Disease related to asbestos killed Clitheroe man
3:10pm Friday 20th December 2013 in News
A CLITHEROE man died after developing malignant mesothelioma from working with asbestos in the construction industry, an inquest heard.
Paul James Kitching, 54, of Kemple View, died on October 5 at Royal Blackburn Hospital.
He had previously been diagnosed with mesothelioma and a postmortem examination was carried out to determine whether this had caused his death.
Pathologist Dr Aslam told the court that his examination confirmed that Mr Kitching had died from the industrial disease.
A statement from Mr Kitching written before he died said that his main exposure to asbestos had occured while working for F Brown PLC, where he began as an apprentice joiner after leaving school.
He had worked at a number of sites including Butlins in Minehead, Skegness and Clacton, and at Crown Paints in Darwen.
Comments are closed on this article.