Firefighters warn Nelson residents over discarded cigarette risk

This Is Lancashire: Firefighters warn Nelson residents over discarded cigarette risk Firefighters warn Nelson residents over discarded cigarette risk

FIREFIGHTERS are warning smokers to ensure cigarettes are stubbed out before discarding them after an accidental wheelie bin fire came ‘dangerously close’ to damaging a Nelson home.

Watch manager Caroline Harrison said if the blaze in Berkeley Street at 10.15pm on Friday had been allowed to burn any longer it had it could have set fire to a nearby property.

She said: “We can tell it was started by a cig by the burn pattern and the length of time it took to take hold.

“Make sure cigs are stubbed out in a metal ashtray or doused in water.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree