Discarded cigarette thought to have caused fire in Darwen
10:36am Tuesday 25th March 2014 in News
A DISCARDED cigarette is believed to have started a fire in a laundry basket at a house in Darwen.
Crews were called to the house in Birch Hall Avenue, on Saturday night.
Firefighters from Darwen fire station attended at 9.30pm and found that a laundry basket was on fire.
Watch manager Keane said: “ It’s not 100 per cent clear at the moment how the fire started but we believe that it was due to a discarded cigarette.”
Comments are closed on this article.