LiveMatchday live: Burnley v Derby

First published in Sport
Last updated

This live event has finished

Summary

  • The Clarets are unchanged for a seventh game in a row.
  • Follow all the action here....
  • Kick-off 3pm

5:00pm

4:58pm

Burnley open up five-point lead in second with a 2-0 home win over Derby County

4:53pm

Attendance: 17,285

4:52pm

Four minutes added time

4:48pm

Final Burnley sub - Stanislas for Arfield

4:43pm

Forsyth left footed strike sucked into Heaton's midriff at near post

4:42pm

Marney booked for foul on Bamford moments earlier

4:41pm

Burnley sub - Barnes for Ings

4:33pm

Bryson for Eustace - final Derby sub

4:31pm

4:29pm

Marney 2-0

4:28pm

Bamford tries again, from distance, but bounces into Heaton's arms

4:25pm

BURNLEY sub: Wallace for Kightly

4:25pm

Bamford fires over from right of the box

4:23pm

Wallace getting ready to come on for Clarets

4:23pm

Bamford for Dawkins - Derby sub

4:15pm

Great ball from Trippier well taken from Arfield, everyone expected the shot - including Vokes, who received the pass instead but the chance ran away from the striker

4:11pm

Sammon strikes left footed from edge of box, deflects off Shackell. Heaton blocks on the line and recovers to stop ball rolling over. Big moment

4:09pm

Sammon for Russell the half-time change for Derby

4:08pm

3:50pm

Half-time: Burnley 1, Derby 0

3:49pm

In the process of referee brandishing cards to Martin, Hendrick puts the ball in the net. Double blow for Derby, as there appeared to be some contact from Trippier on Martin

3:45pm

Chris Martin booked for diving in the box, and sent off. Second yellow

3:42pm

Heaton fumbles the ball on the edge of the box, with Trippier close by. Keeper comes out of the box, but referee is satisfied it wasn't with the ball 

3:33pm

3:30pm

Jones 1-0

3:30pm

Another good move from Burnley - Kightly cross cleared off Vokes' toe from close range

3:25pm

Jones' inswinging delivery punched away by Grant

3:24pm

Trippier slips ball to Marney on right of box, shot blocked behind

3:21pm

Chris Martin sees yellow for swinging an arm at Trippier

3:19pm

Burnley break brilliantly from back to front but the finish just eludes them

3:15pm

Ings lines up a shot for Vokes but Buxton and Keogh are quick to close down and block in the box 

3:08pm

Great take from Ings, plucking the ball out of the air after Marney won a block tackle. Had a good run at the defence but unfortunately put low shot narrowly wide

3:06pm

Couple of early knocks for Shackell and Marney but both have recovered to continue

3:02pm

Game underway

2:59pm

The teams are out

2:56pm

2:55pm

DERBY: Grant; Wisdom, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Eustave, Hendrick, Hughes, Dawkins, Martin, Russell.

Subs: Legzdins, Whitbread, Thorne, Bryson, Ward, Bamford, Sammon

2:51pm

BURNLEY: Heaton; Trippier, Duff, Shackell, Mee; Arfield, Marney, Jones, Kightly; Vokes, Ings.

Subs: Cisak, Edgar, Long, Treacy, Wallace, Barnes, Stanislas

Comments (7)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:59pm Sat 1 Mar 14

Dingle Dangle says...

Well done. Enough said
Well done. Enough said Dingle Dangle
  • Score: -5

6:17pm Sat 1 Mar 14

wolsty says...

Dingle Dangle wrote:
Well done. Enough said
and about 4 to 4500 from derby very bad indeed
[quote][p][bold]Dingle Dangle[/bold] wrote: Well done. Enough said[/p][/quote]and about 4 to 4500 from derby very bad indeed wolsty
  • Score: -6

7:35pm Sat 1 Mar 14

Chris P Bacon says...

Dingle Dangle wrote:
Well done. Enough said
At 09.23 this morning, you wrote the following which is a direct quote from you;

"Guaranteed win for blackburn. Burnley to get beat 2-1"

How did you get on with that one?

It's stupidity like that that keeps you on the bottom rung of a very long ladder. You're going round playing the hand you think you SHOULD have been dealt and not making the most of the hand you actually HAVE been dealt. Without people like you, there'd be fewer poker millionaires, that's for sure but marks like you are the for the taking so it'd be foolish not to.
[quote][p][bold]Dingle Dangle[/bold] wrote: Well done. Enough said[/p][/quote]At 09.23 this morning, you wrote the following which is a direct quote from you; "Guaranteed win for blackburn. Burnley to get beat 2-1" How did you get on with that one? It's stupidity like that that keeps you on the bottom rung of a very long ladder. You're going round playing the hand you think you SHOULD have been dealt and not making the most of the hand you actually HAVE been dealt. Without people like you, there'd be fewer poker millionaires, that's for sure but marks like you are the for the taking so it'd be foolish not to. Chris P Bacon
  • Score: 4

8:34pm Sat 1 Mar 14

Dingle Dangle says...

Just watched the game though and I must say the ref did you lot a massive favour. Anyway Ewood awaits and dunny so get ready
Just watched the game though and I must say the ref did you lot a massive favour. Anyway Ewood awaits and dunny so get ready Dingle Dangle
  • Score: -5

8:37pm Sat 1 Mar 14

Dingle Dangle says...

Chris P Bacon wrote:
Dingle Dangle wrote:
Well done. Enough said
At 09.23 this morning, you wrote the following which is a direct quote from you;

"Guaranteed win for blackburn. Burnley to get beat 2-1"

How did you get on with that one?

It's stupidity like that that keeps you on the bottom rung of a very long ladder. You're going round playing the hand you think you SHOULD have been dealt and not making the most of the hand you actually HAVE been dealt. Without people like you, there'd be fewer poker millionaires, that's for sure but marks like you are the for the taking so it'd be foolish not to.
Such sage advice from someone who says so much but contributes nothing. Thanks crispy cowell
[quote][p][bold]Chris P Bacon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dingle Dangle[/bold] wrote: Well done. Enough said[/p][/quote]At 09.23 this morning, you wrote the following which is a direct quote from you; "Guaranteed win for blackburn. Burnley to get beat 2-1" How did you get on with that one? It's stupidity like that that keeps you on the bottom rung of a very long ladder. You're going round playing the hand you think you SHOULD have been dealt and not making the most of the hand you actually HAVE been dealt. Without people like you, there'd be fewer poker millionaires, that's for sure but marks like you are the for the taking so it'd be foolish not to.[/p][/quote]Such sage advice from someone who says so much but contributes nothing. Thanks crispy cowell Dingle Dangle
  • Score: -6

12:20am Sun 2 Mar 14

northernchef says...

Dingle Dangle wrote:
Just watched the game though and I must say the ref did you lot a massive favour. Anyway Ewood awaits and dunny so get ready
Massive favour? How did you figure that one. Two elbow/flailing arms from martin both of which could have been yellows and what the referee thought was a dive. It wasn't a foul or a dive, he slipped yet went down theatrically and that is what put doubt into the referees mind. Rovers are going to need a favour next week judging by your performance today.
[quote][p][bold]Dingle Dangle[/bold] wrote: Just watched the game though and I must say the ref did you lot a massive favour. Anyway Ewood awaits and dunny so get ready[/p][/quote]Massive favour? How did you figure that one. Two elbow/flailing arms from martin both of which could have been yellows and what the referee thought was a dive. It wasn't a foul or a dive, he slipped yet went down theatrically and that is what put doubt into the referees mind. Rovers are going to need a favour next week judging by your performance today. northernchef
  • Score: 4

8:47am Sun 2 Mar 14

Chris P Bacon says...

northernchef wrote:
Dingle Dangle wrote:
Just watched the game though and I must say the ref did you lot a massive favour. Anyway Ewood awaits and dunny so get ready
Massive favour? How did you figure that one. Two elbow/flailing arms from martin both of which could have been yellows and what the referee thought was a dive. It wasn't a foul or a dive, he slipped yet went down theatrically and that is what put doubt into the referees mind. Rovers are going to need a favour next week judging by your performance today.
That was classic coping strategy from him there He's comforting himself by finding straws he can clutch at. The only move he's got left now is to first focus and then obsess on his cup final next week. It's inevitable he will revert to type, stick his head above the parapet like the idiot he is and claim victory before the programme-sellers have set up their stalls.

Don't be too cruel on him; he's the easiest meat you'll find.
[quote][p][bold]northernchef[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dingle Dangle[/bold] wrote: Just watched the game though and I must say the ref did you lot a massive favour. Anyway Ewood awaits and dunny so get ready[/p][/quote]Massive favour? How did you figure that one. Two elbow/flailing arms from martin both of which could have been yellows and what the referee thought was a dive. It wasn't a foul or a dive, he slipped yet went down theatrically and that is what put doubt into the referees mind. Rovers are going to need a favour next week judging by your performance today.[/p][/quote]That was classic coping strategy from him there He's comforting himself by finding straws he can clutch at. The only move he's got left now is to first focus and then obsess on his cup final next week. It's inevitable he will revert to type, stick his head above the parapet like the idiot he is and claim victory before the programme-sellers have set up their stalls. Don't be too cruel on him; he's the easiest meat you'll find. Chris P Bacon
  • Score: 4

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree