Accrington man's texts broke restraining court order
3:17pm Wednesday 23rd May 2012 in News
A 30-year-old man continued to send text messages to his former partner despite a restraining order being made against him.
Blackburn magistrates heard Kelly Longden initially ignored the texts from Christopher Heywood because they weren’t threatening.
But she called in the police when he said he was glad he now weighed 15 stone because it would give him more power to hit her.
Heywood, of Richmond Street, Accrington, pleaded guilty to breaching the restraining order.
He was remanded in custody for the preparation of a pre-sentence report.
Catherine Allan, prosecuting, said he had already breached the order, which was made in November, and was subject to community supervision.
Robin Phoenix, defending, said it was not one way traffic as far as the texts were concerned.
“She has been sending him messages but he now realises he cannot respond, no matter what she sends to him,” said Mr Phoenix.