Done.
Ohh how I will chuckle come March when David slots the winner, tis written in the stars Baldric...
You just keep rolling up the karma fool
Unfortunately for you Mungo, karma is what you morons are currently experiencing, and given all those years of thinking you were in some way better than Burnley, you have a lot more payback in the post.

Burnley taking the 3 points at Ewood in March will be just the boost we need to secure that promotion and the riches of the Premier League, while little old Blackburn Rovers flounder in the 2nd tier until Venky's pull the plug and you slide down the divisions, transfer embargo, administration, points deduction, relegation.

Karma.
I'm just rearranging the letters in your post again, wluv, and it reads 'Premier League champions 1995' ... so subtle
It also reads "relegated in disgrace with a chicken on the pitch".

14 points.
[quote][p][bold]Rovers 1495[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chicken.pluckers[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wild Rover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chicken.pluckers[/bold] wrote: David "Kebab Slayer" Dunn's latest "injury" due to him "flying about" in training was no doubt cleverly planned to allow him a relaxing Christmas and an extra few mince pies. This rotund clown offers you a maximum of 60 minutes a game, 7 times a season, in return for his whopping salary. He costs your club somewhere in the region of £250,000 every time he plays and only ever puts a run of games together when his contract is running down. The hero worship he receives from the imbeciles is truly laughable considering he sh!t out of the last Derby and will do so once again in March. His impact on games was apparent in the 5-0 under 21 mauling the other day. David is well and truly Done.[/p][/quote]Ohh how I will chuckle come March when David slots the winner, tis written in the stars Baldric... You just keep rolling up the karma fool[/p][/quote]Unfortunately for you Mungo, karma is what you morons are currently experiencing, and given all those years of thinking you were in some way better than Burnley, you have a lot more payback in the post. Burnley taking the 3 points at Ewood in March will be just the boost we need to secure that promotion and the riches of the Premier League, while little old Blackburn Rovers flounder in the 2nd tier until Venky's pull the plug and you slide down the divisions, transfer embargo, administration, points deduction, relegation. Karma.[/p][/quote]I'm just rearranging the letters in your post again, wluv, and it reads 'Premier League champions 1995' ... so subtle[/p][/quote]It also reads "relegated in disgrace with a chicken on the pitch". 14 points. chicken.pluckers
  • Score: -3

3:01pm Thu 23 Jan 14

MxMave says...

Still our best player... What happens when he retires? League one?
Still our best player... What happens when he retires? League one? MxMave
  • Score: 2

4:05pm Thu 23 Jan 14

Lancs - pensioner says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
Can't believe that fat sicknote is still trousering thousands of pounds out of Rovers.
You will soon see why at Ewood when we play u lot!!
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: Can't believe that fat sicknote is still trousering thousands of pounds out of Rovers.[/p][/quote]You will soon see why at Ewood when we play u lot!! Lancs - pensioner
  • Score: 3

4:36pm Thu 23 Jan 14

owd nick says...

ChrisDeBerg wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
Can't believe that fat sicknote is still trousering thousands of pounds out of Rovers.
I can. They seem to like giving has beens and no marks huge contracts, after all they've got deep pockets and are financially sound.............oh


...hang on a minute.
I can't believe that either of you are bothered about how much he is pocketing from rovers... I also can't believe how much you come on here and comment, well, troll the comments of another football team's supporters! I'd go to the dingles page and retaliate, but then it wouldn't be fair on the true BFC supporters that want to talk about Burnley going-ons, secondly... I'm not a knobhead..... Take the hint FOOLS!!
Pointless going on the Burnley site Chris, there is so little interest you could grow Cabbages in the dust.
[quote][p][bold]ChrisDeBerg[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: Can't believe that fat sicknote is still trousering thousands of pounds out of Rovers.[/p][/quote]I can. They seem to like giving has beens and no marks huge contracts, after all they've got deep pockets and are financially sound.............oh ...hang on a minute.[/p][/quote]I can't believe that either of you are bothered about how much he is pocketing from rovers... I also can't believe how much you come on here and comment, well, troll the comments of another football team's supporters! I'd go to the dingles page and retaliate, but then it wouldn't be fair on the true BFC supporters that want to talk about Burnley going-ons, secondly... I'm not a knobhead..... Take the hint FOOLS!![/p][/quote]Pointless going on the Burnley site Chris, there is so little interest you could grow Cabbages in the dust. owd nick
  • Score: 1

4:44pm Thu 23 Jan 14

Bill Carson says...

Can't believe it! Yet another Rovers player talking up the next fixture as if it's a forgone conclusion to 3pts and a play-off slot!! FFS just do your talking with your feet, if and when you get on the pitch.
Can't believe it! Yet another Rovers player talking up the next fixture as if it's a forgone conclusion to 3pts and a play-off slot!! FFS just do your talking with your feet, if and when you get on the pitch. Bill Carson
  • Score: 4

5:07pm Thu 23 Jan 14

RobH2O says...

MxMave wrote:
Still our best player... What happens when he retires? League one?
Yep probably earlier
[quote][p][bold]MxMave[/bold] wrote: Still our best player... What happens when he retires? League one?[/p][/quote]Yep probably earlier RobH2O
  • Score: 1

6:41pm Thu 23 Jan 14

Wild Rover says...

chicken.pluckers wrote:
Wild Rover wrote:
chicken.pluckers wrote:
David "Kebab Slayer" Dunn's latest "injury" due to him "flying about" in training was no doubt cleverly planned to allow him a relaxing Christmas and an extra few mince pies. This rotund clown offers you a maximum of 60 minutes a game, 7 times a season, in return for his whopping salary. He costs your club somewhere in the region of £250,000 every time he plays and only ever puts a run of games together when his contract is running down. The hero worship he receives from the imbeciles is truly laughable considering he sh!t out of the last Derby and will do so once again in March. His impact on games was apparent in the 5-0 under 21 mauling the other day. David is well and truly Done.
Ohh how I will chuckle come March when David slots the winner, tis written in the stars Baldric...
You just keep rolling up the karma fool
Unfortunately for you Mungo, karma is what you morons are currently experiencing, and given all those years of thinking you were in some way better than Burnley, you have a lot more payback in the post.

Burnley taking the 3 points at Ewood in March will be just the boost we need to secure that promotion and the riches of the Premier League, while little old Blackburn Rovers flounder in the 2nd tier until Venky's pull the plug and you slide down the divisions, transfer embargo, administration, points deduction, relegation.

Karma.
...in some way better than Burnley?
Only a raving loony could believe were not better than Burnley in EVERY way, which would go some way to explaining your drivel
NONE of you hopes above ate going to true
Yep, weve been down and nearly out but we are on the way back, please dont do the numbers thing again, we know about the debts rah rah
We are going to survive and we will be stronger still
Believe it Baldric, reality check is coming for Halfwit FC, thats Burnley btw
[quote][p][bold]chicken.pluckers[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wild Rover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]chicken.pluckers[/bold] wrote: David "Kebab Slayer" Dunn's latest "injury" due to him "flying about" in training was no doubt cleverly planned to allow him a relaxing Christmas and an extra few mince pies. This rotund clown offers you a maximum of 60 minutes a game, 7 times a season, in return for his whopping salary. He costs your club somewhere in the region of £250,000 every time he plays and only ever puts a run of games together when his contract is running down. The hero worship he receives from the imbeciles is truly laughable considering he sh!t out of the last Derby and will do so once again in March. His impact on games was apparent in the 5-0 under 21 mauling the other day. David is well and truly Done.[/p][/quote]Ohh how I will chuckle come March when David slots the winner, tis written in the stars Baldric... You just keep rolling up the karma fool[/p][/quote]Unfortunately for you Mungo, karma is what you morons are currently experiencing, and given all those years of thinking you were in some way better than Burnley, you have a lot more payback in the post. Burnley taking the 3 points at Ewood in March will be just the boost we need to secure that promotion and the riches of the Premier League, while little old Blackburn Rovers flounder in the 2nd tier until Venky's pull the plug and you slide down the divisions, transfer embargo, administration, points deduction, relegation. Karma.[/p][/quote]...in some way better than Burnley? Only a raving loony could believe were not better than Burnley in EVERY way, which would go some way to explaining your drivel NONE of you hopes above ate going to true Yep, weve been down and nearly out but we are on the way back, please dont do the numbers thing again, we know about the debts rah rah We are going to survive and we will be stronger still Believe it Baldric, reality check is coming for Halfwit FC, thats Burnley btw Wild Rover
  • Score: 7

7:50pm Thu 23 Jan 14

noddy57 says...

Steven Seagull wrote:
After a large mixed grill on a nan bread with salad and chilli sauce.
when will you second Raters ever realise that no-matter what your opinions are of the bigger club down the road you are hardly ever likely to witness Burnley winning the premiership title in your lifetime or your offspring for that matter due to the fact you will never have a mega rich Burnley fan willing to spend as much as it takes to win that holy grail of titles,,we were blessed with Jack Walker who made it happen,,who might you ever have ?arte et labore,
[quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: After a large mixed grill on a nan bread with salad and chilli sauce.[/p][/quote]when will you second Raters ever realise that no-matter what your opinions are of the bigger club down the road you are hardly ever likely to witness Burnley winning the premiership title in your lifetime or your offspring for that matter due to the fact you will never have a mega rich Burnley fan willing to spend as much as it takes to win that holy grail of titles,,we were blessed with Jack Walker who made it happen,,who might you ever have ?arte et labore, noddy57
  • Score: 1

8:12pm Thu 23 Jan 14

RobH2O says...

We need to draw a line under the matter of each club and how well its supported.

Town populations are useful guides, catchment areas less so. The wider a catchment area the greater the chance that other clubs can command support too. In addition, the days when where you are born dictates who you support is fading due to the expanded media. When I was at school, it was rare to meet, for example, a United fan or a Liverpool fan. People who followed them were football tarts. You rarely found someone following Doncaster when they lived in Burnley or Blackburn, for example! It was only external success that they jumped ship for.

Catchment areas get distorted too. For example, Chorley and Leyland were originally North End drawing areas. In the immediate years up to Rovers 1995 success, a huge number of people migrated to supporting Rovers. So many still do. Acci, Ossi, Church etc changed shape to at that time. In the 1960’s, 1970’s and 1980’s they were split about 50% each for Clarets and Rovers. With Burnley in the fourth and third divisions, whilst Rovers rose under Uncle Jack’s guidance that split went 80/20 in Rovers favour. That has largely remained so.

The Borough of Burnley is 89,000. The Borough of Pendle is 91,000. The Borough of Rossendale is 68,000. These were the traditional Burnley drawing areas. Skipton, Keighley and the near-dales used to have a keen interest in the Clarets, though far less so today. The 1980’s rise of Bradford City and the ever-present shadow of Leeds United render this area effectively neutered as far as Burnley is concerned, not to mention Rugby League. Burnley’s catchment area can be fairly considered to have a population of 248,000. This rises to if you add 10% of Hyndburn, 8,000, to 256,000.

However, that number drops when you consider how many folk in Rossendale, especially Rawtenstall and Haslingdon, who tokk up with Rovers on the baclk of the 1995 success. The Rossendale members of Rovers supporters clubs far outnumber the equivalents in the Rossendale Clarets. There are far more season ticket holders for Roavers now in Rossendale than there are Burnely season ticket holders. Rossendale should really be seen as 50/50.

The true catchment area for Burnley is closer to 226,000.

Rovers’ success in 1995 changed the landscape. A lot of that change remains in place. 5 year old to 10 year olds who took up with Rovers from outside the traditional catchment area (down and up the M6 corridor is another example) are now 25 to 30 year olds with families and therefore expanded Rovers allegiances. Blackburn with Darwen has a population of 147,700. Ribble Valley has a population of 57,300. Half of Rossendale’s population is 40,000. Half of Hyndburn (Blackburn allegiance is greater than this actually) is 40,000. The Borough of Chorley is 107,000. It’s fair to allocate about 20% of this to the Blackburn catchment.

This totals around 314,000 people. You owe great deal to the immediate years up to including and just after 1995!

I’ve not included anything for the M6 corridor.

Asians have little of no involvement in supporting local football. Blackburn’s catchment area has around 33,000 Asians; Blackburn & Darwen accounting for the bulk of that, 27,000.

Burnley’s catchment area has around 26,000 Asians with 7,000 in Burnley and 14,000 in Pendle forming the bulk.

The catchment areas can be adjusted downwards for both clubs to reflect this.

Blackburn’s total drops to 284,000. Burnley’s falls to 200,000. Blackburn’s catchment area is 42% larger. When in the Premier Blackburn pulled around 25,000, Burnley pulled around 20,000. In the Championship Blackburn pull around 15,500 average and Burnley around 13,000. Blackburn’s crowd in the Premiership was 25% larger than Burnley. In the Championship Blackburn’s crowd is 19% larger.

What is clear is that both Blackburn and Burnley are HUGELY well supported as a percentage of available population. They are both well in line with the North East clubs for example.

Finally, Blackburn’s current crowd, as a percentage of the Non-Asian population – 82,000 out of 105,000, is 19%. Burnley’s crowd as a percentage of its Non-Asian population – 66,000 out of 73,000, is 19%.

Not a lot between them then!
We need to draw a line under the matter of each club and how well its supported. Town populations are useful guides, catchment areas less so. The wider a catchment area the greater the chance that other clubs can command support too. In addition, the days when where you are born dictates who you support is fading due to the expanded media. When I was at school, it was rare to meet, for example, a United fan or a Liverpool fan. People who followed them were football tarts. You rarely found someone following Doncaster when they lived in Burnley or Blackburn, for example! It was only external success that they jumped ship for. Catchment areas get distorted too. For example, Chorley and Leyland were originally North End drawing areas. In the immediate years up to Rovers 1995 success, a huge number of people migrated to supporting Rovers. So many still do. Acci, Ossi, Church etc changed shape to at that time. In the 1960’s, 1970’s and 1980’s they were split about 50% each for Clarets and Rovers. With Burnley in the fourth and third divisions, whilst Rovers rose under Uncle Jack’s guidance that split went 80/20 in Rovers favour. That has largely remained so. The Borough of Burnley is 89,000. The Borough of Pendle is 91,000. The Borough of Rossendale is 68,000. These were the traditional Burnley drawing areas. Skipton, Keighley and the near-dales used to have a keen interest in the Clarets, though far less so today. The 1980’s rise of Bradford City and the ever-present shadow of Leeds United render this area effectively neutered as far as Burnley is concerned, not to mention Rugby League. Burnley’s catchment area can be fairly considered to have a population of 248,000. This rises to if you add 10% of Hyndburn, 8,000, to 256,000. However, that number drops when you consider how many folk in Rossendale, especially Rawtenstall and Haslingdon, who tokk up with Rovers on the baclk of the 1995 success. The Rossendale members of Rovers supporters clubs far outnumber the equivalents in the Rossendale Clarets. There are far more season ticket holders for Roavers now in Rossendale than there are Burnely season ticket holders. Rossendale should really be seen as 50/50. The true catchment area for Burnley is closer to 226,000. Rovers’ success in 1995 changed the landscape. A lot of that change remains in place. 5 year old to 10 year olds who took up with Rovers from outside the traditional catchment area (down and up the M6 corridor is another example) are now 25 to 30 year olds with families and therefore expanded Rovers allegiances. Blackburn with Darwen has a population of 147,700. Ribble Valley has a population of 57,300. Half of Rossendale’s population is 40,000. Half of Hyndburn (Blackburn allegiance is greater than this actually) is 40,000. The Borough of Chorley is 107,000. It’s fair to allocate about 20% of this to the Blackburn catchment. This totals around 314,000 people. You owe great deal to the immediate years up to including and just after 1995! I’ve not included anything for the M6 corridor. Asians have little of no involvement in supporting local football. Blackburn’s catchment area has around 33,000 Asians; Blackburn & Darwen accounting for the bulk of that, 27,000. Burnley’s catchment area has around 26,000 Asians with 7,000 in Burnley and 14,000 in Pendle forming the bulk. The catchment areas can be adjusted downwards for both clubs to reflect this. Blackburn’s total drops to 284,000. Burnley’s falls to 200,000. Blackburn’s catchment area is 42% larger. When in the Premier Blackburn pulled around 25,000, Burnley pulled around 20,000. In the Championship Blackburn pull around 15,500 average and Burnley around 13,000. Blackburn’s crowd in the Premiership was 25% larger than Burnley. In the Championship Blackburn’s crowd is 19% larger. What is clear is that both Blackburn and Burnley are HUGELY well supported as a percentage of available population. They are both well in line with the North East clubs for example. Finally, Blackburn’s current crowd, as a percentage of the Non-Asian population – 82,000 out of 105,000, is 19%. Burnley’s crowd as a percentage of its Non-Asian population – 66,000 out of 73,000, is 19%. Not a lot between them then! RobH2O
  • Score: 1

9:50pm Thu 23 Jan 14

more bans than ray - brfc lxxv says...

Steven Seagull wrote:
owd nick wrote:
One thing for certain, Dunny the Dingle Slayer will be totally involved on or off the pitch, 9th of March 2014 is looming, WLYV and his other troll ID's will disappear shortly after 2.40 pm that day.
I'll guarantee right now that David "Michelle Mcmanus" Dunn will announce a last minute mysterious injury that'll keep him out of the match just like in September when he lost his bottle.
Didn't loose his bottle when he made you all cry again though did he?

Speaking of bottle jobs, your entire team seem to bottle it every time it's derby day. Maybe it's because they sense the utter desperation and life dominating fixation with dingles that winning a derby against little old Rovers is all they exist for.

It's really funny. Really really funny.
[quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: One thing for certain, Dunny the Dingle Slayer will be totally involved on or off the pitch, 9th of March 2014 is looming, WLYV and his other troll ID's will disappear shortly after 2.40 pm that day.[/p][/quote]I'll guarantee right now that David "Michelle Mcmanus" Dunn will announce a last minute mysterious injury that'll keep him out of the match just like in September when he lost his bottle.[/p][/quote]Didn't loose his bottle when he made you all cry again though did he? Speaking of bottle jobs, your entire team seem to bottle it every time it's derby day. Maybe it's because they sense the utter desperation and life dominating fixation with dingles that winning a derby against little old Rovers is all they exist for. It's really funny. Really really funny. more bans than ray - brfc lxxv
  • Score: 11

2:09am Fri 24 Jan 14

A Rover 45 years and over says...

Wild Rover wrote:
A Rover 45 years and over wrote: Another example of GB being soft with this guy. Not fit, can't play two games back to back because he needed resting. and will be injured again soon after playing. Thats why he has been missing for most of the season. He will only be taking someone's place who doesn't deserve to be dropped and will probably be a striker. Most of GB's problems this season is down to not playing two strikers on a regular basis and if he doesn't start playing Gestede and Rhodes together it will be time for me to consider to stop going because I am sick of watching this Rubbish forward line Gary keeps putting out and constantanly changing tatics match after match win or loose. Lets face it he doesn't know what to do in this department because he is too cautious most of the time.
Funny how most of us on Ewood and have noted that we have put in our best displays/results when zDunn plays. Kinda makes your threat to stay away a bit empty as you dont sound like you have actually seen a match... Yeah it would be nice to have a younger, fitter playmaker but most teams would want the same. I would like to win the Lotto but meantime I manage with what I have.
How little you know Pal. I .am a season ticket holder who has watched many games without Dunn and seen him the few times he has been available, Dunn is a good player whilst he is playing his 7 games a season if we are lucky If you read my mail properly my frustration is wth GB's lack of use of two srikers. I don't think you have watched a match yourself otherwise you would understand why some people get frustrated at GB's cautious approach most of the time otherwise you must like sitting there getting bored for most of the game. All I want is GB to be more positive and up his game attack wise and there is nothing wrong with that, but you seem the kind of guy who doesnt understand or accept other peoples views or opinions.
[quote][p][bold]Wild Rover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]A Rover 45 years and over[/bold] wrote: Another example of GB being soft with this guy. Not fit, can't play two games back to back because he needed resting. and will be injured again soon after playing. Thats why he has been missing for most of the season. He will only be taking someone's place who doesn't deserve to be dropped and will probably be a striker. Most of GB's problems this season is down to not playing two strikers on a regular basis and if he doesn't start playing Gestede and Rhodes together it will be time for me to consider to stop going because I am sick of watching this Rubbish forward line Gary keeps putting out and constantanly changing tatics match after match win or loose. Lets face it he doesn't know what to do in this department because he is too cautious most of the time.[/p][/quote]Funny how most of us on Ewood and have noted that we have put in our best displays/results when zDunn plays. Kinda makes your threat to stay away a bit empty as you dont sound like you have actually seen a match... Yeah it would be nice to have a younger, fitter playmaker but most teams would want the same. I would like to win the Lotto but meantime I manage with what I have.[/p][/quote]How little you know Pal. I .am a season ticket holder who has watched many games without Dunn and seen him the few times he has been available, Dunn is a good player whilst he is playing his 7 games a season if we are lucky If you read my mail properly my frustration is wth GB's lack of use of two srikers. I don't think you have watched a match yourself otherwise you would understand why some people get frustrated at GB's cautious approach most of the time otherwise you must like sitting there getting bored for most of the game. All I want is GB to be more positive and up his game attack wise and there is nothing wrong with that, but you seem the kind of guy who doesnt understand or accept other peoples views or opinions. A Rover 45 years and over
  • Score: 0

8:39am Fri 24 Jan 14

kiwipom73 says...

...more "****" from Dunn ....a player who lives off his early history with the club and is bleeding the situation to the bitter end.

...should have been got rid of 2/3 seasons ago.
...more "****" from Dunn ....a player who lives off his early history with the club and is bleeding the situation to the bitter end. ...should have been got rid of 2/3 seasons ago. kiwipom73
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree