- Our reporters Saiqa Chaudhari, Craig Nelson and Jeremy Culley will be blogging live from Ironman from 6am today.
- More than 2,000 athletes complete a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile cycle and 26.2 mile run from 6am
- Competitors have 17 hours to complete the challenge, and expect to burn 20,000 calories.
- The first athlete is expected to finish at about 2.30pm in Victoria Square
- Platt Lane in Westhoughton, from North Road to Park Road, will close from 6am to 9am to allow cyclists to pass through safely
- Chorley New Road will be closed all day for the marathon, from the A58 junction at Beaumont Road to the junction with St George’s Road and Chorley Old Road.
- Passengers who usually get on or off buses on Chorley New Road can catch a replacement shuttle bus service between 11am and 11.30pm.
- Marshals will be present to allow access for emergency services, residents, and businesses.
- Middlebrook Retail Park is open as usual.