Clarets set to bid again for Barnes
BURNLEY boss Sean Dyche says his search for January reinforcements is ongoing.
The Clarets had a £750,000 bid for Ashley Barnes rejected by Championship Brighton last week but are expected to return with an improved offer.
However, with the Seagulls digging their heels in over keeping the striker, plus Burnley dealing with a number of minor injuries affecting defence and midfield, Dyche is keeping his options open.
“There are a number of irons in fires. There’s an order of business because we haven’t just got the finance to throw it at six or seven so we’ll see how the next few days develops,” said the Clarets boss, who is not anticipating long-term problems for defenders Ben Mee, who missed Saturday’s FA Cup tie at Southampton, or Michael Duff, who was rested.
On-loan winger Michael Kightly was absent with a minor knee problem.
“We’ve still got knocks. Kightly has had a knock, Duff had a couple of knocks that we need to get on top of,” Dyche added.
“The stretched side of the squad is an obvious one. It allows us to give some of the younger ones a feel of it but we need those players back as quick as possible.
“We’re hopeful they’re not too serious. Ben had a thigh problem but we’re happy that’s settling down quickly.”
Comments are closed on this article.