Elderly woman freed after being locked in bedroom
An elderly woman was freed by firefighters after becoming locked in her bedroom.
The woman was said to be panicking, and was speaking to firefighters through her window at her bungalow in Lever Edge Lane, Deane, at about 5.30pm when the bolt inside the latch of the bedroom door had become stuck.
Firefighters from Bolton Central fire station got into her house and opened the door after she rang for help.
The woman was worried that some towels she had left near her fireplace would catch fire, but fortuntely they were safe.
She was stuck in her bedroom for about 20 minutes. Firefighters have her home safety advice.
Comments are closed on this article.