House fire after cigarette left on mattress

This Is Lancashire: House fire after cigarette left on mattress House fire after cigarette left on mattress

A fire broke out after a discarded cigarette was left on a mattress at a house in Ribblesdale Road this afternoon.

No-one was in the property at the time, and a crew from Bolton fire station quickly attended to put the blaze out at around 2pm.

The blaze was limited to the mattress which was in the living room of the house, and did not spread any further into the property, with the house being limited to smoke damage.

Police and an ambulance also attended, but were not required once it had been confirmed that there was no-one inside the house.

Watch commander Neil Mercer said firefighters would attend houses on the road tomorrow to offer fire safety advice.

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:36pm Sun 9 Mar 14

boltonnut says...

Fags are hazardous to your health.
Fags are hazardous to your health. boltonnut
  • Score: -2

4:10pm Sun 9 Mar 14

MrBenggo says...

Unhealthy,causes heart problems and dangerous and smells,beats me why people smoke.
Unhealthy,causes heart problems and dangerous and smells,beats me why people smoke. MrBenggo
  • Score: -4

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree