Woman breaks ankle after crashing into wall in Wheatfield Street, Darcy Lever

The car after it smashed into a wall in Wheatfield Street, Darcy Lever

The car after it smashed into a wall in Wheatfield Street, Darcy Lever

The smashed up wall in Wheatfield Street, Darcy Lever.

First published in News
Last updated
This Is Lancashire: Photograph of the Author by , reporter

A WOMAN has broken her ankle after crashing into a wall in Darcy Lever.

The woman, who was driving a Ford Mondeo and is believed to be in her early 50s, crashed into the wall in Wheatfield Street at about noon today.

She was the only person in the vehicle when she crashed.

Part of the road was blocked off while the woman was treated for her injuries, causing brief traffic disruption.

Comments (20)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:44pm Thu 14 Aug 14

swager123 says...

Come on BN Wheatfield Street is in the Haulgh and not Darcy Lever !
Come on BN Wheatfield Street is in the Haulgh and not Darcy Lever ! swager123
  • Score: 8

5:19pm Thu 14 Aug 14

paulrich says...

swager123 wrote:
Come on BN Wheatfield Street is in the Haulgh and not Darcy Lever !
Sorry - Wheatfield St is in my Ward - Darcy Lever - as is Kirkwall Drive.
[quote][p][bold]swager123[/bold] wrote: Come on BN Wheatfield Street is in the Haulgh and not Darcy Lever ![/p][/quote]Sorry - Wheatfield St is in my Ward - Darcy Lever - as is Kirkwall Drive. paulrich
  • Score: -2

5:27pm Thu 14 Aug 14

swager123 says...

paulrich wrote:
swager123 wrote:
Come on BN Wheatfield Street is in the Haulgh and not Darcy Lever !
Sorry - Wheatfield St is in my Ward - Darcy Lever - as is Kirkwall Drive.
Both are in the Haulgh !
[quote][p][bold]paulrich[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]swager123[/bold] wrote: Come on BN Wheatfield Street is in the Haulgh and not Darcy Lever ![/p][/quote]Sorry - Wheatfield St is in my Ward - Darcy Lever - as is Kirkwall Drive.[/p][/quote]Both are in the Haulgh ! swager123
  • Score: 5

6:25pm Thu 14 Aug 14

mr.mark.c says...

Oh shut up moaning, petty minded fools.
Oh shut up moaning, petty minded fools. mr.mark.c
  • Score: 4

6:34pm Thu 14 Aug 14

swager123 says...

mr.mark.c wrote:
Oh shut up moaning, petty minded fools.
who's moaning ??? and who you calling a fool you pleb !!!
[quote][p][bold]mr.mark.c[/bold] wrote: Oh shut up moaning, petty minded fools.[/p][/quote]who's moaning ??? and who you calling a fool you pleb !!! swager123
  • Score: -4

6:45pm Thu 14 Aug 14

cosmicma says...

how are people crashing into walls for no apparent reason ??

distracted perhaps ??
how are people crashing into walls for no apparent reason ?? distracted perhaps ?? cosmicma
  • Score: -5

6:49pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Coleygiz says...

cosmicma wrote:
how are people crashing into walls for no apparent reason ??

distracted perhaps ??
That driver is my sister and no she wasn't distracted. After turning onto wheat field street the steering jammed and in her panic she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake. The car was in the garage yesterday over the steering so we are waiting to find out if it was something the garage had or hadn't done
[quote][p][bold]cosmicma[/bold] wrote: how are people crashing into walls for no apparent reason ?? distracted perhaps ??[/p][/quote]That driver is my sister and no she wasn't distracted. After turning onto wheat field street the steering jammed and in her panic she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake. The car was in the garage yesterday over the steering so we are waiting to find out if it was something the garage had or hadn't done Coleygiz
  • Score: 27

7:10pm Thu 14 Aug 14

questionairre says...

Brilliant:
quote: 'After turning onto wheat field street the steering jammed and in her panic she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake'.

You couldn't make it up.

I stick with my earlier comment.
Brilliant: quote: 'After turning onto wheat field street the steering jammed and in her panic she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake'. You couldn't make it up. I stick with my earlier comment. questionairre
  • Score: -22

9:38pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Citizen Cane says...

Coleygiz wrote:
cosmicma wrote:
how are people crashing into walls for no apparent reason ??

distracted perhaps ??
That driver is my sister and no she wasn't distracted. After turning onto wheat field street the steering jammed and in her panic she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake. The car was in the garage yesterday over the steering so we are waiting to find out if it was something the garage had or hadn't done
...so, you took it to the "garage" for the "garage" to tell you if they had been negligent, resulting in a possible liability claim? What is their independent conclusion?

I'm also not so sure that you should seemingly be admitting fault to the world, on behalf of your sister, since that is almost certainly something that invalidates an insurance claim.
[quote][p][bold]Coleygiz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cosmicma[/bold] wrote: how are people crashing into walls for no apparent reason ?? distracted perhaps ??[/p][/quote]That driver is my sister and no she wasn't distracted. After turning onto wheat field street the steering jammed and in her panic she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake. The car was in the garage yesterday over the steering so we are waiting to find out if it was something the garage had or hadn't done[/p][/quote]...so, you took it to the "garage" for the "garage" to tell you if they had been negligent, resulting in a possible liability claim? What is their independent conclusion? I'm also not so sure that you should seemingly be admitting fault to the world, on behalf of your sister, since that is almost certainly something that invalidates an insurance claim. Citizen Cane
  • Score: -1

10:32pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Coleygiz says...

Citizen Cane wrote:
Coleygiz wrote:
cosmicma wrote:
how are people crashing into walls for no apparent reason ??

distracted perhaps ??
That driver is my sister and no she wasn't distracted. After turning onto wheat field street the steering jammed and in her panic she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake. The car was in the garage yesterday over the steering so we are waiting to find out if it was something the garage had or hadn't done
...so, you took it to the "garage" for the "garage" to tell you if they had been negligent, resulting in a possible liability claim? What is their independent conclusion?

I'm also not so sure that you should seemingly be admitting fault to the world, on behalf of your sister, since that is almost certainly something that invalidates an insurance claim.
She has written proof of what the garage had done. She hasn't taken it back to that garage for them to see if they had been negligent or not, the car is now in the hands of the insurance assessors. The car has a camera that will prove she wasn't speeding.
[quote][p][bold]Citizen Cane[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Coleygiz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cosmicma[/bold] wrote: how are people crashing into walls for no apparent reason ?? distracted perhaps ??[/p][/quote]That driver is my sister and no she wasn't distracted. After turning onto wheat field street the steering jammed and in her panic she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake. The car was in the garage yesterday over the steering so we are waiting to find out if it was something the garage had or hadn't done[/p][/quote]...so, you took it to the "garage" for the "garage" to tell you if they had been negligent, resulting in a possible liability claim? What is their independent conclusion? I'm also not so sure that you should seemingly be admitting fault to the world, on behalf of your sister, since that is almost certainly something that invalidates an insurance claim.[/p][/quote]She has written proof of what the garage had done. She hasn't taken it back to that garage for them to see if they had been negligent or not, the car is now in the hands of the insurance assessors. The car has a camera that will prove she wasn't speeding. Coleygiz
  • Score: -2

10:38pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Coleygiz says...

It amazes me how people on here can't just make a comment, they have to jump to their own self righteous conclusions. I sincerely hope the same thing doesn't happen to these people. By the way, just for the same people, thanks for not asking but the driver is now out of hospital with a broken foot
It amazes me how people on here can't just make a comment, they have to jump to their own self righteous conclusions. I sincerely hope the same thing doesn't happen to these people. By the way, just for the same people, thanks for not asking but the driver is now out of hospital with a broken foot Coleygiz
  • Score: -2

10:40pm Thu 14 Aug 14

Coleygiz says...

questionairre wrote:
Brilliant:
quote: 'After turning onto wheat field street the steering jammed and in her panic she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake'.

You couldn't make it up.

I stick with my earlier comment.
You're right, you couldn't make it up. That's because it didn't need making up. Were you by any chance one of the many drivers that drove past and didn't stop to help even though she was trapped in the car??
[quote][p][bold]questionairre[/bold] wrote: Brilliant: quote: 'After turning onto wheat field street the steering jammed and in her panic she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake'. You couldn't make it up. I stick with my earlier comment.[/p][/quote]You're right, you couldn't make it up. That's because it didn't need making up. Were you by any chance one of the many drivers that drove past and didn't stop to help even though she was trapped in the car?? Coleygiz
  • Score: 1

12:30am Fri 15 Aug 14

Coleygiz says...

Coleygiz wrote:
questionairre wrote:
Brilliant:
quote: 'After turning onto wheat field street the steering jammed and in her panic she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake'.

You couldn't make it up.

I stick with my earlier comment.
You're right, you couldn't make it up. That's because it didn't need making up. Were you by any chance one of the many drivers that drove past and didn't stop to help even though she was trapped in the car??
Or were you one of the many drivers that stopped to take a photo?
[quote][p][bold]Coleygiz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]questionairre[/bold] wrote: Brilliant: quote: 'After turning onto wheat field street the steering jammed and in her panic she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake'. You couldn't make it up. I stick with my earlier comment.[/p][/quote]You're right, you couldn't make it up. That's because it didn't need making up. Were you by any chance one of the many drivers that drove past and didn't stop to help even though she was trapped in the car??[/p][/quote]Or were you one of the many drivers that stopped to take a photo? Coleygiz
  • Score: -3

7:37am Fri 15 Aug 14

SSMassive says...

Coleygiz don't get drawn in by the retards on here it is none of their business and you don't explain your sister's actions to them
Coleygiz don't get drawn in by the retards on here it is none of their business and you don't explain your sister's actions to them SSMassive
  • Score: 0

8:31am Fri 15 Aug 14

MarkAllRead says...

Citizen Cane wrote:
Coleygiz wrote:
cosmicma wrote:
how are people crashing into walls for no apparent reason ??

distracted perhaps ??
That driver is my sister and no she wasn't distracted. After turning onto wheat field street the steering jammed and in her panic she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake. The car was in the garage yesterday over the steering so we are waiting to find out if it was something the garage had or hadn't done
...so, you took it to the "garage" for the "garage" to tell you if they had been negligent, resulting in a possible liability claim? What is their independent conclusion?

I'm also not so sure that you should seemingly be admitting fault to the world, on behalf of your sister, since that is almost certainly something that invalidates an insurance claim.
It doesn't say that the car went back to the same garage after the accident. Also, why would admitting fault invalidate an insurance claim?
[quote][p][bold]Citizen Cane[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Coleygiz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cosmicma[/bold] wrote: how are people crashing into walls for no apparent reason ?? distracted perhaps ??[/p][/quote]That driver is my sister and no she wasn't distracted. After turning onto wheat field street the steering jammed and in her panic she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake. The car was in the garage yesterday over the steering so we are waiting to find out if it was something the garage had or hadn't done[/p][/quote]...so, you took it to the "garage" for the "garage" to tell you if they had been negligent, resulting in a possible liability claim? What is their independent conclusion? I'm also not so sure that you should seemingly be admitting fault to the world, on behalf of your sister, since that is almost certainly something that invalidates an insurance claim.[/p][/quote]It doesn't say that the car went back to the same garage after the accident. Also, why would admitting fault invalidate an insurance claim? MarkAllRead
  • Score: 0

8:53am Fri 15 Aug 14

mattaiuseire says...

For that sort of damage she will have had to be doing at least 40mph.
For that sort of damage she will have had to be doing at least 40mph. mattaiuseire
  • Score: 3

10:04am Fri 15 Aug 14

Coleygiz says...

mattaiuseire wrote:
For that sort of damage she will have had to be doing at least 40mph.
Yes we know that. That's why we think she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake. Prior to that she wasn't speeding, the in-car camera will prove that
[quote][p][bold]mattaiuseire[/bold] wrote: For that sort of damage she will have had to be doing at least 40mph.[/p][/quote]Yes we know that. That's why we think she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake. Prior to that she wasn't speeding, the in-car camera will prove that Coleygiz
  • Score: -3

11:04am Fri 15 Aug 14

pendletrotter says...

Certainly wouldn't want my brother or sister commenting if I crashed my car, maybe a little fame eh!
Certainly wouldn't want my brother or sister commenting if I crashed my car, maybe a little fame eh! pendletrotter
  • Score: 3

11:22am Fri 15 Aug 14

Hough64 says...

Just ignore them. Haters will be haters whatever you say. They actually know you are talking sense and they also know that it was simply an accident. But as they know they have wound you up and upset they will just carry on their bile and venom. They are what is commonly as trolls. Don't feed them and they will go away back to their cheap beer and fags.
Just ignore them. Haters will be haters whatever you say. They actually know you are talking sense and they also know that it was simply an accident. But as they know they have wound you up and upset they will just carry on their bile and venom. They are what is commonly as trolls. Don't feed them and they will go away back to their cheap beer and fags. Hough64
  • Score: -1

12:03pm Fri 15 Aug 14

Coleygiz says...

MarkAllRead wrote:
Citizen Cane wrote:
Coleygiz wrote:
cosmicma wrote:
how are people crashing into walls for no apparent reason ??

distracted perhaps ??
That driver is my sister and no she wasn't distracted. After turning onto wheat field street the steering jammed and in her panic she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake. The car was in the garage yesterday over the steering so we are waiting to find out if it was something the garage had or hadn't done
...so, you took it to the "garage" for the "garage" to tell you if they had been negligent, resulting in a possible liability claim? What is their independent conclusion?

I'm also not so sure that you should seemingly be admitting fault to the world, on behalf of your sister, since that is almost certainly something that invalidates an insurance claim.
It doesn't say that the car went back to the same garage after the accident. Also, why would admitting fault invalidate an insurance claim?
Thanks Mark AllRead for your comment. You appear to be one of the few people on here that actually reads a comment properly before making one. Most of the others just pick a few words out and see what they want to see rather than what's actually written.
[quote][p][bold]MarkAllRead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Citizen Cane[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Coleygiz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cosmicma[/bold] wrote: how are people crashing into walls for no apparent reason ?? distracted perhaps ??[/p][/quote]That driver is my sister and no she wasn't distracted. After turning onto wheat field street the steering jammed and in her panic she pressed the accelerator instead of the brake. The car was in the garage yesterday over the steering so we are waiting to find out if it was something the garage had or hadn't done[/p][/quote]...so, you took it to the "garage" for the "garage" to tell you if they had been negligent, resulting in a possible liability claim? What is their independent conclusion? I'm also not so sure that you should seemingly be admitting fault to the world, on behalf of your sister, since that is almost certainly something that invalidates an insurance claim.[/p][/quote]It doesn't say that the car went back to the same garage after the accident. Also, why would admitting fault invalidate an insurance claim?[/p][/quote]Thanks Mark AllRead for your comment. You appear to be one of the few people on here that actually reads a comment properly before making one. Most of the others just pick a few words out and see what they want to see rather than what's actually written. Coleygiz
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree