FIRE crews were called to a Blackburn flat after a man fell asleep while cooking.
Firefighters were called to the Preston New Road home after a caller reported smoke in the hallway of shared flats.
One appliance from Blackburn attended to discover the flat owner had fled his smoke filled flat.
Firefighters were able to disperse the smoke at 7.15am yesterday.
Acting crew manager Kirsty McCreesh said: “He had put a pizza in to cook after having a few drinks. After falling asleep he was woken in a smoke filled flat by the fire alarm. Fire crews isolated the cooker and used a fan to clear the property of smoke.
“He was lucky to have such good working smoke alarms. We recommend you make sure your property has a working smoke alarm and to avoid cooking after consuming alcohol.”