KEITH Treacy is expecting the race for promotion to go down to the wire, after his goal earned Burnley a point at Bournemouth.

The winger came off the bench to make his second goal of the season count in the Clarets earning seven points from their three-game week, and a second 1-1 draw with the Cherries this season.

The outcome stretched Burnley’s lead in second place over QPR to four points. And there was a further good news for the Clarets when Harry Redknapp’s side were surprisingly beaten 3-1 at home by Reading.

But with 15 games left in the Clarets’ calendar, and some big games coming up, with Nottingham Forest and Derby County to come to a Turf Moor, building up to the East Lancashire derby at Ewood Park in by their next away game, Treacy is anticipating a tense finale.

“It’s going to be interesting, I think it’s going to go pretty close to the wire. We just have to keep playing football and see where it takes us,” said the Irishman.

“People have been saying for a while now ‘can we keep this going?’. I think we’ve proved a lot of people wrong but the final day of the season will tell.

“The lads are disappointed to come away with a point so that shows how far we’ve come as a group.

“But it could prove to he a good point with the couple of games coming up.

“It’s going to be a big game (against Forest on Saturday). It will be a good one to watch. I’ve got my family coming over as well so it’s a little bit bigger for me personally as well. I’ll be looking forward to it.

“It would be nice to take points off them to give us a bit of breathing space as well and keep the pressure on QPR.

“It’s going to be a tough run-in but it’s going to be exciting.

“I’m glad I’m injury free and I can be a part of it.”

Treacy was enjoying his longest run in the line-up when he was sidelined by a neck injury after last month’s game with Sheffield Wednesday.

The 25-year-old returned to the bench for the visit of Millwall, missed out against Bolton in midweek, but was restored to the squad on Saturday, alongside Ross Wallace, who marked his return from a long-term injury this month.

Both made their mark against Bournemouth, combining for the equaliser with Wallace crossing from Treacy to volley in from close range, for his first goal since August.

“Me and Ross have a very good relationship and I soon as I saw him put his head down in the box I knew it was coming to the back stick so I gambled.

“I just had to make a good contact and thankfully it went in,” said Treacy.

“I was delighted for Ross to get on. I thought he was coming on ahead of me so I was a little bit annoyed but we came on together and both had a little part to play in the goal.

“It’s great to see him back.

“He’s been out for a long time, but he’s back rooming with me now so it’s a bit of a nightmare on Friday nights!

“But on a personal note for Ross I’m absolutely delighted for him.”