Ice hazard GP patients given yellow lines parking tickets

PARKING tickets were issued to doctors’ patients who parked on yellow lines after the surgery closed its car park because of ice.

Harwood Medical Centre’s car park was closed on Wednesday as it was seen to be a health and safety issue because of the snow and ice.

Patients, who were unable to park on the ungritted car park, had to find alternative parking nearby.

Two received tickets because they left their cars on double yellow lines in Hough Fold Way.

A member of staff from the centre, who asked not to be named, said many of the patients were “borderline disabled” and many were unable to walk to free car parking nearby.

The employee, who was not speaking on behalf of the centre, said: “The traffic warden came and ticketed the cars while the people were inside the medical centre. Most of them are elderly and infirm and it is a dirty trick and needs exposing.

There was no common sense.”

A Bolton Council spokesman said two people were given tickets and they were not blue badge holders, adding: “There is plenty of free car parking nearby and two fines were issued to people who had parked on double yellow lines.

“Disabled badge holders in Hough Fold Way can park on the double yellow lines but otherwise parking is not permitted. If a motorist does feel they have been fined unfairly they can always challenge their fine.”

The council grit just over half of the total road network across the borough and also grit footpaths in town centres. It is not responsible for gritting private car parks.

Harwood Medical Centre is owned by the GP practice and not by Bolton PCT. The centre refused to comment on the incident, but the receptionist said the car park was shut for health and safety reasons

Comments (35)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:10am Sat 26 Jan 13

EllenSpeaks says...

Harwood Medical Centre should have gritted there car parks, not close it!
Harwood Medical Centre should have gritted there car parks, not close it! EllenSpeaks
  • Score: 0

10:11am Sat 26 Jan 13

Harold 1 says...

I witnessed this .The conditions were exceptional and the offending vehicles were not causing an obstruction. Another example of Bolton's Draconian parking enforcement which has successfully turned the town centre into a ghost town
I witnessed this .The conditions were exceptional and the offending vehicles were not causing an obstruction. Another example of Bolton's Draconian parking enforcement which has successfully turned the town centre into a ghost town Harold 1
  • Score: 0

10:56am Sat 26 Jan 13

EllenSpeaks says...

Harold 1 wrote:
I witnessed this .The conditions were exceptional and the offending vehicles were not causing an obstruction. Another example of Bolton's Draconian parking enforcement which has successfully turned the town centre into a ghost town
They were only exceptional because the staff at the medical centre did not do anything to the car park. The health centre has a duty to it's patients and staff and should have been prepared for the weather, there was enough notice about it.
[quote][p][bold]Harold 1[/bold] wrote: I witnessed this .The conditions were exceptional and the offending vehicles were not causing an obstruction. Another example of Bolton's Draconian parking enforcement which has successfully turned the town centre into a ghost town[/p][/quote]They were only exceptional because the staff at the medical centre did not do anything to the car park. The health centre has a duty to it's patients and staff and should have been prepared for the weather, there was enough notice about it. EllenSpeaks
  • Score: 0

11:14am Sat 26 Jan 13

macauley says...

the weather is no excuse.
the weather is no excuse. macauley
  • Score: 0

11:18am Sat 26 Jan 13

atlas123 says...

I have often wondered what happens if you cant see double yellows because of snow......

Schools, doctors, local government are too risk averse.

Surely it can be no suprise to anyone the carpark might be icy recently, leave it open and let people decide where to park based on their own risk assessment!
I have often wondered what happens if you cant see double yellows because of snow...... Schools, doctors, local government are too risk averse. Surely it can be no suprise to anyone the carpark might be icy recently, leave it open and let people decide where to park based on their own risk assessment! atlas123
  • Score: 0

11:59am Sat 26 Jan 13

berushka says...

Park on double yellow lines, or anywhere else that is public, and the driver of the car pays; park in a private car park and break your leg on ice would be the responsibility of the owner of the car park, ie the health centre, so rather than risk being sued, they decided instead to force their patients, ie customers, to park elsewhere, thus a case of saving one's a..e and let everyone else fend for themselves. A tad selfish and lazy attitude.
Park on double yellow lines, or anywhere else that is public, and the driver of the car pays; park in a private car park and break your leg on ice would be the responsibility of the owner of the car park, ie the health centre, so rather than risk being sued, they decided instead to force their patients, ie customers, to park elsewhere, thus a case of saving one's a..e and let everyone else fend for themselves. A tad selfish and lazy attitude. berushka
  • Score: 0

12:46pm Sat 26 Jan 13

Sue brindle says...

Most businesses - and this is a business - had provisions where staff cleared the car parks of snow. Where I work our maintenance staff cleared the car park and the pavement outside work to make sure our employees were safe and not block surrounding roads. Stop blaming other people eg the council and pass your parking tickets on to the health centre. It might make them think twice in the future.
Most businesses - and this is a business - had provisions where staff cleared the car parks of snow. Where I work our maintenance staff cleared the car park and the pavement outside work to make sure our employees were safe and not block surrounding roads. Stop blaming other people eg the council and pass your parking tickets on to the health centre. It might make them think twice in the future. Sue brindle
  • Score: 0

2:17pm Sat 26 Jan 13

tony000 says...

the council grit the roads but the grit is not working must have been a nice cheep lot .bolton council scimping yet again
the council grit the roads but the grit is not working must have been a nice cheep lot .bolton council scimping yet again tony000
  • Score: 0

2:19pm Sat 26 Jan 13

tony000 says...

the council grit the roads but the grit is not working must have been a nice cheep lot .bolton council scimping yet again
the council grit the roads but the grit is not working must have been a nice cheep lot .bolton council scimping yet again tony000
  • Score: 0

2:34pm Sat 26 Jan 13

Harold 1 says...

So EllenSpeaks presumably expects teachers to clear playgrounds? Get real!
So EllenSpeaks presumably expects teachers to clear playgrounds? Get real! Harold 1
  • Score: 0

2:41pm Sat 26 Jan 13

macauley says...

berushka wrote:
Park on double yellow lines, or anywhere else that is public, and the driver of the car pays; park in a private car park and break your leg on ice would be the responsibility of the owner of the car park, ie the health centre, so rather than risk being sued, they decided instead to force their patients, ie customers, to park elsewhere, thus a case of saving one's a..e and let everyone else fend for themselves. A tad selfish and lazy attitude.
i agree and in this day and age some people are just out looking to claim were they can.
[quote][p][bold]berushka[/bold] wrote: Park on double yellow lines, or anywhere else that is public, and the driver of the car pays; park in a private car park and break your leg on ice would be the responsibility of the owner of the car park, ie the health centre, so rather than risk being sued, they decided instead to force their patients, ie customers, to park elsewhere, thus a case of saving one's a..e and let everyone else fend for themselves. A tad selfish and lazy attitude.[/p][/quote]i agree and in this day and age some people are just out looking to claim were they can.[fact] macauley
  • Score: 0

5:53pm Sat 26 Jan 13

aardwolf says...

tony000 wrote:
the council grit the roads but the grit is not working must have been a nice cheep lot .bolton council scimping yet again
cheep grit? For budgies?
[quote][p][bold]tony000[/bold] wrote: the council grit the roads but the grit is not working must have been a nice cheep lot .bolton council scimping yet again[/p][/quote]cheep grit? For budgies? aardwolf
  • Score: 0

6:04pm Sat 26 Jan 13

BWFC71 says...

Harold 1 wrote:
So EllenSpeaks presumably expects teachers to clear playgrounds? Get real!
Why shouldn't they?

They have a duty to protect and educate children - teaching is not just about turning up, teach the children, have a coffee then go home!!!

Its about some people get real and have a community spirit about them. In my street all teh neighbours got together this morning to help make the main thoroughfare passable for cars - they needn't ahve done it as one expects teh council to do it - but its a community spirit!!!
[quote][p][bold]Harold 1[/bold] wrote: So EllenSpeaks presumably expects teachers to clear playgrounds? Get real![/p][/quote]Why shouldn't they? They have a duty to protect and educate children - teaching is not just about turning up, teach the children, have a coffee then go home!!! Its about some people get real and have a community spirit about them. In my street all teh neighbours got together this morning to help make the main thoroughfare passable for cars - they needn't ahve done it as one expects teh council to do it - but its a community spirit!!! BWFC71
  • Score: 0

7:45pm Sat 26 Jan 13

brian jones says...

Why shouldn't teachers help to clear playgrounds? In other areas of work, staff pull together to do whatever is necessary for their own safety and that of their customers and clients.
Why shouldn't teachers help to clear playgrounds? In other areas of work, staff pull together to do whatever is necessary for their own safety and that of their customers and clients. brian jones
  • Score: 0

9:20pm Sat 26 Jan 13

macauley says...

brian jones wrote:
Why shouldn't teachers help to clear playgrounds? In other areas of work, staff pull together to do whatever is necessary for their own safety and that of their customers and clients.
because its easyer for them to just close them when they want,you know the easy option.
[quote][p][bold]brian jones[/bold] wrote: Why shouldn't teachers help to clear playgrounds? In other areas of work, staff pull together to do whatever is necessary for their own safety and that of their customers and clients.[/p][/quote]because its easyer for them to just close them when they want,you know the easy option. macauley
  • Score: 0

9:52pm Sat 26 Jan 13

brian jones says...

Absolutely. Then we hear all the excuses about the teachers not living close to the school (even though lots of people don't live close to their workplace and they still have to turn in) or the dinner ladies didn't get there (how many dinner ladies have a long commute to work?).
Absolutely. Then we hear all the excuses about the teachers not living close to the school (even though lots of people don't live close to their workplace and they still have to turn in) or the dinner ladies didn't get there (how many dinner ladies have a long commute to work?). brian jones
  • Score: 0

10:55pm Sat 26 Jan 13

MarkAllRead says...

macauley wrote:
brian jones wrote:
Why shouldn't teachers help to clear playgrounds? In other areas of work, staff pull together to do whatever is necessary for their own safety and that of their customers and clients.
because its easyer for them to just close them when they want,you know the easy option.
Unfortunately, it's because of health and safety rules. If the staff attempt to clear it, but do a less than perfect job and someone slips and hurts themselves - then the staff are liable. If they don't touch it and declare the car park closed, then they have no liability.
[quote][p][bold]macauley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]brian jones[/bold] wrote: Why shouldn't teachers help to clear playgrounds? In other areas of work, staff pull together to do whatever is necessary for their own safety and that of their customers and clients.[/p][/quote]because its easyer for them to just close them when they want,you know the easy option.[/p][/quote]Unfortunately, it's because of health and safety rules. If the staff attempt to clear it, but do a less than perfect job and someone slips and hurts themselves - then the staff are liable. If they don't touch it and declare the car park closed, then they have no liability. MarkAllRead
  • Score: 0

11:07pm Sat 26 Jan 13

macauley says...

MarkAllRead wrote:
macauley wrote:
brian jones wrote: Why shouldn't teachers help to clear playgrounds? In other areas of work, staff pull together to do whatever is necessary for their own safety and that of their customers and clients.
because its easyer for them to just close them when they want,you know the easy option.
Unfortunately, it's because of health and safety rules. If the staff attempt to clear it, but do a less than perfect job and someone slips and hurts themselves - then the staff are liable. If they don't touch it and declare the car park closed, then they have no liability.
correct.
[quote][p][bold]MarkAllRead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]macauley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]brian jones[/bold] wrote: Why shouldn't teachers help to clear playgrounds? In other areas of work, staff pull together to do whatever is necessary for their own safety and that of their customers and clients.[/p][/quote]because its easyer for them to just close them when they want,you know the easy option.[/p][/quote]Unfortunately, it's because of health and safety rules. If the staff attempt to clear it, but do a less than perfect job and someone slips and hurts themselves - then the staff are liable. If they don't touch it and declare the car park closed, then they have no liability.[/p][/quote]correct. macauley
  • Score: 0

12:35am Sun 27 Jan 13

brian jones says...

Also, if they don't touch it and leave the car park open, so people can see that it's icy and will take care, or if they clear it properly so it's not still icy (like my and many other employers did) there is no liability. Also, the staff per se would not be liable. If anyone, the local authority would be liable , for the actions of their staff, IF and only if they had been negligent.
Also, if they don't touch it and leave the car park open, so people can see that it's icy and will take care, or if they clear it properly so it's not still icy (like my and many other employers did) there is no liability. Also, the staff per se would not be liable. If anyone, the local authority would be liable , for the actions of their staff, IF and only if they had been negligent. brian jones
  • Score: 0

6:55am Sun 27 Jan 13

grimtown says...

so next time the surgery will just close. is this really what the tits incharge at Bolton council want. if it was outside a mosque ???? Or a poorer area of Bolton ? Prehaps council highways service should clear critical health and school carparks rather than concentrating on the failed town centre?
This town works if your an immigrant or lolong term unemployed otherwise it is as corrupt as they come!
so next time the surgery will just close. is this really what the tits incharge at Bolton council want. if it was outside a mosque ???? Or a poorer area of Bolton ? Prehaps council highways service should clear critical health and school carparks rather than concentrating on the failed town centre? This town works if your an immigrant or lolong term unemployed otherwise it is as corrupt as they come! grimtown
  • Score: 0

12:52pm Sun 27 Jan 13

Harold 1 says...

Staff clearing snow is an absurd suggestion ..the car park is nearly 2 acres. "Sorry the doctor can't see you today because he's shifting snow" ...not sure that's valid use of staff time.
Staff clearing snow is an absurd suggestion ..the car park is nearly 2 acres. "Sorry the doctor can't see you today because he's shifting snow" ...not sure that's valid use of staff time. Harold 1
  • Score: 0

7:42pm Sun 27 Jan 13

BWFC71 says...

MarkAllRead wrote:
macauley wrote:
brian jones wrote:
Why shouldn't teachers help to clear playgrounds? In other areas of work, staff pull together to do whatever is necessary for their own safety and that of their customers and clients.
because its easyer for them to just close them when they want,you know the easy option.
Unfortunately, it's because of health and safety rules. If the staff attempt to clear it, but do a less than perfect job and someone slips and hurts themselves - then the staff are liable. If they don't touch it and declare the car park closed, then they have no liability.
That is completely poppycock.

I have looked it up on the H&S various websites and staff clearing a carpark of snow and ice are not viable to be being sued or blamed if anyone has an accident - due to the fact its an act of God rather than negligence by a person!
[quote][p][bold]MarkAllRead[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]macauley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]brian jones[/bold] wrote: Why shouldn't teachers help to clear playgrounds? In other areas of work, staff pull together to do whatever is necessary for their own safety and that of their customers and clients.[/p][/quote]because its easyer for them to just close them when they want,you know the easy option.[/p][/quote]Unfortunately, it's because of health and safety rules. If the staff attempt to clear it, but do a less than perfect job and someone slips and hurts themselves - then the staff are liable. If they don't touch it and declare the car park closed, then they have no liability.[/p][/quote]That is completely poppycock. I have looked it up on the H&S various websites and staff clearing a carpark of snow and ice are not viable to be being sued or blamed if anyone has an accident - due to the fact its an act of God rather than negligence by a person! BWFC71
  • Score: 0

7:45pm Sun 27 Jan 13

BWFC71 says...

PS if it was due to Health and Safety then any accident that occured on teh roads of the borough, after being gritted then Bolton Council would be sued/to blame for creating the accident!!!!!! Just like any potholes etc etc etc would be due to the negligence of the Council for not sorting out the problems!!!
PS if it was due to Health and Safety then any accident that occured on teh roads of the borough, after being gritted then Bolton Council would be sued/to blame for creating the accident!!!!!! Just like any potholes etc etc etc would be due to the negligence of the Council for not sorting out the problems!!! BWFC71
  • Score: 0

1:57pm Mon 28 Jan 13

Harry-Joe says...

berushka wrote:
Park on double yellow lines, or anywhere else that is public, and the driver of the car pays; park in a private car park and break your leg on ice would be the responsibility of the owner of the car park, ie the health centre, so rather than risk being sued, they decided instead to force their patients, ie customers, to park elsewhere, thus a case of saving one's a..e and let everyone else fend for themselves. A tad selfish and lazy attitude.
but the sad thing is, someone started this by falling on a health centre carpark and claiming compensation for it.

WE are in this sad prediciment because WE put ourselves here.

Same goes for all compensation claims. Insurances are on the rise because people are now money grabbing scroungers after whatever they can get for free.
Only its not free cause you pay for it in insurance hikes or in this case health centres closing car parks.

Yellow lines are yellow lines and you shouldnt park on them. no excuses.

Everyone moans about binmen and council workers etc not going to work because of the snow, but if everyone cleared the road directly infront of their house, the roads would be fine for the binmen etc to get round. But nobody wants to, They just want to sit back and moan about it instead of finding a solution or helping do something about it.
[quote][p][bold]berushka[/bold] wrote: Park on double yellow lines, or anywhere else that is public, and the driver of the car pays; park in a private car park and break your leg on ice would be the responsibility of the owner of the car park, ie the health centre, so rather than risk being sued, they decided instead to force their patients, ie customers, to park elsewhere, thus a case of saving one's a..e and let everyone else fend for themselves. A tad selfish and lazy attitude.[/p][/quote]but the sad thing is, someone started this by falling on a health centre carpark and claiming compensation for it. WE are in this sad prediciment because WE put ourselves here. Same goes for all compensation claims. Insurances are on the rise because people are now money grabbing scroungers after whatever they can get for free. Only its not free cause you pay for it in insurance hikes or in this case health centres closing car parks. Yellow lines are yellow lines and you shouldnt park on them. no excuses. Everyone moans about binmen and council workers etc not going to work because of the snow, but if everyone cleared the road directly infront of their house, the roads would be fine for the binmen etc to get round. But nobody wants to, They just want to sit back and moan about it instead of finding a solution or helping do something about it. Harry-Joe
  • Score: 0

2:01pm Mon 28 Jan 13

Harry-Joe says...

EllenSpeaks wrote:
Harold 1 wrote:
I witnessed this .The conditions were exceptional and the offending vehicles were not causing an obstruction. Another example of Bolton's Draconian parking enforcement which has successfully turned the town centre into a ghost town
They were only exceptional because the staff at the medical centre did not do anything to the car park. The health centre has a duty to it's patients and staff and should have been prepared for the weather, there was enough notice about it.
Who at the health centre should have cleared it?

They may not have been causing an obstruction but yellow lines are there for a reason, what if a passing car had slipped on the ice into the illegally parked car?

I understand what your saying, the patients had to park somewhere but its not the health centre staffs fault.

The council should have had gritters out doing all the health centre carparks.
[quote][p][bold]EllenSpeaks[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Harold 1[/bold] wrote: I witnessed this .The conditions were exceptional and the offending vehicles were not causing an obstruction. Another example of Bolton's Draconian parking enforcement which has successfully turned the town centre into a ghost town[/p][/quote]They were only exceptional because the staff at the medical centre did not do anything to the car park. The health centre has a duty to it's patients and staff and should have been prepared for the weather, there was enough notice about it.[/p][/quote]Who at the health centre should have cleared it? They may not have been causing an obstruction but yellow lines are there for a reason, what if a passing car had slipped on the ice into the illegally parked car? I understand what your saying, the patients had to park somewhere but its not the health centre staffs fault. The council should have had gritters out doing all the health centre carparks. Harry-Joe
  • Score: 0

2:03pm Mon 28 Jan 13

JOHN HIGHAM says...

"but the receptionist said the car park was shut for health and safety reasons"

What a stupid cow that receptionist was,,,, When will these halfwits stop blaming the health and safety because they are just a team of lazy gets?

P,S, the health and safety says NOTHING within the "trip and slip regs.....

This is just a case of BULLPOOP because of them being so lazy
"but the receptionist said the car park was shut for health and safety reasons" What a stupid cow that receptionist was,,,, When will these halfwits stop blaming the health and safety because they are just a team of lazy gets? P,S, the health and safety says NOTHING within the "trip and slip regs..... This is just a case of BULLPOOP because of them being so lazy JOHN HIGHAM
  • Score: 0

2:06pm Mon 28 Jan 13

macauley says...

Harry-Joe wrote:
berushka wrote: Park on double yellow lines, or anywhere else that is public, and the driver of the car pays; park in a private car park and break your leg on ice would be the responsibility of the owner of the car park, ie the health centre, so rather than risk being sued, they decided instead to force their patients, ie customers, to park elsewhere, thus a case of saving one's a..e and let everyone else fend for themselves. A tad selfish and lazy attitude.
but the sad thing is, someone started this by falling on a health centre carpark and claiming compensation for it. WE are in this sad prediciment because WE put ourselves here. Same goes for all compensation claims. Insurances are on the rise because people are now money grabbing scroungers after whatever they can get for free. Only its not free cause you pay for it in insurance hikes or in this case health centres closing car parks. Yellow lines are yellow lines and you shouldnt park on them. no excuses. Everyone moans about binmen and council workers etc not going to work because of the snow, but if everyone cleared the road directly infront of their house, the roads would be fine for the binmen etc to get round. But nobody wants to, They just want to sit back and moan about it instead of finding a solution or helping do something about it.
get real,what about old and disabled people,what do you want to do? give them a mobility snow plough.
[quote][p][bold]Harry-Joe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]berushka[/bold] wrote: Park on double yellow lines, or anywhere else that is public, and the driver of the car pays; park in a private car park and break your leg on ice would be the responsibility of the owner of the car park, ie the health centre, so rather than risk being sued, they decided instead to force their patients, ie customers, to park elsewhere, thus a case of saving one's a..e and let everyone else fend for themselves. A tad selfish and lazy attitude.[/p][/quote]but the sad thing is, someone started this by falling on a health centre carpark and claiming compensation for it. WE are in this sad prediciment because WE put ourselves here. Same goes for all compensation claims. Insurances are on the rise because people are now money grabbing scroungers after whatever they can get for free. Only its not free cause you pay for it in insurance hikes or in this case health centres closing car parks. Yellow lines are yellow lines and you shouldnt park on them. no excuses. Everyone moans about binmen and council workers etc not going to work because of the snow, but if everyone cleared the road directly infront of their house, the roads would be fine for the binmen etc to get round. But nobody wants to, They just want to sit back and moan about it instead of finding a solution or helping do something about it.[/p][/quote]get real,what about old and disabled people,what do you want to do? give them a mobility snow plough. macauley
  • Score: 0

4:18pm Mon 28 Jan 13

Harry-Joe says...

macauley wrote:
Harry-Joe wrote:
berushka wrote: Park on double yellow lines, or anywhere else that is public, and the driver of the car pays; park in a private car park and break your leg on ice would be the responsibility of the owner of the car park, ie the health centre, so rather than risk being sued, they decided instead to force their patients, ie customers, to park elsewhere, thus a case of saving one's a..e and let everyone else fend for themselves. A tad selfish and lazy attitude.
but the sad thing is, someone started this by falling on a health centre carpark and claiming compensation for it. WE are in this sad prediciment because WE put ourselves here. Same goes for all compensation claims. Insurances are on the rise because people are now money grabbing scroungers after whatever they can get for free. Only its not free cause you pay for it in insurance hikes or in this case health centres closing car parks. Yellow lines are yellow lines and you shouldnt park on them. no excuses. Everyone moans about binmen and council workers etc not going to work because of the snow, but if everyone cleared the road directly infront of their house, the roads would be fine for the binmen etc to get round. But nobody wants to, They just want to sit back and moan about it instead of finding a solution or helping do something about it.
get real,what about old and disabled people,what do you want to do? give them a mobility snow plough.
ha yeah why not?..... (
[quote][p][bold]macauley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Harry-Joe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]berushka[/bold] wrote: Park on double yellow lines, or anywhere else that is public, and the driver of the car pays; park in a private car park and break your leg on ice would be the responsibility of the owner of the car park, ie the health centre, so rather than risk being sued, they decided instead to force their patients, ie customers, to park elsewhere, thus a case of saving one's a..e and let everyone else fend for themselves. A tad selfish and lazy attitude.[/p][/quote]but the sad thing is, someone started this by falling on a health centre carpark and claiming compensation for it. WE are in this sad prediciment because WE put ourselves here. Same goes for all compensation claims. Insurances are on the rise because people are now money grabbing scroungers after whatever they can get for free. Only its not free cause you pay for it in insurance hikes or in this case health centres closing car parks. Yellow lines are yellow lines and you shouldnt park on them. no excuses. Everyone moans about binmen and council workers etc not going to work because of the snow, but if everyone cleared the road directly infront of their house, the roads would be fine for the binmen etc to get round. But nobody wants to, They just want to sit back and moan about it instead of finding a solution or helping do something about it.[/p][/quote]get real,what about old and disabled people,what do you want to do? give them a mobility snow plough.[/p][/quote]ha yeah why not?..... ( Harry-Joe
  • Score: 0

4:23pm Mon 28 Jan 13

Harry-Joe says...

Obviously not!

If you have someone who is not physically capable then why cant you do it? just as you would go check they they are ok and if they needed anything in such conditions anyway.
Most residential streets have houses down both sides of the road, so its not like you have to dig the whole street out on your own.
30mins shovelling and you make it easier to drive, park and for the servcies to get about. i.e. bin men etc.

Yet someone else seeing a problem and not offering a solution. Seems to be the norm in the society that we have come to be living in.
Obviously not! If you have someone who is not physically capable then why cant you do it? just as you would go check they they are ok and if they needed anything in such conditions anyway. Most residential streets have houses down both sides of the road, so its not like you have to dig the whole street out on your own. 30mins shovelling and you make it easier to drive, park and for the servcies to get about. i.e. bin men etc. Yet someone else seeing a problem and not offering a solution. Seems to be the norm in the society that we have come to be living in. Harry-Joe
  • Score: 0

8:14pm Mon 28 Jan 13

macauley says...

Harry-Joe wrote:
Obviously not! If you have someone who is not physically capable then why cant you do it? just as you would go check they they are ok and if they needed anything in such conditions anyway. Most residential streets have houses down both sides of the road, so its not like you have to dig the whole street out on your own. 30mins shovelling and you make it easier to drive, park and for the servcies to get about. i.e. bin men etc. Yet someone else seeing a problem and not offering a solution. Seems to be the norm in the society that we have come to be living in.
maybe ime talking about myself you nerd.
[quote][p][bold]Harry-Joe[/bold] wrote: Obviously not! If you have someone who is not physically capable then why cant you do it? just as you would go check they they are ok and if they needed anything in such conditions anyway. Most residential streets have houses down both sides of the road, so its not like you have to dig the whole street out on your own. 30mins shovelling and you make it easier to drive, park and for the servcies to get about. i.e. bin men etc. Yet someone else seeing a problem and not offering a solution. Seems to be the norm in the society that we have come to be living in.[/p][/quote]maybe ime talking about myself you nerd. macauley
  • Score: 0

8:42am Wed 30 Jan 13

Harry-Joe says...

macauley wrote:
Harry-Joe wrote:
Obviously not! If you have someone who is not physically capable then why cant you do it? just as you would go check they they are ok and if they needed anything in such conditions anyway. Most residential streets have houses down both sides of the road, so its not like you have to dig the whole street out on your own. 30mins shovelling and you make it easier to drive, park and for the servcies to get about. i.e. bin men etc. Yet someone else seeing a problem and not offering a solution. Seems to be the norm in the society that we have come to be living in.
maybe ime talking about myself you nerd.
I shall put it in simple terms for you .....

YOUR NEIGHBOUR SHOULD DO IT FOR YOU THEN!

Stop moaning about it and do something about it. or would you like someone to wipe your a**e all your life?
[quote][p][bold]macauley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Harry-Joe[/bold] wrote: Obviously not! If you have someone who is not physically capable then why cant you do it? just as you would go check they they are ok and if they needed anything in such conditions anyway. Most residential streets have houses down both sides of the road, so its not like you have to dig the whole street out on your own. 30mins shovelling and you make it easier to drive, park and for the servcies to get about. i.e. bin men etc. Yet someone else seeing a problem and not offering a solution. Seems to be the norm in the society that we have come to be living in.[/p][/quote]maybe ime talking about myself you nerd.[/p][/quote]I shall put it in simple terms for you ..... YOUR NEIGHBOUR SHOULD DO IT FOR YOU THEN! Stop moaning about it and do something about it. or would you like someone to wipe your a**e all your life? Harry-Joe
  • Score: 0

1:05pm Wed 30 Jan 13

cliff4treasurer says...

Only people who live abroad (probably not all?) or on Mars are unaware that parking on yellow lines in Bolton no matter what the excuse will bring about the wrath of the traffic demons,sorry wardens,and moaning about it will do you no good.The stock answer from faceless knob head beuracrat " if a person feels they have been unjustly issued witha ticket" blah blah blah is par for the course for a council like we have in Bolton where most of the knob head councillors are deaf to any wishes/comments etc of the people who put them there.
They act like this because they are in one of the safest labour controlled towns in the uk with no fear of being ousted at the next or any election.
The main reason for this is bacause the poorer areas of the town are more than the affluent areas of the town so always have more labour voters hence more labour councillors on the council hence the majority.
It pretende to be democratic.
As long as the council money is spent in all the poor areas of the town and the more affluent (allegedly) areas are left to rot there will be no change.Don't believe me? Go and have a look at Stich mi lane in Harwood. then take a look at Halliwell road.
Only Bolton council with Cliff (the resident clown ) in charge could spend over 40 million quid on a new school (3 schools on one site) and leave the road like a farm track as it borders one of the more affluent estates (allegedly.
Don't want the poor folks/immigrants thinking we are supporting the contributors do we Cliff!!
Only people who live abroad (probably not all?) or on Mars are unaware that parking on yellow lines in Bolton no matter what the excuse will bring about the wrath of the traffic demons,sorry wardens,and moaning about it will do you no good.The stock answer from faceless knob head beuracrat " if a person feels they have been unjustly issued witha ticket" blah blah blah is par for the course for a council like we have in Bolton where most of the knob head councillors are deaf to any wishes/comments etc of the people who put them there. They act like this because they are in one of the safest labour controlled towns in the uk with no fear of being ousted at the next or any election. The main reason for this is bacause the poorer areas of the town are more than the affluent areas of the town so always have more labour voters hence more labour councillors on the council hence the majority. It pretende to be democratic. As long as the council money is spent in all the poor areas of the town and the more affluent (allegedly) areas are left to rot there will be no change.Don't believe me? Go and have a look at Stich mi lane in Harwood. then take a look at Halliwell road. Only Bolton council with Cliff (the resident clown ) in charge could spend over 40 million quid on a new school (3 schools on one site) and leave the road like a farm track as it borders one of the more affluent estates (allegedly. Don't want the poor folks/immigrants thinking we are supporting the contributors do we Cliff!! cliff4treasurer
  • Score: 0

1:47pm Wed 30 Jan 13

macauley says...

Harry-Joe wrote:
macauley wrote:
Harry-Joe wrote: Obviously not! If you have someone who is not physically capable then why cant you do it? just as you would go check they they are ok and if they needed anything in such conditions anyway. Most residential streets have houses down both sides of the road, so its not like you have to dig the whole street out on your own. 30mins shovelling and you make it easier to drive, park and for the servcies to get about. i.e. bin men etc. Yet someone else seeing a problem and not offering a solution. Seems to be the norm in the society that we have come to be living in.
maybe ime talking about myself you nerd.
I shall put it in simple terms for you ..... YOUR NEIGHBOUR SHOULD DO IT FOR YOU THEN! Stop moaning about it and do something about it. or would you like someone to wipe your a**e all your life?
know thanks i can wipe my own.but if i could not i would sooner have my a##e dirty before let you heartless pleb near me.
[quote][p][bold]Harry-Joe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]macauley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Harry-Joe[/bold] wrote: Obviously not! If you have someone who is not physically capable then why cant you do it? just as you would go check they they are ok and if they needed anything in such conditions anyway. Most residential streets have houses down both sides of the road, so its not like you have to dig the whole street out on your own. 30mins shovelling and you make it easier to drive, park and for the servcies to get about. i.e. bin men etc. Yet someone else seeing a problem and not offering a solution. Seems to be the norm in the society that we have come to be living in.[/p][/quote]maybe ime talking about myself you nerd.[/p][/quote]I shall put it in simple terms for you ..... YOUR NEIGHBOUR SHOULD DO IT FOR YOU THEN! Stop moaning about it and do something about it. or would you like someone to wipe your a**e all your life?[/p][/quote]know thanks i can wipe my own.but if i could not i would sooner have my a##e dirty before let you heartless pleb near me. macauley
  • Score: 0

10:41pm Wed 30 Jan 13

ALI MINIUM KHAN says...

the GP's should put there hand in there pockets to pay the tickets as a good will gesture, because they never gritted the carparks, my thoughts
the GP's should put there hand in there pockets to pay the tickets as a good will gesture, because they never gritted the carparks, my thoughts ALI MINIUM KHAN
  • Score: 0

11:09am Fri 1 Feb 13

atlas123 says...

I am not 100% but I think with snow, you can just leave it... And let them get on with suing let people make their own choice if to walk on it or not.

I know someone who tried to sue the council after slipping on the snow a few years back. They got absolutly nowhere.
Serves them right!!!

People have some sort of urban myth i think that if the touch the snow then they become liable if anyone slips. Again this is nonsence aslong as you act sensibley, i.e. scraping, salting and brushing as opposed to pouring water and oil onto the ice.
I am not 100% but I think with snow, you can just leave it... And let them get on with suing let people make their own choice if to walk on it or not. I know someone who tried to sue the council after slipping on the snow a few years back. They got absolutly nowhere. Serves them right!!! People have some sort of urban myth i think that if the touch the snow then they become liable if anyone slips. Again this is nonsence aslong as you act sensibley, i.e. scraping, salting and brushing as opposed to pouring water and oil onto the ice. atlas123
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree