We will kick on in Austria, says Burnley boss

This Is Lancashire: Sean Dyche with assistant Ian Woan Sean Dyche with assistant Ian Woan

SEAN Dyche is ready to fine tune his players on tour, after they made a good early impression on their return to training.

The Burnley boss was pleased to see his squad members stick to their summer fitness plans, insisting they had reported back “in really good shape” and ready to hit the ground running.

The countdown to the Premier League kick-off – at home to Chelsea on August 16 – is on.

And after the early fitness tests and training sessions at Gawthorpe, Dyche is looking to step things up during their week-long training camp in Austria all next week.

“We’re looking forward to giving them some good workouts in a really controlled environment,” he said.

“When they’re here (Gawthorpe) they go home, but over there it will be constant.

“I wouldn’t call it team building because the team currently is virtually the team (from last season) with some add-ons.

“The team has a good feel, as we all know, but it’s probably a case of enhancing all the good work that we think we’ve done and they’ve done.

“We’re not really looking for one outcome (from the tour) but lots of mini outcomes.”

Dyche added that it was obvious the players had looked after themselves over the summer break, which has allowed them to get a head-start in their pre-season preparations.

“It means you don’t spend so much time wondering if they’re fit enough because they’re already in front of the curve,” he said.

“All we’re doing is topping that up and maximising it so then you can move on to strong tactical work, organisational work, which frees up more time rather than getting down with doing more physical sessions.

“We can do more football planning sessions and tactical sessions.”

Comments (11)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:39pm Fri 11 Jul 14

Dublin Claret says...

Sounds like a tough week ahead for the boys!
Sounds like a tough week ahead for the boys! Dublin Claret
  • Score: 10

3:43pm Fri 11 Jul 14

noddy57 says...

Enjoy your surroundings while the going is good because when the season starts your going to be faced with a culture shock on and off the field. l am looking forward to your overoptimism being found out. cheerio for now.
Enjoy your surroundings while the going is good because when the season starts your going to be faced with a culture shock on and off the field. l am looking forward to your overoptimism being found out. cheerio for now. noddy57
  • Score: -17

9:02pm Fri 11 Jul 14

Rob_H2O says...

noddy57 wrote:
Enjoy your surroundings while the going is good because when the season starts your going to be faced with a culture shock on and off the field. l am looking forward to your overoptimism being found out. cheerio for now.
If it turns out to be so, why do you look forward to it. Are you some some sort of sick git who gets off on the failure of others or something? Go see someone about it.
[quote][p][bold]noddy57[/bold] wrote: Enjoy your surroundings while the going is good because when the season starts your going to be faced with a culture shock on and off the field. l am looking forward to your overoptimism being found out. cheerio for now.[/p][/quote]If it turns out to be so, why do you look forward to it. Are you some some sort of sick git who gets off on the failure of others or something? Go see someone about it. Rob_H2O
  • Score: 14

4:24pm Sat 12 Jul 14

Dead Sun Rising says...

Noddy, dear fellow.
Stick to Toytown and leave the important grown up stuff to adults.
I fail to see how it will be a culture shock. Most of the squad have PL connections. Heaton, ManU; Trippier and Mee, ManC; Marney, Spurs; Jones, Wigan; Kightly, Stoke and of course there's Reid and Taylor to add further experience. On top of that our own Mike Duff has been there before.
Keep grasping at them straws, they're getting shorter and more desperate all the time.
I have never known such an obsessed bunch of vitriolic muppets as you lot. Spineless nobodies getting a thrill from behind their laptop.
Grow up.
Noddy, dear fellow. Stick to Toytown and leave the important grown up stuff to adults. I fail to see how it will be a culture shock. Most of the squad have PL connections. Heaton, ManU; Trippier and Mee, ManC; Marney, Spurs; Jones, Wigan; Kightly, Stoke and of course there's Reid and Taylor to add further experience. On top of that our own Mike Duff has been there before. Keep grasping at them straws, they're getting shorter and more desperate all the time. I have never known such an obsessed bunch of vitriolic muppets as you lot. Spineless nobodies getting a thrill from behind their laptop. Grow up. Dead Sun Rising
  • Score: 8

9:19pm Sat 12 Jul 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

Relegation is becoming ever more likely with every passing minute.
Relegation is becoming ever more likely with every passing minute. AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -11

9:30pm Sat 12 Jul 14

AnotherPounding4Burnley says...

Sorry it missed half my comment off. It was supposed to say if we fail to make some high quality additions.
Sorry it missed half my comment off. It was supposed to say if we fail to make some high quality additions. AnotherPounding4Burnley
  • Score: -10

11:12am Mon 14 Jul 14

noddy57 says...

Rob_H2O wrote:
noddy57 wrote:
Enjoy your surroundings while the going is good because when the season starts your going to be faced with a culture shock on and off the field. l am looking forward to your overoptimism being found out. cheerio for now.
If it turns out to be so, why do you look forward to it. Are you some some sort of sick git who gets off on the failure of others or something? Go see someone about it.
Yes l am sick. Sick of the sight of you tossers in your silly looking kits masquerading as a football club when in reality you are insignificant compared to your wealthier neighbors .
[quote][p][bold]Rob_H2O[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]noddy57[/bold] wrote: Enjoy your surroundings while the going is good because when the season starts your going to be faced with a culture shock on and off the field. l am looking forward to your overoptimism being found out. cheerio for now.[/p][/quote]If it turns out to be so, why do you look forward to it. Are you some some sort of sick git who gets off on the failure of others or something? Go see someone about it.[/p][/quote]Yes l am sick. Sick of the sight of you tossers in your silly looking kits masquerading as a football club when in reality you are insignificant compared to your wealthier neighbors . noddy57
  • Score: 0

11:19am Mon 14 Jul 14

noddy57 says...

Dead Sun Rising wrote:
Noddy, dear fellow.
Stick to Toytown and leave the important grown up stuff to adults.
I fail to see how it will be a culture shock. Most of the squad have PL connections. Heaton, ManU; Trippier and Mee, ManC; Marney, Spurs; Jones, Wigan; Kightly, Stoke and of course there's Reid and Taylor to add further experience. On top of that our own Mike Duff has been there before.
Keep grasping at them straws, they're getting shorter and more desperate all the time.
I have never known such an obsessed bunch of vitriolic muppets as you lot. Spineless nobodies getting a thrill from behind their laptop.
Grow up.
got to hand it to you your post was quite amusing. At least some of you Burnley fans do have a sense of Humor !! not so much of the sense of course but nevertheless at least you do have something worthwhile. "Oh l must get back to my car and honk my horn"
[quote][p][bold]Dead Sun Rising[/bold] wrote: Noddy, dear fellow. Stick to Toytown and leave the important grown up stuff to adults. I fail to see how it will be a culture shock. Most of the squad have PL connections. Heaton, ManU; Trippier and Mee, ManC; Marney, Spurs; Jones, Wigan; Kightly, Stoke and of course there's Reid and Taylor to add further experience. On top of that our own Mike Duff has been there before. Keep grasping at them straws, they're getting shorter and more desperate all the time. I have never known such an obsessed bunch of vitriolic muppets as you lot. Spineless nobodies getting a thrill from behind their laptop. Grow up.[/p][/quote]got to hand it to you your post was quite amusing. At least some of you Burnley fans do have a sense of Humor !! not so much of the sense of course but nevertheless at least you do have something worthwhile. "Oh l must get back to my car and honk my horn" noddy57
  • Score: 0

1:45pm Mon 14 Jul 14

AnotherPounding4BurnIey says...

For christ sake noddy you are making us all look like we're off our heads. Give it a rest you gimp.
For christ sake noddy you are making us all look like we're off our heads. Give it a rest you gimp. AnotherPounding4BurnIey
  • Score: 0

7:07pm Mon 14 Jul 14

stevieclaret says...

noddy57 wrote:
Rob_H2O wrote:
noddy57 wrote:
Enjoy your surroundings while the going is good because when the season starts your going to be faced with a culture shock on and off the field. l am looking forward to your overoptimism being found out. cheerio for now.
If it turns out to be so, why do you look forward to it. Are you some some sort of sick git who gets off on the failure of others or something? Go see someone about it.
Yes l am sick. Sick of the sight of you tossers in your silly looking kits masquerading as a football club when in reality you are insignificant compared to your wealthier neighbors .
Ha ha ha. Wealthier neighbours. Insignificant ha ha ha.

If we r insignificant and in a higher league than u, what does that make u? Absolutely mega blinding - what a tool u r!!
[quote][p][bold]noddy57[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rob_H2O[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]noddy57[/bold] wrote: Enjoy your surroundings while the going is good because when the season starts your going to be faced with a culture shock on and off the field. l am looking forward to your overoptimism being found out. cheerio for now.[/p][/quote]If it turns out to be so, why do you look forward to it. Are you some some sort of sick git who gets off on the failure of others or something? Go see someone about it.[/p][/quote]Yes l am sick. Sick of the sight of you tossers in your silly looking kits masquerading as a football club when in reality you are insignificant compared to your wealthier neighbors .[/p][/quote]Ha ha ha. Wealthier neighbours. Insignificant ha ha ha. If we r insignificant and in a higher league than u, what does that make u? Absolutely mega blinding - what a tool u r!! stevieclaret
  • Score: 0

8:49pm Mon 14 Jul 14

AnotherPounding4BurnIey says...

Still at it then noddy you embarrassing tool and the blueandwhitewolf comes across a bit of a pork truncheon.
Try and blend in like me.

Anotherpounding4burn
ley - sorting the chavs from the real men since today
Still at it then noddy you embarrassing tool and the blueandwhitewolf comes across a bit of a pork truncheon. Try and blend in like me. Anotherpounding4burn ley - sorting the chavs from the real men since today AnotherPounding4BurnIey
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree