A MATHS teacher has gone on trial after it was alleged he sexually touched three young girls on school premises.

A court heard that Yaser Amin, 32, pretended to be pulling up his socks, but instead 'stroked' the leg of two of his victims at the Blackburn school.


The defendant, of Whalley New Road, Blackburn, was also said to have asked another girl to move her chair and sit next to him.

Paul O'Brien, prosecuting, said Amin moved his knees closer to her until they touched her legs.

Mr O’Brien told the court: "He then put his hand onto her thighs and ran his hand up her thighs and touched the top of her knickers.

"She was somewhat shocked, she did not know what to do.

"She, whilst they were both sat there, ignored it.

"It went on for a few minutes."

Preston Crown Court heard the girl told her mother what had happened when she got home that night.

The next day, the alleged victim also told a friend and together they went to the head of year nine.

The head teacher was then involved and the police were called.

He and other teachers are expected to give evidence at the trial, which is predicted to last more than a week.

It was after the inquiries were widened that complaints from two other girls came to light.

One girl claimed she was assaulted by the teacher by having her leg touched.

Mr O'Brien said: "The defendant sat between the victim and another girl.

"The defendant then made the excuse or the pretext of leaning down and pulling up his sock.

"As he drew his hands up, one of his hands would then stroke the leg of the girl who was sitting next to him.

"She says that he did this on a number of occasions."

The third alleged victim was also groped on more than one occasion, the jury was told.

Mr O'Brien said: "The defendant would sit next to her and he would stroke his hand up and down her leg.

"He was pretending to pull up a sock on his own leg."

Amin denies two charges of sexual assault on a child aged under 13 and three of sexual activity with a child.

The offences are alleged to have taken place between January and June 2012.

Mr O'Brien said that when Amin was arrested, he replied 'no comment' to the officers' questions.

The barrister said: "What he did do was to have his solicitor prepare with him a statement which was then read to the officers.

"During the course of that statement, he says that there was absolutely no truth whatsoever in these allegations made by these girls and that he had not assaulted them in any way.

"The prosecution says that that is not true."