Machine fire at Tonge Moor factory

Crews attended from about 5.25am

Crews attended from about 5.25am

First published in News
Last updated
This Is Lancashire: Photograph of the Author by , crime reporter

FIRE crews had to intervene when a machine at a Tonge Moor window manufacturer caught fire this morning.

A machine that melts glue caught fire at about 5.25am at Martindale’s in Union Road.

The blaze caused some minor smoke damage to the rest of the factory but the fire was mostly isolated to the machine.

A member of staff had managed to subdue the fire considerably with an extinguisher before firefighters arrived.

Nobody was injured in the fire and it is thought that the factory will not be forced to cease production.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree