FULL TIME: Burnley 3 Millwall 1

Danny Ings

Danny Ings

First published in Sport

DANNY Ings scored twice and could even afford to miss a penalty as Burnley moved back into second place in the Championship table.

The Clarets fell behind to a Martyn Woolford goal at Turf Moor but Ings struck a brace and Dean Marney also found the net as Sean Dyche’s side climbed back into the automatic promotion spots, with QPR travelling to Derby on Monday.

Burnley went close to the opening goal as Sam Vokes headed Michael Kightly’s cross narrowly off target.

But they were behind in the 27th minute when Lee Martin floated a deep free kick into the box and Michael Duff’s header could only find Woolford on the edge of the area.

The midfielder instantly lashed the ball past Tom Heaton into the bottom corner.

But Millwall’s lead lasted only two minutes as Kightly nodded the ball into the path of Ings, who smartly turned and fired left footed into the net with the aid of the merest of deflections.

The Clarets then pushed for a second goal at the end of the first half and Ings’ effort was deflected narrowly over by Shaun Williams after Vokes had dummied a pass from Scott Arfield.

The hosts had a penalty on 45 minutes as Jimmy Abdou felled Ings in the box, only for the Clarets striker to see his spot kick saved by Stephen Bywater.

Burnley did not have to wait long to get the goal they had been seeking, however, as Arfield pulled the ball back in first-half stoppage time and Marney rifled a fine left-footed effort into the bottom corner from 20 yards.

It was 3-1 in the 62nd minute as Ings scored his second of the game, chasing on to Kieran Trippier’s long pass and controlling superbly before poking the ball past Bywater. It took Ings’ tally for the season to 24 goals.

Heaton had to turn Ryan Fredericks’ deflected cross on to the bar in windy conditions as Millwall looked for a way back into the game with four strikers on the field.

But Burnley were otherwise comfortable and could have extended their lead late on when Bywater had to tip Kightly’s effort wide, before the keeper kept out a free kick from substitute Junior Stanislas.

Burnley: Tom Heaton; Kieran Trippier, Michael Duff, Jason Shackell, Ben Mee; Michael Kightly, Dean Marney, David Jones, Scott Arfield (Junior Stanislas 84); Danny Ings (Ross Wallace 88), Sam Vokes (Ashley Barnes 75). Subs not used: Alex Cisak, Kevin Long, David Edgar, Keith Treacy.

Millwall: Stephen Bywater; Ryan Fredericks, Paul Robinson, Shaun Williams, Scott Malone; Steve Morison, Ed Upson (Scott McDonald 68), Martyn Woolford, Jimmy Abdou (Richard Chaplow 75), Lee Martin (Simeon Jackson 55); DJ Campbell. Subs not used: Denzel Gerrar, Alan Dunne, Liam Feeney, Jermaine Easter.

Referee: Keith Stroud.

Attendance: 11,502 (away 356).

Comments (22)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:25pm Sat 8 Feb 14

Dublin Claret says...

Thanks Sean, for another enjoyable Saturday night coming up!!!
Thanks Sean, for another enjoyable Saturday night coming up!!! Dublin Claret
  • Score: 15

5:44pm Sat 8 Feb 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

An excellent win in horrendous conditions. We showed great belief after falling a goal behind and created over 20 goalscoring chances again.

Trippier, ings and Marney were outstanding. Back in second and now havw the longest unbeaten home record in our proud long history.

We are in this for the long haul and are going to take some stopping.
An excellent win in horrendous conditions. We showed great belief after falling a goal behind and created over 20 goalscoring chances again. Trippier, ings and Marney were outstanding. Back in second and now havw the longest unbeaten home record in our proud long history. We are in this for the long haul and are going to take some stopping. Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: 10

5:50pm Sat 8 Feb 14

stevieclaret says...

Thoroughly deserved 3 points and results went in our favour as well. Was great to see the disappointment on Ings' face when he was substituted late on. Shows how hungry he is. A good performance, theee goals and three welcome points.
Thoroughly deserved 3 points and results went in our favour as well. Was great to see the disappointment on Ings' face when he was substituted late on. Shows how hungry he is. A good performance, theee goals and three welcome points. stevieclaret
  • Score: 11

6:26pm Sat 8 Feb 14

look.up.blackburn. says...

Excellent all round performance but more importantly Sean and the boys have delivered just what was needed. Back into that all important second place with QPR having to go to Derby and then play Reading. The Clarets now need to keep the momentum going at Bolton.

UTC
Excellent all round performance but more importantly Sean and the boys have delivered just what was needed. Back into that all important second place with QPR having to go to Derby and then play Reading. The Clarets now need to keep the momentum going at Bolton. UTC look.up.blackburn.
  • Score: 9

7:49pm Sat 8 Feb 14

RobH2O says...

Utterly swamped them today. The conditions were truly appalling though. Such professionalism in the face of the awful elements. 7-1 would not have been an injustice on the play and the chances created. I rate Millwall's keeper - he had an excellent game. Ings in from another planet!
Utterly swamped them today. The conditions were truly appalling though. Such professionalism in the face of the awful elements. 7-1 would not have been an injustice on the play and the chances created. I rate Millwall's keeper - he had an excellent game. Ings in from another planet! RobH2O
  • Score: 6

8:19pm Sat 8 Feb 14

Steven Seagull says...

RobH2O wrote:
Utterly swamped them today. The conditions were truly appalling though. Such professionalism in the face of the awful elements. 7-1 would not have been an injustice on the play and the chances created. I rate Millwall's keeper - he had an excellent game. Ings in from another planet!
We need to keep this up. This was a vital result today and the pressure is now on QPR who have got a tough game on Monday.

UTC
[quote][p][bold]RobH2O[/bold] wrote: Utterly swamped them today. The conditions were truly appalling though. Such professionalism in the face of the awful elements. 7-1 would not have been an injustice on the play and the chances created. I rate Millwall's keeper - he had an excellent game. Ings in from another planet![/p][/quote]We need to keep this up. This was a vital result today and the pressure is now on QPR who have got a tough game on Monday. UTC Steven Seagull
  • Score: 11

10:27pm Sat 8 Feb 14

burnleyglentoran says...

Ian Holloway post match -

"If there's anyone with a better group mentality that Burnley, lets see them. Not too soon mind. Burnley are the best side I've seen this year. It's the best Burnley side I've seen."

BURNLEY FC - 100% BRITISH BOARD

BURNLEY FC - 100% BRITISH TEAM

BURNLEY FC - 100% EAST LANCS TOP DOGS
Ian Holloway post match - "If there's anyone with a better group mentality that Burnley, lets see them. Not too soon mind. Burnley are the best side I've seen this year. It's the best Burnley side I've seen." BURNLEY FC - 100% BRITISH BOARD BURNLEY FC - 100% BRITISH TEAM BURNLEY FC - 100% EAST LANCS TOP DOGS burnleyglentoran
  • Score: 17

9:31am Sun 9 Feb 14

drunken donut says...

11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.
11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together. drunken donut
  • Score: -18

10:47am Sun 9 Feb 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

drunken donut wrote:
11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.
Aww poor you. What an embarrassment it must be to support a side that is bumbling around in mid table whilst watching your bitter rivals smash all before them at the top of the league.

Blackburnare now back below Burnley whey they have always been until fat jack came along, but as most of your plastic fans arrived post 1992 I guess you don't know your history.

Now run along you pathetic Blackburn slug.
[quote][p][bold]drunken donut[/bold] wrote: 11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.[/p][/quote]Aww poor you. What an embarrassment it must be to support a side that is bumbling around in mid table whilst watching your bitter rivals smash all before them at the top of the league. Blackburnare now back below Burnley whey they have always been until fat jack came along, but as most of your plastic fans arrived post 1992 I guess you don't know your history. Now run along you pathetic Blackburn slug. Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: 10

10:48am Sun 9 Feb 14

Burnley59/60 says...

burnleyglentoran wrote:
Ian Holloway post match -

"If there's anyone with a better group mentality that Burnley, lets see them. Not too soon mind. Burnley are the best side I've seen this year. It's the best Burnley side I've seen."

BURNLEY FC - 100% BRITISH BOARD

BURNLEY FC - 100% BRITISH TEAM

BURNLEY FC - 100% EAST LANCS TOP DOGS
Well said its looking like the early 1960s again,when the Clarets were at their very best,long ,oh to see them haunt Europe once more as they once did with such style and class,when The Claret and Blue of Burnley were among the most feared colours in land,and The Likes of Ray Pointer Brian Miller Brian Pilkington John Connely Jimmy Adamson and The One And Only Jimmy Mac flashed across the football fields of England and Europe like a flash of Claret and Blue Lightning Striking fear into the likes of Man Utd Liverpool Arsenal Spurs ETC.Never when I saw them play against Orient,for the Club and The Towns life in 1987 did I expect this to happen once again.Bob Lord ,who for all of his faults loved the town and the club with a fierce pride and passion, and Harry Potts would have been so proud of them
[quote][p][bold]burnleyglentoran[/bold] wrote: Ian Holloway post match - "If there's anyone with a better group mentality that Burnley, lets see them. Not too soon mind. Burnley are the best side I've seen this year. It's the best Burnley side I've seen." BURNLEY FC - 100% BRITISH BOARD BURNLEY FC - 100% BRITISH TEAM BURNLEY FC - 100% EAST LANCS TOP DOGS[/p][/quote]Well said its looking like the early 1960s again,when the Clarets were at their very best,long ,oh to see them haunt Europe once more as they once did with such style and class,when The Claret and Blue of Burnley were among the most feared colours in land,and The Likes of Ray Pointer Brian Miller Brian Pilkington John Connely Jimmy Adamson and The One And Only Jimmy Mac flashed across the football fields of England and Europe like a flash of Claret and Blue Lightning Striking fear into the likes of Man Utd Liverpool Arsenal Spurs ETC.Never when I saw them play against Orient,for the Club and The Towns life in 1987 did I expect this to happen once again.Bob Lord ,who for all of his faults loved the town and the club with a fierce pride and passion, and Harry Potts would have been so proud of them Burnley59/60
  • Score: 9

10:54am Sun 9 Feb 14

Steven Seagull says...

drunken donut wrote:
11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.
The incredible Hulk couldn't be more green than you such is your level of envy.

It must really hurt to be a b@stard right now.
[quote][p][bold]drunken donut[/bold] wrote: 11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.[/p][/quote]The incredible Hulk couldn't be more green than you such is your level of envy. It must really hurt to be a b@stard right now. Steven Seagull
  • Score: 7

10:54am Sun 9 Feb 14

Burnley59/60 says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
drunken donut wrote:
11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.
Aww poor you. What an embarrassment it must be to support a side that is bumbling around in mid table whilst watching your bitter rivals smash all before them at the top of the league.

Blackburnare now back below Burnley whey they have always been until fat jack came along, but as most of your plastic fans arrived post 1992 I guess you don't know your history.

Now run along you pathetic Blackburn slug.
Two points Mr Walker was a real fan of The Blues,Im a Claret to the Core,But Like Bob Lord And Illyas Khan at Stanley he was a real Lancastrian and a real fan,I like Banter but its wrong to call such a man Fat Jack,I wish both He and Bob Lord were still here to teach these foreign Parasites who steal our clubs a lesson.please show such a persons memory some respect
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]drunken donut[/bold] wrote: 11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.[/p][/quote]Aww poor you. What an embarrassment it must be to support a side that is bumbling around in mid table whilst watching your bitter rivals smash all before them at the top of the league. Blackburnare now back below Burnley whey they have always been until fat jack came along, but as most of your plastic fans arrived post 1992 I guess you don't know your history. Now run along you pathetic Blackburn slug.[/p][/quote]Two points Mr Walker was a real fan of The Blues,Im a Claret to the Core,But Like Bob Lord And Illyas Khan at Stanley he was a real Lancastrian and a real fan,I like Banter but its wrong to call such a man Fat Jack,I wish both He and Bob Lord were still here to teach these foreign Parasites who steal our clubs a lesson.please show such a persons memory some respect Burnley59/60
  • Score: 8

1:13pm Sun 9 Feb 14

Ken dodds cousin says...

7 board members now,so lets hope they finally back the manager in this window,and fire that lee hoos hes use-less
7 board members now,so lets hope they finally back the manager in this window,and fire that lee hoos hes use-less Ken dodds cousin
  • Score: -7

1:16pm Sun 9 Feb 14

Ken dodds cousin says...

Blackburnstan rovers soon be in admin and watch rest of there fans return to united shirts like half of darwen
Blackburnstan rovers soon be in admin and watch rest of there fans return to united shirts like half of darwen Ken dodds cousin
  • Score: 0

3:08pm Sun 9 Feb 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

Burnley59/60 wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
drunken donut wrote:
11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.
Aww poor you. What an embarrassment it must be to support a side that is bumbling around in mid table whilst watching your bitter rivals smash all before them at the top of the league.

Blackburnare now back below Burnley whey they have always been until fat jack came along, but as most of your plastic fans arrived post 1992 I guess you don't know your history.

Now run along you pathetic Blackburn slug.
Two points Mr Walker was a real fan of The Blues,Im a Claret to the Core,But Like Bob Lord And Illyas Khan at Stanley he was a real Lancastrian and a real fan,I like Banter but its wrong to call such a man Fat Jack,I wish both He and Bob Lord were still here to teach these foreign Parasites who steal our clubs a lesson.please show such a persons memory some respect
To be fair though he was pretty fat.
[quote][p][bold]Burnley59/60[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]drunken donut[/bold] wrote: 11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.[/p][/quote]Aww poor you. What an embarrassment it must be to support a side that is bumbling around in mid table whilst watching your bitter rivals smash all before them at the top of the league. Blackburnare now back below Burnley whey they have always been until fat jack came along, but as most of your plastic fans arrived post 1992 I guess you don't know your history. Now run along you pathetic Blackburn slug.[/p][/quote]Two points Mr Walker was a real fan of The Blues,Im a Claret to the Core,But Like Bob Lord And Illyas Khan at Stanley he was a real Lancastrian and a real fan,I like Banter but its wrong to call such a man Fat Jack,I wish both He and Bob Lord were still here to teach these foreign Parasites who steal our clubs a lesson.please show such a persons memory some respect[/p][/quote]To be fair though he was pretty fat. Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: 2

4:08pm Sun 9 Feb 14

Chris P Bacon says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
Burnley59/60 wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
drunken donut wrote:
11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.
Aww poor you. What an embarrassment it must be to support a side that is bumbling around in mid table whilst watching your bitter rivals smash all before them at the top of the league.

Blackburnare now back below Burnley whey they have always been until fat jack came along, but as most of your plastic fans arrived post 1992 I guess you don't know your history.

Now run along you pathetic Blackburn slug.
Two points Mr Walker was a real fan of The Blues,Im a Claret to the Core,But Like Bob Lord And Illyas Khan at Stanley he was a real Lancastrian and a real fan,I like Banter but its wrong to call such a man Fat Jack,I wish both He and Bob Lord were still here to teach these foreign Parasites who steal our clubs a lesson.please show such a persons memory some respect
To be fair though he was pretty fat.
You've made a bit of a prat of yourself there, Charlie boy. Show some humility and you'll be better thought of. When you are in a hole, stop digging.
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Burnley59/60[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]drunken donut[/bold] wrote: 11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.[/p][/quote]Aww poor you. What an embarrassment it must be to support a side that is bumbling around in mid table whilst watching your bitter rivals smash all before them at the top of the league. Blackburnare now back below Burnley whey they have always been until fat jack came along, but as most of your plastic fans arrived post 1992 I guess you don't know your history. Now run along you pathetic Blackburn slug.[/p][/quote]Two points Mr Walker was a real fan of The Blues,Im a Claret to the Core,But Like Bob Lord And Illyas Khan at Stanley he was a real Lancastrian and a real fan,I like Banter but its wrong to call such a man Fat Jack,I wish both He and Bob Lord were still here to teach these foreign Parasites who steal our clubs a lesson.please show such a persons memory some respect[/p][/quote]To be fair though he was pretty fat.[/p][/quote]You've made a bit of a prat of yourself there, Charlie boy. Show some humility and you'll be better thought of. When you are in a hole, stop digging. Chris P Bacon
  • Score: 4

5:02pm Sun 9 Feb 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

Chris P Bacon wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
Burnley59/60 wrote:
Champagne plus charlie wrote:
drunken donut wrote:
11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.
Aww poor you. What an embarrassment it must be to support a side that is bumbling around in mid table whilst watching your bitter rivals smash all before them at the top of the league.

Blackburnare now back below Burnley whey they have always been until fat jack came along, but as most of your plastic fans arrived post 1992 I guess you don't know your history.

Now run along you pathetic Blackburn slug.
Two points Mr Walker was a real fan of The Blues,Im a Claret to the Core,But Like Bob Lord And Illyas Khan at Stanley he was a real Lancastrian and a real fan,I like Banter but its wrong to call such a man Fat Jack,I wish both He and Bob Lord were still here to teach these foreign Parasites who steal our clubs a lesson.please show such a persons memory some respect
To be fair though he was pretty fat.
You've made a bit of a prat of yourself there, Charlie boy. Show some humility and you'll be better thought of. When you are in a hole, stop digging.
Give over with your sanctimonious and patronising drivel.

It was merely an observation that Lord Jack of Shadsworth was indeed a portly person. I am sure he was aware of this so stop with your rather pompous nonsense.
[quote][p][bold]Chris P Bacon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Burnley59/60[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]drunken donut[/bold] wrote: 11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.[/p][/quote]Aww poor you. What an embarrassment it must be to support a side that is bumbling around in mid table whilst watching your bitter rivals smash all before them at the top of the league. Blackburnare now back below Burnley whey they have always been until fat jack came along, but as most of your plastic fans arrived post 1992 I guess you don't know your history. Now run along you pathetic Blackburn slug.[/p][/quote]Two points Mr Walker was a real fan of The Blues,Im a Claret to the Core,But Like Bob Lord And Illyas Khan at Stanley he was a real Lancastrian and a real fan,I like Banter but its wrong to call such a man Fat Jack,I wish both He and Bob Lord were still here to teach these foreign Parasites who steal our clubs a lesson.please show such a persons memory some respect[/p][/quote]To be fair though he was pretty fat.[/p][/quote]You've made a bit of a prat of yourself there, Charlie boy. Show some humility and you'll be better thought of. When you are in a hole, stop digging.[/p][/quote]Give over with your sanctimonious and patronising drivel. It was merely an observation that Lord Jack of Shadsworth was indeed a portly person. I am sure he was aware of this so stop with your rather pompous nonsense. Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: -2

8:38pm Sun 9 Feb 14

gazzandste says...

drunken donut wrote:
11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.
Deluded chicken fancier, your never going to match what our lads at Burnley are doing. they are there to make sure we stay above Your set of clowns, and make sure you don`t get anywhere . U T C.
[quote][p][bold]drunken donut[/bold] wrote: 11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.[/p][/quote]Deluded chicken fancier, your never going to match what our lads at Burnley are doing. they are there to make sure we stay above Your set of clowns, and make sure you don`t get anywhere . U T C. gazzandste
  • Score: 2

8:54pm Sun 9 Feb 14

stevieclaret says...

drunken donut wrote:
11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.
Do you realise how pathetic you sound? That is school yard banter at the very best. My 6 year old can do better!!

Your crowds aren't exactly swelling even with cheap season tickets!!
Go and check attendances of travelling fans and you'll find we average more than you. That means we have a higher percentage of fans that follow our team home and away than you.

As for calling us an embaressment to football. Take a look in the mirror sunshine and re-evaluate the comment!!
[quote][p][bold]drunken donut[/bold] wrote: 11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.[/p][/quote]Do you realise how pathetic you sound? That is school yard banter at the very best. My 6 year old can do better!! Your crowds aren't exactly swelling even with cheap season tickets!! Go and check attendances of travelling fans and you'll find we average more than you. That means we have a higher percentage of fans that follow our team home and away than you. As for calling us an embaressment to football. Take a look in the mirror sunshine and re-evaluate the comment!! stevieclaret
  • Score: 4

12:44am Mon 10 Feb 14

twquick says...

It's just a great story. A small market team, with a limited budget, pushing up for promotion against far better funded teams. Just love it, GO CLARETS!
It's just a great story. A small market team, with a limited budget, pushing up for promotion against far better funded teams. Just love it, GO CLARETS! twquick
  • Score: 3

9:19am Mon 10 Feb 14

look.up.blackburn says...

drunken donut wrote:
11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.
Typical jealous no-dad, bitter at the world because his team have had their pants pulled down yet again. Same old story, the points gap widen's so they resort to the old attendance joke because they have nothing left.

Here's one for you Mungo, per head of population Burnley attract the bigger crowd. Always have, always will. And given the fact that your shower give season tickets away for next to nothing makes your argument even more futile. Wind your neck in you clown.
[quote][p][bold]drunken donut[/bold] wrote: 11,000 fans at home, 2nd in the league! What a joke your support is, Rovers get more on and half are staying away in protest against Venky's you really are an embarrassment to football, you don't deserve the team that Sean Dyche has put together.[/p][/quote]Typical jealous no-dad, bitter at the world because his team have had their pants pulled down yet again. Same old story, the points gap widen's so they resort to the old attendance joke because they have nothing left. Here's one for you Mungo, per head of population Burnley attract the bigger crowd. Always have, always will. And given the fact that your shower give season tickets away for next to nothing makes your argument even more futile. Wind your neck in you clown. look.up.blackburn
  • Score: 3

1:07pm Mon 10 Feb 14

houseclaret says...

Not been here for a while. Nice to see the only post from a bitter blue is the old "my dad's bigger than yours" attendance rubbish. Not much else to throw at us really and even that's nonsense on just about every level. Burnley is an economically depressed town and, believe it or not, there are more important things than football, like putting food on the table and keeping a roof over the head.
Anyway, on to more important matters! What of the season so far? A few months ago the jealous ones were on here in droves going on about how it will all be over by Christmas, then new year, then the bubble had burst, then they were gaining on us and were "coming to get us" etc. Ings/Vokes/Trippier were going in the transfer window. Dyche was going to the next big club who needed a manager. This, of course was just a wish list.
Now let's look at the reality! It's mid-February and, lo and behold, we are still second. We didn't lose a single player of importance over the transfer window. Sean Dyche is as happy as a sandboy (whatever a sandboy is). As for the deluded ones catching us up, they have been a fairly consistent 13 points adrift for around 4/5 months now, and it is actually getting worse due to the goal difference (ours is continuing to improve whilst the bitter ones have hovered fairly consistently at zero/plus or minus 2).
Our gates could be better but given the state of the local economy our support holds up well, especially when you consider we don't give tickets away with cornflake packets like some other clubs not a million miles away.
If QPR lose at Derby tomorrow (a distinct possibility) our second place is cemented for the time being and I would be disappointed if we don't get 3 points away to Bolton on Tuesday. To top all that our record against the top clubs in the division is second to none by a country mile (we've not lost to any of them), which again destroys the jealous one's early season argument that we hadn't played any of the top sides.
How could things be much better and how wrong could the footballing underdogs of East Lancashire be?
Not been here for a while. Nice to see the only post from a bitter blue is the old "my dad's bigger than yours" attendance rubbish. Not much else to throw at us really and even that's nonsense on just about every level. Burnley is an economically depressed town and, believe it or not, there are more important things than football, like putting food on the table and keeping a roof over the head. Anyway, on to more important matters! What of the season so far? A few months ago the jealous ones were on here in droves going on about how it will all be over by Christmas, then new year, then the bubble had burst, then they were gaining on us and were "coming to get us" etc. Ings/Vokes/Trippier were going in the transfer window. Dyche was going to the next big club who needed a manager. This, of course was just a wish list. Now let's look at the reality! It's mid-February and, lo and behold, we are still second. We didn't lose a single player of importance over the transfer window. Sean Dyche is as happy as a sandboy (whatever a sandboy is). As for the deluded ones catching us up, they have been a fairly consistent 13 points adrift for around 4/5 months now, and it is actually getting worse due to the goal difference (ours is continuing to improve whilst the bitter ones have hovered fairly consistently at zero/plus or minus 2). Our gates could be better but given the state of the local economy our support holds up well, especially when you consider we don't give tickets away with cornflake packets like some other clubs not a million miles away. If QPR lose at Derby tomorrow (a distinct possibility) our second place is cemented for the time being and I would be disappointed if we don't get 3 points away to Bolton on Tuesday. To top all that our record against the top clubs in the division is second to none by a country mile (we've not lost to any of them), which again destroys the jealous one's early season argument that we hadn't played any of the top sides. How could things be much better and how wrong could the footballing underdogs of East Lancashire be? houseclaret
  • Score: 3

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree