Woman and son evacuate Burnley home after fire
10:44am Tuesday 3rd December 2013 in News
A WOMAN in her 60s and her son had to evacuate their home when a fire started in the living room.
The woman had been watching TV at her home in Penistone Street, in Burnley, when she heard bangs and saw sparks flying from the electricity box.
The lights and the TV went off and smoke engulfed to room.
Firefighters were called to the mid-terraced property at around 7.50pm yesterday (MON) to put out the flames, which spread to the window and curtains.
Paramedics were called and the woman received precautionary checks.
The occupants had to spend the night with friends.
Comments are closed on this article.