Family evacuated from Astley Bridge house after microwave fire

This Is Lancashire: Fire crews made the property safe after removing the microwave Fire crews made the property safe after removing the microwave

A FAMILY of five were evacuated from their Astley Bridge home this morning after a microwave caught fire.

A man, a woman and three children were in bed upstairs at a house in Pinewood Close when their smoke alarm sounded.

Fire crews tackled the blazing microwave, removing it from the house before putting the fire out, at about 7.30am.

The blaze caused smoke damage to the house, although the fire did not spread.

Fire crews made sure the house had been thoroughly venthilated and made safe before they left.

None of the family were hurt although they were left shocked by the incident.

A fire service spokesman said: “This highlights the importance of working smoke alarms.

“This family were shocked but were able to get out unharmed because the alarm had sounded.

“Their lives could have been in danger if they had stayed in the house much longer without the fire being addressed.”

For a free home safety check and to have smoke alarms fitted call 0800 555815.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree