YOU MAY HAVE YOUR BABY IN JAIL: Judge's warning for pregnant teen after shocking attack in McDonalds

This Is Lancashire: Natalie Marie Harvey Natalie Marie Harvey

A PREGNANT teenager who launched a ‘shocking’ attack on a woman in a busy McDonalds restaurant has been warned she faces giving birth in jail.

Natalie Marie Harvey, 19, who is now 29 weeks pregnant, pulled Ann-Marie Gornall to the floor and kicked her repeatedly, in the afternoon incident, eight months ago.

She told her victim: “You’re going to get stabbed up”, and “Why have you got me done? You are going to get me sent down for this”, after Ms Gornall had reported her for a previous assault.

Burnley Crown Court heard how one horrified diner shouted to Harvey: “This is a public place.” He told police the assault was completely unprovoked, malicious, and shocking.

Staff and customers went to assist Ms Gornall, who did not suffer any visible injuries. Harvey made no comment when questioned by police.

Harvey was last November given a supervision order by magistrates for the earlier battery offence and resisting a police officer. It was imposed four days after she was given an interim anti-social behaviour order, which banned her from a large part of Burnley town centre after a catalogue of abuse against shoppers and workers.

She appeared for sentence over the McDonalds incident after earlier admitting witness intimidation.

Harvey, who was previously living in Burnley, has recently moved to Preston to start a new life with her partner Wayne Kinvig, a serial conman. He has been jailed for charity scams after getting cash out of unsuspecting victims by claiming he was collecting for a sick little brother.

Harvey’s barrister told the court she didn’t want to have her baby in Styal Prison, but Judge Simon Newell told Harvey all sentencing options were open. He warned her: “You may still have your baby in Styal.”

Harvey was bailed until June 6 for psychological profiling. She has 26 offences on her record.

Comments (29)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:46am Wed 30 Apr 14

ikap22 says...

Burden on society!
Burden on society! ikap22
  • Score: 39

9:47am Wed 30 Apr 14

Angusam says...

It is about time that it was really re-iterated to the younger generation of today, that if you do the crime you do the time. Its seems to me that a lot of the younger people don't seem to realise that there are consequences for doing the wrong thing.

With a judicial and policing stance that is far to leniant, this needs to change and its about time we got tough.

Let her give birth in Prison lets face it what chance does the kid have anyhow even if she doesn't get sent down. It will probably be raised a lot better inside that it would on the outside with parents like that. The poor kid wont have a chance its future is already cursed.. Absolute SCUM
It is about time that it was really re-iterated to the younger generation of today, that if you do the crime you do the time. Its seems to me that a lot of the younger people don't seem to realise that there are consequences for doing the wrong thing. With a judicial and policing stance that is far to leniant, this needs to change and its about time we got tough. Let her give birth in Prison lets face it what chance does the kid have anyhow even if she doesn't get sent down. It will probably be raised a lot better inside that it would on the outside with parents like that. The poor kid wont have a chance its future is already cursed.. Absolute SCUM Angusam
  • Score: 71

10:01am Wed 30 Apr 14

RoverTheHill says...

Lets be honest here, nobody really wants the baby born in prison, it's hardly going to "teach her" will it.

Had a female copper been around to return some long overdue physical punishment back on her at the scene, perhaps the public purse wouldn't be being spent sending another typical lowlife to prison for 3 hours before being released on Human Rights grounds.

With 26 offences already what do they really think a couple of days of prison are going to do? "Change her outlook on her life"? Could've avoided 25 offences if her parents had given her a few clips round the ear, teachers had the powers to give them a whack instead of detention they rarely turn up to and the police were allowed to show these wannabe tough acts who was really in charge.
Lets be honest here, nobody really wants the baby born in prison, it's hardly going to "teach her" will it. Had a female copper been around to return some long overdue physical punishment back on her at the scene, perhaps the public purse wouldn't be being spent sending another typical lowlife to prison for 3 hours before being released on Human Rights grounds. With 26 offences already what do they really think a couple of days of prison are going to do? "Change her outlook on her life"? Could've avoided 25 offences if her parents had given her a few clips round the ear, teachers had the powers to give them a whack instead of detention they rarely turn up to and the police were allowed to show these wannabe tough acts who was really in charge. RoverTheHill
  • Score: 34

10:09am Wed 30 Apr 14

Boomchick says...

Sounds as though she's deliberately got pregnant shortly after the assault, probably to try and avoid prison. Poor baby, what life has he or she got to look forward to?
Sounds as though she's deliberately got pregnant shortly after the assault, probably to try and avoid prison. Poor baby, what life has he or she got to look forward to? Boomchick
  • Score: 61

10:19am Wed 30 Apr 14

AnthonyUK says...

It serves her right if she has the baby in prison humanrights or not. Truth is, she shouldn't have done it pure and simple.
It serves her right if she has the baby in prison humanrights or not. Truth is, she shouldn't have done it pure and simple. AnthonyUK
  • Score: 50

10:41am Wed 30 Apr 14

Truth will out says...

26 previous convictions creates baby with serial conman.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here.
26 previous convictions creates baby with serial conman. Abandon all hope ye who enter here. Truth will out
  • Score: 66

11:39am Wed 30 Apr 14

floydbrfc says...

she going to have her baby in style ? whats she going to do ? don a ballgown whilst sipping Bollinger then PLOP ! babys out
she going to have her baby in style ? whats she going to do ? don a ballgown whilst sipping Bollinger then PLOP ! babys out floydbrfc
  • Score: 11

12:16pm Wed 30 Apr 14

midas says...

RoverTheHill wrote:
Lets be honest here, nobody really wants the baby born in prison, it's hardly going to "teach her" will it. Had a female copper been around to return some long overdue physical punishment back on her at the scene, perhaps the public purse wouldn't be being spent sending another typical lowlife to prison for 3 hours before being released on Human Rights grounds. With 26 offences already what do they really think a couple of days of prison are going to do? "Change her outlook on her life"? Could've avoided 25 offences if her parents had given her a few clips round the ear, teachers had the powers to give them a whack instead of detention they rarely turn up to and the police were allowed to show these wannabe tough acts who was really in charge.
You have made a presumption that she has parents that looked after her? or even that she lived with them or even that she had teachers that were bothered (if she actually went to school).

But I take your point best way to deal with someone who thinks that violence is the answer - is to get parents, teachers and the police to give her a couple of clips and a whack to set her straight!
.
With a guess i would imagine that she has been brought up in an environment where a couple of clips and a whack would be a relief from the other abuse!
[quote][p][bold]RoverTheHill[/bold] wrote: Lets be honest here, nobody really wants the baby born in prison, it's hardly going to "teach her" will it. Had a female copper been around to return some long overdue physical punishment back on her at the scene, perhaps the public purse wouldn't be being spent sending another typical lowlife to prison for 3 hours before being released on Human Rights grounds. With 26 offences already what do they really think a couple of days of prison are going to do? "Change her outlook on her life"? Could've avoided 25 offences if her parents had given her a few clips round the ear, teachers had the powers to give them a whack instead of detention they rarely turn up to and the police were allowed to show these wannabe tough acts who was really in charge.[/p][/quote]You have made a presumption that she has parents that looked after her? or even that she lived with them or even that she had teachers that were bothered (if she actually went to school). But I take your point best way to deal with someone who thinks that violence is the answer - is to get parents, teachers and the police to give her a couple of clips and a whack to set her straight! . With a guess i would imagine that she has been brought up in an environment where a couple of clips and a whack would be a relief from the other abuse! midas
  • Score: -11

12:34pm Wed 30 Apr 14

Steven Seagull says...

Give it a few years and the kid will be being sentenced for something.

The child should be taken away from her as soon as it is born otherwise it will have NO chance in life whatsoever.
Give it a few years and the kid will be being sentenced for something. The child should be taken away from her as soon as it is born otherwise it will have NO chance in life whatsoever. Steven Seagull
  • Score: 40

12:50pm Wed 30 Apr 14

rudis_dad says...

As good a case for forced sterilisation as I've seen in a long time.
As good a case for forced sterilisation as I've seen in a long time. rudis_dad
  • Score: 39

1:02pm Wed 30 Apr 14

apple10 says...

Well Ms Harvey, I pity the baby you are expecting. Grow up!
Well Ms Harvey, I pity the baby you are expecting. Grow up! apple10
  • Score: 27

1:09pm Wed 30 Apr 14

woolywords says...

Crikey, which sub editor is doing the deletion of posts?
I seriously suggest that they gain a firmer grasp of the English language, paying particular attention to both the meaning and usage of the pun.

HarryBosch made the fairly predictable comment of, 'Euthanasia!', which I thought needed a bit of improvement, by my stating, 'Oh well, if she's Euthanasian, let's deport to her...', thus creating a play upon the word, albeit, somewhat contrived.
Whilst I may be responsible for my own posts, I accept no responsibility for the derision that your deletion of it has created. How anyone can find offence, in a word that doesn't exist, defeats me. Or is the Telegraph, like many of the Blackburn institutions of old, in special measures too?
Crikey, which sub editor is doing the deletion of posts? I seriously suggest that they gain a firmer grasp of the English language, paying particular attention to both the meaning and usage of the pun. HarryBosch made the fairly predictable comment of, 'Euthanasia!', which I thought needed a bit of improvement, by my stating, 'Oh well, if she's Euthanasian, let's deport to her...', thus creating a play upon the word, albeit, somewhat contrived. Whilst I may be responsible for my own posts, I accept no responsibility for the derision that your deletion of it has created. How anyone can find offence, in a word that doesn't exist, defeats me. Or is the Telegraph, like many of the Blackburn institutions of old, in special measures too? woolywords
  • Score: 8

1:26pm Wed 30 Apr 14

onsidecobra says...

What a pair of losers, I see they have now gone to Preston to "start a new life" so God help the people of Preston. Actually just one look at those two tells you everything you need to know.
What a pair of losers, I see they have now gone to Preston to "start a new life" so God help the people of Preston. Actually just one look at those two tells you everything you need to know. onsidecobra
  • Score: 21

1:31pm Wed 30 Apr 14

phil kernot says...

That poor child needs proper parents not these two scum bags ,, think getting pregnant will stop you from getting jailed your wrong , send her down ,,
That poor child needs proper parents not these two scum bags ,, think getting pregnant will stop you from getting jailed your wrong , send her down ,, phil kernot
  • Score: 24

2:24pm Wed 30 Apr 14

Champagne plus charlie says...

woolywords wrote:
Crikey, which sub editor is doing the deletion of posts?
I seriously suggest that they gain a firmer grasp of the English language, paying particular attention to both the meaning and usage of the pun.

HarryBosch made the fairly predictable comment of, 'Euthanasia!', which I thought needed a bit of improvement, by my stating, 'Oh well, if she's Euthanasian, let's deport to her...', thus creating a play upon the word, albeit, somewhat contrived.
Whilst I may be responsible for my own posts, I accept no responsibility for the derision that your deletion of it has created. How anyone can find offence, in a word that doesn't exist, defeats me. Or is the Telegraph, like many of the Blackburn institutions of old, in special measures too?
I called her a skank and that has also been deleted????

I mean, she quite obviously IS a skank.
[quote][p][bold]woolywords[/bold] wrote: Crikey, which sub editor is doing the deletion of posts? I seriously suggest that they gain a firmer grasp of the English language, paying particular attention to both the meaning and usage of the pun. HarryBosch made the fairly predictable comment of, 'Euthanasia!', which I thought needed a bit of improvement, by my stating, 'Oh well, if she's Euthanasian, let's deport to her...', thus creating a play upon the word, albeit, somewhat contrived. Whilst I may be responsible for my own posts, I accept no responsibility for the derision that your deletion of it has created. How anyone can find offence, in a word that doesn't exist, defeats me. Or is the Telegraph, like many of the Blackburn institutions of old, in special measures too?[/p][/quote]I called her a skank and that has also been deleted???? I mean, she quite obviously IS a skank. Champagne plus charlie
  • Score: 18

2:57pm Wed 30 Apr 14

GracesDad says...

Champagne plus charlie wrote:
woolywords wrote:
Crikey, which sub editor is doing the deletion of posts?
I seriously suggest that they gain a firmer grasp of the English language, paying particular attention to both the meaning and usage of the pun.

HarryBosch made the fairly predictable comment of, 'Euthanasia!', which I thought needed a bit of improvement, by my stating, 'Oh well, if she's Euthanasian, let's deport to her...', thus creating a play upon the word, albeit, somewhat contrived.
Whilst I may be responsible for my own posts, I accept no responsibility for the derision that your deletion of it has created. How anyone can find offence, in a word that doesn't exist, defeats me. Or is the Telegraph, like many of the Blackburn institutions of old, in special measures too?
I called her a skank and that has also been deleted????

I mean, she quite obviously IS a skank.
And a sket.
[quote][p][bold]Champagne plus charlie[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]woolywords[/bold] wrote: Crikey, which sub editor is doing the deletion of posts? I seriously suggest that they gain a firmer grasp of the English language, paying particular attention to both the meaning and usage of the pun. HarryBosch made the fairly predictable comment of, 'Euthanasia!', which I thought needed a bit of improvement, by my stating, 'Oh well, if she's Euthanasian, let's deport to her...', thus creating a play upon the word, albeit, somewhat contrived. Whilst I may be responsible for my own posts, I accept no responsibility for the derision that your deletion of it has created. How anyone can find offence, in a word that doesn't exist, defeats me. Or is the Telegraph, like many of the Blackburn institutions of old, in special measures too?[/p][/quote]I called her a skank and that has also been deleted???? I mean, she quite obviously IS a skank.[/p][/quote]And a sket. GracesDad
  • Score: 8

3:19pm Wed 30 Apr 14

HarryBosch says...

Fair enough, you edited my first comment. But here we have a young girl (supposedly the gentler sex, who has attacked another woman in a busy restaurant in the middle of the day, with other members of the public present. She has 26 previous convictions, Inc a previous assault on the same woman and resisting a police officer. Then, in the full knowledge that she may be sent to prison, she gets pregnant. She has shown a callous disregard for the law, used violence in public, she just demonstrates that she will do what she wants to whomsoever she wants with no regard to the consequences. And to top it all off she wants to bring a child into this world without any thought for what that child's needs are! How do you expect readers to react to such a person? Nothing appears to have worked for her in the past. A long prison sentence is the only option. But, even then, there is no guarantee that that will work. Whatever her problems were in the past, after the first couple of convictions was the time to sort herself out. The Americans have it sorted in some ways with the three strikes and your out rule!
Fair enough, you edited my first comment. But here we have a young girl (supposedly the gentler sex, who has attacked another woman in a busy restaurant in the middle of the day, with other members of the public present. She has 26 previous convictions, Inc a previous assault on the same woman and resisting a police officer. Then, in the full knowledge that she may be sent to prison, she gets pregnant. She has shown a callous disregard for the law, used violence in public, she just demonstrates that she will do what she wants to whomsoever she wants with no regard to the consequences. And to top it all off she wants to bring a child into this world without any thought for what that child's needs are! How do you expect readers to react to such a person? Nothing appears to have worked for her in the past. A long prison sentence is the only option. But, even then, there is no guarantee that that will work. Whatever her problems were in the past, after the first couple of convictions was the time to sort herself out. The Americans have it sorted in some ways with the three strikes and your out rule! HarryBosch
  • Score: 10

4:47pm Wed 30 Apr 14

boynesider says...

did she rack up 26 previous offences with no jail time? whatever happened to "3 strikes and you're out".we need a drastic change of response to repeat offenders.jail them so the public feel safe and whilst in jail try to educate them as to what is acceptable behaviour.being pregnant shouldn't be used as plea bargaining as it is unfair under equality law as it only applies to women??
did she rack up 26 previous offences with no jail time? whatever happened to "3 strikes and you're out".we need a drastic change of response to repeat offenders.jail them so the public feel safe and whilst in jail try to educate them as to what is acceptable behaviour.being pregnant shouldn't be used as plea bargaining as it is unfair under equality law as it only applies to women?? boynesider
  • Score: 9

5:13pm Wed 30 Apr 14

Lancs - pensioner says...

Scum, looking all innocent on the photo, send the B!tch down and her scum partner, take the child f her at birth and get it adopted ASAP, give the child a chance at least.
26 previous convictions? Come on Judge do your job and send her down.
Scum, looking all innocent on the photo, send the B!tch down and her scum partner, take the child f her at birth and get it adopted ASAP, give the child a chance at least. 26 previous convictions? Come on Judge do your job and send her down. Lancs - pensioner
  • Score: 14

5:33pm Wed 30 Apr 14

wilddog says...

Poor unborn child! Imagine having a mum and dad like that? Child should be taken away at birth, sorry!Bet she aint sent down though as it infringes her rights as a Human being? Reoeat offenders should have there crime tatoo,d across there foreheads for all to see.Then if and when they try to have a normal life it will serve as a permanent reminder of wot they did!
Poor unborn child! Imagine having a mum and dad like that? Child should be taken away at birth, sorry!Bet she aint sent down though as it infringes her rights as a Human being? Reoeat offenders should have there crime tatoo,d across there foreheads for all to see.Then if and when they try to have a normal life it will serve as a permanent reminder of wot they did! wilddog
  • Score: 9

6:16pm Wed 30 Apr 14

ROBERTSLUMDWELLER123 says...

Boomchick wrote:
Sounds as though she's deliberately got pregnant shortly after the assault, probably to try and avoid prison. Poor baby, what life has he or she got to look forward to?
bit unlucky girl.if Lenient Lunt was the judge you would have been laughing all the way round to the white lion after a good telling off!!
[quote][p][bold]Boomchick[/bold] wrote: Sounds as though she's deliberately got pregnant shortly after the assault, probably to try and avoid prison. Poor baby, what life has he or she got to look forward to?[/p][/quote]bit unlucky girl.if Lenient Lunt was the judge you would have been laughing all the way round to the white lion after a good telling off!! ROBERTSLUMDWELLER123
  • Score: 8

9:24pm Wed 30 Apr 14

zabby says...

Jail her,take child away and steralize her
Jail her,take child away and steralize her zabby
  • Score: 8

9:50pm Wed 30 Apr 14

noddy57 says...

Boomchick wrote:
Sounds as though she's deliberately got pregnant shortly after the assault, probably to try and avoid prison. Poor baby, what life has he or she got to look forward to?
likewise,poor child having a mother like that,,,would not wish it on my worst enemy,
[quote][p][bold]Boomchick[/bold] wrote: Sounds as though she's deliberately got pregnant shortly after the assault, probably to try and avoid prison. Poor baby, what life has he or she got to look forward to?[/p][/quote]likewise,poor child having a mother like that,,,would not wish it on my worst enemy, noddy57
  • Score: 6

11:51am Thu 1 May 14

boynesider says...

what happened to "3 strikes and you're out"? actions have consequences that is unless we are talking about crime and punishment.lock her up .26 previous its a no brainer
what happened to "3 strikes and you're out"? actions have consequences that is unless we are talking about crime and punishment.lock her up .26 previous its a no brainer boynesider
  • Score: 2

4:21pm Thu 1 May 14

BURNLEYITE40 says...

USUAL SCUM.THINK "IF I GET PREGNant i wont go jail" do ur jail u sad heads
USUAL SCUM.THINK "IF I GET PREGNant i wont go jail" do ur jail u sad heads BURNLEYITE40
  • Score: -1

4:23pm Thu 1 May 14

BURNLEYITE40 says...

I MEAN " IF IM PREGNANT I WONT GET JAIL"
I MEAN " IF IM PREGNANT I WONT GET JAIL" BURNLEYITE40
  • Score: -1

1:08pm Fri 2 May 14

Maisle says...

No need for them CAPS in the report title.
No need for them CAPS in the report title. Maisle
  • Score: 2

9:55pm Sat 3 May 14

hairy mary says...

She needs guideing in the right direction→→→
into a cesspit
She needs guideing in the right direction→→→ into a cesspit hairy mary
  • Score: 1

12:06am Tue 6 May 14

dumdidum says...

midas wrote:
RoverTheHill wrote:
Lets be honest here, nobody really wants the baby born in prison, it's hardly going to "teach her" will it. Had a female copper been around to return some long overdue physical punishment back on her at the scene, perhaps the public purse wouldn't be being spent sending another typical lowlife to prison for 3 hours before being released on Human Rights grounds. With 26 offences already what do they really think a couple of days of prison are going to do? "Change her outlook on her life"? Could've avoided 25 offences if her parents had given her a few clips round the ear, teachers had the powers to give them a whack instead of detention they rarely turn up to and the police were allowed to show these wannabe tough acts who was really in charge.
You have made a presumption that she has parents that looked after her? or even that she lived with them or even that she had teachers that were bothered (if she actually went to school).

But I take your point best way to deal with someone who thinks that violence is the answer - is to get parents, teachers and the police to give her a couple of clips and a whack to set her straight!
.
With a guess i would imagine that she has been brought up in an environment where a couple of clips and a whack would be a relief from the other abuse!
Not likely, if her parent's had so much as grounded her, her behaviour would've been blamed on her horrendous upbringing and we'd all be expected to feel sorry for her! Let's just face it, she's an evil little witch. And why are they always so fertile?
[quote][p][bold]midas[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RoverTheHill[/bold] wrote: Lets be honest here, nobody really wants the baby born in prison, it's hardly going to "teach her" will it. Had a female copper been around to return some long overdue physical punishment back on her at the scene, perhaps the public purse wouldn't be being spent sending another typical lowlife to prison for 3 hours before being released on Human Rights grounds. With 26 offences already what do they really think a couple of days of prison are going to do? "Change her outlook on her life"? Could've avoided 25 offences if her parents had given her a few clips round the ear, teachers had the powers to give them a whack instead of detention they rarely turn up to and the police were allowed to show these wannabe tough acts who was really in charge.[/p][/quote]You have made a presumption that she has parents that looked after her? or even that she lived with them or even that she had teachers that were bothered (if she actually went to school). But I take your point best way to deal with someone who thinks that violence is the answer - is to get parents, teachers and the police to give her a couple of clips and a whack to set her straight! . With a guess i would imagine that she has been brought up in an environment where a couple of clips and a whack would be a relief from the other abuse![/p][/quote]Not likely, if her parent's had so much as grounded her, her behaviour would've been blamed on her horrendous upbringing and we'd all be expected to feel sorry for her! Let's just face it, she's an evil little witch. And why are they always so fertile? dumdidum
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree