Rivington terraced gardens named as one of best in the UK

An atmospheric picture of Rivington terraced gardens

Rivington terraced gardens: a magical place for visitors

Rivington terraced gardens: natural beauty

First published in News
Last updated
This Is Lancashire: Photograph of the Author by , reporter

RIVINGTON’S magical terrace gardens have been recognised as being among the top 10 best lost gardens in the country.

Hit BBC programme Countryfile has compiled a list of the nation’s best secret spots where nature has run wild — and placed Rivington’s special space at number seven on the list.

The terraced gardens were the brainchild of Bolton-born soap magnate Lord Leverhulme, who owned the land, and internationally renowned landscape architect Thomas Mawson, who was commissioned to design the area.

He is said to have regarded them as his finest creation.

The gardens have been open to the public since 1948 and 11 of the structures are now listed by English Heritage.

The Countryfile article describes the gardens, which were given to the people of Bolton by Lord Leverhulme in 1902 as “a remarkable place, still rich in atmosphere”.

It added: “These 45 acres of parkland crossed by paths that wind through exotic and native trees, past pools and waterfalls and derelict follies.”

The gardens require preserving and protecting and after previously securing £64,000 of initial support from the Heritage Lottery Fund, a bid is currently being put together to apply for a £3.3 million grant, which is due to be submitted in February.

The project is being lead by the Rivington Heritage Trust and Groundwork Lancashire and Wigan.

Project manager Ben Williams said the recognition from Countryfile proves what a special place the gardens are.

He added: “Countryfile has talked about that remarkable atmosphere and it is that spirit I love, the semi-ruinous appearance, partly reclaimed by nature.

“It is great for the gardens to be recognised nationally — although it certainly takes the pressure on the bid team up a few notches.

“The lottery project is not about improving them, it is about protecting and sustaining them because we all know how special they are.”

“We have been doing a lot of research into the efforts Moorson and Lever went to in order to carve this fantastic place out of what was just a chunk of moorland, it is amazing.”

Bolton’s Cllr Christopher Peacock is on the board of the Rivington Heritage Trust and a regular visitor to the gardens.

He said: “The gardens are such a treasure for the people of Bolton and the surrounding areas, we should all be incredibly proud of them.

“This recognition from Countryfile is a great thing and just highlights what a magical place we have — I would suggest anyone who hasn’t been up in a while should visit soon, every time I go I find a new path or folly, it’s a new adventure every time.”

A summary of the plan is available by going to Rivington Heritage Trust’s website — rivingtonheritagetrust.co.uk.

Also, details of events and activities where people can come and find out more about the Gardens and the proposals will be put on this website and on Twitter — @RivingtonTG, and at facebook.com/RivingtonTG.

The trust will be hosting guided tours of the Terraced Gardens, where people can meet the project team and ask questions.

Comments (19)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:01pm Tue 26 Aug 14

WHATAMESSS.66 says...

luv rivvy, its like milk its BRILLIANT.
luv rivvy, its like milk its BRILLIANT. WHATAMESSS.66
  • Score: 10

12:45pm Tue 26 Aug 14

DENBO1948 says...

sounds like they are getting a £3.3million pound grant to keep it a mess too. I agree with money being spent to improve it to tidy it up and clear up the waterfalls etc.
sounds like they are getting a £3.3million pound grant to keep it a mess too. I agree with money being spent to improve it to tidy it up and clear up the waterfalls etc. DENBO1948
  • Score: 9

4:44pm Tue 26 Aug 14

Gore Seer says...

The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.
The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?. Gore Seer
  • Score: -10

5:11pm Tue 26 Aug 14

MissDaisey says...

does anyone know where this 3million grant is coming from??
does anyone know where this 3million grant is coming from?? MissDaisey
  • Score: -1

5:39pm Tue 26 Aug 14

lv8151 says...

MissDaisey wrote:
does anyone know where this 3million grant is coming from??
http://corporate.uni
tedutilities.com/263
3.aspx
[quote][p][bold]MissDaisey[/bold] wrote: does anyone know where this 3million grant is coming from??[/p][/quote]http://corporate.uni tedutilities.com/263 3.aspx lv8151
  • Score: 2

5:40pm Tue 26 Aug 14

lv8151 says...

MissDaisey wrote:
does anyone know where this 3million grant is coming from??
http://corporate.uni
tedutilities.com/263
3.aspx
[quote][p][bold]MissDaisey[/bold] wrote: does anyone know where this 3million grant is coming from??[/p][/quote]http://corporate.uni tedutilities.com/263 3.aspx lv8151
  • Score: 2

6:50pm Tue 26 Aug 14

hal pel says...

Gore Seer wrote:
The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.
As usual, you're wrong.
[quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.[/p][/quote]As usual, you're wrong. hal pel
  • Score: 11

9:15pm Tue 26 Aug 14

cobblers7 says...

Protection of the gardens for future generations to enjoy is of course commendable. But first things first - Rivington park is slowly being ruined by a total lack of adequate traffic control. Each summer the area is inundated with cars parked along each access road and all along the paths that radiate from them, completely spoiling the natural beauty of the place.
If Rivington is to be protected and preserved there is a desperate need for restrictions on vehicular access, with large peripheral car parks and an adequate park and ride facility. I know, I know, it won't happen.
Protection of the gardens for future generations to enjoy is of course commendable. But first things first - Rivington park is slowly being ruined by a total lack of adequate traffic control. Each summer the area is inundated with cars parked along each access road and all along the paths that radiate from them, completely spoiling the natural beauty of the place. If Rivington is to be protected and preserved there is a desperate need for restrictions on vehicular access, with large peripheral car parks and an adequate park and ride facility. I know, I know, it won't happen. cobblers7
  • Score: 2

9:40pm Tue 26 Aug 14

sallyupsteps says...

Gore Seer wrote:
The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.
You've got it wrong?
[quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.[/p][/quote]You've got it wrong? sallyupsteps
  • Score: 10

10:15pm Tue 26 Aug 14

Gore Seer says...

hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.
As usual, you're wrong.
Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.
[quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.[/p][/quote]As usual, you're wrong.[/p][/quote]Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?. Gore Seer
  • Score: -8

12:36am Wed 27 Aug 14

hal pel says...

Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.
As usual, you're wrong.
Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.
Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike. The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913. Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922. The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.

After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building.
[quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.[/p][/quote]As usual, you're wrong.[/p][/quote]Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.[/p][/quote]Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike.[58][60] The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913.[61] Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922.[62] The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.[63] After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building. hal pel
  • Score: 8

10:06am Wed 27 Aug 14

Gore Seer says...

hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.
As usual, you're wrong.
Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.
Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike. The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913. Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922. The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.

After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building.
There Was A Program On TV Many Years Ago, That Claimed The House Was Demolish Because Of Death Duties, So If My Info Is Incorrect Than The Program Was Wrong It Was Not Me.
[quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.[/p][/quote]As usual, you're wrong.[/p][/quote]Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.[/p][/quote]Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike.[58][60] The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913.[61] Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922.[62] The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.[63] After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building.[/p][/quote]There Was A Program On TV Many Years Ago, That Claimed The House Was Demolish Because Of Death Duties, So If My Info Is Incorrect Than The Program Was Wrong It Was Not Me. Gore Seer
  • Score: -6

10:32am Wed 27 Aug 14

Gore Seer says...

Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.
As usual, you're wrong.
Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.
Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike. The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913. Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922. The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.

After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building.
There Was A Program On TV Many Years Ago, That Claimed The House Was Demolish Because Of Death Duties, So If My Info Is Incorrect Than The Program Was Wrong It Was Not Me.
If Wiki Is Correct, Edith Rigby Is My Hero, Leverhulms Fortune Was Gain On Force Slavery In The Congo The Gardens Should Be Destroyed As A Memorial To Those Slaves Killed For Palm Oil.
[quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.[/p][/quote]As usual, you're wrong.[/p][/quote]Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.[/p][/quote]Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike.[58][60] The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913.[61] Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922.[62] The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.[63] After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building.[/p][/quote]There Was A Program On TV Many Years Ago, That Claimed The House Was Demolish Because Of Death Duties, So If My Info Is Incorrect Than The Program Was Wrong It Was Not Me.[/p][/quote]If Wiki Is Correct, Edith Rigby Is My Hero, Leverhulms Fortune Was Gain On Force Slavery In The Congo The Gardens Should Be Destroyed As A Memorial To Those Slaves Killed For Palm Oil. Gore Seer
  • Score: -5

12:00pm Wed 27 Aug 14

hal pel says...

Gore Seer wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.
As usual, you're wrong.
Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.
Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike. The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913. Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922. The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.

After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building.
There Was A Program On TV Many Years Ago, That Claimed The House Was Demolish Because Of Death Duties, So If My Info Is Incorrect Than The Program Was Wrong It Was Not Me.
If Wiki Is Correct, Edith Rigby Is My Hero, Leverhulms Fortune Was Gain On Force Slavery In The Congo The Gardens Should Be Destroyed As A Memorial To Those Slaves Killed For Palm Oil.
Why don't you have a chat with Lord Leverhulme about it? You speak to dead people don't you?
[quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.[/p][/quote]As usual, you're wrong.[/p][/quote]Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.[/p][/quote]Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike.[58][60] The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913.[61] Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922.[62] The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.[63] After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building.[/p][/quote]There Was A Program On TV Many Years Ago, That Claimed The House Was Demolish Because Of Death Duties, So If My Info Is Incorrect Than The Program Was Wrong It Was Not Me.[/p][/quote]If Wiki Is Correct, Edith Rigby Is My Hero, Leverhulms Fortune Was Gain On Force Slavery In The Congo The Gardens Should Be Destroyed As A Memorial To Those Slaves Killed For Palm Oil.[/p][/quote]Why don't you have a chat with Lord Leverhulme about it? You speak to dead people don't you? hal pel
  • Score: 6

5:43pm Wed 27 Aug 14

Gore Seer says...

hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.
As usual, you're wrong.
Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.
Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike. The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913. Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922. The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.

After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building.
There Was A Program On TV Many Years Ago, That Claimed The House Was Demolish Because Of Death Duties, So If My Info Is Incorrect Than The Program Was Wrong It Was Not Me.
If Wiki Is Correct, Edith Rigby Is My Hero, Leverhulms Fortune Was Gain On Force Slavery In The Congo The Gardens Should Be Destroyed As A Memorial To Those Slaves Killed For Palm Oil.
Why don't you have a chat with Lord Leverhulme about it? You speak to dead people don't you?
Ho Dear Are You A Are You A Fan Of Lever Hulme, Me I Am A Fan Of Edith Rigby If This Lever Hulme Ever Came To Me, I Would Not Acknowledge His Existence, But EDITH I WOULD GIVE Her A Medal She Can Come Any Time To Visit Me, On The Other Hand Hal Pel, Why Don't You Borrow A Ouija Board, Or Purchase A Cheap One, Sit On Your Own, Read The Instructions And Have A Talk, See Who Or What Contacts You, There Are Many Different Types Of Boards You Can Tune Into. I Shall Wait For Your Report On The Board You Have Got Me Exited Now So Please Hurry.
[quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.[/p][/quote]As usual, you're wrong.[/p][/quote]Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.[/p][/quote]Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike.[58][60] The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913.[61] Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922.[62] The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.[63] After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building.[/p][/quote]There Was A Program On TV Many Years Ago, That Claimed The House Was Demolish Because Of Death Duties, So If My Info Is Incorrect Than The Program Was Wrong It Was Not Me.[/p][/quote]If Wiki Is Correct, Edith Rigby Is My Hero, Leverhulms Fortune Was Gain On Force Slavery In The Congo The Gardens Should Be Destroyed As A Memorial To Those Slaves Killed For Palm Oil.[/p][/quote]Why don't you have a chat with Lord Leverhulme about it? You speak to dead people don't you?[/p][/quote]Ho Dear Are You A Are You A Fan Of Lever Hulme, Me I Am A Fan Of Edith Rigby If This Lever Hulme Ever Came To Me, I Would Not Acknowledge His Existence, But EDITH I WOULD GIVE Her A Medal She Can Come Any Time To Visit Me, On The Other Hand Hal Pel, Why Don't You Borrow A Ouija Board, Or Purchase A Cheap One, Sit On Your Own, Read The Instructions And Have A Talk, See Who Or What Contacts You, There Are Many Different Types Of Boards You Can Tune Into. I Shall Wait For Your Report On The Board You Have Got Me Exited Now So Please Hurry. Gore Seer
  • Score: -6

6:15pm Wed 27 Aug 14

hal pel says...

Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.
As usual, you're wrong.
Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.
Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike. The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913. Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922. The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.

After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building.
There Was A Program On TV Many Years Ago, That Claimed The House Was Demolish Because Of Death Duties, So If My Info Is Incorrect Than The Program Was Wrong It Was Not Me.
If Wiki Is Correct, Edith Rigby Is My Hero, Leverhulms Fortune Was Gain On Force Slavery In The Congo The Gardens Should Be Destroyed As A Memorial To Those Slaves Killed For Palm Oil.
Why don't you have a chat with Lord Leverhulme about it? You speak to dead people don't you?
Ho Dear Are You A Are You A Fan Of Lever Hulme, Me I Am A Fan Of Edith Rigby If This Lever Hulme Ever Came To Me, I Would Not Acknowledge His Existence, But EDITH I WOULD GIVE Her A Medal She Can Come Any Time To Visit Me, On The Other Hand Hal Pel, Why Don't You Borrow A Ouija Board, Or Purchase A Cheap One, Sit On Your Own, Read The Instructions And Have A Talk, See Who Or What Contacts You, There Are Many Different Types Of Boards You Can Tune Into. I Shall Wait For Your Report On The Board You Have Got Me Exited Now So Please Hurry.
Lol! You really are a nutcase Peter! Your meds aren't working.
[quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.[/p][/quote]As usual, you're wrong.[/p][/quote]Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.[/p][/quote]Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike.[58][60] The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913.[61] Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922.[62] The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.[63] After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building.[/p][/quote]There Was A Program On TV Many Years Ago, That Claimed The House Was Demolish Because Of Death Duties, So If My Info Is Incorrect Than The Program Was Wrong It Was Not Me.[/p][/quote]If Wiki Is Correct, Edith Rigby Is My Hero, Leverhulms Fortune Was Gain On Force Slavery In The Congo The Gardens Should Be Destroyed As A Memorial To Those Slaves Killed For Palm Oil.[/p][/quote]Why don't you have a chat with Lord Leverhulme about it? You speak to dead people don't you?[/p][/quote]Ho Dear Are You A Are You A Fan Of Lever Hulme, Me I Am A Fan Of Edith Rigby If This Lever Hulme Ever Came To Me, I Would Not Acknowledge His Existence, But EDITH I WOULD GIVE Her A Medal She Can Come Any Time To Visit Me, On The Other Hand Hal Pel, Why Don't You Borrow A Ouija Board, Or Purchase A Cheap One, Sit On Your Own, Read The Instructions And Have A Talk, See Who Or What Contacts You, There Are Many Different Types Of Boards You Can Tune Into. I Shall Wait For Your Report On The Board You Have Got Me Exited Now So Please Hurry.[/p][/quote]Lol! You really are a nutcase Peter! Your meds aren't working. hal pel
  • Score: 5

10:48pm Wed 27 Aug 14

Gore Seer says...

hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.
As usual, you're wrong.
Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.
Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike. The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913. Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922. The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.

After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building.
There Was A Program On TV Many Years Ago, That Claimed The House Was Demolish Because Of Death Duties, So If My Info Is Incorrect Than The Program Was Wrong It Was Not Me.
If Wiki Is Correct, Edith Rigby Is My Hero, Leverhulms Fortune Was Gain On Force Slavery In The Congo The Gardens Should Be Destroyed As A Memorial To Those Slaves Killed For Palm Oil.
Why don't you have a chat with Lord Leverhulme about it? You speak to dead people don't you?
Ho Dear Are You A Are You A Fan Of Lever Hulme, Me I Am A Fan Of Edith Rigby If This Lever Hulme Ever Came To Me, I Would Not Acknowledge His Existence, But EDITH I WOULD GIVE Her A Medal She Can Come Any Time To Visit Me, On The Other Hand Hal Pel, Why Don't You Borrow A Ouija Board, Or Purchase A Cheap One, Sit On Your Own, Read The Instructions And Have A Talk, See Who Or What Contacts You, There Are Many Different Types Of Boards You Can Tune Into. I Shall Wait For Your Report On The Board You Have Got Me Exited Now So Please Hurry.
Lol! You really are a nutcase Peter! Your meds aren't working.
Bless You, I Will Hold Your Hand, Come On Take The Challenge, Me, And You, I Have This Non-existent GOD Protecting Me, You Well I Will Be Looking After Your ****.
[quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.[/p][/quote]As usual, you're wrong.[/p][/quote]Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.[/p][/quote]Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike.[58][60] The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913.[61] Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922.[62] The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.[63] After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building.[/p][/quote]There Was A Program On TV Many Years Ago, That Claimed The House Was Demolish Because Of Death Duties, So If My Info Is Incorrect Than The Program Was Wrong It Was Not Me.[/p][/quote]If Wiki Is Correct, Edith Rigby Is My Hero, Leverhulms Fortune Was Gain On Force Slavery In The Congo The Gardens Should Be Destroyed As A Memorial To Those Slaves Killed For Palm Oil.[/p][/quote]Why don't you have a chat with Lord Leverhulme about it? You speak to dead people don't you?[/p][/quote]Ho Dear Are You A Are You A Fan Of Lever Hulme, Me I Am A Fan Of Edith Rigby If This Lever Hulme Ever Came To Me, I Would Not Acknowledge His Existence, But EDITH I WOULD GIVE Her A Medal She Can Come Any Time To Visit Me, On The Other Hand Hal Pel, Why Don't You Borrow A Ouija Board, Or Purchase A Cheap One, Sit On Your Own, Read The Instructions And Have A Talk, See Who Or What Contacts You, There Are Many Different Types Of Boards You Can Tune Into. I Shall Wait For Your Report On The Board You Have Got Me Exited Now So Please Hurry.[/p][/quote]Lol! You really are a nutcase Peter! Your meds aren't working.[/p][/quote]Bless You, I Will Hold Your Hand, Come On Take The Challenge, Me, And You, I Have This Non-existent GOD Protecting Me, You Well I Will Be Looking After Your ****. Gore Seer
  • Score: -6

8:45am Thu 28 Aug 14

Gore Seer says...

Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.
As usual, you're wrong.
Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.
Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike. The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913. Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922. The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.

After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building.
There Was A Program On TV Many Years Ago, That Claimed The House Was Demolish Because Of Death Duties, So If My Info Is Incorrect Than The Program Was Wrong It Was Not Me.
If Wiki Is Correct, Edith Rigby Is My Hero, Leverhulms Fortune Was Gain On Force Slavery In The Congo The Gardens Should Be Destroyed As A Memorial To Those Slaves Killed For Palm Oil.
Why don't you have a chat with Lord Leverhulme about it? You speak to dead people don't you?
Ho Dear Are You A Are You A Fan Of Lever Hulme, Me I Am A Fan Of Edith Rigby If This Lever Hulme Ever Came To Me, I Would Not Acknowledge His Existence, But EDITH I WOULD GIVE Her A Medal She Can Come Any Time To Visit Me, On The Other Hand Hal Pel, Why Don't You Borrow A Ouija Board, Or Purchase A Cheap One, Sit On Your Own, Read The Instructions And Have A Talk, See Who Or What Contacts You, There Are Many Different Types Of Boards You Can Tune Into. I Shall Wait For Your Report On The Board You Have Got Me Exited Now So Please Hurry.
Lol! You really are a nutcase Peter! Your meds aren't working.
Bless You, I Will Hold Your Hand, Come On Take The Challenge, Me, And You, I Have This Non-existent GOD Protecting Me, You Well I Will Be Looking After Your ****.
I Was Told By St Barbara That I Cannot Help A Person Going On These Boards, And I Did Not Give A Warning, They Can Be Very Dangeras.
[quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.[/p][/quote]As usual, you're wrong.[/p][/quote]Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.[/p][/quote]Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike.[58][60] The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913.[61] Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922.[62] The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.[63] After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building.[/p][/quote]There Was A Program On TV Many Years Ago, That Claimed The House Was Demolish Because Of Death Duties, So If My Info Is Incorrect Than The Program Was Wrong It Was Not Me.[/p][/quote]If Wiki Is Correct, Edith Rigby Is My Hero, Leverhulms Fortune Was Gain On Force Slavery In The Congo The Gardens Should Be Destroyed As A Memorial To Those Slaves Killed For Palm Oil.[/p][/quote]Why don't you have a chat with Lord Leverhulme about it? You speak to dead people don't you?[/p][/quote]Ho Dear Are You A Are You A Fan Of Lever Hulme, Me I Am A Fan Of Edith Rigby If This Lever Hulme Ever Came To Me, I Would Not Acknowledge His Existence, But EDITH I WOULD GIVE Her A Medal She Can Come Any Time To Visit Me, On The Other Hand Hal Pel, Why Don't You Borrow A Ouija Board, Or Purchase A Cheap One, Sit On Your Own, Read The Instructions And Have A Talk, See Who Or What Contacts You, There Are Many Different Types Of Boards You Can Tune Into. I Shall Wait For Your Report On The Board You Have Got Me Exited Now So Please Hurry.[/p][/quote]Lol! You really are a nutcase Peter! Your meds aren't working.[/p][/quote]Bless You, I Will Hold Your Hand, Come On Take The Challenge, Me, And You, I Have This Non-existent GOD Protecting Me, You Well I Will Be Looking After Your ****.[/p][/quote]I Was Told By St Barbara That I Cannot Help A Person Going On These Boards, And I Did Not Give A Warning, They Can Be Very Dangeras. Gore Seer
  • Score: -5

3:17pm Thu 28 Aug 14

hal pel says...

Gore Seer wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
hal pel wrote:
Gore Seer wrote:
The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.
As usual, you're wrong.
Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.
Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike. The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913. Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922. The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.

After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building.
There Was A Program On TV Many Years Ago, That Claimed The House Was Demolish Because Of Death Duties, So If My Info Is Incorrect Than The Program Was Wrong It Was Not Me.
If Wiki Is Correct, Edith Rigby Is My Hero, Leverhulms Fortune Was Gain On Force Slavery In The Congo The Gardens Should Be Destroyed As A Memorial To Those Slaves Killed For Palm Oil.
Why don't you have a chat with Lord Leverhulme about it? You speak to dead people don't you?
Ho Dear Are You A Are You A Fan Of Lever Hulme, Me I Am A Fan Of Edith Rigby If This Lever Hulme Ever Came To Me, I Would Not Acknowledge His Existence, But EDITH I WOULD GIVE Her A Medal She Can Come Any Time To Visit Me, On The Other Hand Hal Pel, Why Don't You Borrow A Ouija Board, Or Purchase A Cheap One, Sit On Your Own, Read The Instructions And Have A Talk, See Who Or What Contacts You, There Are Many Different Types Of Boards You Can Tune Into. I Shall Wait For Your Report On The Board You Have Got Me Exited Now So Please Hurry.
Lol! You really are a nutcase Peter! Your meds aren't working.
Bless You, I Will Hold Your Hand, Come On Take The Challenge, Me, And You, I Have This Non-existent GOD Protecting Me, You Well I Will Be Looking After Your ****.
I Was Told By St Barbara That I Cannot Help A Person Going On These Boards, And I Did Not Give A Warning, They Can Be Very Dangeras.
Nutter!
[quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hal pel[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gore Seer[/bold] wrote: The Gardens And House Were Destroyed Because Of Land Taxis Or Have I Got It Wrong?.[/p][/quote]As usual, you're wrong.[/p][/quote]Edith Rigby Burt The Wooden Bungalow, So Were Was The Stone Replacement Home Built?.[/p][/quote]Roynton Cottage, originally a single-storey wooden bungalow, and its extensive gardens were the private property of William Lever, which he used for weekend visits and entertaining, high on the hillside below Rivington Pike.[58][60] The bungalow was destroyed in an arson attack by suffragette, Edith Rigby, on 8 July 1913.[61] Its replacement was built of stone. Thomas Mawson designed the 45-acre (180,000 m2) gardens between 1905 and 1922.[62] The private gardens contained terraces and a pool, a Japanese lake and pagoda, Italian-style gardens, a seven-arched bridge and the Pigeon Tower with Lady Leverhulme's sewing room on the top floor.[63] After Lever's death Roynton Cottage was acquired by the Bolton brewer, John Magee. During the Second World War the bungalow was requisitioned to be used as a billet for troops, and nissen huts were erected in the grounds. After the war the site was acquired by Liverpool Corporation, who decided to demolish the building.[/p][/quote]There Was A Program On TV Many Years Ago, That Claimed The House Was Demolish Because Of Death Duties, So If My Info Is Incorrect Than The Program Was Wrong It Was Not Me.[/p][/quote]If Wiki Is Correct, Edith Rigby Is My Hero, Leverhulms Fortune Was Gain On Force Slavery In The Congo The Gardens Should Be Destroyed As A Memorial To Those Slaves Killed For Palm Oil.[/p][/quote]Why don't you have a chat with Lord Leverhulme about it? You speak to dead people don't you?[/p][/quote]Ho Dear Are You A Are You A Fan Of Lever Hulme, Me I Am A Fan Of Edith Rigby If This Lever Hulme Ever Came To Me, I Would Not Acknowledge His Existence, But EDITH I WOULD GIVE Her A Medal She Can Come Any Time To Visit Me, On The Other Hand Hal Pel, Why Don't You Borrow A Ouija Board, Or Purchase A Cheap One, Sit On Your Own, Read The Instructions And Have A Talk, See Who Or What Contacts You, There Are Many Different Types Of Boards You Can Tune Into. I Shall Wait For Your Report On The Board You Have Got Me Exited Now So Please Hurry.[/p][/quote]Lol! You really are a nutcase Peter! Your meds aren't working.[/p][/quote]Bless You, I Will Hold Your Hand, Come On Take The Challenge, Me, And You, I Have This Non-existent GOD Protecting Me, You Well I Will Be Looking After Your ****.[/p][/quote]I Was Told By St Barbara That I Cannot Help A Person Going On These Boards, And I Did Not Give A Warning, They Can Be Very Dangeras.[/p][/quote]Nutter! hal pel
  • Score: 9
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree