Fire breaks out at Bolton Lads and Girls Club
8:44am Tuesday 8th January 2013 in News
MORE than 100 youngsters were evacuated from a youth club after a fire broke out in the basement last night.
Firefighters were called to Bolton Lads and Girls Club when the extractor fan in the boxing gym burst into flames at around 8.45pm.
It is thought the blaze was caused by paper being deliberately thrown into the fan from the exterior of the building on Spa Road, Bolton.
Staff and youngsters had evacuated the building by the time fire crews from Bolton Central arrived.
The damage was contained to the extractor fan but the boxing gym was damaged by smoke.
Firefighters used a fan to remove the smoke from the building.
No-one was injured and police are investigating the incident.