FIRE crews from Burnley were called to a bungalow in Burnley after a pan caught fire.

The fire broke out at around 2pm in the kitchen of the Chelburn Grove property, after the pan had been left unattended on the oven.

Neighbours were alerted to the fire after the bungalow filled with smoke, activating smoke alarms.

The property was unattended at the time.

The pan and contents were destroyed by the fire, and slight smoke damage was caused to the bungalow.

Watch manager Gary Hargreaves said: “Leaving cooking items unattended is dangerous.

“It was fortunate that he had a working smoke alarm.

“It alerted neighbours and prevented it from being a more serious incident.”