Burnley teenager arrested for kidnapping and sex offence
A TEENAGER has been arrested for alleged kidnapping, a sexual offence and assault while the subject of an interim anti-social behaviour order, magistrates heard.
But Natalie Harvey, 18, had not caused trouble in Burnley town centre and the accommodation project which she has been kicked out of, the court was told.
Harvey was made the subject of a temporary ASBO in November, which barred her from Charter Walk shopping centre, Burnley Central library, Elizabeth Street and the Stepping Stone project on Westgate.
Pc Mark Driver, who runs the police division’s anti-social behaviour unit, said he had spoken to Christine Greenwood, a case worker at Stepping Stones, who said residents were now able to return home from work or college without encountering disturbances, said to involve Harvey.
And the officer said there had been no complaints made by town centre shops regarding Harvey causing trouble there.
But magistrates heard she had been arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and a sexual offence, assault and breaching her ASBO during the court proceedings.
Harvey, now of Parkinson Street, Burnley, will now face a full ASBO hearing before Burnley magistrates on February 28.
And a 17-year-old from Burnley, also the subject of similar interim ASBO and restrictions, will also face a full hearing.
The pair were also told that they must not use abusive or threatening behaviour, or hand gestures, anywhere in the borough, until their next hearings.