Woman and son evacuate Burnley home after fire

A WOMAN in her 60s and her son had to evacuate their home when a fire started in the living room.

The woman had been watching TV at her home in Penistone Street, in Burnley, when she heard bangs and saw sparks flying from the electricity box.

The lights and the TV went off and smoke engulfed to room.

Firefighters were called to the mid-terraced property at around 7.50pm yesterday (MON) to put out the flames, which spread to the window and curtains.

Paramedics were called and the woman received precautionary checks.

The occupants had to spend the night with friends.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree