Muamba blasts 'bunch of idiots' in Bolton Wanderers' boardroom

This Is Lancashire: Fabrice Muamba Fabrice Muamba

FABRICE Muamba has appeared to hit out at Bolton Wanderers following Tuesday night’s home defeat to Huddersfield.

A series of tweets on his official Twitter account criticised the team, the players and the people who run the club.

The tweets, which were deleted the following morning, included describing the people in the Wanderers boardroom as “a bunch of idiots” and the current team as having too many average players.

One tweet said the Bolton fans deserve better than what they are getting and that “it seems everybody can beat Bolton these days”.

When pressed by a follower on whether he had ever been offered a job at the club, the response was “never ever”.

The Bolton News has contacted Muamba, who has more than half a million followers on Twitter, but he has so far declined to comment on the tweets.

A message later appeared on his account saying: "Didn't mean to upset anyone last night. I'm just passionate about the club and want them to do well!"

The authenticity of the tweets has not been verified.

Wanderers have so far declined to comment.


MORE:


Comments (37)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:10am Wed 4 Dec 13

Pi says...

I just telling the truth!!
I just telling the truth!! Pi

11:40am Wed 4 Dec 13

stereo_world says...

BN, stop stirring sh*t up. He deleted them for a reason didn't he? I'm guessing he knew what he did could land him in trouble.

There's no need to have some 2-bit paper on a permanent slow news day looking to cause trouble.

Leave it be, everyone knows how poor Bolton have been recently and I've seen much worse directed at Gartside and Dougie, believe me. Why use Fab as a scapegoat? It's not on.
BN, stop stirring sh*t up. He deleted them for a reason didn't he? I'm guessing he knew what he did could land him in trouble. There's no need to have some 2-bit paper on a permanent slow news day looking to cause trouble. Leave it be, everyone knows how poor Bolton have been recently and I've seen much worse directed at Gartside and Dougie, believe me. Why use Fab as a scapegoat? It's not on. stereo_world

12:17pm Wed 4 Dec 13

thomas222 says...

Whats so wrong with the truth these days?. Anyone would think its a crime ffs!
Whats so wrong with the truth these days?. Anyone would think its a crime ffs! thomas222

12:34pm Wed 4 Dec 13

waynagain says...

If Fab wants to blame me for those comments, he can. Thing is what he's been accused of saying is what the REAL FANS of BWFC are thinking and saying. The idiots are running the asylum, problem is there are even more idiots paying to watch.
If Fab wants to blame me for those comments, he can. Thing is what he's been accused of saying is what the REAL FANS of BWFC are thinking and saying. The idiots are running the asylum, problem is there are even more idiots paying to watch. waynagain

12:40pm Wed 4 Dec 13

The Righteous One says...

waynagain wrote:
If Fab wants to blame me for those comments, he can. Thing is what he's been accused of saying is what the REAL FANS of BWFC are thinking and saying. The idiots are running the asylum, problem is there are even more idiots paying to watch.
AGREED!
[quote][p][bold]waynagain[/bold] wrote: If Fab wants to blame me for those comments, he can. Thing is what he's been accused of saying is what the REAL FANS of BWFC are thinking and saying. The idiots are running the asylum, problem is there are even more idiots paying to watch.[/p][/quote]AGREED! The Righteous One

12:46pm Wed 4 Dec 13

Rememberscarborough says...

Yesterday was my first home game of the season and at £26 a pop for that rubbish it's going to be a while before I go again.

Calling those players "average" would be an insult to pub players. Most of them can't pass or control even the simplest ball and the fact that we spurned half a dozen glorious opportunities to score just shows how bad the division has become.

English football is in the toilet and there has been gross mis-management at the Reebok to end up hundreds of millions in debt whilst paying a fortune for most of that team who quite clearly don't want to bothered.

Glad I'm not on Facebook otherwise I'd probably have been arrested if I'd written what I thought last night.
Yesterday was my first home game of the season and at £26 a pop for that rubbish it's going to be a while before I go again. Calling those players "average" would be an insult to pub players. Most of them can't pass or control even the simplest ball and the fact that we spurned half a dozen glorious opportunities to score just shows how bad the division has become. English football is in the toilet and there has been gross mis-management at the Reebok to end up hundreds of millions in debt whilst paying a fortune for most of that team who quite clearly don't want to bothered. Glad I'm not on Facebook otherwise I'd probably have been arrested if I'd written what I thought last night. Rememberscarborough

12:56pm Wed 4 Dec 13

Bolton Lad 85 says...

Whilst his point may be valid. A player who cost 5m and was abysmal for Bolton is wrong to critisise other players. We have average players because we have a team of frees and miss fits who in the main we pay average money to.
Whilst his point may be valid. A player who cost 5m and was abysmal for Bolton is wrong to critisise other players. We have average players because we have a team of frees and miss fits who in the main we pay average money to. Bolton Lad 85

1:04pm Wed 4 Dec 13

boltonnut says...

The truth hurts.One good thing about this article is the fact we can comment on it,usually The B.N.will not allow comments about B.W. especially when Dougie Eff opens his idiotic yap.
The truth hurts.One good thing about this article is the fact we can comment on it,usually The B.N.will not allow comments about B.W. especially when Dougie Eff opens his idiotic yap. boltonnut

1:06pm Wed 4 Dec 13

Marzi30 says...

What Muamba said reflects what the vast majority of Bolton fans think anyway. It's about time the Bolton News bothered to do some proper reporting on why a club who spent over 10 years in the Premier League, never spent big on transfers and wages yet find themselves over £100 million in debt and rising are in the state they are, starting with that clown Gartside and his excuse of a Board. This isn't news, anybody who goes on Twitter will have read his comments, I didn't see many disagreeing with them. There are 2 major players in Bolton, both of whom seem to be doing their best to turn Bolton into a laughingstock, Councillor Cliff Morris and Phil Gartside and the Bolton Evening News continue to pander to and soft soap both rather than challenging their ongoing failures, something which I though journalists were supposed to do. Oh no, our journalists at this comic happily report from their desks using soundbites picked up off the Internet while happily growing moustaches - good to see journalistic integrity isn't dead !!!
What Muamba said reflects what the vast majority of Bolton fans think anyway. It's about time the Bolton News bothered to do some proper reporting on why a club who spent over 10 years in the Premier League, never spent big on transfers and wages yet find themselves over £100 million in debt and rising are in the state they are, starting with that clown Gartside and his excuse of a Board. This isn't news, anybody who goes on Twitter will have read his comments, I didn't see many disagreeing with them. There are 2 major players in Bolton, both of whom seem to be doing their best to turn Bolton into a laughingstock, Councillor Cliff Morris and Phil Gartside and the Bolton Evening News continue to pander to and soft soap both rather than challenging their ongoing failures, something which I though journalists were supposed to do. Oh no, our journalists at this comic happily report from their desks using soundbites picked up off the Internet while happily growing moustaches - good to see journalistic integrity isn't dead !!! Marzi30

2:09pm Wed 4 Dec 13

wsw69 says...

His 'comments' were spot-on.

Until that smirking, useless waste of hanging on space Gartside is at the club, there's no chance of getting out of the rut they are in. He is utterly useless and as much use as T 1 T S on a boar!

They are a football team out of work. I for one would not pay most of them with holes out Polo mints.
His 'comments' were spot-on. Until that smirking, useless waste of hanging on space Gartside is at the club, there's no chance of getting out of the rut they are in. He is utterly useless and as much use as T 1 T S on a boar! They are a football team out of work. I for one would not pay most of them with holes out Polo mints. wsw69

2:14pm Wed 4 Dec 13

macauley says...

the truth is we paying and playing a load of misfits and a manager who has no idea and us paying fans deserve and expect better than the garbage we got last night.
the truth is we paying and playing a load of misfits and a manager who has no idea and us paying fans deserve and expect better than the garbage we got last night. macauley

3:01pm Wed 4 Dec 13

steveG says...

Most people who've watched Bolton over the years will agree with Fab and the Bolton news know it.
Why else would they not invite comments on the vast majority of items concerning Bolton Wanderers?.
Most people who've watched Bolton over the years will agree with Fab and the Bolton news know it. Why else would they not invite comments on the vast majority of items concerning Bolton Wanderers?. steveG

4:13pm Wed 4 Dec 13

Reality50 says...

Firstly let me say it is refreshing at long last to be able to comment on a BW story in the BN. I get so jealous reading the BN sister paper the LT and seeing Blackburn Rovers and Burnley fans allowed every day to comment on their club's stories yet here at the BN for the last 3 years we can't. I tend to be limited to the BWFC Facebook page. Fabrice Muamba is right,Mr Gartside needs to resign,since Big Sam left he has made mistake after mistake and a series of managerial appointments. Sammy Lee,awful,Megson,dou
r and mediocre,Coyle,all style and no substance and Freedman the tinkerman who in my view is out of his depth. We have a team of average players,no spark,no one to make you jump out of your seat. We had Feeney but he went back to Millwall and Craig Davies who Freedman won't use. Loaning our best striker to Charlton was crazy as was making Knight captain. Off the field we have spiralling debts and plummeting gates-1982 revisited-. It is time Gartside went and the club was put up for sale with new investors brought in. We are a big club but with a small club mentality at board level hence why Sam quit in 2007.If we lose to Doncaster then Freedman must go and a manager that looks to play exciting football brought in. Mark Robins would be ideal and his team played us off the park last night. Sean Dyche or Uwe Rosler would be good choices too. Gartside however is the overriding problem. I can't see us getting back in the Premier League certainly not this decade unless serious changes are made.
Firstly let me say it is refreshing at long last to be able to comment on a BW story in the BN. I get so jealous reading the BN sister paper the LT and seeing Blackburn Rovers and Burnley fans allowed every day to comment on their club's stories yet here at the BN for the last 3 years we can't. I tend to be limited to the BWFC Facebook page. Fabrice Muamba is right,Mr Gartside needs to resign,since Big Sam left he has made mistake after mistake and a series of managerial appointments. Sammy Lee,awful,Megson,dou r and mediocre,Coyle,all style and no substance and Freedman the tinkerman who in my view is out of his depth. We have a team of average players,no spark,no one to make you jump out of your seat. We had Feeney but he went back to Millwall and Craig Davies who Freedman won't use. Loaning our best striker to Charlton was crazy as was making Knight captain. Off the field we have spiralling debts and plummeting gates-1982 revisited-. It is time Gartside went and the club was put up for sale with new investors brought in. We are a big club but with a small club mentality at board level hence why Sam quit in 2007.If we lose to Doncaster then Freedman must go and a manager that looks to play exciting football brought in. Mark Robins would be ideal and his team played us off the park last night. Sean Dyche or Uwe Rosler would be good choices too. Gartside however is the overriding problem. I can't see us getting back in the Premier League certainly not this decade unless serious changes are made. Reality50

4:39pm Wed 4 Dec 13

The Righteous One says...

Reality50 - not often we agree (but its happening more and more recently - probably you are beginning to mellow ;-) ) but yet again I totally agree with what you say!
Reality50 - not often we agree (but its happening more and more recently - probably you are beginning to mellow ;-) ) but yet again I totally agree with what you say! The Righteous One

6:20pm Wed 4 Dec 13

Balboa says...

I'm still laughing at Coyle losing his job!

As for Muamba, his comments may have an element of truth but perhaps he should consider that the same "idiots" stood by him after his illness. Maybe he should have kept his thoughts to himself on this occasion.
I'm still laughing at Coyle losing his job! As for Muamba, his comments may have an element of truth but perhaps he should consider that the same "idiots" stood by him after his illness. Maybe he should have kept his thoughts to himself on this occasion. Balboa

6:34pm Wed 4 Dec 13

Changeit! says...

Balboa wrote:
I'm still laughing at Coyle losing his job!

As for Muamba, his comments may have an element of truth but perhaps he should consider that the same "idiots" stood by him after his illness. Maybe he should have kept his thoughts to himself on this occasion.
Standing by him during his illness isn't exactly heroic is it. So they flipping should have. Can still say what he wants. Not like he's employed by BWFC.
[quote][p][bold]Balboa[/bold] wrote: I'm still laughing at Coyle losing his job! As for Muamba, his comments may have an element of truth but perhaps he should consider that the same "idiots" stood by him after his illness. Maybe he should have kept his thoughts to himself on this occasion.[/p][/quote]Standing by him during his illness isn't exactly heroic is it. So they flipping should have. Can still say what he wants. Not like he's employed by BWFC. Changeit!

6:48pm Wed 4 Dec 13

saj70n says...

Teams need characters on the pitch. Before Megson came in we had team of characters who got the crowd going even if we were behind and gave it a good go. Now not a character in sight to win a game. The way bwfc play football could put you off the game for life.
Teams need characters on the pitch. Before Megson came in we had team of characters who got the crowd going even if we were behind and gave it a good go. Now not a character in sight to win a game. The way bwfc play football could put you off the game for life. saj70n

9:29pm Wed 4 Dec 13

dougie kay says...

The man is an ingrate , bad mouthing a club, that was there for him in his time of need, As for the comment about the team consisting of average player's . he should know from first hand expieriance ,after all he was down there with the worst of them
The man is an ingrate , bad mouthing a club, that was there for him in his time of need, As for the comment about the team consisting of average player's . he should know from first hand expieriance ,after all he was down there with the worst of them dougie kay

10:26pm Wed 4 Dec 13

Sexybum123 says...

Well I think it's time we got a manger who knows what he's doing.How can you expect a team to perform when every game he changes and swaps it about he is the worst manger of the recent lot we have had.With D F in charge and Gartside still there . There's only one way this club is going and it's not UP
Well I think it's time we got a manger who knows what he's doing.How can you expect a team to perform when every game he changes and swaps it about he is the worst manger of the recent lot we have had.With D F in charge and Gartside still there . There's only one way this club is going and it's not UP Sexybum123

11:21pm Wed 4 Dec 13

saj70n says...

dougie kay wrote:
The man is an ingrate , bad mouthing a club, that was there for him in his time of need, As for the comment about the team consisting of average player's . he should know from first hand expieriance ,after all he was down there with the worst of them
When he did play for bolton it was in the premiership against quality opposition, championship consist of average players
[quote][p][bold]dougie kay[/bold] wrote: The man is an ingrate , bad mouthing a club, that was there for him in his time of need, As for the comment about the team consisting of average player's . he should know from first hand expieriance ,after all he was down there with the worst of them[/p][/quote]When he did play for bolton it was in the premiership against quality opposition, championship consist of average players saj70n

11:47pm Wed 4 Dec 13

Reebok Al says...

Fabrice Muamba is quoted as saying that the Bolton team has too many average players. It is ironic that this comment should come from a player whose own footballing ability was so limited; nevertheless we all know that he is speaking the plain truth. Maybe he would have attracted less criticism if he had just questioned their character and determination.
He is also quoted as saying that everybody can beat Bolton these days, which isn't far from the truth either, and fans have their opinions as to who is responsible.
Eddie Davies keeps the club afloat and must be frustrated by the downward spiral in the club's fortunes which was initiated by the departure of Sam Allardyce in 2007.
I still believe that Dougie Freedman can succeed when he has rid the club of those players who have accepted the mediocrity of the championship and are comfortable with their pay cheques.
Fabrice Muamba is quoted as saying that the Bolton team has too many average players. It is ironic that this comment should come from a player whose own footballing ability was so limited; nevertheless we all know that he is speaking the plain truth. Maybe he would have attracted less criticism if he had just questioned their character and determination. He is also quoted as saying that everybody can beat Bolton these days, which isn't far from the truth either, and fans have their opinions as to who is responsible. Eddie Davies keeps the club afloat and must be frustrated by the downward spiral in the club's fortunes which was initiated by the departure of Sam Allardyce in 2007. I still believe that Dougie Freedman can succeed when he has rid the club of those players who have accepted the mediocrity of the championship and are comfortable with their pay cheques. Reebok Al

12:17am Thu 5 Dec 13

Bob Shaftoe says...

dougie kay wrote:
The man is an ingrate , bad mouthing a club, that was there for him in his time of need, As for the comment about the team consisting of average player's . he should know from first hand expieriance ,after all he was down there with the worst of them
What's the problem you have with Muamba doogie.?
Any story regarding him and off you go berating him.
Are you prejudiced or just a cretin?
[quote][p][bold]dougie kay[/bold] wrote: The man is an ingrate , bad mouthing a club, that was there for him in his time of need, As for the comment about the team consisting of average player's . he should know from first hand expieriance ,after all he was down there with the worst of them[/p][/quote]What's the problem you have with Muamba doogie.? Any story regarding him and off you go berating him. Are you prejudiced or just a cretin? Bob Shaftoe

6:22am Thu 5 Dec 13

Wigan Trotter says...

The problem witht he club is the board running it and always has been since the great days of the fifties!
The problem witht he club is the board running it and always has been since the great days of the fifties! Wigan Trotter

9:16am Thu 5 Dec 13

Reed Lover says...

Wigan Trotter wrote:
The problem witht he club is the board running it and always has been since the great days of the fifties!
The "great days of the fifties" pale in comparison with what Sam Alladyce achieved in the Premier League during his tenure. Gartside backed him all the way until the end and the club bought cheaply but paid big wages. Currently, financial restrictions are imposed out of necessity and that's down to Mr Davies not Mr Gartside. It was always inevitable that a team like Bolton wih its resources would get relegated and it was also regrettably inevitable that the so-called "great fans of Bolton" would desert in their droves leading to a massive dip in revenue. If the club had spent "big" bringing in players to stave off relegation they would have put the long-term financial health of the club in jeopardy and as I stated it is still reasonable to expect that a club like Bolton would have still got relegated because of the low crowds and the obvious inability to compete with clubs getting crowds of over 35,000 and with larger resources. Better a club with reduced aspirations sitting in the Championship than an over-ambitious club in Administration then League One. I'm not trying to praise Gartside but he can only do so much with the finances at his disposal.
As for Muamba, I echo other contributors here in thinking that maybe he shouldn't have attacked the players, the club and its Board after the incredible amount of support he got after that terrible day.
[quote][p][bold]Wigan Trotter[/bold] wrote: The problem witht he club is the board running it and always has been since the great days of the fifties![/p][/quote]The "great days of the fifties" pale in comparison with what Sam Alladyce achieved in the Premier League during his tenure. Gartside backed him all the way until the end and the club bought cheaply but paid big wages. Currently, financial restrictions are imposed out of necessity and that's down to Mr Davies not Mr Gartside. It was always inevitable that a team like Bolton wih its resources would get relegated and it was also regrettably inevitable that the so-called "great fans of Bolton" would desert in their droves leading to a massive dip in revenue. If the club had spent "big" bringing in players to stave off relegation they would have put the long-term financial health of the club in jeopardy and as I stated it is still reasonable to expect that a club like Bolton would have still got relegated because of the low crowds and the obvious inability to compete with clubs getting crowds of over 35,000 and with larger resources. Better a club with reduced aspirations sitting in the Championship than an over-ambitious club in Administration then League One. I'm not trying to praise Gartside but he can only do so much with the finances at his disposal. As for Muamba, I echo other contributors here in thinking that maybe he shouldn't have attacked the players, the club and its Board after the incredible amount of support he got after that terrible day. Reed Lover

10:44am Thu 5 Dec 13

waynagain says...

If Gartside is doing such a good job can you explain why our debts have ballooned. If he is so good at his job, why have none of the BIG clubs come in and offerred him a job? He approves all new player signings and contract renewals, can you name 3 players who are currently at the club who would get into any Prem starting lineup? The Board at Bolton is a joke, just a small version of the English FA who think they have some kind of divine right for success based on previous history. Gartside brought in Freedman, who only won one more game than he lost when he was at Palace, and he has proved to be out of his depth. He has won 20 games out of 58 since he came to Bolton, if he was at Wigan he would have been sacked a while back. This is Gartside's fourth consecutive failure, how many people get to keep their jobs with a track record like that. If Gartside started his own bank tomorrow, how many of you would jump to put your life savings in an account there? Time for a big clearout starting at the top and if Eddie "I love Bolton" Davies can't bring himself to do it, then do the fans a favour and sell the club to somebody with ambition.
If Gartside is doing such a good job can you explain why our debts have ballooned. If he is so good at his job, why have none of the BIG clubs come in and offerred him a job? He approves all new player signings and contract renewals, can you name 3 players who are currently at the club who would get into any Prem starting lineup? The Board at Bolton is a joke, just a small version of the English FA who think they have some kind of divine right for success based on previous history. Gartside brought in Freedman, who only won one more game than he lost when he was at Palace, and he has proved to be out of his depth. He has won 20 games out of 58 since he came to Bolton, if he was at Wigan he would have been sacked a while back. This is Gartside's fourth consecutive failure, how many people get to keep their jobs with a track record like that. If Gartside started his own bank tomorrow, how many of you would jump to put your life savings in an account there? Time for a big clearout starting at the top and if Eddie "I love Bolton" Davies can't bring himself to do it, then do the fans a favour and sell the club to somebody with ambition. waynagain

2:10pm Thu 5 Dec 13

macauley says...

saj70n wrote:
Teams need characters on the pitch. Before Megson came in we had team of characters who got the crowd going even if we were behind and gave it a good go. Now not a character in sight to win a game. The way bwfc play football could put you off the game for life.
talking about megson,getting rid of him was the start of this mess bwfc are now in..
[quote][p][bold]saj70n[/bold] wrote: Teams need characters on the pitch. Before Megson came in we had team of characters who got the crowd going even if we were behind and gave it a good go. Now not a character in sight to win a game. The way bwfc play football could put you off the game for life.[/p][/quote]talking about megson,getting rid of him was the start of this mess bwfc are now in.[FACT]. macauley

9:09pm Thu 5 Dec 13

waynagain says...

macauley wrote:
saj70n wrote: Teams need characters on the pitch. Before Megson came in we had team of characters who got the crowd going even if we were behind and gave it a good go. Now not a character in sight to win a game. The way bwfc play football could put you off the game for life.
talking about megson,getting rid of him was the start of this mess bwfc are now in..
It wasn't 'getting rid' of Megson, it was hiring Megson
[quote][p][bold]macauley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]saj70n[/bold] wrote: Teams need characters on the pitch. Before Megson came in we had team of characters who got the crowd going even if we were behind and gave it a good go. Now not a character in sight to win a game. The way bwfc play football could put you off the game for life.[/p][/quote]talking about megson,getting rid of him was the start of this mess bwfc are now in.[FACT].[/p][/quote]It wasn't 'getting rid' of Megson, it was hiring Megson waynagain

9:45am Fri 6 Dec 13

Johnke says...

Fabrics Muamba should not be apologising for telling the truth. BWFC has been mismanaged since Sam Allardyce left. A succession of inept managers, including the current post holder, have seen the club decline to now a mediocre championship club. The one common denominator in that decline is the person responsible for appointing all those managers, PHIL GARTSIDE! He seems to be totally unanswerable to anyone, he just carries on as if everything is ok. When will the Board of Directors realise that enough is enough, perhaps they will wake up when we are playing in the fourth tier again.
Fabrics Muamba should not be apologising for telling the truth. BWFC has been mismanaged since Sam Allardyce left. A succession of inept managers, including the current post holder, have seen the club decline to now a mediocre championship club. The one common denominator in that decline is the person responsible for appointing all those managers, PHIL GARTSIDE! He seems to be totally unanswerable to anyone, he just carries on as if everything is ok. When will the Board of Directors realise that enough is enough, perhaps they will wake up when we are playing in the fourth tier again. Johnke

10:26am Fri 6 Dec 13

Darrennz says...

Bolton Lad 85 wrote:
Whilst his point may be valid. A player who cost 5m and was abysmal for Bolton is wrong to critisise other players. We have average players because we have a team of frees and miss fits who in the main we pay average money to.
Mamba was never abysmal, he was consistent fit and very strong at premier league level, also very young and played for England through the u16 to the u21, his passion is to be commended.
[quote][p][bold]Bolton Lad 85[/bold] wrote: Whilst his point may be valid. A player who cost 5m and was abysmal for Bolton is wrong to critisise other players. We have average players because we have a team of frees and miss fits who in the main we pay average money to.[/p][/quote]Mamba was never abysmal, he was consistent fit and very strong at premier league level, also very young and played for England through the u16 to the u21, his passion is to be commended. Darrennz

10:41am Fri 6 Dec 13

Darrennz says...

As for BWFC's season plan of getting rid of all the quality players and showing us how they can rebuild a quality team, that ain't going too well is it?
As for BWFC's season plan of getting rid of all the quality players and showing us how they can rebuild a quality team, that ain't going too well is it? Darrennz

12:46pm Fri 6 Dec 13

The Righteous One says...

Johnke wrote:
Fabrics Muamba should not be apologising for telling the truth. BWFC has been mismanaged since Sam Allardyce left. A succession of inept managers, including the current post holder, have seen the club decline to now a mediocre championship club. The one common denominator in that decline is the person responsible for appointing all those managers, PHIL GARTSIDE! He seems to be totally unanswerable to anyone, he just carries on as if everything is ok. When will the Board of Directors realise that enough is enough, perhaps they will wake up when we are playing in the fourth tier again.
Unfortunately HE is the board of Directors as he only refers back to the owner, and no one else. And as Eddie and Phil are on great speaking terms, again after their little spat over the sacking of Megson, I cannot see Gartside going anytime soon.
[quote][p][bold]Johnke[/bold] wrote: Fabrics Muamba should not be apologising for telling the truth. BWFC has been mismanaged since Sam Allardyce left. A succession of inept managers, including the current post holder, have seen the club decline to now a mediocre championship club. The one common denominator in that decline is the person responsible for appointing all those managers, PHIL GARTSIDE! He seems to be totally unanswerable to anyone, he just carries on as if everything is ok. When will the Board of Directors realise that enough is enough, perhaps they will wake up when we are playing in the fourth tier again.[/p][/quote]Unfortunately HE is the board of Directors as he only refers back to the owner, and no one else. And as Eddie and Phil are on great speaking terms, again after their little spat over the sacking of Megson, I cannot see Gartside going anytime soon. The Righteous One

1:05pm Fri 6 Dec 13

macauley says...

waynagain wrote:
macauley wrote:
saj70n wrote: Teams need characters on the pitch. Before Megson came in we had team of characters who got the crowd going even if we were behind and gave it a good go. Now not a character in sight to win a game. The way bwfc play football could put you off the game for life.
talking about megson,getting rid of him was the start of this mess bwfc are now in..
It wasn't 'getting rid' of Megson, it was hiring Megson
I don't think so because megson at least kept us up,not like coyle now we have another scotch clown in freedman..
[quote][p][bold]waynagain[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]macauley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]saj70n[/bold] wrote: Teams need characters on the pitch. Before Megson came in we had team of characters who got the crowd going even if we were behind and gave it a good go. Now not a character in sight to win a game. The way bwfc play football could put you off the game for life.[/p][/quote]talking about megson,getting rid of him was the start of this mess bwfc are now in.[FACT].[/p][/quote]It wasn't 'getting rid' of Megson, it was hiring Megson[/p][/quote]I don't think so because megson at least kept us up,not like coyle now we have another scotch clown in freedman.[ANOTHER FACT]. macauley

4:09pm Fri 6 Dec 13

The Righteous One says...

macauley wrote:
waynagain wrote:
macauley wrote:
saj70n wrote: Teams need characters on the pitch. Before Megson came in we had team of characters who got the crowd going even if we were behind and gave it a good go. Now not a character in sight to win a game. The way bwfc play football could put you off the game for life.
talking about megson,getting rid of him was the start of this mess bwfc are now in..
It wasn't 'getting rid' of Megson, it was hiring Megson
I don't think so because megson at least kept us up,not like coyle now we have another scotch clown in freedman..
to be fair we would have come down to the Championship no matter who was in charge as the players had no fire and no guts to want to survive another dire season. Basically we hadn't improved and nowhere near improving whilst teams around us were - we were basically flat-lining!!! PLus lets not forget we went down with Megson's players and not Coyle's!
[quote][p][bold]macauley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]waynagain[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]macauley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]saj70n[/bold] wrote: Teams need characters on the pitch. Before Megson came in we had team of characters who got the crowd going even if we were behind and gave it a good go. Now not a character in sight to win a game. The way bwfc play football could put you off the game for life.[/p][/quote]talking about megson,getting rid of him was the start of this mess bwfc are now in.[FACT].[/p][/quote]It wasn't 'getting rid' of Megson, it was hiring Megson[/p][/quote]I don't think so because megson at least kept us up,not like coyle now we have another scotch clown in freedman.[ANOTHER FACT].[/p][/quote]to be fair we would have come down to the Championship no matter who was in charge as the players had no fire and no guts to want to survive another dire season. Basically we hadn't improved and nowhere near improving whilst teams around us were - we were basically flat-lining!!! PLus lets not forget we went down with Megson's players and not Coyle's! The Righteous One

9:12pm Fri 6 Dec 13

macauley says...

The Righteous One wrote:
macauley wrote:
waynagain wrote:
macauley wrote:
saj70n wrote: Teams need characters on the pitch. Before Megson came in we had team of characters who got the crowd going even if we were behind and gave it a good go. Now not a character in sight to win a game. The way bwfc play football could put you off the game for life.
talking about megson,getting rid of him was the start of this mess bwfc are now in..
It wasn't 'getting rid' of Megson, it was hiring Megson
I don't think so because megson at least kept us up,not like coyle now we have another scotch clown in freedman..
to be fair we would have come down to the Championship no matter who was in charge as the players had no fire and no guts to want to survive another dire season. Basically we hadn't improved and nowhere near improving whilst teams around us were - we were basically flat-lining!!! PLus lets not forget we went down with Megson's players and not Coyle's!
megson was only doing what he was told to selling by tight arse gartside to balance the booksj just another FACT.
[quote][p][bold]The Righteous One[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]macauley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]waynagain[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]macauley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]saj70n[/bold] wrote: Teams need characters on the pitch. Before Megson came in we had team of characters who got the crowd going even if we were behind and gave it a good go. Now not a character in sight to win a game. The way bwfc play football could put you off the game for life.[/p][/quote]talking about megson,getting rid of him was the start of this mess bwfc are now in.[FACT].[/p][/quote]It wasn't 'getting rid' of Megson, it was hiring Megson[/p][/quote]I don't think so because megson at least kept us up,not like coyle now we have another scotch clown in freedman.[ANOTHER FACT].[/p][/quote]to be fair we would have come down to the Championship no matter who was in charge as the players had no fire and no guts to want to survive another dire season. Basically we hadn't improved and nowhere near improving whilst teams around us were - we were basically flat-lining!!! PLus lets not forget we went down with Megson's players and not Coyle's![/p][/quote]megson was only doing what he was told to selling by tight arse gartside to balance the booksj just another FACT. macauley

1:54am Sat 7 Dec 13

waynagain says...

macauley wrote:
The Righteous One wrote:
macauley wrote:
waynagain wrote:
macauley wrote:
saj70n wrote: Teams need characters on the pitch. Before Megson came in we had team of characters who got the crowd going even if we were behind and gave it a good go. Now not a character in sight to win a game. The way bwfc play football could put you off the game for life.
talking about megson,getting rid of him was the start of this mess bwfc are now in..
It wasn't 'getting rid' of Megson, it was hiring Megson
I don't think so because megson at least kept us up,not like coyle now we have another scotch clown in freedman..
to be fair we would have come down to the Championship no matter who was in charge as the players had no fire and no guts to want to survive another dire season. Basically we hadn't improved and nowhere near improving whilst teams around us were - we were basically flat-lining!!! PLus lets not forget we went down with Megson's players and not Coyle's!
megson was only doing what he was told to selling by tight arse gartside to balance the booksj just another FACT.
Funny that you use cost cutting as an excuse for Megson. Coyle replaced him and was told to cut the wage bill by 50% - FACT. Coyle also lost 3 of his most important players for the whole season. Megson inherited a team that had qualified for Europe, if he couldn't keep that team from getting relegated then he shouldn't even consider himself a manager.
[quote][p][bold]macauley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Righteous One[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]macauley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]waynagain[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]macauley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]saj70n[/bold] wrote: Teams need characters on the pitch. Before Megson came in we had team of characters who got the crowd going even if we were behind and gave it a good go. Now not a character in sight to win a game. The way bwfc play football could put you off the game for life.[/p][/quote]talking about megson,getting rid of him was the start of this mess bwfc are now in.[FACT].[/p][/quote]It wasn't 'getting rid' of Megson, it was hiring Megson[/p][/quote]I don't think so because megson at least kept us up,not like coyle now we have another scotch clown in freedman.[ANOTHER FACT].[/p][/quote]to be fair we would have come down to the Championship no matter who was in charge as the players had no fire and no guts to want to survive another dire season. Basically we hadn't improved and nowhere near improving whilst teams around us were - we were basically flat-lining!!! PLus lets not forget we went down with Megson's players and not Coyle's![/p][/quote]megson was only doing what he was told to selling by tight arse gartside to balance the booksj just another FACT.[/p][/quote]Funny that you use cost cutting as an excuse for Megson. Coyle replaced him and was told to cut the wage bill by 50% - FACT. Coyle also lost 3 of his most important players for the whole season. Megson inherited a team that had qualified for Europe, if he couldn't keep that team from getting relegated then he shouldn't even consider himself a manager. waynagain

3:08am Sat 7 Dec 13

Darrennz says...

If you are looking to pin point the turning point of Boltons form and fortune it was when they played Man U in a league match where they were also possibly going to meet in the FA Cup final but Evans crippled Holden and the tide has been going out ever since.
If you are looking to pin point the turning point of Boltons form and fortune it was when they played Man U in a league match where they were also possibly going to meet in the FA Cup final but Evans crippled Holden and the tide has been going out ever since. Darrennz

5:51pm Sun 8 Dec 13

Greasy Chip Butty says...

Wern't at match but seen Huddersfield play before and they are were brill. Playing the game how it should be played.
West Ham Wanderers could be joining us next season
Wern't at match but seen Huddersfield play before and they are were brill. Playing the game how it should be played. West Ham Wanderers could be joining us next season Greasy Chip Butty

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree