Fire rips through Nelson homes

This Is Lancashire: Fire rips through Nelson homes Fire rips through Nelson homes

A FIRE tore through the roofs of two houses in Nelson in the early hours yesterday.

A team of 20 firefighters from across East Lancashire were called to tackle the blaze in Cumberland Street at around 3am.

Nobody was hurt in the blaze, but a house in Cumberland Street suffered substantial damage, and a neighbouring house in Rutland Street was also damaged. The fire was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in a derelict property currently being renovated, and was being investigated, a fire service spokesman said.

Firefighters searched the second house after being told by a neighbour a man was inside.

A fire service spokesman said: “He was out and about. A neighbour said he was in, but we found it empty, and he turned up ten minutes later.”


Comments are closed on this article.


About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree