Kitchen fire starts after man falls asleep while cooking

Firefighters tackle pan fire in Halliwell

Firefighters tackle pan fire in Halliwell

First published in News
Last updated
This Is Lancashire: Photograph of the Author by , reporter

FIREFIGHTERS tackled a kitchen fire at a house in Halliwell last night after the occupant fell asleep while cooking.

Firefighters from Bolton Central fire station visited the house in Peterhead Close at 11pm after being contacted by the residents' neighbours.

The resident, a man believed to be in his late 30s, had began cooking food in a pan when he fell asleep in his living room.

His neighbours raised the alarm when they head his smoke alarm - which he slept through.

The man, who was the only person in the house at the time, was woken up by firefighters when they banged on the front door.

He escaped unhurt.

The house suffered minor smoke damage and firefighters were at the scene for about 15 minutes.

A fire service spokesman said: "If we hadn't have been alerted to this incident, the outcome could have been a lot worse.

"Please can people ensure that, if they are cooking, they do not fall asleep."

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree