Electrical fault blamed for Rawtenstall kitchen fire
2:04pm Monday 18th February 2013 in News
AN ELECTRICAL fault caused a fire in a kitchen at a home in Rawtenstall.
A fire crew from Burnley and another from Rawtenstall attended the blaze in Manchester Road, Clowbridge, at around midnight yesterday.
Watch manager Steve Harrison from Burnley Fire Station said that although the fire was not very big, it gave off a lot of smoke.
He said: “It was quite a difficult fire to tackle because it involved and electricity supply.
“It was quite dangerous for the firefighters, but we managed to get it to a controllable level and got the electricity company out to completely kill it.”
He said a man and woman were asleep in the property at the time and although there were no smoke alarms in the kitchen, they were luckily awoken by the sound made when the electricity supply was switched off.