FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house in Burnley after an electrical unit caught fire.

The owner was in the property in Pasture Close when the fire broke out on Monday evening and raised the alarm.

Nobody was injured.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus and a dry powder extinguisher.

The fire destroyed the consumer unit and caused light smoke damage to the ground floor of the property.

The incident is now being investigated by Electricity North West.

Crew Manager Tom Mellor said: “The owner discovered the fire, shut the door, got out and phoned 999, which is exactly what he should have done.”