Fire crew called to youth hostel after food left on cooker
8:52am Wednesday 16th October 2013 in News
A fire crew was called to a youth hostel this morning after food had been left on a cooker.
A man had left a plate of noodles on the hob, and had become distracted while falling asleep on a couch.
The crew from Bolton Central were called to the youth hostel in Chorley New Road at around 6.30am this morning.
Smoke was pouring from the property, and firefighters were forced to break into the flat with a door ram to help the man out of the youth hostel.
He was said to be coughing and spluttering, but required no further medical attention.
Watch manager Ian Ainsworth said the flat had a working smoke alarm, but stressed the importance of being vigilant while preparing food.
He said: “It is very important that people do not get distracted while cooking food, and they need to make sure they have a working smoke alarm.”
Comments are closed on this article.