VOLUNTARY and community groups are invited to apply for funding to help them develop learning opportunities in Bury over the next three years.
A total of £16,000 is available, with a maximum grant to each group of £2,500, under the project which has been drawn up by the Community Learning Partnership.
Cllr Jane Lewis, cabinet member for leisure, tourism and culture, said: “It’s really important to widen participation in learning across the borough, regardless of people’s age or background.
“I hope that community groups will apply for funding and help us reach and engage with as many people as possible.”
Projects should focus on one or more of the following themes:
- Widening participation in learning
- Improving the digital skills of individuals
- Supporting the development of budgeting and money management
- Developing the skills of volunteers
- Improving confidence and willingness for learning
- Supporting the development of skills for employment
- Improving health and well-being
- Helping parents to be better equipped to support their children’s learning
Completed applications will be assessed by Cllr Lewis, the council’s communities manager and libraries and adult learning manager, and two community representatives from the Community Learning Partnership.
For more information or an application form: call Liz Saunders on 0161 253 6357 or email E.firstname.lastname@example.org or Julie Kenrick on 0161 253 7457 and at email@example.com