MPs vote to back gay marriage plan

First published in News

David Cameron got his way as gay marriage legislation cleared its first hurdle in the Commons - but saw his party split down the middle.

After the Prime Minister made a last ditch appeal for support, the House backed the proposals by a big margin of 400 to 175.

However, with Labour and Liberal Democrats strongly in favour, it was clear that scores of Tories had taken advantage of the free vote to register their opposition.

The Labour Whips office suggested that 139 Tories had voted against the Bill, with 132 in favour. Dozens more did not vote.

The result followed more than six hours of stormy debate on the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill.

Culture Secretary Maria Miller said it would make Britain "a fairer place to live", and insisted religious organisations which did not want to conduct gay marriages had protection.

But Tory MPs lined up to condemn the measures - including the chairman of the backbench 1922 Committee Graham Brady, who said he had "serious misgivings" over assurances on religious freedom.

Former defence minister Sir Gerald Howarth said that the Government had no mandate for such a "massive social and cultural change", which was not mentioned in the Conservative manifesto for the 2010 election.

Speaking in Downing Street less than two hours before the crunch vote, Mr Cameron accepted that there were "strong views on both sides of the argument".

But he said: "I am a strong believer in marriage. It helps people commit to each other and I think it is right that gay people should be able to get married too."

Comments (65)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:19pm Tue 5 Feb 13

Rawenergy says...

UKIP UKIP!! This nothing more than a joke. Fairer Britain she says: whats fairer than allowing any Youeseff, Milsolivic etc flood our island and use our benefits. Marriage is between man and woman......Written fact for centuries. How about this usless government actually vote on something that will help the country by stopping billions of aid. Useless!!!!!!
UKIP UKIP!! This nothing more than a joke. Fairer Britain she says: whats fairer than allowing any Youeseff, Milsolivic etc flood our island and use our benefits. Marriage is between man and woman......Written fact for centuries. How about this usless government actually vote on something that will help the country by stopping billions of aid. Useless!!!!!! Rawenergy
  • Score: 3

9:34pm Tue 5 Feb 13

davoovad says...

Rawenergy wrote:
UKIP UKIP!! This nothing more than a joke. Fairer Britain she says: whats fairer than allowing any Youeseff, Milsolivic etc flood our island and use our benefits. Marriage is between man and woman......Written fact for centuries. How about this usless government actually vote on something that will help the country by stopping billions of aid. Useless!!!!!!
Totally agree, Ukip All The Way !!!!
[quote][p][bold]Rawenergy[/bold] wrote: UKIP UKIP!! This nothing more than a joke. Fairer Britain she says: whats fairer than allowing any Youeseff, Milsolivic etc flood our island and use our benefits. Marriage is between man and woman......Written fact for centuries. How about this usless government actually vote on something that will help the country by stopping billions of aid. Useless!!!!!![/p][/quote]Totally agree, Ukip All The Way !!!! davoovad
  • Score: 0

10:32pm Tue 5 Feb 13

BWFC71 says...

Well Nigel Farage, of UKIP, will be happy as its one less thing on their manifesto. And it goes to show that people don't realise what the Party's Manifesto's include.

UKIP have wanted Gay Marriages for the last 5 years!!!!

It is about time people read what UKIP actually stands for, they would soon change their mind. UKIP now doesn't want out of the EU - they have got used to the gravy train, but want to change it from the inside!!!!

God Bless the new UKIP!!!
Well Nigel Farage, of UKIP, will be happy as its one less thing on their manifesto. And it goes to show that people don't realise what the Party's Manifesto's include. UKIP have wanted Gay Marriages for the last 5 years!!!! It is about time people read what UKIP actually stands for, they would soon change their mind. UKIP now doesn't want out of the EU - they have got used to the gravy train, but want to change it from the inside!!!! God Bless the new UKIP!!! BWFC71
  • Score: 1

12:06am Wed 6 Feb 13

boydell says...

A so called marriage between two same sex people is against the laws of God and nature!! Remember what God done to Soddam and Gommorah. Hence the word.... Sodomy.
In a few years time the government will probably legalise pidophelia.
They havn't got a clue and I give up on this government altogether.
A so called marriage between two same sex people is against the laws of God and nature!! Remember what God done to Soddam and Gommorah. Hence the word.... Sodomy. In a few years time the government will probably legalise pidophelia. They havn't got a clue and I give up on this government altogether. boydell
  • Score: 1

8:38am Wed 6 Feb 13

F.D.R. says...

boydell wrote:
A so called marriage between two same sex people is against the laws of God and nature!! Remember what God done to Soddam and Gommorah. Hence the word.... Sodomy. In a few years time the government will probably legalise pidophelia. They havn't got a clue and I give up on this government altogether.
Boydell... are you comparing homosexuallity to pidophelia (peodophilia)?
[quote][p][bold]boydell[/bold] wrote: A so called marriage between two same sex people is against the laws of God and nature!! Remember what God done to Soddam and Gommorah. Hence the word.... Sodomy. In a few years time the government will probably legalise pidophelia. They havn't got a clue and I give up on this government altogether.[/p][/quote]Boydell... are you comparing homosexuallity to pidophelia (peodophilia)? F.D.R.
  • Score: -2

9:35am Wed 6 Feb 13

Bob Shaftoe says...

The country's going down the pan and all Cameron can come up with is this tripe. I've nothing against gays but what a waste of parliamentary time all for a few thousand votes. This is the WORST government in memory including that of the liar Blair and his 'New Liberals'.
The country's going down the pan and all Cameron can come up with is this tripe. I've nothing against gays but what a waste of parliamentary time all for a few thousand votes. This is the WORST government in memory including that of the liar Blair and his 'New Liberals'. Bob Shaftoe
  • Score: -1

10:40am Wed 6 Feb 13

F.D.R. says...

berushka wrote:
F.D.R. wrote:
boydell wrote: A so called marriage between two same sex people is against the laws of God and nature!! Remember what God done to Soddam and Gommorah. Hence the word.... Sodomy. In a few years time the government will probably legalise pidophelia. They havn't got a clue and I give up on this government altogether.
Boydell... are you comparing homosexuallity to pidophelia (peodophilia)?
and why not? Both acts are disgusting and should be treated as such. The way the country is accepting behaviour that has,for centuries, been considered evil is frightening and the future must be a big worry for those who believe decency and family life are sacred.
Why is homosexuality evil?

Do you have kids? What would you say to them if one of them told you they were gay?
[quote][p][bold]berushka[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]F.D.R.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]boydell[/bold] wrote: A so called marriage between two same sex people is against the laws of God and nature!! Remember what God done to Soddam and Gommorah. Hence the word.... Sodomy. In a few years time the government will probably legalise pidophelia. They havn't got a clue and I give up on this government altogether.[/p][/quote]Boydell... are you comparing homosexuallity to pidophelia (peodophilia)?[/p][/quote]and why not? Both acts are disgusting and should be treated as such. The way the country is accepting behaviour that has,for centuries, been considered evil is frightening and the future must be a big worry for those who believe decency and family life are sacred.[/p][/quote]Why is homosexuality evil? Do you have kids? What would you say to them if one of them told you they were gay? F.D.R.
  • Score: 3

10:53am Wed 6 Feb 13

marco999 says...

You pathetic bigoted losers.
You pathetic bigoted losers. marco999
  • Score: 3

11:06am Wed 6 Feb 13

boydell says...

Yes FDR I have children and grandchildren who were brought up in a good home to respect the law of God and to respect the laws of the land.
How can a government keep the people respect when they are bowing down to perverts. This is what is called a step too far.
In answer to your question about if one of my family told me they were gay. I would tell them to become celibate, not take an easy way out by choosing a samesex partner to gratify perverted sexual needs. Celibacy is not against the law of God.
Yes FDR I have children and grandchildren who were brought up in a good home to respect the law of God and to respect the laws of the land. How can a government keep the people respect when they are bowing down to perverts. This is what is called a step too far. In answer to your question about if one of my family told me they were gay. I would tell them to become celibate, not take an easy way out by choosing a samesex partner to gratify perverted sexual needs. Celibacy is not against the law of God. boydell
  • Score: -1

11:14am Wed 6 Feb 13

F.D.R. says...

boydell wrote:
Yes FDR I have children and grandchildren who were brought up in a good home to respect the law of God and to respect the laws of the land. How can a government keep the people respect when they are bowing down to perverts. This is what is called a step too far. In answer to your question about if one of my family told me they were gay. I would tell them to become celibate, not take an easy way out by choosing a samesex partner to gratify perverted sexual needs. Celibacy is not against the law of God.
Can you confirm where in the law of God it says this? Out of interest do you know the chapter and verse?
[quote][p][bold]boydell[/bold] wrote: Yes FDR I have children and grandchildren who were brought up in a good home to respect the law of God and to respect the laws of the land. How can a government keep the people respect when they are bowing down to perverts. This is what is called a step too far. In answer to your question about if one of my family told me they were gay. I would tell them to become celibate, not take an easy way out by choosing a samesex partner to gratify perverted sexual needs. Celibacy is not against the law of God.[/p][/quote]Can you confirm where in the law of God it says this? Out of interest do you know the chapter and verse? F.D.R.
  • Score: -1

11:39am Wed 6 Feb 13

thealexweb says...

Wow there a lot of disgruntled middle class white men that like to think the world shouldn't move on the 1950's, get a grip oldies XD
Wow there a lot of disgruntled middle class white men that like to think the world shouldn't move on the 1950's, get a grip oldies XD thealexweb
  • Score: 0

11:47am Wed 6 Feb 13

Harry-Joe says...

haha People do make me laugh.

Why do people think they have a right to inforce their religous beliefs on other people or think that their opinion is better than someone elses?
You are being cruel to people you have never met and who have no impact on your or your life. How will letting a gay couple marry actually effect you? It wont unless you are gay.
Why would you try and stop someone else being happy for no valid reason. So you think its wrong and your entitiled to your opinion but why do you think everyone should live by your beliefs?

If there is a GOD and he says its Wrong then let gay people answer to GOD and not you!

Each to their own i say. What ever makes you happy.

If any of my children happens to be gay then i would rather them be gay and happy then living a lie and be unhappy.
haha People do make me laugh. Why do people think they have a right to inforce their religous beliefs on other people or think that their opinion is better than someone elses? You are being cruel to people you have never met and who have no impact on your or your life. How will letting a gay couple marry actually effect you? It wont unless you are gay. Why would you try and stop someone else being happy for no valid reason. So you think its wrong and your entitiled to your opinion but why do you think everyone should live by your beliefs? If there is a GOD and he says its Wrong then let gay people answer to GOD and not you! Each to their own i say. What ever makes you happy. If any of my children happens to be gay then i would rather them be gay and happy then living a lie and be unhappy. Harry-Joe
  • Score: 4

2:30pm Wed 6 Feb 13

BWFC71 says...

boydell wrote:
A so called marriage between two same sex people is against the laws of God and nature!! Remember what God done to Soddam and Gommorah. Hence the word.... Sodomy.
In a few years time the government will probably legalise pidophelia.
They havn't got a clue and I give up on this government altogether.
Please advise as to where in the Bible that the love of two people, of the same sex, is against the laws of God!!! Sodomy happens between heterosexual couple, just as much as homosexual couple so the Bible IS referring to it in general and not same sex love!

there is NO passage in teh Bible that refers to acts of love between same sex as imorral or wrong in teh eyes of God!!! I suggest re-reading the bible, as it seems you have forggoten what it says - instead of reading Daily Fail scare stories!
[quote][p][bold]boydell[/bold] wrote: A so called marriage between two same sex people is against the laws of God and nature!! Remember what God done to Soddam and Gommorah. Hence the word.... Sodomy. In a few years time the government will probably legalise pidophelia. They havn't got a clue and I give up on this government altogether.[/p][/quote]Please advise as to where in the Bible that the love of two people, of the same sex, is against the laws of God!!! Sodomy happens between heterosexual couple, just as much as homosexual couple so the Bible IS referring to it in general and not same sex love! there is NO passage in teh Bible that refers to acts of love between same sex as imorral or wrong in teh eyes of God!!! I suggest re-reading the bible, as it seems you have forggoten what it says - instead of reading Daily Fail scare stories! BWFC71
  • Score: 3

3:30pm Wed 6 Feb 13

boydell says...

Its very obvious that BWFC71 does not read the bible.
If he reads.. ROMANS1 18 to 32 "Gods wrath against mankind" it states clearly, ....
quote.."even women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones, in the same way men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with **** for other men. Men committed indecent acts with one another and received the due penalty for their perversion. Although they know Gods righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, the not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them",....unquote.
Read the bible and see for yourselves the word of God.
As for Harry Joes comment. It would make me very happy to go down to Tescos and fill a trolly and walk out without paying, but would that be the right thing to do just because it makes me happy ???
Its very obvious that BWFC71 does not read the bible. If he reads.. ROMANS1 18 to 32 "Gods wrath against mankind" it states clearly, .... quote.."even women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones, in the same way men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with **** for other men. Men committed indecent acts with one another and received the due penalty for their perversion. Although they know Gods righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, the not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them",....unquote. Read the bible and see for yourselves the word of God. As for Harry Joes comment. It would make me very happy to go down to Tescos and fill a trolly and walk out without paying, but would that be the right thing to do just because it makes me happy ??? boydell
  • Score: 0

3:51pm Wed 6 Feb 13

F.D.R. says...

boydell wrote:
Its very obvious that BWFC71 does not read the bible. If he reads.. ROMANS1 18 to 32 "Gods wrath against mankind" it states clearly, .... quote.."even women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones, in the same way men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with **** for other men. Men committed indecent acts with one another and received the due penalty for their perversion. Although they know Gods righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, the not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them",....unquote. Read the bible and see for yourselves the word of God. As for Harry Joes comment. It would make me very happy to go down to Tescos and fill a trolly and walk out without paying, but would that be the right thing to do just because it makes me happy ???
Boydell thank you for clearing that up.

Can I check though that as you do follow the 'law of God' as described above you also subscribe that...

It is ok to sell your daughter into slavery:
Exodus 21:7
"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go free as male slaves do."

You do not work, shop or do anything on a Sunday and support the death penalty for those who do. (Hope you don't shop at Tesco on a Sunday)
Exodus 35:2
"On six days work may be done, but the seventh day shall be sacred to you as the sabbath of complete rest to the Lord. Anyone who does work on that day shall be put to death."

Just want to make sure that when you wish to follow the law of God as directed litterally in the bible you are in fact following ALL of it. Not just a few select passages which you choose to select. Because, if you were to do that, I'm sure you'd be breaking the law of God!

So can you confirm that you support salvery and the death penalty for everyone who does anything on the sabbath??
[quote][p][bold]boydell[/bold] wrote: Its very obvious that BWFC71 does not read the bible. If he reads.. ROMANS1 18 to 32 "Gods wrath against mankind" it states clearly, .... quote.."even women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones, in the same way men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with **** for other men. Men committed indecent acts with one another and received the due penalty for their perversion. Although they know Gods righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, the not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them",....unquote. Read the bible and see for yourselves the word of God. As for Harry Joes comment. It would make me very happy to go down to Tescos and fill a trolly and walk out without paying, but would that be the right thing to do just because it makes me happy ???[/p][/quote]Boydell thank you for clearing that up. Can I check though that as you do follow the 'law of God' as described above you also subscribe that... It is ok to sell your daughter into slavery: Exodus 21:7 "When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go free as male slaves do." You do not work, shop or do anything on a Sunday and support the death penalty for those who do. (Hope you don't shop at Tesco on a Sunday) Exodus 35:2 "On six days work may be done, but the seventh day shall be sacred to you as the sabbath of complete rest to the Lord. Anyone who does work on that day shall be put to death." Just want to make sure that when you wish to follow the law of God as directed litterally in the bible you are in fact following ALL of it. Not just a few select passages which you choose to select. Because, if you were to do that, I'm sure you'd be breaking the law of God! So can you confirm that you support salvery and the death penalty for everyone who does anything on the sabbath?? F.D.R.
  • Score: 0

4:06pm Wed 6 Feb 13

Harry-Joe says...

boydell

Dont be silly Stealing is illegal being gay is not.

And as for god and the bible... The bible contradicts its self throughout.
Did GOD write the Bible? No he didnt, so how do you know its his word? I think you will find GOD told me last week that he likes Gay people and welcomes them.... You should believe that as you obvuously believe anything.

Stop hiding behind GOD and face the fact this is your view and not 'GODS'!

And what has it got to do with anyone else if someone chooses to follow gods ways or not? Its up to them to answer to their GOD not to you or any of us.

Think about what all the GOD followers are saying. Other religions dont drink so does that mean everyone should not drink?

I dont care what people think GOD wants. I have a clear conscience and will be happy to face such GOD when my time comes. Its my life and my decision no-one elses.
boydell Dont be silly Stealing is illegal being gay is not. And as for god and the bible... The bible contradicts its self throughout. Did GOD write the Bible? No he didnt, so how do you know its his word? I think you will find GOD told me last week that he likes Gay people and welcomes them.... You should believe that as you obvuously believe anything. Stop hiding behind GOD and face the fact this is your view and not 'GODS'! And what has it got to do with anyone else if someone chooses to follow gods ways or not? Its up to them to answer to their GOD not to you or any of us. Think about what all the GOD followers are saying. Other religions dont drink so does that mean everyone should not drink? I dont care what people think GOD wants. I have a clear conscience and will be happy to face such GOD when my time comes. Its my life and my decision no-one elses. Harry-Joe
  • Score: 4

4:07pm Wed 6 Feb 13

Harry-Joe says...

What makes you think you have the right to tell people how to live there lives?
What makes you think you have the right to tell people how to live there lives? Harry-Joe
  • Score: 3

4:58pm Wed 6 Feb 13

F.D.R. says...

berushka do you also agree in slavery and the death penalty for those who work on the sabbeth?
berushka do you also agree in slavery and the death penalty for those who work on the sabbeth? F.D.R.
  • Score: -1

5:37pm Wed 6 Feb 13

boydell says...

F.D.R. wrote:
boydell wrote:
Its very obvious that BWFC71 does not read the bible. If he reads.. ROMANS1 18 to 32 "Gods wrath against mankind" it states clearly, .... quote.."even women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones, in the same way men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with **** for other men. Men committed indecent acts with one another and received the due penalty for their perversion. Although they know Gods righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, the not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them",....unquote. Read the bible and see for yourselves the word of God. As for Harry Joes comment. It would make me very happy to go down to Tescos and fill a trolly and walk out without paying, but would that be the right thing to do just because it makes me happy ???
Boydell thank you for clearing that up.

Can I check though that as you do follow the 'law of God' as described above you also subscribe that...

It is ok to sell your daughter into slavery:
Exodus 21:7
"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go free as male slaves do."

You do not work, shop or do anything on a Sunday and support the death penalty for those who do. (Hope you don't shop at Tesco on a Sunday)
Exodus 35:2
"On six days work may be done, but the seventh day shall be sacred to you as the sabbath of complete rest to the Lord. Anyone who does work on that day shall be put to death."

Just want to make sure that when you wish to follow the law of God as directed litterally in the bible you are in fact following ALL of it. Not just a few select passages which you choose to select. Because, if you were to do that, I'm sure you'd be breaking the law of God!

So can you confirm that you support salvery and the death penalty for everyone who does anything on the sabbath??
Yep to all that !!!
[quote][p][bold]F.D.R.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]boydell[/bold] wrote: Its very obvious that BWFC71 does not read the bible. If he reads.. ROMANS1 18 to 32 "Gods wrath against mankind" it states clearly, .... quote.."even women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones, in the same way men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with **** for other men. Men committed indecent acts with one another and received the due penalty for their perversion. Although they know Gods righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, the not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them",....unquote. Read the bible and see for yourselves the word of God. As for Harry Joes comment. It would make me very happy to go down to Tescos and fill a trolly and walk out without paying, but would that be the right thing to do just because it makes me happy ???[/p][/quote]Boydell thank you for clearing that up. Can I check though that as you do follow the 'law of God' as described above you also subscribe that... It is ok to sell your daughter into slavery: Exodus 21:7 "When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go free as male slaves do." You do not work, shop or do anything on a Sunday and support the death penalty for those who do. (Hope you don't shop at Tesco on a Sunday) Exodus 35:2 "On six days work may be done, but the seventh day shall be sacred to you as the sabbath of complete rest to the Lord. Anyone who does work on that day shall be put to death." Just want to make sure that when you wish to follow the law of God as directed litterally in the bible you are in fact following ALL of it. Not just a few select passages which you choose to select. Because, if you were to do that, I'm sure you'd be breaking the law of God! So can you confirm that you support salvery and the death penalty for everyone who does anything on the sabbath??[/p][/quote]Yep to all that !!! boydell
  • Score: -1

6:58pm Wed 6 Feb 13

Love Bolton says...

I think this is an age issue from my straw poll of friends and family. Those who are over 65 are against and those under are for.
Many my age see it ss a complete non issue and are rather surprised at the debate. I suppose at school in the 70s/80s it was a normal part of life to have gay/bi-sexual friends, so just really a non-issue.
Glad it has been finally sorted out though as must have been sad for those who wanted to marry.
I think this is an age issue from my straw poll of friends and family. Those who are over 65 are against and those under are for. Many my age see it ss a complete non issue and are rather surprised at the debate. I suppose at school in the 70s/80s it was a normal part of life to have gay/bi-sexual friends, so just really a non-issue. Glad it has been finally sorted out though as must have been sad for those who wanted to marry. Love Bolton
  • Score: 2

7:43pm Wed 6 Feb 13

boydell says...

Just a point I would like cleared up. When one of the partners in the so called marriage dies who decides which one is entitled to a widows pension,,,,in other words can either one claim widows pension.......Just curious......
Just a point I would like cleared up. When one of the partners in the so called marriage dies who decides which one is entitled to a widows pension,,,,in other words can either one claim widows pension.......Just curious...... boydell
  • Score: -3

9:17pm Wed 6 Feb 13

BWFC71 says...

boydell wrote:
F.D.R. wrote:
boydell wrote:
Its very obvious that BWFC71 does not read the bible. If he reads.. ROMANS1 18 to 32 "Gods wrath against mankind" it states clearly, .... quote.."even women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones, in the same way men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with **** for other men. Men committed indecent acts with one another and received the due penalty for their perversion. Although they know Gods righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, the not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them",....unquote. Read the bible and see for yourselves the word of God. As for Harry Joes comment. It would make me very happy to go down to Tescos and fill a trolly and walk out without paying, but would that be the right thing to do just because it makes me happy ???
Boydell thank you for clearing that up.

Can I check though that as you do follow the 'law of God' as described above you also subscribe that...

It is ok to sell your daughter into slavery:
Exodus 21:7
"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go free as male slaves do."

You do not work, shop or do anything on a Sunday and support the death penalty for those who do. (Hope you don't shop at Tesco on a Sunday)
Exodus 35:2
"On six days work may be done, but the seventh day shall be sacred to you as the sabbath of complete rest to the Lord. Anyone who does work on that day shall be put to death."

Just want to make sure that when you wish to follow the law of God as directed litterally in the bible you are in fact following ALL of it. Not just a few select passages which you choose to select. Because, if you were to do that, I'm sure you'd be breaking the law of God!

So can you confirm that you support salvery and the death penalty for everyone who does anything on the sabbath??
Yep to all that !!!
So we base our lives on the OLD Testament and not the NEW Testament!

The Old Testament also allows genocide, racism, wars and these are just a few other things which we utterly object to and detest in the modern world.

Therefore by your understanding we should be killing off other species of Humanity, we should believe in racism and most importantly we should be advocating wars in every part of our world!
[quote][p][bold]boydell[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]F.D.R.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]boydell[/bold] wrote: Its very obvious that BWFC71 does not read the bible. If he reads.. ROMANS1 18 to 32 "Gods wrath against mankind" it states clearly, .... quote.."even women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones, in the same way men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with **** for other men. Men committed indecent acts with one another and received the due penalty for their perversion. Although they know Gods righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, the not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them",....unquote. Read the bible and see for yourselves the word of God. As for Harry Joes comment. It would make me very happy to go down to Tescos and fill a trolly and walk out without paying, but would that be the right thing to do just because it makes me happy ???[/p][/quote]Boydell thank you for clearing that up. Can I check though that as you do follow the 'law of God' as described above you also subscribe that... It is ok to sell your daughter into slavery: Exodus 21:7 "When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go free as male slaves do." You do not work, shop or do anything on a Sunday and support the death penalty for those who do. (Hope you don't shop at Tesco on a Sunday) Exodus 35:2 "On six days work may be done, but the seventh day shall be sacred to you as the sabbath of complete rest to the Lord. Anyone who does work on that day shall be put to death." Just want to make sure that when you wish to follow the law of God as directed litterally in the bible you are in fact following ALL of it. Not just a few select passages which you choose to select. Because, if you were to do that, I'm sure you'd be breaking the law of God! So can you confirm that you support salvery and the death penalty for everyone who does anything on the sabbath??[/p][/quote]Yep to all that !!![/p][/quote]So we base our lives on the OLD Testament and not the NEW Testament! The Old Testament also allows genocide, racism, wars and these are just a few other things which we utterly object to and detest in the modern world. Therefore by your understanding we should be killing off other species of Humanity, we should believe in racism and most importantly we should be advocating wars in every part of our world! BWFC71
  • Score: 0

9:21pm Wed 6 Feb 13

BWFC71 says...

PS my last post was aimed at Boydell!


Who has the right to tell people what they should and should not be, or do. Are you and people like you dictators and controllers???

Are you Gods right ahnd man, did God write the Testaments or was in man?
PS my last post was aimed at Boydell! Who has the right to tell people what they should and should not be, or do. Are you and people like you dictators and controllers??? Are you Gods right ahnd man, did God write the Testaments or was in man? BWFC71
  • Score: 0

9:25pm Wed 6 Feb 13

BWFC71 says...

Here is a good one for the God squad to answer.....

Before getting married one has to be asked for forgiveness in having sex with your partner and acknowledge that sex is wrong - why?

Or how about this

What is Gods position on orgies, as they are never mentioned in the Bible?

Also anyone who belongs to the Church of England are blasphemous as they are believeing in a false God, due to the fact that God disciples, according to the Church, are NOT meant to marry, and are meant to be cleansed and without sin so they can preach the truth!!!
Here is a good one for the God squad to answer..... Before getting married one has to be asked for forgiveness in having sex with your partner and acknowledge that sex is wrong - why? Or how about this What is Gods position on orgies, as they are never mentioned in the Bible? Also anyone who belongs to the Church of England are blasphemous as they are believeing in a false God, due to the fact that God disciples, according to the Church, are NOT meant to marry, and are meant to be cleansed and without sin so they can preach the truth!!! BWFC71
  • Score: 1

9:27pm Wed 6 Feb 13

BWFC71 says...

In fact all those who belong to Church of England are sinners and should be punished for breaking God's laws.
In fact all those who belong to Church of England are sinners and should be punished for breaking God's laws. BWFC71
  • Score: 0

11:15pm Wed 6 Feb 13

FatMorrisOut says...

berushka wrote:
F.D.R. wrote:
boydell wrote:
A so called marriage between two same sex people is against the laws of God and nature!! Remember what God done to Soddam and Gommorah. Hence the word.... Sodomy. In a few years time the government will probably legalise pidophelia. They havn't got a clue and I give up on this government altogether.
Boydell... are you comparing homosexuallity to pidophelia (peodophilia)?
and why not? Both acts are disgusting and should be treated as such. The way the country is accepting behaviour that has,for centuries, been considered evil is frightening and the future must be a big worry for those who believe decency and family life are sacred.
You are a t**t. Gays are not disgusting or classed as evil. A marriage is a union between a man and a woman, but we live in the 21st Century. Plus you Czech ****, this is not your concern.
[quote][p][bold]berushka[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]F.D.R.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]boydell[/bold] wrote: A so called marriage between two same sex people is against the laws of God and nature!! Remember what God done to Soddam and Gommorah. Hence the word.... Sodomy. In a few years time the government will probably legalise pidophelia. They havn't got a clue and I give up on this government altogether.[/p][/quote]Boydell... are you comparing homosexuallity to pidophelia (peodophilia)?[/p][/quote]and why not? Both acts are disgusting and should be treated as such. The way the country is accepting behaviour that has,for centuries, been considered evil is frightening and the future must be a big worry for those who believe decency and family life are sacred.[/p][/quote]You are a t**t. Gays are not disgusting or classed as evil. A marriage is a union between a man and a woman, but we live in the 21st Century. Plus you Czech ****, this is not your concern. FatMorrisOut
  • Score: 0

11:21pm Wed 6 Feb 13

FatMorrisOut says...

boydell wrote:
Yes FDR I have children and grandchildren who were brought up in a good home to respect the law of God and to respect the laws of the land.
How can a government keep the people respect when they are bowing down to perverts. This is what is called a step too far.
In answer to your question about if one of my family told me they were gay. I would tell them to become celibate, not take an easy way out by choosing a samesex partner to gratify perverted sexual needs. Celibacy is not against the law of God.
BIGOT! Grow up you disgruntled person. How can you call people perverts who are born with a sexuality, whether it is man and man, woman and woman. would you abandon your family member should they become gay??
[quote][p][bold]boydell[/bold] wrote: Yes FDR I have children and grandchildren who were brought up in a good home to respect the law of God and to respect the laws of the land. How can a government keep the people respect when they are bowing down to perverts. This is what is called a step too far. In answer to your question about if one of my family told me they were gay. I would tell them to become celibate, not take an easy way out by choosing a samesex partner to gratify perverted sexual needs. Celibacy is not against the law of God.[/p][/quote]BIGOT! Grow up you disgruntled person. How can you call people perverts who are born with a sexuality, whether it is man and man, woman and woman. would you abandon your family member should they become gay?? FatMorrisOut
  • Score: 4

9:13am Thu 7 Feb 13

berushka says...

FatMorrisOut wrote:
berushka wrote:
F.D.R. wrote:
boydell wrote:
A so called marriage between two same sex people is against the laws of God and nature!! Remember what God done to Soddam and Gommorah. Hence the word.... Sodomy. In a few years time the government will probably legalise pidophelia. They havn't got a clue and I give up on this government altogether.
Boydell... are you comparing homosexuallity to pidophelia (peodophilia)?
and why not? Both acts are disgusting and should be treated as such. The way the country is accepting behaviour that has,for centuries, been considered evil is frightening and the future must be a big worry for those who believe decency and family life are sacred.
You are a t**t. Gays are not disgusting or classed as evil. A marriage is a union between a man and a woman, but we live in the 21st Century. Plus you Czech ****, this is not your concern.
shut your stupid silly mouth fatboy. I am more English than you are. Both these acts are disgusting and deserve death. And bye the way, it has nothing to do with what tripe is written in the bible, a pack of lies written by clever men to rule the working classes, as anyone with half a brain knows there is no god of any shape or size. And finally, for all you trendy wanna be's, the words are homosexual, lesbian, queer, puffter, dike, limp wrist or moron, but NEVER gay, as this word means to be happy and joyful, not abnormal. Now I wait to be bludgeoned by a lot of pink handbags!
[quote][p][bold]FatMorrisOut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]berushka[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]F.D.R.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]boydell[/bold] wrote: A so called marriage between two same sex people is against the laws of God and nature!! Remember what God done to Soddam and Gommorah. Hence the word.... Sodomy. In a few years time the government will probably legalise pidophelia. They havn't got a clue and I give up on this government altogether.[/p][/quote]Boydell... are you comparing homosexuallity to pidophelia (peodophilia)?[/p][/quote]and why not? Both acts are disgusting and should be treated as such. The way the country is accepting behaviour that has,for centuries, been considered evil is frightening and the future must be a big worry for those who believe decency and family life are sacred.[/p][/quote]You are a t**t. Gays are not disgusting or classed as evil. A marriage is a union between a man and a woman, but we live in the 21st Century. Plus you Czech ****, this is not your concern.[/p][/quote]shut your stupid silly mouth fatboy. I am more English than you are. Both these acts are disgusting and deserve death. And bye the way, it has nothing to do with what tripe is written in the bible, a pack of lies written by clever men to rule the working classes, as anyone with half a brain knows there is no god of any shape or size. And finally, for all you trendy wanna be's, the words are homosexual, lesbian, queer, puffter, dike, limp wrist or moron, but NEVER gay, as this word means to be happy and joyful, not abnormal. Now I wait to be bludgeoned by a lot of pink handbags! berushka
  • Score: -6

9:37am Thu 7 Feb 13

Bob Shaftoe says...

Welcome back Czechmate, good to see you've lost non of your bile. I look forward to engaging again, but not this waste of space subject.
Welcome back Czechmate, good to see you've lost non of your bile. I look forward to engaging again, but not this waste of space subject. Bob Shaftoe
  • Score: 1

10:28am Thu 7 Feb 13

boydell says...

Calm down children,after all its just a bit of fun letting off steam !!!
Calm down children,after all its just a bit of fun letting off steam !!! boydell
  • Score: -1

11:02am Thu 7 Feb 13

marco999 says...

I used to like making a balanced contribution to these 'debates' it was a fun way to make a point. But this! There are some very sad individuals sat hiding in their little homes spouting their bigoted, racist and often badly thought out views on here on a daily basis. I can only conclude that it must give them a feeling of power that they don't experience elsewhere to be able to chant rubbish like 'death to gays' and then continue to hide behind their keyboards sniggering. Life is for living and love is love. None of can help what we were born into and what hand we were dealt at birth. Those of us who are gay are happy to be gay because it is a normal condition for us. I am gay and my family, friends, work mates et al are quite accepting of the fact. If people don't like who I am then that is their problem because I simply do not care. I have a life to live and I live it well, surrounded by people who love, respect and support me. The fact that it is only now in the twenty first century that gay people will finally get to experience the same level of equality that the rest of society take for granted is the only tragedy here. I obviously welcome gay marriage – today really is the first day of the rest of my life.
I used to like making a balanced contribution to these 'debates' it was a fun way to make a point. But this! There are some very sad individuals sat hiding in their little homes spouting their bigoted, racist and often badly thought out views on here on a daily basis. I can only conclude that it must give them a feeling of power that they don't experience elsewhere to be able to chant rubbish like 'death to gays' and then continue to hide behind their keyboards sniggering. Life is for living and love is love. None of can help what we were born into and what hand we were dealt at birth. Those of us who are gay are happy to be gay because it is a normal condition for us. I am gay and my family, friends, work mates et al are quite accepting of the fact. If people don't like who I am then that is their problem because I simply do not care. I have a life to live and I live it well, surrounded by people who love, respect and support me. The fact that it is only now in the twenty first century that gay people will finally get to experience the same level of equality that the rest of society take for granted is the only tragedy here. I obviously welcome gay marriage – today really is the first day of the rest of my life. marco999
  • Score: 5

11:32am Thu 7 Feb 13

F.D.R. says...

marco999 wrote:
I used to like making a balanced contribution to these 'debates' it was a fun way to make a point. But this! There are some very sad individuals sat hiding in their little homes spouting their bigoted, racist and often badly thought out views on here on a daily basis. I can only conclude that it must give them a feeling of power that they don't experience elsewhere to be able to chant rubbish like 'death to gays' and then continue to hide behind their keyboards sniggering. Life is for living and love is love. None of can help what we were born into and what hand we were dealt at birth. Those of us who are gay are happy to be gay because it is a normal condition for us. I am gay and my family, friends, work mates et al are quite accepting of the fact. If people don't like who I am then that is their problem because I simply do not care. I have a life to live and I live it well, surrounded by people who love, respect and support me. The fact that it is only now in the twenty first century that gay people will finally get to experience the same level of equality that the rest of society take for granted is the only tragedy here. I obviously welcome gay marriage – today really is the first day of the rest of my life.
Great post marco999
[quote][p][bold]marco999[/bold] wrote: I used to like making a balanced contribution to these 'debates' it was a fun way to make a point. But this! There are some very sad individuals sat hiding in their little homes spouting their bigoted, racist and often badly thought out views on here on a daily basis. I can only conclude that it must give them a feeling of power that they don't experience elsewhere to be able to chant rubbish like 'death to gays' and then continue to hide behind their keyboards sniggering. Life is for living and love is love. None of can help what we were born into and what hand we were dealt at birth. Those of us who are gay are happy to be gay because it is a normal condition for us. I am gay and my family, friends, work mates et al are quite accepting of the fact. If people don't like who I am then that is their problem because I simply do not care. I have a life to live and I live it well, surrounded by people who love, respect and support me. The fact that it is only now in the twenty first century that gay people will finally get to experience the same level of equality that the rest of society take for granted is the only tragedy here. I obviously welcome gay marriage – today really is the first day of the rest of my life.[/p][/quote]Great post marco999 F.D.R.
  • Score: 3

1:33pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Love Bolton says...

F.D.R. wrote:
marco999 wrote: I used to like making a balanced contribution to these 'debates' it was a fun way to make a point. But this! There are some very sad individuals sat hiding in their little homes spouting their bigoted, racist and often badly thought out views on here on a daily basis. I can only conclude that it must give them a feeling of power that they don't experience elsewhere to be able to chant rubbish like 'death to gays' and then continue to hide behind their keyboards sniggering. Life is for living and love is love. None of can help what we were born into and what hand we were dealt at birth. Those of us who are gay are happy to be gay because it is a normal condition for us. I am gay and my family, friends, work mates et al are quite accepting of the fact. If people don't like who I am then that is their problem because I simply do not care. I have a life to live and I live it well, surrounded by people who love, respect and support me. The fact that it is only now in the twenty first century that gay people will finally get to experience the same level of equality that the rest of society take for granted is the only tragedy here. I obviously welcome gay marriage – today really is the first day of the rest of my life.
Great post marco999
Excellent post.
[quote][p][bold]F.D.R.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]marco999[/bold] wrote: I used to like making a balanced contribution to these 'debates' it was a fun way to make a point. But this! There are some very sad individuals sat hiding in their little homes spouting their bigoted, racist and often badly thought out views on here on a daily basis. I can only conclude that it must give them a feeling of power that they don't experience elsewhere to be able to chant rubbish like 'death to gays' and then continue to hide behind their keyboards sniggering. Life is for living and love is love. None of can help what we were born into and what hand we were dealt at birth. Those of us who are gay are happy to be gay because it is a normal condition for us. I am gay and my family, friends, work mates et al are quite accepting of the fact. If people don't like who I am then that is their problem because I simply do not care. I have a life to live and I live it well, surrounded by people who love, respect and support me. The fact that it is only now in the twenty first century that gay people will finally get to experience the same level of equality that the rest of society take for granted is the only tragedy here. I obviously welcome gay marriage – today really is the first day of the rest of my life.[/p][/quote]Great post marco999[/p][/quote]Excellent post. Love Bolton
  • Score: 4

2:02pm Thu 7 Feb 13

mralwayscorrect says...

It goes against what we are told in the bible and is therefore an abomination, BLOCK GAY MARRIAGE - THEY ARE EVIL PEOPLE!!!
It goes against what we are told in the bible and is therefore an abomination, BLOCK GAY MARRIAGE - THEY ARE EVIL PEOPLE!!! mralwayscorrect
  • Score: -2

2:09pm Thu 7 Feb 13

mralwayscorrect says...

If you're tempted by someone of the same gender - then don't forget that FRANKIE SAYS RELAX (DON'T DO IT)
If you're tempted by someone of the same gender - then don't forget that FRANKIE SAYS RELAX (DON'T DO IT) mralwayscorrect
  • Score: 0

2:09pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Towny1981 says...

mralwayscorrect wrote:
It goes against what we are told in the bible and is therefore an abomination, BLOCK GAY MARRIAGE - THEY ARE EVIL PEOPLE!!!
Amen. What would the magic sky man think of us? When the world was created by Him 6000 years ago did he make Adam and Steve? No he didn't. Something else about them - they are capable of mind control and have a hidden set of wings capable of allowing for short flights, presumably to Brighton. Gay marriage, we'll be giving women the vote next!
[quote][p][bold]mralwayscorrect[/bold] wrote: It goes against what we are told in the bible and is therefore an abomination, BLOCK GAY MARRIAGE - THEY ARE EVIL PEOPLE!!![/p][/quote]Amen. What would the magic sky man think of us? When the world was created by Him 6000 years ago did he make Adam and Steve? No he didn't. Something else about them - they are capable of mind control and have a hidden set of wings capable of allowing for short flights, presumably to Brighton. Gay marriage, we'll be giving women the vote next! Towny1981
  • Score: 0

2:11pm Thu 7 Feb 13

WATOAOW says...

Love Bolton wrote:
F.D.R. wrote:
marco999 wrote: I used to like making a balanced contribution to these 'debates' it was a fun way to make a point. But this! There are some very sad individuals sat hiding in their little homes spouting their bigoted, racist and often badly thought out views on here on a daily basis. I can only conclude that it must give them a feeling of power that they don't experience elsewhere to be able to chant rubbish like 'death to gays' and then continue to hide behind their keyboards sniggering. Life is for living and love is love. None of can help what we were born into and what hand we were dealt at birth. Those of us who are gay are happy to be gay because it is a normal condition for us. I am gay and my family, friends, work mates et al are quite accepting of the fact. If people don't like who I am then that is their problem because I simply do not care. I have a life to live and I live it well, surrounded by people who love, respect and support me. The fact that it is only now in the twenty first century that gay people will finally get to experience the same level of equality that the rest of society take for granted is the only tragedy here. I obviously welcome gay marriage – today really is the first day of the rest of my life.
Great post marco999
Excellent post.
Agreed. Great post.
[quote][p][bold]Love Bolton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]F.D.R.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]marco999[/bold] wrote: I used to like making a balanced contribution to these 'debates' it was a fun way to make a point. But this! There are some very sad individuals sat hiding in their little homes spouting their bigoted, racist and often badly thought out views on here on a daily basis. I can only conclude that it must give them a feeling of power that they don't experience elsewhere to be able to chant rubbish like 'death to gays' and then continue to hide behind their keyboards sniggering. Life is for living and love is love. None of can help what we were born into and what hand we were dealt at birth. Those of us who are gay are happy to be gay because it is a normal condition for us. I am gay and my family, friends, work mates et al are quite accepting of the fact. If people don't like who I am then that is their problem because I simply do not care. I have a life to live and I live it well, surrounded by people who love, respect and support me. The fact that it is only now in the twenty first century that gay people will finally get to experience the same level of equality that the rest of society take for granted is the only tragedy here. I obviously welcome gay marriage – today really is the first day of the rest of my life.[/p][/quote]Great post marco999[/p][/quote]Excellent post.[/p][/quote]Agreed. Great post. WATOAOW
  • Score: 3

2:40pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Jesusislord says...

Our Lord and Saviour would not have approved! Jesus hung out with twelve blokes all the time, and called Peter 'the one Jesus loved', but there was no hanky panky!!!
Our Lord and Saviour would not have approved! Jesus hung out with twelve blokes all the time, and called Peter 'the one Jesus loved', but there was no hanky panky!!! Jesusislord
  • Score: 0

2:49pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Towny1981 says...

Jesusislord wrote:
Our Lord and Saviour would not have approved! Jesus hung out with twelve blokes all the time, and called Peter 'the one Jesus loved', but there was no hanky panky!!!
Bet there was Ste.
[quote][p][bold]Jesusislord[/bold] wrote: Our Lord and Saviour would not have approved! Jesus hung out with twelve blokes all the time, and called Peter 'the one Jesus loved', but there was no hanky panky!!![/p][/quote]Bet there was Ste. Towny1981
  • Score: 0

2:56pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Jesusislord says...

Towny1981 - it's people like you, who think the Bible an interesting but irrelevant book of Bronze-Age myths, that are bringing this country down!! Answer this: if it was written 2000 years ago, how can it possibly be 'not relevant' to today's society???
Towny1981 - it's people like you, who think the Bible an interesting but irrelevant book of Bronze-Age myths, that are bringing this country down!! Answer this: if it was written 2000 years ago, how can it possibly be 'not relevant' to today's society??? Jesusislord
  • Score: 0

2:58pm Thu 7 Feb 13

KennySenior says...

I was thinking about being a Gay, but I have changed my mind now after this debarcle. Ridiculous.
I was thinking about being a Gay, but I have changed my mind now after this debarcle. Ridiculous. KennySenior
  • Score: 0

2:59pm Thu 7 Feb 13

KennySenior says...

Jesusislord wrote:
Towny1981 - it's people like you, who think the Bible an interesting but irrelevant book of Bronze-Age myths, that are bringing this country down!! Answer this: if it was written 2000 years ago, how can it possibly be 'not relevant' to today's society???
God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.
[quote][p][bold]Jesusislord[/bold] wrote: Towny1981 - it's people like you, who think the Bible an interesting but irrelevant book of Bronze-Age myths, that are bringing this country down!! Answer this: if it was written 2000 years ago, how can it possibly be 'not relevant' to today's society???[/p][/quote]God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. KennySenior
  • Score: -1

3:12pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Towny1981 says...

boydell wrote:
A so called marriage between two same sex people is against the laws of God and nature!! Remember what God done to Soddam and Gommorah. Hence the word.... Sodomy.
In a few years time the government will probably legalise pidophelia.
They havn't got a clue and I give up on this government altogether.
And the word 'Gommorahy', which we use to describe those bits of cheese on the edge of the block that go a bit hard and waxy when exposed to the air. Legailised pidophelia? Finally i'd be able to eat pies without fear!
[quote][p][bold]boydell[/bold] wrote: A so called marriage between two same sex people is against the laws of God and nature!! Remember what God done to Soddam and Gommorah. Hence the word.... Sodomy. In a few years time the government will probably legalise pidophelia. They havn't got a clue and I give up on this government altogether.[/p][/quote]And the word 'Gommorahy', which we use to describe those bits of cheese on the edge of the block that go a bit hard and waxy when exposed to the air. Legailised pidophelia? Finally i'd be able to eat pies without fear! Towny1981
  • Score: 0

3:29pm Thu 7 Feb 13

davoovad says...

Harry-Joe wrote:
haha People do make me laugh.

Why do people think they have a right to inforce their religous beliefs on other people or think that their opinion is better than someone elses?
You are being cruel to people you have never met and who have no impact on your or your life. How will letting a gay couple marry actually effect you? It wont unless you are gay.
Why would you try and stop someone else being happy for no valid reason. So you think its wrong and your entitiled to your opinion but why do you think everyone should live by your beliefs?

If there is a GOD and he says its Wrong then let gay people answer to GOD and not you!

Each to their own i say. What ever makes you happy.

If any of my children happens to be gay then i would rather them be gay and happy then living a lie and be unhappy.
There are some that say killing things makes them happy , so what then ?
[quote][p][bold]Harry-Joe[/bold] wrote: haha People do make me laugh. Why do people think they have a right to inforce their religous beliefs on other people or think that their opinion is better than someone elses? You are being cruel to people you have never met and who have no impact on your or your life. How will letting a gay couple marry actually effect you? It wont unless you are gay. Why would you try and stop someone else being happy for no valid reason. So you think its wrong and your entitiled to your opinion but why do you think everyone should live by your beliefs? If there is a GOD and he says its Wrong then let gay people answer to GOD and not you! Each to their own i say. What ever makes you happy. If any of my children happens to be gay then i would rather them be gay and happy then living a lie and be unhappy.[/p][/quote]There are some that say killing things makes them happy , so what then ? davoovad
  • Score: 0

3:37pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Jesusislord says...

Exactly!! Because being gay and KILLING PEOPLE are totally the SAME thing!!! I was going to say that until logic and common sense stopped me....
Exactly!! Because being gay and KILLING PEOPLE are totally the SAME thing!!! I was going to say that until logic and common sense stopped me.... Jesusislord
  • Score: 0

9:48pm Thu 7 Feb 13

FatMorrisOut says...

marco999 wrote:
I used to like making a balanced contribution to these 'debates' it was a fun way to make a point. But this! There are some very sad individuals sat hiding in their little homes spouting their bigoted, racist and often badly thought out views on here on a daily basis. I can only conclude that it must give them a feeling of power that they don't experience elsewhere to be able to chant rubbish like 'death to gays' and then continue to hide behind their keyboards sniggering. Life is for living and love is love. None of can help what we were born into and what hand we were dealt at birth. Those of us who are gay are happy to be gay because it is a normal condition for us. I am gay and my family, friends, work mates et al are quite accepting of the fact. If people don't like who I am then that is their problem because I simply do not care. I have a life to live and I live it well, surrounded by people who love, respect and support me. The fact that it is only now in the twenty first century that gay people will finally get to experience the same level of equality that the rest of society take for granted is the only tragedy here. I obviously welcome gay marriage – today really is the first day of the rest of my life.
Great post Marco. Ignore what these BIGOTS are saying including the Czech t**t, who wants you all dead, tosser, berushka = knob = gay. We are in the 21st century, homosexuals have fought for this and now started to win the fight. People can call them all sorts, but the fact of the matter, they are here to stay and will make people known. You will never meet nicer people, I am as straight as a die, but have gay friends, so back this bill.
[quote][p][bold]marco999[/bold] wrote: I used to like making a balanced contribution to these 'debates' it was a fun way to make a point. But this! There are some very sad individuals sat hiding in their little homes spouting their bigoted, racist and often badly thought out views on here on a daily basis. I can only conclude that it must give them a feeling of power that they don't experience elsewhere to be able to chant rubbish like 'death to gays' and then continue to hide behind their keyboards sniggering. Life is for living and love is love. None of can help what we were born into and what hand we were dealt at birth. Those of us who are gay are happy to be gay because it is a normal condition for us. I am gay and my family, friends, work mates et al are quite accepting of the fact. If people don't like who I am then that is their problem because I simply do not care. I have a life to live and I live it well, surrounded by people who love, respect and support me. The fact that it is only now in the twenty first century that gay people will finally get to experience the same level of equality that the rest of society take for granted is the only tragedy here. I obviously welcome gay marriage – today really is the first day of the rest of my life.[/p][/quote]Great post Marco. Ignore what these BIGOTS are saying including the Czech t**t, who wants you all dead, tosser, berushka = knob = gay. We are in the 21st century, homosexuals have fought for this and now started to win the fight. People can call them all sorts, but the fact of the matter, they are here to stay and will make people known. You will never meet nicer people, I am as straight as a die, but have gay friends, so back this bill. FatMorrisOut
  • Score: 2

9:50pm Thu 7 Feb 13

FatMorrisOut says...

FatMorrisOut wrote:
marco999 wrote:
I used to like making a balanced contribution to these 'debates' it was a fun way to make a point. But this! There are some very sad individuals sat hiding in their little homes spouting their bigoted, racist and often badly thought out views on here on a daily basis. I can only conclude that it must give them a feeling of power that they don't experience elsewhere to be able to chant rubbish like 'death to gays' and then continue to hide behind their keyboards sniggering. Life is for living and love is love. None of can help what we were born into and what hand we were dealt at birth. Those of us who are gay are happy to be gay because it is a normal condition for us. I am gay and my family, friends, work mates et al are quite accepting of the fact. If people don't like who I am then that is their problem because I simply do not care. I have a life to live and I live it well, surrounded by people who love, respect and support me. The fact that it is only now in the twenty first century that gay people will finally get to experience the same level of equality that the rest of society take for granted is the only tragedy here. I obviously welcome gay marriage – today really is the first day of the rest of my life.
Great post Marco. Ignore what these BIGOTS are saying including the Czech t**t, who wants you all dead, tosser, berushka = knob = gay. We are in the 21st century, homosexuals have fought for this and now started to win the fight. People can call them all sorts, but the fact of the matter, they are here to stay and will make people known. You will never meet nicer people, I am as straight as a die, but have gay friends, so back this bill.
I say berushka = knob = gay, it could be berushka = fanny= gay. haha BIGOT FOOL!!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]FatMorrisOut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]marco999[/bold] wrote: I used to like making a balanced contribution to these 'debates' it was a fun way to make a point. But this! There are some very sad individuals sat hiding in their little homes spouting their bigoted, racist and often badly thought out views on here on a daily basis. I can only conclude that it must give them a feeling of power that they don't experience elsewhere to be able to chant rubbish like 'death to gays' and then continue to hide behind their keyboards sniggering. Life is for living and love is love. None of can help what we were born into and what hand we were dealt at birth. Those of us who are gay are happy to be gay because it is a normal condition for us. I am gay and my family, friends, work mates et al are quite accepting of the fact. If people don't like who I am then that is their problem because I simply do not care. I have a life to live and I live it well, surrounded by people who love, respect and support me. The fact that it is only now in the twenty first century that gay people will finally get to experience the same level of equality that the rest of society take for granted is the only tragedy here. I obviously welcome gay marriage – today really is the first day of the rest of my life.[/p][/quote]Great post Marco. Ignore what these BIGOTS are saying including the Czech t**t, who wants you all dead, tosser, berushka = knob = gay. We are in the 21st century, homosexuals have fought for this and now started to win the fight. People can call them all sorts, but the fact of the matter, they are here to stay and will make people known. You will never meet nicer people, I am as straight as a die, but have gay friends, so back this bill.[/p][/quote]I say berushka = knob = gay, it could be berushka = fanny= gay. haha BIGOT FOOL!!!!!!! FatMorrisOut
  • Score: 1

10:00pm Thu 7 Feb 13

KizzyB says...

KennySenior wrote:
Jesusislord wrote:
Towny1981 - it's people like you, who think the Bible an interesting but irrelevant book of Bronze-Age myths, that are bringing this country down!! Answer this: if it was written 2000 years ago, how can it possibly be 'not relevant' to today's society???
God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.
How do you know Kenny? Where you there? I think not!
[quote][p][bold]KennySenior[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jesusislord[/bold] wrote: Towny1981 - it's people like you, who think the Bible an interesting but irrelevant book of Bronze-Age myths, that are bringing this country down!! Answer this: if it was written 2000 years ago, how can it possibly be 'not relevant' to today's society???[/p][/quote]God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.[/p][/quote]How do you know Kenny? Where you there? I think not! KizzyB
  • Score: 0

10:07pm Thu 7 Feb 13

KizzyB says...

Jesusislord wrote:
Our Lord and Saviour would not have approved! Jesus hung out with twelve blokes all the time, and called Peter 'the one Jesus loved', but there was no hanky panky!!!
How exactly do you know this? Did Jesus keep a detailed day to day diary that you have exclusive access to? How can you possible say what a bloke who lived over 2,000 years ago did or didn't do (or say). Don't be ridiculous!
[quote][p][bold]Jesusislord[/bold] wrote: Our Lord and Saviour would not have approved! Jesus hung out with twelve blokes all the time, and called Peter 'the one Jesus loved', but there was no hanky panky!!![/p][/quote]How exactly do you know this? Did Jesus keep a detailed day to day diary that you have exclusive access to? How can you possible say what a bloke who lived over 2,000 years ago did or didn't do (or say). Don't be ridiculous! KizzyB
  • Score: 0

10:56pm Thu 7 Feb 13

berushka says...

FatMorrisOut wrote:
FatMorrisOut wrote:
marco999 wrote:
I used to like making a balanced contribution to these 'debates' it was a fun way to make a point. But this! There are some very sad individuals sat hiding in their little homes spouting their bigoted, racist and often badly thought out views on here on a daily basis. I can only conclude that it must give them a feeling of power that they don't experience elsewhere to be able to chant rubbish like 'death to gays' and then continue to hide behind their keyboards sniggering. Life is for living and love is love. None of can help what we were born into and what hand we were dealt at birth. Those of us who are gay are happy to be gay because it is a normal condition for us. I am gay and my family, friends, work mates et al are quite accepting of the fact. If people don't like who I am then that is their problem because I simply do not care. I have a life to live and I live it well, surrounded by people who love, respect and support me. The fact that it is only now in the twenty first century that gay people will finally get to experience the same level of equality that the rest of society take for granted is the only tragedy here. I obviously welcome gay marriage – today really is the first day of the rest of my life.
Great post Marco. Ignore what these BIGOTS are saying including the Czech t**t, who wants you all dead, tosser, berushka = knob = gay. We are in the 21st century, homosexuals have fought for this and now started to win the fight. People can call them all sorts, but the fact of the matter, they are here to stay and will make people known. You will never meet nicer people, I am as straight as a die, but have gay friends, so back this bill.
I say berushka = knob = gay, it could be berushka = fanny= gay. haha BIGOT FOOL!!!!!!!
Well Fatboy, I think you and MarcoRolly poly are good friends, if you know what I mean, nod nod, wink wink. Just keep your disgusting habits hidden away from decent people or you may find your wobbly bits being bitten off by a straight dog! You really are a pair of losers, and I am beginning to realise that I shouldn't be wasting my time bothering with a couple of council-house layabouts, who think Breightmet is a chic place to live. You probably didn't even finish school and your idea of a holiday is a package trip to Spain with the other beer swilling benefit scroungers. Oh for a discussion with someone with an IQ at least on a par with a toad. So just crawl back to your filthy love nest and dream about being normal. Sick animals.
[quote][p][bold]FatMorrisOut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]FatMorrisOut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]marco999[/bold] wrote: I used to like making a balanced contribution to these 'debates' it was a fun way to make a point. But this! There are some very sad individuals sat hiding in their little homes spouting their bigoted, racist and often badly thought out views on here on a daily basis. I can only conclude that it must give them a feeling of power that they don't experience elsewhere to be able to chant rubbish like 'death to gays' and then continue to hide behind their keyboards sniggering. Life is for living and love is love. None of can help what we were born into and what hand we were dealt at birth. Those of us who are gay are happy to be gay because it is a normal condition for us. I am gay and my family, friends, work mates et al are quite accepting of the fact. If people don't like who I am then that is their problem because I simply do not care. I have a life to live and I live it well, surrounded by people who love, respect and support me. The fact that it is only now in the twenty first century that gay people will finally get to experience the same level of equality that the rest of society take for granted is the only tragedy here. I obviously welcome gay marriage – today really is the first day of the rest of my life.[/p][/quote]Great post Marco. Ignore what these BIGOTS are saying including the Czech t**t, who wants you all dead, tosser, berushka = knob = gay. We are in the 21st century, homosexuals have fought for this and now started to win the fight. People can call them all sorts, but the fact of the matter, they are here to stay and will make people known. You will never meet nicer people, I am as straight as a die, but have gay friends, so back this bill.[/p][/quote]I say berushka = knob = gay, it could be berushka = fanny= gay. haha BIGOT FOOL!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Well Fatboy, I think you and MarcoRolly poly are good friends, if you know what I mean, nod nod, wink wink. Just keep your disgusting habits hidden away from decent people or you may find your wobbly bits being bitten off by a straight dog! You really are a pair of losers, and I am beginning to realise that I shouldn't be wasting my time bothering with a couple of council-house layabouts, who think Breightmet is a chic place to live. You probably didn't even finish school and your idea of a holiday is a package trip to Spain with the other beer swilling benefit scroungers. Oh for a discussion with someone with an IQ at least on a par with a toad. So just crawl back to your filthy love nest and dream about being normal. Sick animals. berushka
  • Score: 0

10:57pm Thu 7 Feb 13

berushka says...

marco999 wrote:
I used to like making a balanced contribution to these 'debates' it was a fun way to make a point. But this! There are some very sad individuals sat hiding in their little homes spouting their bigoted, racist and often badly thought out views on here on a daily basis. I can only conclude that it must give them a feeling of power that they don't experience elsewhere to be able to chant rubbish like 'death to gays' and then continue to hide behind their keyboards sniggering. Life is for living and love is love. None of can help what we were born into and what hand we were dealt at birth. Those of us who are gay are happy to be gay because it is a normal condition for us. I am gay and my family, friends, work mates et al are quite accepting of the fact. If people don't like who I am then that is their problem because I simply do not care. I have a life to live and I live it well, surrounded by people who love, respect and support me. The fact that it is only now in the twenty first century that gay people will finally get to experience the same level of equality that the rest of society take for granted is the only tragedy here. I obviously welcome gay marriage – today really is the first day of the rest of my life.
shut up you excuse for a human. Stop trying to justify what you know is a disgusting way of life.
[quote][p][bold]marco999[/bold] wrote: I used to like making a balanced contribution to these 'debates' it was a fun way to make a point. But this! There are some very sad individuals sat hiding in their little homes spouting their bigoted, racist and often badly thought out views on here on a daily basis. I can only conclude that it must give them a feeling of power that they don't experience elsewhere to be able to chant rubbish like 'death to gays' and then continue to hide behind their keyboards sniggering. Life is for living and love is love. None of can help what we were born into and what hand we were dealt at birth. Those of us who are gay are happy to be gay because it is a normal condition for us. I am gay and my family, friends, work mates et al are quite accepting of the fact. If people don't like who I am then that is their problem because I simply do not care. I have a life to live and I live it well, surrounded by people who love, respect and support me. The fact that it is only now in the twenty first century that gay people will finally get to experience the same level of equality that the rest of society take for granted is the only tragedy here. I obviously welcome gay marriage – today really is the first day of the rest of my life.[/p][/quote]shut up you excuse for a human. Stop trying to justify what you know is a disgusting way of life. berushka
  • Score: 0

11:11pm Thu 7 Feb 13

Jesusislord says...

KizzyB wrote:
Jesusislord wrote:
Our Lord and Saviour would not have approved! Jesus hung out with twelve blokes all the time, and called Peter 'the one Jesus loved', but there was no hanky panky!!!
How exactly do you know this? Did Jesus keep a detailed day to day diary that you have exclusive access to? How can you possible say what a bloke who lived over 2,000 years ago did or didn't do (or say). Don't be ridiculous!
Kizzy....may I politely suggest googling the word 'irony'?? Given that I mentioned he hung out with 12 blokes, etc....did you really think I was suggesting Jesus was straight as a die?? Really?? I'm clearly much more subtle than I thought I was!
[quote][p][bold]KizzyB[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jesusislord[/bold] wrote: Our Lord and Saviour would not have approved! Jesus hung out with twelve blokes all the time, and called Peter 'the one Jesus loved', but there was no hanky panky!!![/p][/quote]How exactly do you know this? Did Jesus keep a detailed day to day diary that you have exclusive access to? How can you possible say what a bloke who lived over 2,000 years ago did or didn't do (or say). Don't be ridiculous![/p][/quote]Kizzy....may I politely suggest googling the word 'irony'?? Given that I mentioned he hung out with 12 blokes, etc....did you really think I was suggesting Jesus was straight as a die?? Really?? I'm clearly much more subtle than I thought I was! Jesusislord
  • Score: 0

9:30am Fri 8 Feb 13

marco999 says...

I can only logically assume that all the hatred spouted on here is driven by fear. Fear of what they do not understand. It is so easy to hide behind a keyboard spouting hatred isn't it? If the people on here who have (mis) quoted the bible or peddled their ludicrous fear driven hatred, made offensive comparisons, aired their uneducated views and opinions came out in a public forum and did the same then I would at least have a tad of respect for them. If your opinion can't be discussed in a balanced and public debate then please keep it to yourself. We are all capable of hiding behind a keyboard typing nasty unfounded, unreasonable, bigoted, uncultured filth aren't we? That's easy to do, What is not easy is facing the truth, facing reality, facing facts. The fact is that there are gay people in this world who deserve equality regarless of what some bigoted fool might think. So I'll go off any enjoy my life if you don't mind and like I learned a long time ago - sticks and stones ...
I can only logically assume that all the hatred spouted on here is driven by fear. Fear of what they do not understand. It is so easy to hide behind a keyboard spouting hatred isn't it? If the people on here who have (mis) quoted the bible or peddled their ludicrous fear driven hatred, made offensive comparisons, aired their uneducated views and opinions came out in a public forum and did the same then I would at least have a tad of respect for them. If your opinion can't be discussed in a balanced and public debate then please keep it to yourself. We are all capable of hiding behind a keyboard typing nasty unfounded, unreasonable, bigoted, uncultured filth aren't we? That's easy to do, What is not easy is facing the truth, facing reality, facing facts. The fact is that there are gay people in this world who deserve equality regarless of what some bigoted fool might think. So I'll go off any enjoy my life if you don't mind and like I learned a long time ago - sticks and stones ... marco999
  • Score: 0

12:02pm Fri 8 Feb 13

mdavies11 says...

Hopefully scientists will one day come up with a cure for gayness. It seems to cause a lot of misery.
Hopefully scientists will one day come up with a cure for gayness. It seems to cause a lot of misery. mdavies11
  • Score: -1

12:10pm Fri 8 Feb 13

Jesusislord says...

mdavies11 wrote:
Hopefully scientists will one day come up with a cure for gayness. It seems to cause a lot of misery.
It'll take a while if their progress on curing people who are right-wing is anything to go by.....
[quote][p][bold]mdavies11[/bold] wrote: Hopefully scientists will one day come up with a cure for gayness. It seems to cause a lot of misery.[/p][/quote]It'll take a while if their progress on curing people who are right-wing is anything to go by..... Jesusislord
  • Score: -2

12:41pm Fri 8 Feb 13

Towny1981 says...

Jesusislord wrote:
mdavies11 wrote:
Hopefully scientists will one day come up with a cure for gayness. It seems to cause a lot of misery.
It'll take a while if their progress on curing people who are right-wing is anything to go by.....
The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club.
[quote][p][bold]Jesusislord[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mdavies11[/bold] wrote: Hopefully scientists will one day come up with a cure for gayness. It seems to cause a lot of misery.[/p][/quote]It'll take a while if their progress on curing people who are right-wing is anything to go by.....[/p][/quote]The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club. Towny1981
  • Score: 0

1:06pm Fri 8 Feb 13

WATOAOW says...

mralwayscorrect wrote:
If you're tempted by someone of the same gender - then don't forget that FRANKIE SAYS RELAX (DON'T DO IT)
If your quoting a Holly Johnson lyric to make a homophobic point is ironic, it's brilliant. If, as I fear, you're making what you believe to be a serious point, it's even more brilliant for very different reasons.
[quote][p][bold]mralwayscorrect[/bold] wrote: If you're tempted by someone of the same gender - then don't forget that FRANKIE SAYS RELAX (DON'T DO IT)[/p][/quote]If your quoting a Holly Johnson lyric to make a homophobic point is ironic, it's brilliant. If, as I fear, you're making what you believe to be a serious point, it's even more brilliant for very different reasons. WATOAOW
  • Score: 0

1:16pm Fri 8 Feb 13

Jesusislord says...

WATOAOW wrote:
mralwayscorrect wrote:
If you're tempted by someone of the same gender - then don't forget that FRANKIE SAYS RELAX (DON'T DO IT)
If your quoting a Holly Johnson lyric to make a homophobic point is ironic, it's brilliant. If, as I fear, you're making what you believe to be a serious point, it's even more brilliant for very different reasons.
I thought that song was about going for a number 2?? It messed me up for years....
[quote][p][bold]WATOAOW[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mralwayscorrect[/bold] wrote: If you're tempted by someone of the same gender - then don't forget that FRANKIE SAYS RELAX (DON'T DO IT)[/p][/quote]If your quoting a Holly Johnson lyric to make a homophobic point is ironic, it's brilliant. If, as I fear, you're making what you believe to be a serious point, it's even more brilliant for very different reasons.[/p][/quote]I thought that song was about going for a number 2?? It messed me up for years.... Jesusislord
  • Score: 0

1:55pm Fri 8 Feb 13

mdavies11 says...

I feel so sorry for homosexual people. It must be a terribly alienating burden in life.
I feel so sorry for homosexual people. It must be a terribly alienating burden in life. mdavies11
  • Score: -1

7:55pm Fri 8 Feb 13

myfanwy7 says...

F.D.R. wrote:
boydell wrote:
A so called marriage between two same sex people is against the laws of God and nature!! Remember what God done to Soddam and Gommorah. Hence the word.... Sodomy. In a few years time the government will probably legalise pidophelia. They havn't got a clue and I give up on this government altogether.
Boydell... are you comparing homosexuallity to pidophelia (peodophilia)?
Are you suggesting God committed sodomy in Sodom and Gomorrah? And is pidophelia similar to paedophilia? In any event marriage is a man-made institution. Nature has nothing to do with it.
[quote][p][bold]F.D.R.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]boydell[/bold] wrote: A so called marriage between two same sex people is against the laws of God and nature!! Remember what God done to Soddam and Gommorah. Hence the word.... Sodomy. In a few years time the government will probably legalise pidophelia. They havn't got a clue and I give up on this government altogether.[/p][/quote]Boydell... are you comparing homosexuallity to pidophelia (peodophilia)?[/p][/quote]Are you suggesting God committed sodomy in Sodom and Gomorrah? And is pidophelia similar to paedophilia? In any event marriage is a man-made institution. Nature has nothing to do with it. myfanwy7
  • Score: 2

7:03pm Sat 9 Feb 13

KizzyB says...

Jesusislord wrote:
KizzyB wrote:
Jesusislord wrote:
Our Lord and Saviour would not have approved! Jesus hung out with twelve blokes all the time, and called Peter 'the one Jesus loved', but there was no hanky panky!!!
How exactly do you know this? Did Jesus keep a detailed day to day diary that you have exclusive access to? How can you possible say what a bloke who lived over 2,000 years ago did or didn't do (or say). Don't be ridiculous!
Kizzy....may I politely suggest googling the word 'irony'?? Given that I mentioned he hung out with 12 blokes, etc....did you really think I was suggesting Jesus was straight as a die?? Really?? I'm clearly much more subtle than I thought I was!
No your not subtle at all! I 'do' irony as well, which is why I answered you in same vein, tongue fairly in cheek (mine not yours, let's not get cheeky here!).
[quote][p][bold]Jesusislord[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]KizzyB[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jesusislord[/bold] wrote: Our Lord and Saviour would not have approved! Jesus hung out with twelve blokes all the time, and called Peter 'the one Jesus loved', but there was no hanky panky!!![/p][/quote]How exactly do you know this? Did Jesus keep a detailed day to day diary that you have exclusive access to? How can you possible say what a bloke who lived over 2,000 years ago did or didn't do (or say). Don't be ridiculous![/p][/quote]Kizzy....may I politely suggest googling the word 'irony'?? Given that I mentioned he hung out with 12 blokes, etc....did you really think I was suggesting Jesus was straight as a die?? Really?? I'm clearly much more subtle than I thought I was![/p][/quote]No your not subtle at all! I 'do' irony as well, which is why I answered you in same vein, tongue fairly in cheek (mine not yours, let's not get cheeky here!). KizzyB
  • Score: 0

6:01pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Jesusislord says...

KizzyB wrote:
Jesusislord wrote:
KizzyB wrote:
Jesusislord wrote:
Our Lord and Saviour would not have approved! Jesus hung out with twelve blokes all the time, and called Peter 'the one Jesus loved', but there was no hanky panky!!!
How exactly do you know this? Did Jesus keep a detailed day to day diary that you have exclusive access to? How can you possible say what a bloke who lived over 2,000 years ago did or didn't do (or say). Don't be ridiculous!
Kizzy....may I politely suggest googling the word 'irony'?? Given that I mentioned he hung out with 12 blokes, etc....did you really think I was suggesting Jesus was straight as a die?? Really?? I'm clearly much more subtle than I thought I was!
No your not subtle at all! I 'do' irony as well, which is why I answered you in same vein, tongue fairly in cheek (mine not yours, let's not get cheeky here!).
KizzyB - my bad!! You can put your tongue in my cheek anytime....Jesus said that's totally fine...he was a bit weird like that....
[quote][p][bold]KizzyB[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jesusislord[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]KizzyB[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jesusislord[/bold] wrote: Our Lord and Saviour would not have approved! Jesus hung out with twelve blokes all the time, and called Peter 'the one Jesus loved', but there was no hanky panky!!![/p][/quote]How exactly do you know this? Did Jesus keep a detailed day to day diary that you have exclusive access to? How can you possible say what a bloke who lived over 2,000 years ago did or didn't do (or say). Don't be ridiculous![/p][/quote]Kizzy....may I politely suggest googling the word 'irony'?? Given that I mentioned he hung out with 12 blokes, etc....did you really think I was suggesting Jesus was straight as a die?? Really?? I'm clearly much more subtle than I thought I was![/p][/quote]No your not subtle at all! I 'do' irony as well, which is why I answered you in same vein, tongue fairly in cheek (mine not yours, let's not get cheeky here!).[/p][/quote]KizzyB - my bad!! You can put your tongue in my cheek anytime....Jesus said that's totally fine...he was a bit weird like that.... Jesusislord
  • Score: 0

2:15pm Tue 12 Feb 13

gladrill says...

I have nothing against gays but marraige is between a man and a woman. It is going against the sanctity of marraige. Why do you think the high ups want this? Most people are against this.
I have nothing against gays but marraige is between a man and a woman. It is going against the sanctity of marraige. Why do you think the high ups want this? Most people are against this. gladrill
  • Score: 0

2:21pm Tue 12 Feb 13

gladrill says...

Jesusislord wrote:
KizzyB wrote:
Jesusislord wrote:
KizzyB wrote:
Jesusislord wrote:
Our Lord and Saviour would not have approved! Jesus hung out with twelve blokes all the time, and called Peter 'the one Jesus loved', but there was no hanky panky!!!
How exactly do you know this? Did Jesus keep a detailed day to day diary that you have exclusive access to? How can you possible say what a bloke who lived over 2,000 years ago did or didn't do (or say). Don't be ridiculous!
Kizzy....may I politely suggest googling the word 'irony'?? Given that I mentioned he hung out with 12 blokes, etc....did you really think I was suggesting Jesus was straight as a die?? Really?? I'm clearly much more subtle than I thought I was!
No your not subtle at all! I 'do' irony as well, which is why I answered you in same vein, tongue fairly in cheek (mine not yours, let's not get cheeky here!).
KizzyB - my bad!! You can put your tongue in my cheek anytime....Jesus said that's totally fine...he was a bit weird like that....
Get a grip you are blastpheming. You might not be religious but a lot of people are and this is a disgracful thing to say.
[quote][p][bold]Jesusislord[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]KizzyB[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jesusislord[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]KizzyB[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jesusislord[/bold] wrote: Our Lord and Saviour would not have approved! Jesus hung out with twelve blokes all the time, and called Peter 'the one Jesus loved', but there was no hanky panky!!![/p][/quote]How exactly do you know this? Did Jesus keep a detailed day to day diary that you have exclusive access to? How can you possible say what a bloke who lived over 2,000 years ago did or didn't do (or say). Don't be ridiculous![/p][/quote]Kizzy....may I politely suggest googling the word 'irony'?? Given that I mentioned he hung out with 12 blokes, etc....did you really think I was suggesting Jesus was straight as a die?? Really?? I'm clearly much more subtle than I thought I was![/p][/quote]No your not subtle at all! I 'do' irony as well, which is why I answered you in same vein, tongue fairly in cheek (mine not yours, let's not get cheeky here!).[/p][/quote]KizzyB - my bad!! You can put your tongue in my cheek anytime....Jesus said that's totally fine...he was a bit weird like that....[/p][/quote]Get a grip you are blastpheming. You might not be religious but a lot of people are and this is a disgracful thing to say. gladrill
  • Score: 0

3:46pm Tue 12 Feb 13

BWFC71 says...

gladrill wrote:
I have nothing against gays but marraige is between a man and a woman. It is going against the sanctity of marraige. Why do you think the high ups want this? Most people are against this.
Most people are against this?????

What planet are you living on?

I for one agree with it totally. The conceptional idea that marriage is only between a man and a woman only came into being about 400 years ago. Before then anyone could marry anyone. In fact that principle still exists, and has never changed, with some faiths on this planet of ours.

Even during the Greek, Ottoman and Roman Empire days men could marry men and same for women, and no one battered an eyelid.

I whole-heartedly agree that homosexuals and lesbians can marry each other and have the same rights as a married couple. But I would now expand the concept so that those on civil-partnerships or those who loive together (of any combination - man and woman or man and man or woman and woman) would now have the exact same rights as a married couple.
[quote][p][bold]gladrill[/bold] wrote: I have nothing against gays but marraige is between a man and a woman. It is going against the sanctity of marraige. Why do you think the high ups want this? Most people are against this.[/p][/quote]Most people are against this????? What planet are you living on? I for one agree with it totally. The conceptional idea that marriage is only between a man and a woman only came into being about 400 years ago. Before then anyone could marry anyone. In fact that principle still exists, and has never changed, with some faiths on this planet of ours. Even during the Greek, Ottoman and Roman Empire days men could marry men and same for women, and no one battered an eyelid. I whole-heartedly agree that homosexuals and lesbians can marry each other and have the same rights as a married couple. But I would now expand the concept so that those on civil-partnerships or those who loive together (of any combination - man and woman or man and man or woman and woman) would now have the exact same rights as a married couple. BWFC71
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree