Fire crews called out to pan fire in Burnley
1:10pm Tuesday 7th January 2014 in News
FIRE crews were called out after a blaze broke out in a kitchen on Troy Street in Burnley.
Firefighters were called to Holly Court at around 6.50pm on Sunday after being alerted by an automatic fire alarm.
They arrived to find a pan on fire in the kitchen.
It appeared the resident had had a few drinks in the afternoon and had returned home and put some food on to cook.
He had then sat down and fallen asleep and the pan and contents had caught fire.
The occupant was treated at the scene by paramedics for smoke inhalation.
Watch Manager Lee Cook said: “Ultimately the smoke alarm saved his life. I cannot stress the importance enough of having a smoke alarm.”
Comments are closed on this article.