Jones: Clarets are going the right way

David Jones tries his luck at Swansea

David Jones tries his luck at Swansea

First published in Sport

DAVID Jones believes Burnley’s second half performance at Swansea City can be the springboard to their season.

The Clarets were unlucky to come away from the Liberty Stadium empty handed after putting the South Wales club under pressure after the break.

It was almost the perfect response to going a goal behind in a first half in which they found themselves frequently on the back foot.

All that was missing was a goal to show for their spirited fightback.

But Jones, who came close to an equaliser, feels there were clear signs that Burnley are adjusting quickly to life at the top level and can soon convert that know-how into points.

“It was difficult in the first half. They play with a difficult shape to cope with we felt but once we got to grips with that in the second half we came out and played freely and expressed ourselves and caused them a lot of problems,” said the midfielder.

“I don’t think they had many attacks, just on the counter attack really and a couple of free kicks. It was a good showing in the second half and something to definitely build on in the next game.

“I think it was more belief in the second half. We seemed to move the ball quickly and it looked as if we had more space and they couldn’t cope with our shape and the way we shifted the ball because we were getting in behind them and creating danger with Ingsy (Danny Ings) running at their defence. Just a few balls didn’t really fall to us in the box which could have been the difference, but we had a couple of chances as well.

Related links

“I think we just took the shackles off and played with some freedom. But we can’t wait to go a goal behind to do that next week.

“It wasn’t a great goal to concede, but that’s what happens, you get punished whereas maybe in the Championship you wouldn’t do.

“In certain times it’s quicker, in the final third you can get hurt if you’re not in the right position or you make a mistake positionally, teams have the ability to cut through you.

“It’s just about learning quickly.

“It’s just different to the pace.

“But we’ve had two games and we need to learn quickly.”

But Jones believes they are, and that they will reap the benefit of their fitness levels.

“I felt on the pitch it was wave after wave of attack (in the second half). I thought we felt fitter, psychologically we had the upper hand, and we were unfortunate not to get the equaliser,” he said.

“I think they were on the ropes fitness wise. We had the upper hand and looked strong.

“I thought we deserved to get a goal at least in that game.

“In the second half if we’d have put one of our chances away it could have been a different story.

“We’ve had two games where we’ve had sort of a bedding in period. Obviously we wanted to pick points up in those games but now we need to move on quickly and look forward to the next game.”

Comments (26)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:52am Mon 25 Aug 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

It's a good job he plays football if he thinks this is up.
It's a good job he plays football if he thinks this is up. AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -9

11:06am Mon 25 Aug 14

Bellypork says...

Clarets are going the right way..............DOW
N!!!!!!!!!
Clarets are going the right way..............DOW N!!!!!!!!! Bellypork
  • Score: 0

11:48am Mon 25 Aug 14

Surfmoor says...

Fulham have obviously raised the bar with their signing of RM which affects Burnley's muscle in the TM. On the plus side, enough other teams will be struggling big time & Sean Dyche is Burnley's best signing & may just keep us up by the skin of our teeth. Bring on a beatable Man Utd in the bottom 3 Saturday evening. - 17. Burnley
Fulham have obviously raised the bar with their signing of RM which affects Burnley's muscle in the TM. On the plus side, enough other teams will be struggling big time & Sean Dyche is Burnley's best signing & may just keep us up by the skin of our teeth. Bring on a beatable Man Utd in the bottom 3 Saturday evening. - 17. Burnley Surfmoor
  • Score: 3

12:11pm Mon 25 Aug 14

slopes says...

more money for the holiday fund bet against burnley every game
more money for the holiday fund bet against burnley every game slopes
  • Score: -5

1:32pm Mon 25 Aug 14

owd nick says...

Well, thanks to QPR they are off the bottom.
Well, thanks to QPR they are off the bottom. owd nick
  • Score: 5

2:14pm Mon 25 Aug 14

Claretcert says...

There must be a hostel somewhere in Blackburn for sad old alcoholics that includes as rehab access to the internet. How else can all these boring, witless, predictable non-contributions be explained? A sane or sober Blaburn fan would have packed it in months ago, realising they just made themselves and their club look stupid. So there must be some sad, sick, drunk losers who have internet access, a passing interest in BRFC and an obsession with BFC that fills the gaps in between cans of brew and cheap cider. This is the price we pay for our compassionate approach to self-harming self abusing drunks and losers I guess.
There must be a hostel somewhere in Blackburn for sad old alcoholics that includes as rehab access to the internet. How else can all these boring, witless, predictable non-contributions be explained? A sane or sober Blaburn fan would have packed it in months ago, realising they just made themselves and their club look stupid. So there must be some sad, sick, drunk losers who have internet access, a passing interest in BRFC and an obsession with BFC that fills the gaps in between cans of brew and cheap cider. This is the price we pay for our compassionate approach to self-harming self abusing drunks and losers I guess. Claretcert
  • Score: 3

2:20pm Mon 25 Aug 14

Rovers 1495 says...

Saturday 13.09.2014

Crystal Palace v Bumley

Relegation six-pointer
Saturday 13.09.2014 Crystal Palace v Bumley Relegation six-pointer Rovers 1495
  • Score: -5

2:21pm Mon 25 Aug 14

McClaret says...

owd nick wrote:
Well, thanks to QPR they are off the bottom.
Hi Owd Nick, can you tell BellyPork, we have just gone up!

Watched the game on Sat and thought we played pretty well second half. It is a very steep learning curve but this lot learn quickly together as does our Manager and that is where I think we will gather momentum as the season moves on. No disgrace losing narrowly at Swansea or against Chelsea.

Another tough one for us this coming week and then the real season begins. Would like a new left back though.
[quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: Well, thanks to QPR they are off the bottom.[/p][/quote]Hi Owd Nick, can you tell BellyPork, we have just gone up! Watched the game on Sat and thought we played pretty well second half. It is a very steep learning curve but this lot learn quickly together as does our Manager and that is where I think we will gather momentum as the season moves on. No disgrace losing narrowly at Swansea or against Chelsea. Another tough one for us this coming week and then the real season begins. Would like a new left back though. McClaret
  • Score: 7

3:11pm Mon 25 Aug 14

RobH2O . says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
It's a good job he plays football if he thinks this is up.
Unpaid bills eh. How's the mortgage............


Great not to meet you yesterday.

Nast little fib-teller. He's not a Burnley fan, you'll be utterly stunned to read. I met all four Darwen BFC ticket holders yesterday. But one of the Dareners know who he is, and quite about about him.........
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: It's a good job he plays football if he thinks this is up.[/p][/quote]Unpaid bills eh. How's the mortgage............ Great not to meet you yesterday. Nast little fib-teller. He's not a Burnley fan, you'll be utterly stunned to read. I met all four Darwen BFC ticket holders yesterday. But one of the Dareners know who he is, and quite about about him......... RobH2O .
  • Score: 7

3:12pm Mon 25 Aug 14

RobH2O . says...

Oh yes. And where you live ..........
Oh yes. And where you live .......... RobH2O .
  • Score: 8

3:21pm Mon 25 Aug 14

Bellypork says...

McClaret wrote:
owd nick wrote:
Well, thanks to QPR they are off the bottom.
Hi Owd Nick, can you tell BellyPork, we have just gone up!

Watched the game on Sat and thought we played pretty well second half. It is a very steep learning curve but this lot learn quickly together as does our Manager and that is where I think we will gather momentum as the season moves on. No disgrace losing narrowly at Swansea or against Chelsea.

Another tough one for us this coming week and then the real season begins. Would like a new left back though.
Ok, I'll hold my hands up, well done dingles you've moved up a place......!
[quote][p][bold]McClaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: Well, thanks to QPR they are off the bottom.[/p][/quote]Hi Owd Nick, can you tell BellyPork, we have just gone up! Watched the game on Sat and thought we played pretty well second half. It is a very steep learning curve but this lot learn quickly together as does our Manager and that is where I think we will gather momentum as the season moves on. No disgrace losing narrowly at Swansea or against Chelsea. Another tough one for us this coming week and then the real season begins. Would like a new left back though.[/p][/quote]Ok, I'll hold my hands up, well done dingles you've moved up a place......! Bellypork
  • Score: -2

3:29pm Mon 25 Aug 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

RobH2O . wrote:
Oh yes. And where you live ..........
I come from Darwen but live in Brierfield u T1t
[quote][p][bold]RobH2O .[/bold] wrote: Oh yes. And where you live ..........[/p][/quote]I come from Darwen but live in Brierfield u T1t AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -8

3:52pm Mon 25 Aug 14

Claretcert says...

Mee has been given a bit of stick really. Not sure he's been that bad. I think we do need cover and a bit of a creative outlet to bolster midfield, but I didn't see Chelsea beat a poor side and Swansea in the words of the manager had to dig deep and hang on for the win. So still early days, more to come and PL football week after week. Looking at the teams who came up we look OK. We've one less point than Newcastle,2 less than United, scored the same number of goals as Villa and been given a tough start. The surrender monkeys at Ewood would be marching on the streets and hurling abuse at their manager (like some did after Scunny and Norwich actually) but we don't need to copy the dross just keep the faith really. Lots more miles on thisroad yet.
Mee has been given a bit of stick really. Not sure he's been that bad. I think we do need cover and a bit of a creative outlet to bolster midfield, but I didn't see Chelsea beat a poor side and Swansea in the words of the manager had to dig deep and hang on for the win. So still early days, more to come and PL football week after week. Looking at the teams who came up we look OK. We've one less point than Newcastle,2 less than United, scored the same number of goals as Villa and been given a tough start. The surrender monkeys at Ewood would be marching on the streets and hurling abuse at their manager (like some did after Scunny and Norwich actually) but we don't need to copy the dross just keep the faith really. Lots more miles on thisroad yet. Claretcert
  • Score: 6

4:58pm Mon 25 Aug 14

rovers1968 says...

Looking at your fixtures Scoucers
Could relegate you on Boxing Day
At turdmoor ,would be a good celebration for the new year
Looking at your fixtures Scoucers Could relegate you on Boxing Day At turdmoor ,would be a good celebration for the new year rovers1968
  • Score: -6

5:19pm Mon 25 Aug 14

garry_stockton says...

Has Rhodes signed yet??
Has Rhodes signed yet?? garry_stockton
  • Score: -1

5:39pm Mon 25 Aug 14

Claretcert says...

This is what were up against - day after day of thick drivel posted by depressed alcoholic nupties who sit at home all day while the rest of the world works and gets by smiling.There are 20 games AFTER boxing day. No matter. No team has ever been relegated by boxing day it's statistically impossible. No matter. A team are written off, Palace were and picked up 18 pts from their last 10 games. No matter. The facts are simply inconvenient. The relentless boring drivel that these creepy, stalkers come out with. Look at them - aware of every Burnley game - hanging on every result - clinging to and poring over every Burnley story. The sad thick empty ball bags of Ewood Park. Lining up one after the other to prove that - yes - bitterness and hate thrive in Blackburn. The dirty doom peddling gimps couldn't run 100 metres without state support and some sort of stimulant, but listen to them knocking professional athletes day after day. They can't pay their own rent but see fit to add their tuppence on financial matters they and we know nothing about. Bored and boring. Dim and dull. This dross is part and parcel of life in the English premier league. Look on with envy you sick, retarded, stunted nobodies.
This is what were up against - day after day of thick drivel posted by depressed alcoholic nupties who sit at home all day while the rest of the world works and gets by smiling.There are 20 games AFTER boxing day. No matter. No team has ever been relegated by boxing day it's statistically impossible. No matter. A team are written off, Palace were and picked up 18 pts from their last 10 games. No matter. The facts are simply inconvenient. The relentless boring drivel that these creepy, stalkers come out with. Look at them - aware of every Burnley game - hanging on every result - clinging to and poring over every Burnley story. The sad thick empty ball bags of Ewood Park. Lining up one after the other to prove that - yes - bitterness and hate thrive in Blackburn. The dirty doom peddling gimps couldn't run 100 metres without state support and some sort of stimulant, but listen to them knocking professional athletes day after day. They can't pay their own rent but see fit to add their tuppence on financial matters they and we know nothing about. Bored and boring. Dim and dull. This dross is part and parcel of life in the English premier league. Look on with envy you sick, retarded, stunted nobodies. Claretcert
  • Score: 11

5:50pm Mon 25 Aug 14

the beaver says...

Claretcert wrote:
This is what were up against - day after day of thick drivel posted by depressed alcoholic nupties who sit at home all day while the rest of the world works and gets by smiling.There are 20 games AFTER boxing day. No matter. No team has ever been relegated by boxing day it's statistically impossible. No matter. A team are written off, Palace were and picked up 18 pts from their last 10 games. No matter. The facts are simply inconvenient. The relentless boring drivel that these creepy, stalkers come out with. Look at them - aware of every Burnley game - hanging on every result - clinging to and poring over every Burnley story. The sad thick empty ball bags of Ewood Park. Lining up one after the other to prove that - yes - bitterness and hate thrive in Blackburn. The dirty doom peddling gimps couldn't run 100 metres without state support and some sort of stimulant, but listen to them knocking professional athletes day after day. They can't pay their own rent but see fit to add their tuppence on financial matters they and we know nothing about. Bored and boring. Dim and dull. This dross is part and parcel of life in the English premier league. Look on with envy you sick, retarded, stunted nobodies.
You really have spat your dummy out bad hangover calm down its only a game!
[quote][p][bold]Claretcert[/bold] wrote: This is what were up against - day after day of thick drivel posted by depressed alcoholic nupties who sit at home all day while the rest of the world works and gets by smiling.There are 20 games AFTER boxing day. No matter. No team has ever been relegated by boxing day it's statistically impossible. No matter. A team are written off, Palace were and picked up 18 pts from their last 10 games. No matter. The facts are simply inconvenient. The relentless boring drivel that these creepy, stalkers come out with. Look at them - aware of every Burnley game - hanging on every result - clinging to and poring over every Burnley story. The sad thick empty ball bags of Ewood Park. Lining up one after the other to prove that - yes - bitterness and hate thrive in Blackburn. The dirty doom peddling gimps couldn't run 100 metres without state support and some sort of stimulant, but listen to them knocking professional athletes day after day. They can't pay their own rent but see fit to add their tuppence on financial matters they and we know nothing about. Bored and boring. Dim and dull. This dross is part and parcel of life in the English premier league. Look on with envy you sick, retarded, stunted nobodies.[/p][/quote]You really have spat your dummy out bad hangover calm down its only a game! the beaver
  • Score: -7

5:56pm Mon 25 Aug 14

RobH2O . says...

the beaver wrote:
Claretcert wrote:
This is what were up against - day after day of thick drivel posted by depressed alcoholic nupties who sit at home all day while the rest of the world works and gets by smiling.There are 20 games AFTER boxing day. No matter. No team has ever been relegated by boxing day it's statistically impossible. No matter. A team are written off, Palace were and picked up 18 pts from their last 10 games. No matter. The facts are simply inconvenient. The relentless boring drivel that these creepy, stalkers come out with. Look at them - aware of every Burnley game - hanging on every result - clinging to and poring over every Burnley story. The sad thick empty ball bags of Ewood Park. Lining up one after the other to prove that - yes - bitterness and hate thrive in Blackburn. The dirty doom peddling gimps couldn't run 100 metres without state support and some sort of stimulant, but listen to them knocking professional athletes day after day. They can't pay their own rent but see fit to add their tuppence on financial matters they and we know nothing about. Bored and boring. Dim and dull. This dross is part and parcel of life in the English premier league. Look on with envy you sick, retarded, stunted nobodies.
You really have spat your dummy out bad hangover calm down its only a game!
Sorry Beaver. With one or two exceptions, Claretcert is bob on the money with this.
[quote][p][bold]the beaver[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Claretcert[/bold] wrote: This is what were up against - day after day of thick drivel posted by depressed alcoholic nupties who sit at home all day while the rest of the world works and gets by smiling.There are 20 games AFTER boxing day. No matter. No team has ever been relegated by boxing day it's statistically impossible. No matter. A team are written off, Palace were and picked up 18 pts from their last 10 games. No matter. The facts are simply inconvenient. The relentless boring drivel that these creepy, stalkers come out with. Look at them - aware of every Burnley game - hanging on every result - clinging to and poring over every Burnley story. The sad thick empty ball bags of Ewood Park. Lining up one after the other to prove that - yes - bitterness and hate thrive in Blackburn. The dirty doom peddling gimps couldn't run 100 metres without state support and some sort of stimulant, but listen to them knocking professional athletes day after day. They can't pay their own rent but see fit to add their tuppence on financial matters they and we know nothing about. Bored and boring. Dim and dull. This dross is part and parcel of life in the English premier league. Look on with envy you sick, retarded, stunted nobodies.[/p][/quote]You really have spat your dummy out bad hangover calm down its only a game![/p][/quote]Sorry Beaver. With one or two exceptions, Claretcert is bob on the money with this. RobH2O .
  • Score: 11

6:03pm Mon 25 Aug 14

RobH2O . says...

AnotherPounding4Burn
ley
wrote:
RobH2O . wrote:
Oh yes. And where you live ..........
I come from Darwen but live in Brierfield u T1t
Oh yeah? Just what was expected. Everyone knows you are one huge liar. Hard to to travel from Darwen with the the three others (quote YOU) if you live in Brierfield all of a sudden.

A lot of Rovers fans love the website, by the way. Most seem to question the taste (or lack of it) regarding your Burnley section.

For the record. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE. Ive met someone who knows you. You have some money troubles at the moment. One or two unpaid bills eh...............

Message for Crispy. I am currently London-bound. Sorry. Last minute. Work and all that. Coming Friday is nailed. Barrowford Clarets meeting in the Rodders 6.30pm followed by Curry. Will play around on here on iPhone going down on the train.
[quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RobH2O .[/bold] wrote: Oh yes. And where you live ..........[/p][/quote]I come from Darwen but live in Brierfield u T1t[/p][/quote]Oh yeah? Just what was expected. Everyone knows you are one huge liar. Hard to to travel from Darwen with the the three others (quote YOU) if you live in Brierfield all of a sudden. A lot of Rovers fans love the website, by the way. Most seem to question the taste (or lack of it) regarding your Burnley section. For the record. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE. Ive met someone who knows you. You have some money troubles at the moment. One or two unpaid bills eh............... Message for Crispy. I am currently London-bound. Sorry. Last minute. Work and all that. Coming Friday is nailed. Barrowford Clarets meeting in the Rodders 6.30pm followed by Curry. Will play around on here on iPhone going down on the train. RobH2O .
  • Score: 5

6:16pm Mon 25 Aug 14

Claretcert says...

That wouldn't be unpaid electricity and internet bills from all the 24/7 online stalking Mr Saddo does would it?
That wouldn't be unpaid electricity and internet bills from all the 24/7 online stalking Mr Saddo does would it? Claretcert
  • Score: 8

6:20pm Mon 25 Aug 14

Its Only a game boy says...

Claretcert wrote:
Mee has been given a bit of stick really. Not sure he's been that bad. I think we do need cover and a bit of a creative outlet to bolster midfield, but I didn't see Chelsea beat a poor side and Swansea in the words of the manager had to dig deep and hang on for the win. So still early days, more to come and PL football week after week. Looking at the teams who came up we look OK. We've one less point than Newcastle,2 less than United, scored the same number of goals as Villa and been given a tough start. The surrender monkeys at Ewood would be marching on the streets and hurling abuse at their manager (like some did after Scunny and Norwich actually) but we don't need to copy the dross just keep the faith really. Lots more miles on thisroad yet.
Have to say that Mee is a bit suspect at left back but harsh to blame the 2 defeats on him. The squad in its current format will not survive in the PL without some reinforcements and that will cost money. The board seem happy to give Sean half a shoestring of a budget and then go back down again financially stable. Getting out of the Championship on a budget is a different thing altogether than staying in the PL. No ones us to break the bank as that does not guarantee survival but the board have to release a little bit more to give us a fighting chance.
[quote][p][bold]Claretcert[/bold] wrote: Mee has been given a bit of stick really. Not sure he's been that bad. I think we do need cover and a bit of a creative outlet to bolster midfield, but I didn't see Chelsea beat a poor side and Swansea in the words of the manager had to dig deep and hang on for the win. So still early days, more to come and PL football week after week. Looking at the teams who came up we look OK. We've one less point than Newcastle,2 less than United, scored the same number of goals as Villa and been given a tough start. The surrender monkeys at Ewood would be marching on the streets and hurling abuse at their manager (like some did after Scunny and Norwich actually) but we don't need to copy the dross just keep the faith really. Lots more miles on thisroad yet.[/p][/quote]Have to say that Mee is a bit suspect at left back but harsh to blame the 2 defeats on him. The squad in its current format will not survive in the PL without some reinforcements and that will cost money. The board seem happy to give Sean half a shoestring of a budget and then go back down again financially stable. Getting out of the Championship on a budget is a different thing altogether than staying in the PL. No ones us to break the bank as that does not guarantee survival but the board have to release a little bit more to give us a fighting chance. Its Only a game boy
  • Score: 7

8:38pm Mon 25 Aug 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

RobH2O . wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn

ley
wrote:
RobH2O . wrote:
Oh yes. And where you live ..........
I come from Darwen but live in Brierfield u T1t
Oh yeah? Just what was expected. Everyone knows you are one huge liar. Hard to to travel from Darwen with the the three others (quote YOU) if you live in Brierfield all of a sudden.

A lot of Rovers fans love the website, by the way. Most seem to question the taste (or lack of it) regarding your Burnley section.

For the record. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE. Ive met someone who knows you. You have some money troubles at the moment. One or two unpaid bills eh...............

Message for Crispy. I am currently London-bound. Sorry. Last minute. Work and all that. Coming Friday is nailed. Barrowford Clarets meeting in the Rodders 6.30pm followed by Curry. Will play around on here on iPhone going down on the train.
Woah there, more likely going down on Crispy ducky, you're so far off base you may as well be on the moon. I live in brierfield, my mates live in Darwen, I travel to Darwen and meet my mates and we all go to the game.
I do not have any money troubles as I am quite well off.
If you know who I am, and where I live, I challenge you to come round and point me in the right direction. Bring as many friends as you like and we will have a good ol time, my favorite party game is celebrity soap in a sock where someone pretends to be a really annoying celebrity, I guess which annoying celebrity they are pretending to be and, if I am correct I get to cleanse the living hell out of them with my soap filled sock. It always hits the spot that one.
[quote][p][bold]RobH2O .[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RobH2O .[/bold] wrote: Oh yes. And where you live ..........[/p][/quote]I come from Darwen but live in Brierfield u T1t[/p][/quote]Oh yeah? Just what was expected. Everyone knows you are one huge liar. Hard to to travel from Darwen with the the three others (quote YOU) if you live in Brierfield all of a sudden. A lot of Rovers fans love the website, by the way. Most seem to question the taste (or lack of it) regarding your Burnley section. For the record. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE. Ive met someone who knows you. You have some money troubles at the moment. One or two unpaid bills eh............... Message for Crispy. I am currently London-bound. Sorry. Last minute. Work and all that. Coming Friday is nailed. Barrowford Clarets meeting in the Rodders 6.30pm followed by Curry. Will play around on here on iPhone going down on the train.[/p][/quote]Woah there, more likely going down on Crispy ducky, you're so far off base you may as well be on the moon. I live in brierfield, my mates live in Darwen, I travel to Darwen and meet my mates and we all go to the game. I do not have any money troubles as I am quite well off. If you know who I am, and where I live, I challenge you to come round and point me in the right direction. Bring as many friends as you like and we will have a good ol time, my favorite party game is celebrity soap in a sock where someone pretends to be a really annoying celebrity, I guess which annoying celebrity they are pretending to be and, if I am correct I get to cleanse the living hell out of them with my soap filled sock. It always hits the spot that one. AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -8

9:11pm Mon 25 Aug 14

andy1 says...

RobH2O . wrote:
AnotherPounding4Burn

ley
wrote:
It's a good job he plays football if he thinks this is up.
Unpaid bills eh. How's the mortgage............



Great not to meet you yesterday.

Nast little fib-teller. He's not a Burnley fan, you'll be utterly stunned to read. I met all four Darwen BFC ticket holders yesterday. But one of the Dareners know who he is, and quite about about him.........
hes one of them scruffy c***s waiting to move into Shadsworth House is AP4B.
[quote][p][bold]RobH2O .[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AnotherPounding4Burn ley[/bold] wrote: It's a good job he plays football if he thinks this is up.[/p][/quote]Unpaid bills eh. How's the mortgage............ Great not to meet you yesterday. Nast little fib-teller. He's not a Burnley fan, you'll be utterly stunned to read. I met all four Darwen BFC ticket holders yesterday. But one of the Dareners know who he is, and quite about about him.........[/p][/quote]hes one of them scruffy c***s waiting to move into Shadsworth House is AP4B. andy1
  • Score: 8

8:32am Tue 26 Aug 14

owd nick says...

McClaret wrote:
owd nick wrote:
Well, thanks to QPR they are off the bottom.
Hi Owd Nick, can you tell BellyPork, we have just gone up!

Watched the game on Sat and thought we played pretty well second half. It is a very steep learning curve but this lot learn quickly together as does our Manager and that is where I think we will gather momentum as the season moves on. No disgrace losing narrowly at Swansea or against Chelsea.

Another tough one for us this coming week and then the real season begins. Would like a new left back though.
Sorry McClaret that's your job and I don't actually know him!

Haven't seen the highlights so can't comment but from all reports I have seen you did ok in the second half, sadly ok isn't good enough in any league and you don't have a point yet do you?

On the other hand I think you might get something against Man U, it's a good time to play them because they look a total shambles to me, if they play three at the back again and Dyche has the balls to go for it that is.
[quote][p][bold]McClaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: Well, thanks to QPR they are off the bottom.[/p][/quote]Hi Owd Nick, can you tell BellyPork, we have just gone up! Watched the game on Sat and thought we played pretty well second half. It is a very steep learning curve but this lot learn quickly together as does our Manager and that is where I think we will gather momentum as the season moves on. No disgrace losing narrowly at Swansea or against Chelsea. Another tough one for us this coming week and then the real season begins. Would like a new left back though.[/p][/quote]Sorry McClaret that's your job and I don't actually know him! Haven't seen the highlights so can't comment but from all reports I have seen you did ok in the second half, sadly ok isn't good enough in any league and you don't have a point yet do you? On the other hand I think you might get something against Man U, it's a good time to play them because they look a total shambles to me, if they play three at the back again and Dyche has the balls to go for it that is. owd nick
  • Score: 0

10:52am Tue 26 Aug 14

houseclaret says...

Bellypork wrote:
Clarets are going the right way..............DOW

N!!!!!!!!!
Great assessment, given that we have played just 2 games, one against arguably one of the best teams in the world (and weren't in any way shamed) and the other against a team who beat United at Old Trafford last week (and we pretty much dominated the second half). I suppose you'll be on here again if we lose to United in our next game? We weren't expecting much from our first 3 very tough games. You really should be concentrating on your own poor side who, by all accounts, very nearly threw away a 3 goal lead against the might of Bournemouth (at home to boot).
[quote][p][bold]Bellypork[/bold] wrote: Clarets are going the right way..............DOW N!!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Great assessment, given that we have played just 2 games, one against arguably one of the best teams in the world (and weren't in any way shamed) and the other against a team who beat United at Old Trafford last week (and we pretty much dominated the second half). I suppose you'll be on here again if we lose to United in our next game? We weren't expecting much from our first 3 very tough games. You really should be concentrating on your own poor side who, by all accounts, very nearly threw away a 3 goal lead against the might of Bournemouth (at home to boot). houseclaret
  • Score: 2

10:54am Tue 26 Aug 14

houseclaret says...

McClaret wrote:
owd nick wrote:
Well, thanks to QPR they are off the bottom.
Hi Owd Nick, can you tell BellyPork, we have just gone up!

Watched the game on Sat and thought we played pretty well second half. It is a very steep learning curve but this lot learn quickly together as does our Manager and that is where I think we will gather momentum as the season moves on. No disgrace losing narrowly at Swansea or against Chelsea.

Another tough one for us this coming week and then the real season begins. Would like a new left back though.
Spot on Mac.
[quote][p][bold]McClaret[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]owd nick[/bold] wrote: Well, thanks to QPR they are off the bottom.[/p][/quote]Hi Owd Nick, can you tell BellyPork, we have just gone up! Watched the game on Sat and thought we played pretty well second half. It is a very steep learning curve but this lot learn quickly together as does our Manager and that is where I think we will gather momentum as the season moves on. No disgrace losing narrowly at Swansea or against Chelsea. Another tough one for us this coming week and then the real season begins. Would like a new left back though.[/p][/quote]Spot on Mac. houseclaret
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree