Boxing day blaze in bungalow

A BOXING Day bedroom fire damaged the bedroom of a semi-detached home in Newington Drive, Elton, Bury.

A neighbour raised the alarm just before 4.30pm after smelling smoke coming from the dormer bungalow.

Firemen had to break into the property and found the ground floor bedroom on fire and smoke filling the rest of the property.

The cause of the fire, which started on a tray next to the bed, is still being investigated but it is thought it may have been started by an unattended candle.

Attempts were being made yesterday to contact the elderly man who lives in the property. He was not at home at the time of the fire.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree