Fire crews free Burnley chippy worker's fingers stuck in a potato chipper
Updated 1:10pm Thursday 9th January 2014 in News
A WOMAN had to cut free from machinery in a Burnley chippy after her hand became caught in the equipment.
Two fire crews were called to the takeaway, in Lyndhurst Road, at around 5.45pm after reports that a member of staff’s fingers were stuck in a potato chipper.
A spokesman for the Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said the woman was given first aid at the scene for ‘slight’ injuries to her hand.
He added: “Two crews from Burnley, totalling nine firefighters, were called to the scene and released the woman.
“First aid was administered but no ambulance was required. The crews made a judgement that they could release the woman without using heavy-duty equipment.
“It was no doubt trraumatic for her but fortunately she was not too badly injured.”
The rescue operation lasted 10 minutes.
Comments are closed on this article.