YOUNGSTERS will have plenty to do this Easter as the town prepares to host some “egg-cellent” events.
Bolton Council and organisations across the borough will offer a range of fun and games to get children and their families into the seasonal spirit.
There will als be free parking in the NCP multi-storey car parks throughout the Bank Holiday weekend.
- The Easter activities begin today, with a Toddler Tales Easter Special at Bolton Central Library in Le Mans Crescent. Those taking part can make crowns, sing songs and listen to stories, from 11am to noon. The library’s lecture theatre will show classic children’s fantasy film Brave from 2pm to 4pm.
- And people of all ages can take part in an Easter bunny hunt at Hall i’th’ Wood Museum, from 1pm to 3pm.
- Throughout the Easter holidays, youngsters under 11 can enter an Easter colouring competition at Farnworth Library, with judging taking place on Saturday, April 26.
- There will be plenty of Easter fun taking place at Blackrod Library on Monday, April 14. Activities include colouring, an activity trail and making bunny ears and bookmarks.The event starts at 2.30pm.
- Lovers of the outdoors will be able to make their own Easter hat and play games at Haslam Park with the Protectors and Trustees of Haslam Park Community Group on Wednesday, April 16. To book your place or find out more, call 01204 663754 or email email@example.com
- Middlebrook Retail and Leisure Park in Horwich has a raft of events over the Easter weekend. These include giant craft workshops and face painting on Thursday, April 17, balloon modelling on Good Friday, April 18, an Easter bunny egg hunt on Saturday, April 19, and appearances from Dr Zoolittle and Eggwina the chick on Easter Monday, April 21.
- Chocolate lovers of all ages can join a free egg hunt starting at Bolton Market at 10am next Saturday. Hunters have to follow the clues and head to shops around the town centre to locate 18 giant letters which spell out an Easter-themed word.
- Forms can be collected from Bolton Market’s lifestyle hall, or the first floor of the Market Place shopping centre on the day.
- From 11am to 4pm on Easter Saturday, fans of the TV show Wallace and Gromit can pose for a photo with Shaun the Sheep at the Market Place, along with Bolton’s Easter Bunny, who will be handing out chocolate eggs.
- Bolton Lads and Girls Club’s Holiday Club is open throughout the holidays, from 8am to 6pm, including Easter Sunday. Children aged eight to 12 can take part in activities such as boxing, arts and crafts, dance and mini games. There will also be a football camp from Tuesday, April 22, to Friday, April 25, from 9.30am to 3.30pm. To find out more about the club’s events, call 01204 540100.