Baby taken to hospital after fire

A BABY was taken to hospital after a fire started at a Little Hulton flat.

Firefighters were called to the property in Manchester Road East at 11.50pm yesterday after the blaze began in the kitchen.

It was caused by a pan of food being left unattended while cooking.

A Fire Service spokesman said: “We used a positive pressure ventilator to clear smoke from the kitchen.

“A woman, aged 19, and a baby boy, aged 11 months, suffered breathing problems and were taken to hospital as a precaution and were later discharged.

“It’s another reminder to people to keep an eye on their food while cooking.”

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:53pm Sat 14 Dec 13

boltonnut says...

Hope the youngster recovers,poor thing.
Hope the youngster recovers,poor thing. boltonnut

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree