Man led to safety after food blaze

Man led to safety after food blaze

Man led to safety after food blaze

First published in News This Is Lancashire: Photograph of the Author by , education reporter

FIREFIGHTERS broke into a flat and led a man to safety after a pan of food left on the cooker sparked a fire.

Crews were called Delph Hill flats on Chorley Old Road, Doffcocker, just before 5am yesterday (FRI).

The forced their way into a ground floor flat and led a man to safety.

The blaze caused slight smoke damage and the man did not require any medical attention.

Crews were on the scene for 30 minutes as they gave fire safety advice to residents and checked smoke alarms.

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:07pm Fri 18 Apr 14

hairylegs88 says...

When I started using e-cigarettes the first 2 chargers got very hot to the point I threw them away. The third I opened up to find that two wires were almost touching - I moved the wires further apart and have been using this third charger now for 3 years without problem. Please never leave a charger unattended or on overnight.
When I started using e-cigarettes the first 2 chargers got very hot to the point I threw them away. The third I opened up to find that two wires were almost touching - I moved the wires further apart and have been using this third charger now for 3 years without problem. Please never leave a charger unattended or on overnight. hairylegs88
  • Score: 4

7:33pm Fri 18 Apr 14

Diamonintherough says...

hairylegs88 wrote:
When I started using e-cigarettes the first 2 chargers got very hot to the point I threw them away. The third I opened up to find that two wires were almost touching - I moved the wires further apart and have been using this third charger now for 3 years without problem. Please never leave a charger unattended or on overnight.
Charger? It says pan of food....
The article also says yesterday (fri) have i slept a day?
[quote][p][bold]hairylegs88[/bold] wrote: When I started using e-cigarettes the first 2 chargers got very hot to the point I threw them away. The third I opened up to find that two wires were almost touching - I moved the wires further apart and have been using this third charger now for 3 years without problem. Please never leave a charger unattended or on overnight.[/p][/quote]Charger? It says pan of food.... The article also says yesterday (fri) have i slept a day? Diamonintherough
  • Score: 3

8:11pm Fri 18 Apr 14

wsw69 says...

Ohh look, an actual GMFRS fire appliance.
Ohh look, an actual GMFRS fire appliance. wsw69
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree